PDA

View Full Version : Lateral move.

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:16 PM
No post game. No passing game. Can't shoot freethrows. Just coming off back surgery. And it's not like he'll improve the Lakers interior defense exponentially from what it was this past season. The slight gain the Lakers receive in rebounding and interior defense isn't worth the loss of Bynum's skills in the post.

Lol dipshit Lakers fans actually think the most overrated player of the past decade is going to bring them another title.

You'll realize how overrated Howard is by mid-season.

Chris
08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
lol renting a brokedown mercedes for one year

pass1st
I want Dickings opinion

pass1st
lol renting a brokedown mercedes for one year

:lmao

Bynumite
08-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I want Dickings opinion

The butthurt is way too strong to troll right now.

DMC
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
You're the odd man out here, aren't you? 76ers dude. You're going to take them to the Finals this year.

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM

Funny thing is if I asked you after Bynum's 30 board game and 10 Block playoff game if you thought Howard was better than him, you would've laughed in my face. Now all of sudden that Howard is a Laker, he's leaps and bounds better than Bynum and we're all "butthurt" about the huge "upgrade."

When Dwight can actually function in the post and perform a decent move, then I'll take him seriously as a true elite big. He's a monkeyball player. Nothing more.

Bynumite
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
You're the odd man out here, aren't you? 76ers dude. You're going to take them to the Finals this year.

Looking forward to see dat nicca Drew beasting on those east coast niggas with his newly acquired 1st option touches tbh :toast

DMC
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Looking forward to see dat nicca Drew beasting on those east coast niggas with his newly acquired 1st option touches tbh :toast
Look forward instead to more knee rehab as Drew realizes he doesn't want to be in Philly, and since Kobe ain't around, look for some upstairs attitude adjustment when he acts a fool.

ElNono
I want to see the whole thing function before handing any trophies, tbh... but on paper, I think this move makes them the 3rd most talented team in the league...

Koolaid_Man
Funny thing is if I asked you after Bynum's 30 board game and 10 Block playoff game if you thought Howard was better than him, you would've laughed in my face. Now all of sudden that Howard is a Laker, he's leaps and bounds better than Bynum and we're all "butthurt" about the huge "upgrade."

When Dwight can actually function in the post and perform a decent move, then I'll take him seriously as a true elite big. He's a monkeyball player. Nothing more.

I'm running around my room naked right now...jumping up and down..dick flopping all around....I feel a fap coming on :lol

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm running around my room naked right now...jumping up and down..dick flopping all around....I feel a fap coming on :lol

Not surprised the acquisition of a monkey would stir your hormones.

symple19
08-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Dwight is more enamored with lights than he is basketballs, LA will only enhance this inclination.

If....and it's a big IF, he decides to develop his game than the league will be in trouble. Otherwise, you have a team with a declining superstar and a prima donna in the blocks...not a recipe for success

Spurtacus
08-09-2012, 11:31 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MR-4fT5DIuw/T5bJmiPXH6I/AAAAAAAAcIg/ST3aS5jYoPU/s1600/dwight-howard-douche1.jpg

symple19
08-09-2012, 11:32 PM
sorry to all you retards who don't understand big words

cobbler
Since all we have done this offseason is upgrade laterally.

$1000.00 the Lakers get past the 2nd round next year.

Your mouth yaps... Let's see if your willing to back it up.

Koolaid_Man
Not surprised the acquisition of a monkey would stir your hormones.

man I'm so happy...if I could jump off my walls like a monkey I'd be in bannana heaven....

this move was great for the lakers. they got to keep gasol instead of settling for harrington.

howard is also a better fit for the lakers because he's used to his team not passing him the ball. bynum, on the other hand, while having a better offense than howard, needs the ball to be effective. kobe obviously won't be giving up his 20+ chucks per game. howard can just hang around down low, get the rebound, and finish.

Koolaid_Man
08-09-2012, 11:33 PM

I got money that says he won't take that bet :lol

Spurtacus
08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
this move was great for the lakers. they got to keep gasol instead of settling for harrington.

howard is also a better fit for the lakers because he's used to his team not passing him the ball. bynum, on the other hand, while having a better offense than howard, needs the ball to be effective. kobe obviously won't be giving up his 20+ chucks per game. howard can just hang around down low, get the rebound, and finish.

