PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs Lakers

Spurtacus
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
who wins in 2013 NBA Finals?

Ace
08-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Heat, is it really up for debate? Lakers will put up a better fight than the Thunder but that's it..

namlook
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
one and done.

Josepatches_
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Heat VS OKC tbh

HeatChamps
08-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Whoever comes out of west will lose easily to the mighty Heat. Heat in 5.

Clipper Nation
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Clippers in 6

pass1st
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Wait until trade deadline to be over for damage control threads, tbh

DMC
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Barring injury, I don't see anyone getting past OKC in the West. They shoot FTs like an older Dallas team I remember, and in the playoffs, with their speed and quickness, no one is going to beat them in the West. I would be very surprised to see any team even take them to 7 games. However, the Heat are going to win again, especially with Ray Allen launching from outside. That's going to be fun to cheer against but fun to watch at the same time.

Spurtacus
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Wait until trade deadline to be over for damage control threads, tbh

Nah. Looking forward to the best of 79 games series between the Heat and Lakers.

irishock
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
9 years in the making.

DAF86
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
It will be Lebron, the remaining pieces of Wade and Bosh vs Dwight, Nash, Gasol and the TOSB?

If Lebron pulls it off he instantly becomes top 5 all-time.

LkrFan
08-10-2012, 01:53 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/526504_413248042045210_88074092_n.jpg

:toast

HarlemHeat37
08-10-2012, 01:56 AM
The Lakers are the best team in the West on paper, but the battle vs, OKC will be interesting..

Kendrick Perkins is overrated and often kills OKC's flow, but he's going to fit perfectly against the Lakers, considering he absolutely owns Dwight Howard..

As for Lakers-Heat, as I've been saying for years..if they meet up, there's no chance that Kobe doesn't attempt to take the spotlight from Lebron, which would hurt LA's chances..

ChrisRichards
08-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Barring injury, I don't see anyone getting past OKC in the West. They shoot FTs like an older Dallas team I remember, and in the playoffs, with their speed and quickness, no one is going to beat them in the West.
Lakers were 2 turnovers away from winning that series under a new coach in a shortened season tbh. With the addition of the best center in the L who can match Ibaka's defensive intensity and a PG who can shoot the lights out, I think the Lakers can finally wear that team down.

TheRealCB
08-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Barring injury, I don't see anyone getting past OKC in the West. They shoot FTs like an older Dallas team I remember, and in the playoffs, with their speed and quickness, no one is going to beat them in the West. I would be very surprised to see any team even take them to 7 games. However, the Heat are going to win again, especially with Ray Allen launching from outside. That's going to be fun to cheer against but fun to watch at the same time.
Solid proof why you're still a 20k post GNSF :lmao

whitemamba
08-10-2012, 05:32 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/526504_413248042045210_88074092_n.jpg

:toast

:lobt2::lobt::lobt2:

AussieFanKurt
08-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I hope Nash wins a ring, deserves it.

Lakers will

Latarian Milton
08-10-2012, 09:35 AM

you gonna be right again tbh

ChrisRichards
08-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Heat have the edge right now.

Better Coach.

While Spo is no Phil Jackson, he's at least around a guy like Pat Riley who's known to have influenced Spo over the years. Mike Brown doesn't have anyone of that caliber around him.

Better bench.

Lakers hasn't addressed this issue...at all, which was their biggest weakness tbh. Jamison is pretty much done at this point. This is like another Aaron Mckie, Jim Jackson acquisition.

Better system and Chemistry

Heat has a working system that produces results. 2 NBA Finals appearances and a dominating series against a team many claimed would be champions last year. The Heat have chemistry,, while LA are under a new offensive system integrating two new players.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Heat have the edge right now.

Better Coach.

While Spo is no Phil Jackson, he's at least around a guy like Pat Riley who's known to have influenced Spo over the years. Mike Brown doesn't have anyone of that caliber around him.

Better bench.

Lakers hasn't addressed this issue...at all, which was their biggest weakness tbh. Jamison is pretty much done at this point. This is like another Aaron Mckie, Jim Jackson acquisition.

Better system and Chemistry

Heat has a working system that produces results. 2 NBA Finals appearances and a dominating series against a team many claimed would be champions last year. The Heat have chemistry,, while LA are under a new offensive system integrating two new players.

Let's be honest here, both of our coaches are just coaches in name only. Neither can really make a difference like Phil or Riley could.

Lakers bench is bad, but it's getting better tbh - Hill & Ebanks are promising and Blake is starting to make open 3s again. They are missing a kobe backup and somebody fast enough to contest people like CP3 and Westbrook. Both issues can be remedied without huge moves.

We don't know the Laker system with Nash running the helm, he might be borderline TOSB, but at almost 40 he's still considered the best pure PG. We have to see how he will run the team.

