PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are great because their FO is world class

DazedAndConfused
08-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I hear this argument all the time that the only reason LAL is consistently great is destination. If that were actually true then how does one explain the epic level of suckage that is the New York Knicks? They have easily had as large a payroll, if not larger some seasons, yet have barely been good enough to even make the playoffs more than a few times this last decade in a shitty EC conference.

It takes a whole hell of a lot more than money and destination to be as consistently great as LAL is. It takes a world class FO and organization from top to bottom.

Stop hating. Recognize greatness.

Faggots.

lefty
08-10-2012, 11:10 PM
NY doesnt have the weather and the nice beaches

Well they have beaches but they suck

Plus L.A has Hollywood, whores, etc etc

baseline bum
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I hear this argument all the time that the only reason LAL is consistently great is destination. If that were actually true then how does one explain the epic level of suckage that is the New York Knicks?

Easy. New York City blows, LA is awesome.

fHAg3Ypu1Lg

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
LA is awesome.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:18 PM
People ignore that because it refutes their theory that LAL is only good because they are rich and in LA.

Knicks have been the richest franchise for a while and NYC is an excellent location for getting endorsments, fame and everything a player would want. Yet, they are one of the biggest jokes in the league.

Lakers have a FO that is the best in the league, bar none. Knicks are living proof that unlimited resources doesn't magically make moves happen.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:23 PM
If NYK had a good FO, players would be lining up to play there. YES, even though NY is Yankees Town

nowhereman523
08-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Just a bunch of laker fans jerking each other off again?

:sleep

Kidd K
08-10-2012, 11:37 PM
The combination of limitless reserves of cash (for NBA standards), and the prime location of Los Angeles are what make the Lakers' front office "great".

Otherwise, it's like saying the Yankees have a world class front office, yet making no mention of the fact that their team salary is 2 1/2 times the league average.

Lakers' current team salary is nearly 100 million. Almost double the salary cap.

As for the Knicks, their front office is trash. Just because they're a joke and don't know how to assess talent well enough to properly make use of their money doesn't make LA top notch by default simply for "not being epic failures".

Two kids take a test, one fails and gets a 40, and the other gets a 70. . .the kid with a 70 isn't a genius because he looks a lot better by comparison.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Kidd K, bring the upstairs bads down here for us all once again.

Kidd K
08-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Kidd K, bring the upstairs bads down here for us all once again.

You're a fool if you pass over logical arguments with your personal bias. But I guess that's easy for you, being a terrible Lakers' homer who buries his head in the sand.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:46 PM
You're a fool if you pass over logical arguments with your personal bias. But I guess that's easy for you, being a terrible Lakers' homer who buries his head in the sand.

:lol You don't even know me

lefty
08-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah you can be famous in NY, but who wants to hang out with Woody Allen and all the boring old farts ?

Again Laker fans come up with shitty arguments :lol

cobbler
08-10-2012, 11:50 PM
NY doesnt have the weather and the nice beaches

Well they have beaches but they suck

Plus L.A has Hollywood, whores, etc etc

Easy. New York City blows, LA is awesome.

I can give you one word that totally refutes your comments and supports the OP.

Clippers

same city and even the same building and 0 for life

Clipper Nation
08-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I hear this argument all the time that the only reason LAL is consistently great is destination. If that were actually true then how does one explain the epic level of suckage that is the New York Knicks?
Isiah's dumb ass still hanging around the organization single-handedly cancels out any possible benefits of playing for the Knicks, tbh....

lefty
08-10-2012, 11:54 PM
I can give you one word that totally refutes your comments and supports the OP.

Clippers

same city and even the same building and 0 for life

the clippers,don't matter

So your argument is,weak too

Kidd K
08-10-2012, 11:54 PM
:lol You don't even know me

I don't need to. You told us everything that needed to be known about you when you tried to brush off my argument merely for being a fan of the Spurs.

You're burying your head in the sand and making excuses for doing it.

TIMMYtoZO
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
:lol It is adorable seeing Laker fans actually believing that their team is going to deny King Lebron and company of their dynasty.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't need to. You told us everything that needed to be known about you when you tried to brush off my argument merely for being a fan of the Spurs.

You're burying your head in the sand and making excuses for doing it.

It's not that you're a GNSF, it's that your argument mirrored the arguments GNSF bring to the table every time Mitch is praised.

DazedAndConfused
08-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Spur fan responses remind me of a hilarious Louie episode, where he tries to teach his daughter to say "sorry" in the supermarket.

Spur fans are the same way about actually admitting the Laker's FO is top notch.

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 12:03 AM
It's not that you're a GNSF, it's that your argument mirrored the arguments GNSF bring to the table every time Mitch is praised.