Lakers are moving to a Princeton offense, which requires team passing, backdoor cuts, and outside shooting. Pretty sure Howard doesn't excel at any of those.

symple19

really going out on a limb, aren't you?

midnightpulp

Why would I take that shit bet? Lakers were likely a lock for the WCF even if this trade never went down.

You're such a bitch. You're only ballsy enough to wager when you have a lock.

DMC

If you have that much faith, bet on the chip.

midnightpulp
really going out on a limb, aren't you?

Two limbs, to be precise.

The Gemini Method

Can you break the words down syllable by syllable...we Laker fans ain't too smart...

cobbler
I got money that says he won't take that bet :lol

Of course he wont. He's an insecure obsessed little bitch that is all talk no walk. *pun INTENDED*

cobbler
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Why would I take that shit bet? Lakers were likely a lock for the WCF even if this trade never went down.

You're such a bitch. You're only ballsy enough to wager when you have a lock.

How can they be a lock? They havent got past the 2nd round the last two years and you have stated on two occasions that they have only made lateral moves.

Oh the irony! :lmao

DMC
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM

This will be true if Pau utilizes his true strength on offense which is the 10 - 17' jumper and crash the boards. I think he going to crumble even further into the abyss of self doubt though with all the trade talk, and now he's 4th wheel behind Nash, Howard and Kobe. He's got ample excuse to slack off.

Koolaid_Man
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Of course he wont. He's an insecure obsessed little bitch that is all talk no walk. *pun INTENDED*

yep..he got that from his mama :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
take the bet midnight......Cobbler my man... keep stroking mid's ass with a feather it's quite enjoyable to watch him squirm...

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
How can they be a lock? They havent got past the 2nd round the last tow years and you have stated on two occasions that they have only made lateral moves.

Oh the irony! :lmao

In my opinion, barring injuries, they were making it the WCF this next season even if they stood pat. They came within two Kobe choke jobs of beating the Western Conference Champions. Give them full training camp, another year in Brown's system, along with the expectation of Bynum getting even better, and there's no team that could keep them out of the WCF, unless they improbably meet OKC in an earlier round, which I wouldn't expect to happen.

cobbler
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
So have they been lateral moves or are they a lock to go further?

Midget trolling himself! Love it!!!!

It's my b-day today. Happy Bday to ME!!!!!!

08-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Lakers are moving to a Princeton offense, which requires team passing, backdoor cuts, and outside shooting. Pretty sure Howard doesn't excel at any of those.
howard doesn't need to do anything but camp the paint and collect kobe's bricks or wait for a nash lob.

symple19
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Can you break the words down syllable by syllable...we Laker fans ain't too smart...

never trying to dump on the decent Laker fans, as you well know

Actually, that statement was directed at everyone... relish the fact that you aren't GNSF

symple19
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Two limbs, to be precise.

set em up and knock em' down

cobbler
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
In my opinion, barring injuries, they were making it the WCF this next season even if they stood pat. They came within two Kobe choke jobs of beating the Western Conference Champions. Give them full training camp, another year in Brown's system, along with the expectation of Bynum getting even better, and there's no team that could keep them out of the WCF, unless they improbably meet OKC in an earlier round, which I wouldn't expect to happen.

Sounds like a lot af backpeddling and excuses to me. Kobe is going to be older and worse this year. Shall we bring up your hundreds of Kobe is shit posts over the offseasn? :lol

Im outta here. I just know you would post this thread and wanted another laugh at your expense.

Good luck next season with your Spurs!

17 on the way! :lobt2:

Venti Quattro
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
BOO fucking HOO.

The Gemini Method
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm so glad we got to keep Matt "I choke bitches" Barnes...

:lol stacked
:lol How long before Howard gets caught with a prostitute on Sunset Blvd.

symple19
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Happy Bday to ME!!!!!!

Birthdays are a big event!

Did you get yourself a new prosthetic!?

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:49 PM
So have then been lateral moves or are they a lock to go further?

Lateral moves. Remember your proclamation: Championship or bust. And Howard won't deliver that.

