PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood is pissing me off again

JudynTX
08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
:pctoss:cuss

Sony Pictures Animation to Make 'ALF' Movie
Is ALF coming to the big screen?

Just when you thought Hollywood had really run out of ideas, comes news that the 80s TV series ALF will soon be a movie.

I so wish I was kidding.

Few details are known about the scope of the ALF movie, but The Hollywood Reporter notes that Sony Pictures Animation has closed a deal to acquire the rights of the 80s sitcom.

Look for ALF to get a combo CG and live action feature treatment (you know, what they did with The Smurfs movie).

Jordan Kerner, who produced The Smurfs, is on board the ALF movie project, with show creator Tom Patchett and puppeteer Paul Fusco also involved.

If you've long scratched the show's premise from your memory banks, here's a refresher: ALF was about an extraterrestrial named Gordon Shumway from the planet Melmac who crash-landed in a family's garage. The Tanner family took him in and hid ALF from neighbors and the Alien Task Force while he repaired his spaceship. The nickname ALF stood for Alien Life Form.

Of course, this all provides the perfect opportunity to share that YouTube video of ALF outtakes, which included swearing and racial slurs.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/ALF-Movie-Based-on-the-80s-Sitcom-In-the-Works--Hollywood-Is-Officially-OUT-of-Ideas/140041.html

You can bet none of that will make it to the movie version.
----------------

It doesn't end there........

'National Lampoon's Vacation' Sequel Planned
The classic Vacation movie is back, but this time with a new spin.

Ed Helms is set to take on the role of a grown-up Rusty Griswold -- the Griswold family tradition continues ...

One of the best movies about family vacations ever is .. well ... Vacation.

But over the course of the franchise, the Vacation formula got a little worn out and watered down.

This looks promising though.

Helms, who never fails to delight on The Office and was hilarious in The Hangover, can certainly get the job done if the writing is good.

The plot would follow the now adult Rusty taking his own family on a vacation experience, Griswold style.

No doubt he's learned a thing or two about vacationing from his pop, played in the franchise by Chevy Chase.

Will we see a role (at least a cameo) from Chase? Bless the comedy gods that Community has made Chase funny again -- I wouldn't mind seeing him as Grandpa Clark in the newest Vacation.

Helms is currently in negotiations to play the role, so it's not a done deal just yet, but it sounds likely.

The Hollywood Reporter describes the project as "both a sequel and a reboot of the Chevy Chase franchise that began with the 1983 Harold Ramis-directed comedy National Lampoon's Vacation."

Of course, the original Vacation was writen by John Hughes and Rusty was played by Anthony Michael Hall, so it'll be interesting to see how the new version compares.

Ooh, a Hall cameo would be pretty sweet too, come to think of it.

Following Vacation, the franchise saw European Vacation in 1985, Christmas Vacation (1989) and Vegas Vacation (1997).

I'd say it's about time for the Griswolds to hit the road again.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Ed-Helms-to-Star-in-New-Vacation-Movie-as-Clark-Griswolds-Son-Rusty/139817.html

baseline bum
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Fuck Hollywood until I get my Charles in Charge movie. I just want the scene where Baio walks in and sees Willie Aames snorting a line off Nicole Eggert's ass.

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
:pctoss:cuss

Sony Pictures Animation to Make 'ALF' Movie

Eh, it's for the kids...

My childhood memories of Garfield and The Chipmunks and The Smurfs haven't been affected by recent movie adaptations. I've just avoided them.

Anyway Alf was a terrible show anyway so it's not like this is heresy.

clambake
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
alf is great! take the whole family!

later......stop off at chick fil a!

Homeland Security
08-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm still waiting for Pong: The Movie.

lefty
08-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank God for Chris Nolan

(But Inception is still a POS)

CubanSucks
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
another Vacation movie is past due tbh. It sounds like a great idea ONLY if Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Whatever at least have small parts in it. Without them it won't be a true Vacation movie.

lol Alf. Who gives a shit

SA210
08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I have no problem with Helms being in a Vacation movie, and I agree, it's gotta have the original main cast at least in part of the film. Basically Chase and Bev D can take the role of their own parents from previous films. That would be fantastic if the producers are smart enough to do that :tu

Alf, I liked the show as a kid. How Hollywood handles it now, I have no faith.

Reck
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes another movie I will never see.

BacktoBasics
08-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Have no problem with Vacation. Those were always cheesy low brow comedies. Anyone who saw those movies got exactly what they were expecting. They were exactly revolutionary.

Wasn't ALF already an animated series back in the day?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
ALF could be a great movie, it could be a flop. All depends on how they do it.

baseline bum
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
They should do National Lampoons Vacation to Juarez. Chevy Chase gets abducted by the Zetas and Aubrey and Beverley D'Angelo are getting turned out on the street. Then Russ gets a job as a drug mule.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2012, 09:42 PM
vBookie on which song ALF will rap and break dance to.

howbouthemspurs
08-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Inception was an awesome movie! I love Leo and that kid, what's his name? Oh yeah Ellen Page!

Drachen
08-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I think my wife told me something like 11 of the top 12 movies from last year were remakes or sequels.

leemajors
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I have no problem with Helms being in a Vacation movie, and I agree, it's gotta have the original main cast at least in part of the film. Basically Chase and Bev D can take the role of their own parents from previous films. That would be fantastic if the producers are smart enough to do that :tu

Alf, I liked the show as a kid. How Hollywood handles it now, I have no faith.

I cringe every time I see Bev D these days, tho she is a lesser beast than Kathleen Turner.

Jacob1983
08-11-2012, 11:08 PM
ALF shouldn't be CGI. They should use a damn puppet. People need to man up and realize that there are some things you don't fuck with or change.

DeadlyDynasty
08-11-2012, 11:31 PM
I cringe every time I see Bev D these days, tho she is a lesser beast than Kathleen Turner.

Crofl...Kathleen Turner is downright frightening.

Wild Cobra
08-12-2012, 12:03 AM
ALF shouldn't be CGI. They should use a damn puppet. People need to man up and realize that there are some things you don't fuck with or change.
But with CGI, they can have him eating the neighborhood cats!

Jacob1983
08-12-2012, 12:27 AM
ALF was hilarious in my opinion and it's a shame that Hub only shows it like once a week. I always thought it was weird how no one ever got mad that ALF ran around the house naked.