PDA

View Full Version : New Nanobrewery Coming to San Antonio - Busted Sandal Brewing Company

Notorious H.O.P.
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
After months of talking about it, looking at real estate, talking to zoning and permitting people, contractors, and the TABC, a friend of mine took a serious push toward opening a new brewery in San Antonio by officially signing a lease in NW San Antonio.

I've been off the grid helping him get this closer to reality and this is the first big milestone to making this happen. Next comes permitting and licensing applications, and finalizing the building internals.

Current timelines have Busted Sandal Brewing company beginning production brewing in the first quarter of 2013. We have set up the version 1 of the website (www.bustedsandalbrewing.com) and plan on pushing up more content soon. We are also looking at a couple of different graphic artists to build us a better logo and help with our label designs.

If anyone is interested in following us on Twitter for updates, our handle is @BustedSandal. We don't have a Facebook page up yet but that will come soon.

Thanks,
Rob AKA Notorious H.O.P. :toast

Das Texan
08-10-2012, 08:39 PM
hey I know one of those guys behind this place.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-10-2012, 10:41 PM
scott is gonbe pissed

(just kidding he'll probably be happy)

We all know that Scott is very supportive of the industry and the people in it. The difference here is that Freetail is a brewpub and Busted Sandal will be a brewery. Because of some Texas laws that need to be changed, we would not be competitors. Freetail can only sell onsite but can't distribute outside of the brewpub. As a brewery, Busted Sandal can't sell onsite but can distribute to retail outlets.

That said, we will be very supportive of his efforts to get these laws changed.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
hey I know one of those guys behind this place.

Sweet! Which of the guys do you know?

Das Texan
08-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Sweet! Which of the guys do you know?

J. Alvarado.

Great guy that I dont talk to nearly enough.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Just made a Facebook page, I'll sell it to ya for 20k.

Wow. You actually did. I thought you were joking.

leemajors
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Good luck!

baseline bum
08-11-2012, 11:05 AM
edit: texas laws are historically retarded

fify

Drachen
08-11-2012, 11:52 AM
After months of talking about it, looking at real estate, talking to zoning and permitting people, contractors, and the TABC, a friend of mine took a serious push toward opening a new brewery in San Antonio by officially signing a lease in NW San Antonio.

I've been off the grid helping him get this closer to reality and this is the first big milestone to making this happen. Next comes permitting and licensing applications, and finalizing the building internals.

Current timelines have Busted Sandal Brewing company beginning production brewing in the first quarter of 2013. We have set up the version 1 of the website (www.bustedsandalbrewing.com) and plan on pushing up more content soon. We are also looking at a couple of different graphic artists to build us a better logo and help with our label designs.

If anyone is interested in following us on Twitter for updates, our handle is @BustedSandal. We don't have a Facebook page up yet but that will come soon.

Thanks,
Rob AKA Notorious H.O.P. :toast

For some reason while I read this (specifically the name of the company), I kept envisioning a beachy lager type of beer and logo being a busted flip flop. I already had a nickname for them (Hey, I am going to the store, gonna pick up some blowouts). Then I went to the website and all of my assumptions were wrong.

Sense
08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
That's awesome! Let us know more whenever you can, I'll let friends know about it.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
For some reason while I read this (specifically the name of the company), I kept envisioning a beachy lager type of beer and logo being a busted flip flop. I already had a nickname for them (Hey, I am going to the store, gonna pick up some blowouts). Then I went to the website and all of my assumptions were wrong.

The logo is more of an initial concept than a finished product. We are looking for an artist to work on it for us. We do intend to use a flip flop.

The starting lineup will be ales but there will be a couple of lighter offerings well suited for days on the beach or tubing down the Guadalupe.

Drachen
08-11-2012, 12:55 PM
The logo is more of an initial concept than a finished product. We are looking for an artist to work on it for us. We do intend to use a flip flop.

The starting lineup will be ales but there will be a couple of lighter offerings well suited for days on the beach or tubing down the Guadalupe.

GREAT, The nickname stands!

baseline bum
08-11-2012, 01:41 PM

But I like to bring Palo Santo Marron when tubing down the Comal.

Das Texan
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Interesting. I may know an artist too, though I'd have to gauge their level of interest first.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-13-2012, 03:40 PM
But I like to bring Palo Santo Marron when tubing down the Comal.

You must be a true madman. To me, Strong Ale + Strong Sun = Strong Hangover.

Tubing with an ice chest of PSM may always be your preferred method of navigating the Comal. We're just hoping to provide you with a viable alternative.

The Reckoning
08-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Just made a Facebook page, I'll sell it to ya for 20k.

Wow. You actually did. I thought you were joking.

:lmao

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
You must be a true madman. To me, Strong Ale + Strong Sun = Strong Hangover.

Tubing with an ice chest of PSM may always be your preferred method of navigating the Comal. We're just hoping to provide you with a viable alternative.

Haha, an ice chest of PSM would be crazy expensive and get the whole carload too shitfaced to walk back to the vehicle, much less start it and drive home. I'll definitely be on the lookout to try some of your friend's ales though next year. :toast

Notorious H.O.P.
08-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Facebook page is up. http://www.facebook.com/BustedSandalBrewing

In addition to our @BustedSandal Twitter account, we will also post updates to the Facebook page. So Follow/Like us for more info.

Thanks.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Interesting. I may know an artist too, though I'd have to gauge their level of interest first.

Are you Rayble? Something familiar about your first name.

Slydragon
08-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Well I'm at the one year party now. Good for them.