So what if you go a round further (you probably should've been there last year, but Kobe had other ideas). I thought Laker fans didn't hang their hat on such mundane accomplishments as advancing a round further?

If the move doesn't significantly improve your chances to win the championship, it's a lateral move.

Venti Quattro
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm so glad we got to keep Matt "I choke bitches" Barnes...
We still have that faggot?

fuck you mitch. no, really

DMC
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
So have they been lateral moves or are they a lock to go further?

Happy birthday bro.

The Gemini Method
08-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Wait, did we keep Jordan Hill?

Venti Quattro
08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Wait, did we keep Jordan Hill?

Yessir I think we did. We still have a decent back-up

cobbler
08-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Lateral moves. Remember your proclamation: Championship or bust. And Howard won't deliver that.

So what if you go a round further (you probably should've been there last year, but Kobe had other ideas). I thought Laker fans didn't hang their hat on such mundane accomplishments as advancing a round further?

If the move doesn't significantly improve your chances to win the championship, it's a lateral move.

We only care about chanpionships. Very true. My comments here are simply to point out your obsession and complete insecurity when it come to the Lakers. Mission accomplished.

Take care!

midnightpulp
Sounds like a lot af backpeddling and excuses to me. Kobe is going to be older and worse this year. Shall we bring up your hundreds of Kobe is shit posts over the offseasn? :lol

Im outta here. I just know you would post this thread and wanted another laugh at your expense.

Good luck next season with your Spurs!

17 on the way! :lobt2:

Link?

I expect the same from him this season as last.

symple19
Look, fuckers.. I'm not saying that this is a bad move by the lake-show...on the contrary, it's an excellent move...as well as being the logical one. But it doesn't = a title. Kobe will have to be the catalyst to light a fire under Dwight, I just don't see anyone else on that roster holding any sway with superman.

If dude (dwight) locks it down and commits to the team, they have a great shot....otherwise, you're going to have a TMZ team that can't get it together beyond the conference finals and ends up bickering and blaming everyone else for what went wrong.

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
We only care about chanpionships. Very true. My comments here are simply to point out your obsession and complete insecurity when it come to the Lakers. Mission accomplished.

Take care!

Thanks for admitting you lost the argument and were just trolling.

cobbler
08-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Happy birthday bro.

Thank you!

We got Gretzky back in 88 on this day too. It's the cobbler karma!

Venti Quattro
08-09-2012, 11:59 PM
No shit cobbler? Happy birthday old man

midnightpulp
08-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Look, fuckers.. I'm not saying that this is a bad move by the lake-show...on the contrary, it's an excellent move...as well as being the logical one. But it doesn't = a title. Kobe will have to be the catalyst to light a fire under Dwight, I just don't see anyone else on that roster holding any sway with superman.

If dude (dwight) locks it down and commits to the team, they have a great shot....otherwise, you're going to have a TMZ team that can't get it together beyond the conference finals and ends up bickering and blaming everyone else for what went wrong.

And another hilarious thing is how Lakers fans are suddenly underrating Bynum to a retarded degree now that he's no longer a Laker, and now also think that Dwight Howard is the second coming of Shaq.

I'm not so much as Laker hating as shitting on Howard's over-inflated value. I hated his overall game for years now. And any reasonable Lakers fan I've discussed this issue with knows I've always preferred Bynum's game over Howard's. Funny how I was their best friend then, but now I'm just a "jealous hater."

midnightpulp
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you!

We got Gretzky back in 88 on this day too. It's the cobbler karma!

And Gretzky never won you any titles:lmao

Karma, indeed.

ElNono
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
happy bday cobbler

cobbler
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks for admitting you lost the argument and were just trolling.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's just another great day to be a Laker fan and watch you backpedal.

I know it hurts Midget. You more than any other, It's ok my friend. It's only a game. Your internet persona and accomplishments wont be affected. :lol

Goodnight

DPG21920
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Cobbler - how well do you think the Lakers do this year with their moves?

midnightpulp
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's just another great day to be a Laker fan and watch you backpedal.

I know it hurts Midget. You more than any other, It's ok my friend. It's only a game. Your internet persona and accomplishments wont be affected. :lol

Goodnight

But I never backpedaled.

