PDA

View Full Version : The Killing - tv show

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
starting watching this series yesterday. So far it's excellent.
Anyone interested in watching a good crime drama, I'd recommend. Or maybe I'm late to the game and everyone has already seen it.

Shit...was Googling to find a decent pic and summary and just saw that it's been cancelled.

Fuck.

alamo50
08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Lol

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I loved it when I was about 4 episodes in. Then it just got progressively more ridiculous with a new red herring every week, and the season finale killed it for me. I didn't stay for the second season.

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I loved it when I was about 4 episodes in. Then it just got progressively more ridiculous with a new red herring every week, and the season finale killed it for me. I didn't stay for the second season.

damn...Ok...

I'm looking for some great series that was under the radar to start watching.

AussieFanKurt
08-10-2012, 06:12 PM
The European version?

leemajors
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
pretty entertaining, tho I can see what Spurminator says. However, watching it on Netflix sorta negates that a bit. A ten episode season would be fantastic. Aussie, I have not seen the original yet.

leemajors
11-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Final six show season on Netflix:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/killing-revived-again-at-netflix-656561

leemajors
08-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Season 4 was pretty good, finale by Demme.

Jacob1983
08-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Yep. Netflix sent the show out with class. My only gripe was the Kyle character. He was so fucking annoying and a pussy. I was shocked to see The Rocketeer make an appearance in the last episode.

monosylab1k
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I liked the ending. Per usual the case is solved in the most ridiculous, eye-rolling way possible, but at this point that's part of The Killing's charm. Also, not being on AMC got to the writers' heads. Having the fucking freedom to fucking say whatever the fuck they wanted without any fucking censors made them fucking go fucking wild with the fucking swearing. Not that I care but they were like 8 year olds who learned cuss words for the first time. IMO it actually threw off the rhythm of the dialogue and got to the point where it was distracting and awkward.

leemajors
08-08-2014, 10:49 AM
I liked the ending. Per usual the case is solved in the most ridiculous, eye-rolling way possible, but at this point that's part of The Killing's charm. Also, not being on AMC got to the writers' heads. Having the fucking freedom to fucking say whatever the fuck they wanted without any fucking censors made them fucking go fucking wild with the fucking swearing. Not that I care but they were like 8 year olds who learned cuss words for the first time. IMO it actually threw off the rhythm of the dialogue and got to the point where it was distracting and awkward.

I agree, one of my friends brought that up, it was distracting. I'm still impressed with Kinnaman's ability to pull off a grown up street kid without sounding remotely swedish.

Jacob1983
08-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Is Holder going to be remembered as one of the best wiggers in TV history? Is he a GOAT?