Heat really have overwhelming talent in a weak conference, the Bulls suck and they made it 1st seed with monkeyballing Rose. Talent is all it takes to make playoffs in the east.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Kobe says Superman Has Found A Home

Kobe Bryant released the following statement on his Facebook page in response to the Lakers' trade of Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard.

"Well, it looks like Superman has found a home," wrote Bryant. "I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious.."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222930/Kobe_Superman_Has_Found_A_Home#ixzz23AGlOy00

ChrisRichards
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Let's be honest here, both of our coaches are just coaches in name only. Neither can really make a difference like Phil or Riley could.

Lakers bench is bad, but it's getting better tbh - Hill & Ebanks are promising and Blake is starting to make open 3s again. They are missing a kobe backup and somebody fast enough to contest people like CP3 and Westbrook. Both issues can be remedied without huge moves.

We don't know the Laker system with Nash running the helm, he might be borderline TOSB, but at almost 40 he's still considered the best pure PG. We have to see how he will run the team.

Heat really have overwhelming talent in a weak conference, the Bulls suck and they made it 1st seed with monkeyballing Rose. Talent is all it takes to make playoffs in the east.

We'll see. Overall. I think Nash brings far more value to LA than Dwight tbh. I just don't know if Steve can play a full season without having any sort of health issues. He missed 20 games last year. If Nash dominates the offensive sequence for LA and Kobe buys the fact that he no longer needs to average over 25 points a game or take more than 20 shots a game, they are going to be unbeatable. But as it stand right now, the Heat have more intangibles than LA.

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Ring James in the clutch:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y8hphTlK1r98qz6o1_500.gif

Dwight in the clutch:

http://i38.tinypic.com/5vce4o.gif

:lol Talking shit to a real winner, three-time MVP, and champion from the sidelines

Any questions?

namlook
08-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Ring James in the clutch:

:lol Talking shit to a real winner, three-time MVP, and champion from the sidelines

Any questions?

What a random post from a clipper fan. Jealous much? :lol

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
What a random post from a clipper fan. Jealous much? :lol
I'm a LeBron fan too, and is this not a Heat vs. Lakers thread?

Ashy Larry
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Clippers in 6

6 decades ......

VBM
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/308921_10101320968305729_195763122_n.jpg

TIMMYtoZO
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
:lol No one is stopping Miami. I will admit that the West is a 2 team race between OKC/LA Lakers, but neither team is good enough to take down the champs. Miami is a dynasty. They aren't done winning championships, and they won't be done anytime soon. This is a dynasty in the making.

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
6 decades ......

Son, just hope and pray that Chauncey "B-B-B-Big Shot" Billups, a true winner, doesn't rekindle the memories of 2004 in his old age, tbh....

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Son, just hope and pray that Chauncey "B-B-B-Big Shot" Billups, a true winner, doesn't rekindle the memories of 2004 in his old age, tbh....

How old is he now? He's not the same Billups anymore

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
How old is he now? He's not the same Billups anymore

The former champ, Finals MVP, and Kobe-destroyer is 35 years old now, which is strange, since it feels like he's older than that, tbh....

phoenix219
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
We'll see. Overall. I think Nash brings far more value to LA than Dwight tbh. I just don't know if Steve can play a full season without having any sort of health issues. He missed 20 games last year. If Nash dominates the offensive sequence for LA and Kobe buys the fact that he no longer needs to average over 25 points a game or take more than 20 shots a game, they are going to be unbeatable. But as it stand right now, the Heat have more intangibles than LA.

66 game season, and you're saying Nash only played 46 games? you're out of your mind.

62 Starts, 32 Wins, 30 Losses, 28 Double-Doubles

Whats that, FOUR missed games in a lock out compressed season?

ChrisRichards
08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
66 game season, and you're saying Nash only played 46 games? you're out of your mind.

62 Starts, 32 Wins, 30 Losses, 28 Double-Doubles

Whats that, FOUR missed games in a lock out compressed season?
:lol Yeah brain fart tbh. I was using the 82 game schedule.:lmao

Anyway, signing of Jodie Meeks changes everything. IMO HCA will determine the champion in the series.

phoenix219
08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I feel so dirty jumping on this LaLa wagon. I HATE the Lakers. Yet now. I have to want them to be amazing. God dammit. Lol.

whitemamba
08-10-2012, 06:03 PM
The former champ, Finals MVP, and Kobe-destroyer is 35 years old now, which is strange, since it feels like he's older than that, tbh....

:lol:lol:lol

this guy tries a bit to hard to troll tbh

HeatChamps
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Fuck you lakers. I hope you die of some horrible death or something. Go rot in hell with your Kobe Bryant.

whitemamba
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Fuck you lakers. I hope you die of some horrible death or something. Go rot in hell with your Kobe Bryant.

ahaha this nigga... :lol:lol:lol:lol