DPG21920
08-10-2012, 12:03 AM

Raging across differnt forums :lol Just relax guy, it's not as serious as fantasy football.

symple19
08-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Raging across differnt forums :lol Just relax guy, it's not as serious as fantasy football.

lmao... and you are???

DJ Mbenga
08-10-2012, 12:10 AM
where the nigga harlem?

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2012, 12:11 AM
But I never backpedaled.

I'm done fapping for 2nite I'm going to bed now...my dick is going down now...from 11.375 inches to 10,9,8, 7 is where it will rest comfortably in it's flaccid state :lol

cobbler
08-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Cobbler - how well do you think the Lakers do this year with their moves?

You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad record over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I think they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron. I understand his motivation though. I find a lot of humor in it.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanful of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one more backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant role. They have guys now that wont wilt under pressure and look to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It is not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking. Howard can run the floor a whole lot better than Drew too.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will get more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We shall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

I really like our chances.

Samuel Eto'o
08-10-2012, 12:23 AM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad recod over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I thin they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanfull of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one mor backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant. They have guys now that wont will uder pressure and llok to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will bet more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We hall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

Latarian Milton
08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
DH is a real boost in the short term, at least to the sale of jerseys he is. DH ain't much of a improvement over bynum on the basketball court imho, lakers just signed these guys to sell more tickets/jerseys rather than win another championship.

Ace
08-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Cobbler is fucking weird, not even trolling tbh

Ace
08-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Dwight paired with Nash is better than Bynum paired with Nash. Still the Lakers are not better than Miami. Sorry

racm
08-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Dwight paired with Nash is better than Bynum paired with Nash. Still the Lakers are not better than Miami. Sorry

How does Dwight fare vs stretch bigs...?

ohmwrecker
08-10-2012, 09:18 AM
It's a sucker bet. It's a notch above betting against the Lakers making the playoffs. Show some balls, for chrissakes.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Even if they were better than Miami, Mike Brown is still the "coach".

Bill_Brasky
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Fuck the Lakers and fuck the NBA. The lack of parity in this league has reached levels never even imagined in other sports. Why do the same teams get all the good players?

ohmwrecker
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM
$$$

DMC
08-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Fuck the Lakers and fuck the NBA. The lack of parity in this league has reached levels never even imagined in other sports. Why do the same teams get all the good players?

I don't know about that. Chess has lacked parity for quite some time.

Leetonidas
08-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm not convinced Howard is a huge upgrade over Bynum either. Remember Dwight is like 3 inches shorter as well and doesn't have anywhere near the post game Bynum has. Bynum has always given the Spurs fits and now the one player that seems to give us the most trouble is gone, replaced by Nash who the Spurs have routinely owned for a decade and Howard who Tim has never really had problems with.

If Spurs can pull this faggot out of the paint and make him guard fatass Diaw or something this will free the lane up, Plus he's a shitty free throw shooter anyway, Spurs will hack him and he will choke under the bright lights of Staples in his little pea brain.

Remember, it's not like they traded Jordan Hill and Luke Walton for Dwight, they swapped the best offensive center in the league for the best defensive center in the league

DPG21920
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Well Cobbler, if you believe they can win it every year, are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? Would you be willing to bet that the Lakers win the finals?

cobbler
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM

Because we have great ownership willing to spend to win, excellent management willing to be patient and make the shrewd deal, a winning tradition, and a desirable living environment not located in some Texas shithole. Duh.

cobbler
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Well Cobbler, if you believe they can win it every year, are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? Would you be willing to bet that the Lakers win the finals?

I'll be making my bets with people I know or in Vegas as I always do. I won't ever bet on here again what with the double standard and all. I only tossed it out to Midget to prove a point that his "lateral moves" comments are pure bullshit. I knew he wouldn't take it.

And I most certainly would never bet with a whiney little bitch like you regardless of where.

Good luck in the 2013 season!

Ace
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
How does Dwight fare vs stretch bigs...?

Dwight outside the paint is always a good thing. Dwight is pretty mobile tbh, but I've never really seen him chasing bigs around perimeter.

Ace
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Even if they were better than Miami, Mike Brown is still the "coach".

