PDA

View Full Version : When your fanbase is basically a cult

djohn2oo8
08-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by redlawn http://www.clutchfans.net/bbs/images_cfans/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7113659#post7113659)
You keep calling for Morey's head or for him to be fired. IMO he got a steal in Lin, who is on par with other franchise PG like Irving, Wall, and Curry. Each of those PGs are gonna cost $11M+ when they get off their rookie contracts. Lin was a STEAL at the price Morey got him for.

Don't worry clutchfans. Don't Worry. Seriously. Did yall see the Summer League? I don't know about everyone else, but our rookies were some of the best from summer league and tack on Lin/Asik deals. We still have a very young, but solid team. Maybe even playoffs. These guys will be motivated this year to prove people wrong and this year will provide a great learning experience. Then F/A 2013 will push this team towards contenders status.

A team can't just become great overnight. Its a process.

I hope Hennigan watches the Rockets this year.
I hope his eyes are glued to his 60' flatscreen HD-3D TV when Lamb crossovers Kobe Bryant, and nails a three right in his eye. I want him to stare as he sees Motiejunas does a damn Lithuanian Limbo (INB4 Worrell uses this) on Howard, completely losing him and throws it in with a nice hook shot. I want him to have mouth agape when Royce White steals the ball from Artest, runs down the court and slams it in to the roars of the Toyota Center. I want him to finally see what's he has done when Terrence Jones raises up and blocks Gasol at the apex of his shot, slamming that ball into the 5th row. To look at the NBA standings and see Toronto is out of the playoffs, sweat upon his brow.
And then, only then, will he have the permission to realize how bad he ****ed up.
Time to let the rooks, Lin, and Asik shine. The Dwightmare is finally over.

Looking past Dwight......I am more excited about the Rockets 2012-2013 season than any other in recent memory. Our young guns will get opportunties, and they all have relatively high ceilings. We've got a lotto pick from Toronto, and Martin is going to be a great asset at the trade deadline.
We moved closer to a championship this summer.

Anybody ever heard of this guy named Al Jefferson? He was the second best center in the league last year and he's in a contract year. He outplayed both Howard and Bynum in heads up competitions and did I mention he's in a contract year?

Originally Posted by sugrlndkid http://www.clutchfans.net/bbs/images_cfans/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7111937#post7111937)
I dont know if this may work..and I may get crucified for this...but how about going after Amare with Martin's expiring(NY may not wanna deal with us)...

Then use some of the draft picks expirings...to go after Josh smith??

C - Omer
PF - Amare
SG - Lamb
PG - Lin
SF Josh Smith

Morey has drafted fine considering where we were drafting. It's not his fault that all of his mid-20 year olds were good enough to make the Rockets a plus .500 team, but no playoffs. We saw a glimpse of what Morey could do with healthy stars in the 2008-2009 season.

of retards....Is it ever justifiable to switch?

pass1st
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
A 100 page thread on Lin coming to Rockets is all the evidence needed to judge the quality of that website

LnGrrrR
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
That's... pretty amazing. I'd say that while you can't switch, you can at least pretend you're a fan of another team in public to save yourself embarassment.

djohn2oo8
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM
That's... pretty amazing. I'd say that while you can't switch, you can at least pretend you're a fan of another team in public to save yourself embarassment.
:lol

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
ClutchFans should change their name to Rocketsground, tbh....

Pelicans78
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Rockets were better off staying the course instead of trading for Howard. They have cap space, young prospects, expiring contract, and draft picks. They're in perfect tank mode. No reason to screw it up just to get Howard who wouldn't help them win a championship.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
the Chinese government should take over Clutchfans already

djohn2oo8
08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
the Chinese government should take over Clutchfans already
They have. No bad talking Lin or Yao or you're banned for life :lol

The Franchise
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Rockets were better off staying the course instead of trading for Howard. They have cap space, young prospects, expiring contract, and draft picks. They're in perfect tank mode. No reason to screw it up just to get Howard who wouldn't help them win a championship.

Latarian Milton
08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
they're either trolling there on purpose, or being complete retards tbh

racm
08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Rox gonna get raped by every other Southwest team tbh

pass1st
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Rox gonna get raped by every other Southwest team tbh

They got their Yao Ming replacement, that's all they wanted all along :lol

racm
08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
I dunno, Yao was very good when he wasn't injured.

AussieFanKurt
08-10-2012, 07:37 PM

But could have been so much better. Did he ever even lead the league in rebounding and blocks? He was soft

pass1st
08-10-2012, 07:39 PM

I meant they got another Asian to market the shit out of.

Latarian Milton
08-10-2012, 07:45 PM
They have. No bad talking Lin or Yao or you're banned for life :lol

and dude was born in california to a taiwainese immigrants family which had nothing to do with china tbh. if we got a picklebreath superstar in the NBA someday, the chinks will try to claim him as their countryman as well i guess

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Did you hear Dwight's presser...:lol that nigga crazy...come in with the subtle jabs at Tim Duncan...Check it out..I'm gonna like this guy :lmao

Howard. - I want to thank the Orlando Magic fans for their support during the past eight years. "I would also like to thank the city of Orlando," he said.

I remember good times in Orlando, including, "the Superman (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/PEFCC000007.topic) dunk, and the dunk over Tim Duncan (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/PESPT001961.topic), going to the Finals and just seeing on the city on fire."

lefty
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
:lol

:lmao

lefty
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM

:lmao