PDA

View Full Version : "Come Friday morning, Dwight Howard will be a Laker."

Small Fundamental
08-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I know this isn't exactly Spurs news. But I think it's relevant to our team.

"Come Friday morning, Dwight Howard will be a Laker. That's the way things are looking, according to ESPN's Marc Stein, who is reporting that a phone call to process the trade with the league office is scheduled. While the details are still emerging about the players involved, the rumored four-team megadeal reported earlier Thursday is the best bet. Orlando is expected to receive three first-round picks in addition to Aaron Afflalo, Al Harrington and Nikola Vucevic. Lakers center Andrew Bynum is reportedly heading to the Philadelphia 76ers, while the Denver Nuggets also involved. Pau Gasol is not being traded, according to Stein, so the Lakers will enter next season with a lineup featuring Howard, Gasol, Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash. Look out, rest of the NBA."

Courtesy: nesn.com

The rich get richer. :wakeup

dbreiden83080
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Stern really wants that Lakers/Heat final..:rolleyes

Sean Cagney
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Stern really wants that Lakers/Heat final..:rolleyes
Oh yeah more money in his rigged leagues pockets! KOBE VS LEBRON, like the commercials years ago on it with them two he will get it no matter what the cost! Lets hope two teams dash that dream, I doubt it but lets hope God prevails there and they do not make it next year.

silverblackfan
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Wow. Just...wow. If this happens, it will only make kicking their ass in the playoffs that much sweeter.

therealtruth
08-10-2012, 01:43 AM
The Spurs should have been working the phones. TP would be better than the spare parts the Magic got back.

LakerLanny
08-11-2012, 12:42 PM
It is pretty exciting as a Laker Fan.

Obviously the Lakers are going all in and set up to incur the largest luxury tax bill of all time under the new CBA.

But losing in the 2nd round two years in a row doesn't cut it in Los Angeles. We beat OKC last season in the playoffs if Nash is running the PG at the end of those games even without Howard.

Now with Dwight, Nash, Jamison, Meeks, a resigned Jordan Hill, maybe Kenyon Martin also? With Pau and Kobe? It has the potential of being a formidable team once everyone gets up to speed and D12 is healthy in the 2nd half of next season.

DMC
08-11-2012, 02:53 PM
The Spurs should have been working the phones. TP would be better than the spare parts the Magic got back.
Wow

No big name goes to a lower profile team willingly. Almost everyone wants to be center stage. Duncan is one of the rare exceptions. He could have gone to LA or Boston or NY years ago.

I realize this is how it's been for decades, but the latest crops of players are like clones, all the same goals and most of those have nothing to do with winning a ring. The NBA is going down a treacherous road and they risk isolating fans all across the country with these kinds of "super team" builds, regardless the outcome. There can only be so many hated teams.

DMC
08-11-2012, 03:00 PM
It is pretty exciting as a Laker Fan.

Obviously the Lakers are going all in and set up to incur the largest luxury tax bill of all time under the new CBA.

But losing in the 2nd round two years in a row doesn't cut it in Los Angeles. We beat OKC last season in the playoffs if Nash is running the PG at the end of those games even without Howard.

Now with Dwight, Nash, Jamison, Meeks, a resigned Jordan Hill, maybe Kenyon Martin also? With Pau and Kobe? It has the potential of being a formidable team once everyone gets up to speed and D12 is healthy in the 2nd half of next season.
This is the key element. Core group is now fairly new including the coach. Only Pau and Kobe have been together any length of time. Even the super friends struggled in their first year, only they weren't borderline retirement age.

therealtruth
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow

No big name goes to a lower profile team willingly. Almost everyone wants to be center stage. Duncan is one of the rare exceptions. He could have gone to LA or Boston or NY years ago.

I realize this is how it's been for decades, but the latest crops of players are like clones, all the same goals and most of those have nothing to do with winning a ring. The NBA is going down a treacherous road and they risk isolating fans all across the country with these kinds of "super team" builds, regardless the outcome. There can only be so many hated teams.

I agree. But who would help us win a championship more? And if we won one with Dwight do you think he would want to go elsewhere?