And Spo just won a championship :lol

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
:lol Cobbler the earlybird bandwagoner

MattBonnerExperience
08-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Fun fact: this trade makes the lakers even older.

TIMMYtoZO
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
:lol Laker fans and their false hope. This actually makes next season fun for Miami now. A big move finally happens and the haters will be out in full force. LA and OKC get to play for the right to congratulate Miami on their repeat as champs.

Bynumite
08-10-2012, 12:11 PM
:lol Laker fans and their false hope. This actually makes next season fun for Miami now. A big move finally happens and the haters will be out in full force. LA and OKC get to play for the right to congratulate Miami on their repeat as champs.

Post-Nash, pre-Howard take:

The Lakers didn't really improve. They got older and slower. They have spent over a month trying to get Howard, and nothing has or will happen.

Awww shit :lmao

namlook
08-10-2012, 12:11 PM
It's definately an upgrade. Dwight plays hard every night and won't be doing stupid shit like jacking up threes or making idiotic comments to give teams bulletin board material. Bottom line is Bynum plays hard when he wants to. You need players going at 100% effort in the playoffs and Bynum is not that guy. Howard has a motor that never seems to stop. That will make a difference.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Fun fact: this trade makes the lakers even older.

Miami is the 2nd oldest team in the league....and they just beat OKC....LA should have no issues :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Kobe says Superman Has Found A Home

Kobe Bryant released the following statement on his Facebook page in response to the Lakers' trade of Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard.

"Well, it looks like Superman has found a home," wrote Bryant. "I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious.."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222930/Kobe_Superman_Has_Found_A_Home#ixzz23AGlOy00

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad record over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I think they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron. I understand his motivation though. I find a lot of humor in it.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanful of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one more backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant role. They have guys now that wont wilt under pressure and look to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It is not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking. Howard can run the floor a whole lot better than Drew too.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will get more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We shall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

You don't say!

ElNono
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
You could argue last season's Sessions/Bynum >>>> this season's Howard/Nash... in that case not really a lateral move, tbh

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 10:42 PM
You could argue last season's Sessions/Bynum >>>> this season's Howard/Nash... in that case not really a lateral move, tbh

:lol A downgrade.

Anyhow, Laker fans are somewhat "vindicated" since Bynum probably won't play a game this season, so in that regard, even acquiring a player like Festus Ezuli would be an "upgrade." But at the time, it was a definitely a lateral move/downgrade.

SpursIndonesia
01-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Where were those swags the purpleanpiss fans been having & showing throughout last summer & fall ? :lol

Cry Havoc
01-06-2013, 02:33 AM
Where were those swags the purpleanpiss fans been having & showing throughout last summer & fall ? :lol

The Lakers have more bandwaggoners/frontrunners than any team in professional sports. :lol

rmt
01-06-2013, 05:15 AM
It's definately an upgrade. Dwight plays hard every night and won't be doing stupid shit like jacking up threes or making idiotic comments to give teams bulletin board material. Bottom line is Bynum plays hard when he wants to. You need players going at 100% effort in the playoffs and Bynum is not that guy. Howard has a motor that never seems to stop. That will make a difference.

LOL

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 09:25 AM
This will be true if Pau utilizes his true strength on offense which is the 10 - 17' jumper and crash the boards. I think he going to crumble even further into the abyss of self doubt though with all the trade talk, and now he's 4th wheel behind Nash, Howard and Kobe. He's got ample excuse to slack off.

Great call at least you know ball ...props

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 09:31 AM

No post game. No passing game. Can't shoot freethrows. Just coming off back surgery. And it's not like he'll improve the Lakers interior defense exponentially from what it was this past season. The slight gain the Lakers receive in rebounding and interior defense isn't worth the loss of Bynum's skills in the post.

Lol dipshit Lakers fans actually think the most overrated player of the past decade is going to bring them another title.

Truth bombs

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Truth bombs

To be fair, I guess it was worth the loss of Bynum's skills in the post since Drew's been sitting on the bench all year and playing with his hair.

Considering that, Dwight was actually a steal :lol

But yeah, my original point that he's massively overrated remains.

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
To be fair, I guess it was worth the loss of Bynum's skills in the post since Drew's been sitting on the bench all year and playing with his hair.

Considering that, Dwight was actually a steal :lol

But yeah, my original point that he's massively overrated remains.

Believe me I had concerns but figured the upgrade on defense and health was worth it. I think this core is shot both MWP and Pau haven't been the same since game 7 2010 vs Celts. Shit, neither have KG or Pierce that series took a toll. Hell it took Kobe two years and two trips to a German witch doctor to get close to that form. Pau still has skill but his will is broken he needs a trade for his own sake ...
Lakers need a stretch 4 and a perimeter defender to cover Nash guy ...

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Believe me I had concerns but figured the upgrade on defense and health was worth it. I think this core is shot both MWP and Pau haven't been the same since game 7 2010 vs Celts. Shit, neither have KG or Pierce that series took a toll. Hell it took Kobe two years and two trips to a German witch doctor to get close to that form. Pau still has skill but his will is broken he needs a trade for his own sake ...
Lakers need a stretch 4 and a perimeter defender to cover Nash guy ...

Yeah, Lakers need a young buck like Leonard at the 3, and a 25 year old version of Antwan Jamison at the 4.

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah, Lakers need a young buck like Leonard at the 3, and a 25 year old version of Antwan Jamison at the 4.

As good as Mitch has been he made some mistakes and not acquiring or developing a young wing defender while acquiring Nash was a fatal flaw ...same with Dwight and no stretch pf

TrainOfThought5
01-06-2013, 10:11 AM

OP is a Shaq-like prophet, TBH

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Good stuff but honestly the Lakers are better with Howard. Bynum has played zero games. Can you guys imagine a frontline of Gasol and Jamison? :lol Their only relief is Jordan Hill and Sacre. Jeez.

Still a solid move IMO. I can already see Dwight's impact defensively. On 3 straight possessions, Blake was unable to score on Dwight. He was also pretty good protecting the paint altering CP3 and Bledsoe's shots when they were driving down the lane.

Clipper Nation
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Whatever slight impact Dwight brings defensively is cancelled out by his lack of post moves or fundamentals on offense, tbh... it's like he doesn't realize he's getting the ball stripped from him a million times a game.... unlike Blake and DeAndre, who actually work on their game and want to get better, Dwight seems content to be a monkeyballer with limited skill, tbh....

Also, the Lakers were a FAR tougher matchup for us when they had Bynum.... he would shit on DJ relentlessly because he was actually skilled on the offensive end....

Mel_13
01-08-2013, 10:29 PM
In 34 games last year the Suns were 14-20. In 34 games this year the Lakers are just 15-19. Nash probably didn't envision a lateral move.

https://twitter.com/DavidjBrickley

Mugen
01-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Even Mel getting in on the dog pile tbh.

midnightpulp
04-28-2013, 11:45 PM
:smoking

Cry Havoc
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM

:wow

MNP doing it again.

racm
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM
At least Mike Brown never lost in the 1st round. And Bynum won more playoff games last season than Howard this season.

Hell, they have the same number of playoff wins this season.

midnightpulp
04-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Only reason Mitch's dumbass came out smelling like a rose is because Bynum would rather play with his hair and go bowling than rehab.

But a healthy Bynum is 10x the overall player Howard is.

jimbo
04-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Only reason Mitch's dumbass came out smelling like a rose is because Bynum would rather play with his hair and go bowling than rehab.

But a healthy Bynum is 10x the overall player Howard is.

:rolleyes

Only at throwing manlets

irishock
04-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Should've taken the $1000.00 bet

StrengthAndHonor
04-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Mid with the goodies.

Clipper Nation
07-20-2013, 11:31 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Rogue
07-21-2013, 12:41 AM
good efforts of digging out all these dead threads from the graves, hope you can also dig out some Scarlett threads by the way

Kool Bob Love
07-21-2013, 04:22 AM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Michael Jordan.
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM

Bynumite
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
^

Grizzlies are in the Clippers rear view mirror :lmao

Clippers match up well with OKC and the Heat and could definitely win it all this season :lmao

lefty
07-22-2013, 12:56 PM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/469/811/710.gif

baseline bum
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM

Mid going Quasimodo on this thread

midnightpulp
05-12-2016, 10:30 PM