If you see the same arguments all the time, there's probably a good reason for it. You know, because it's probably has truth in it. Which in this case it does.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
they have all the leverage when they are the opposing player's preferred destination. Shaq, Kobe, and now Howard

pass1st
08-11-2012, 12:10 AM
If you see the same arguments all the time, there's probably a good reason for it. You know, because it's probably has truth in it. Which in this case it does.

I see the argument for Kobe being better than Duncan all the time usually along the lines of "Kobe: 5, Duncan: 4".

Now, I don't agree with this argument, but by your logic it is an airtight argument.

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
I see the argument for Kobe being better than Duncan all the time usually along the lines of "Kobe: 5, Duncan: 4".

Now, I don't agree with this argument, but by your logic it is an airtight argument.

Nope. You're making up fictional quotes to argue against since what I actually said is difficult for you to say anything about.

I said if you hear an argument often, there's probably truth to it. For example, in the 5 > 4 comment, you would have to compare rings when comparing each player. It's certainly a factor. It isn't an argument ender, but it needs to be included in the discussion.

There's a difference between something being a neccessary part of a discussion and being an "airtight argument", but it seems you can't differentiate between the two things. Oh well.

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
i dont think u can compared the 2 organizations, culture and personnel within is very important...NYK doesnt have a winning formula and players are afraid to go there where one bad game can ruin their career

knicks personnel dont give a shit if they continue to playoff failures each year as long money continues to come in and wankers in that city continue to pay money to go watch them...Dolan is probably in it for the business side of things then from a winning POV

Bynumite
08-11-2012, 01:41 AM
If spurfan really wanted to attract great nba talent to play for the spurs, they would be in the streets, cleaning the dirty shithole that is San Antonio, that would be a good start.

Secondly, San Antonian bitches should hit the treadmill because let's face it, young millionaires don't want to be surrounded by fat chicks with their gunts and moobs.

Instead of taking these simple/effective steps, spurfan prefers to spend all day in a web forum discrediting the greatness of the Lakers organization.

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 01:44 AM
If spurfan really wanted to attract great nba talent to play for the spurs, they would be in the streets, cleaning the dirty shithole that is San Antonio, that would be a good start.

Secondly, San Antonian bitches should hit the treadmill because let's face it, young millionaires don't want to be surrounded by fat chicks with their gunts and moobs.

Instead of taking these simple/effective steps, spurfan prefers to spend all day in a web forum discrediting the greatness of the Lakers organization.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 01:47 AM

we're just binding our time waiting for your state to fall into the ocean

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 01:50 AM
we're just binding our time waiting for your state to fall into the ocean

Mexico is going to claim San Antonio before that even happens

Bynumite
08-11-2012, 01:54 AM

It's the only way they could contend tbh... MBA title :lmao

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:57 AM

Los Angeles fan talking about mexicans... hmmm... let's just pretend this didn't happen :lol

DMC
08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Not so. You generally see the same argument because people who are unaware (ignorant) of the fact that it's been defeated long long ago continue resorting to it because it feels intuitive without further thought.

DMC
08-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Los Angeles fan talking about mexicans... hmmm... let's just pretend this didn't happen :lol
With a Spanish name tbh

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 02:05 AM

I'll go to nuclear school and Superman 1 lex luthor your ass

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Good luck with nuclear school in San Antonio.

Bynumite
With a Spanish name tbh

If you don't know what you're talking about, at least run that shit through google translator and avoid sounding like a dumbfuck... spanish :lmao

ElNono
It's "nucular" not nuclear... sheesh

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 02:09 AM
If you don't know what you're talking about, at least run that shit through google translator and avoid sounding like a dumbfuck... spanish :lmao

son he was talking about venti quattro. Who got his name for spanish not starbucks as you must believe

ElNono
08-11-2012, 02:10 AM
son he was talking about venti quattro. Who got his name for spanish not starbucks as you must believe

son, that was a calculated shitbomb...

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 02:13 AM
son, that was a calculated shitbomb...

why thank you ventis san antonio nuclear school was good as well

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 02:14 AM
venti quattro is Italian, tbh

ElNono I'm disappointed that you do not know this, given of how proud you Argentinians are of your Italian descent.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 02:22 AM
venti quattro is Italian, tbh

ElNono I'm disappointed that you do not know this, given of how proud you Argentinians are of your Italian descent.

I didn't say it was Spanish, lol

FWIW, I was actually an Italian citizen before naturalizing American.

LOL Italy

IronMaxipad
08-11-2012, 02:22 AM

:lol

Dat ain't Spanish

racm
08-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Venti quattro = Italian for Twenty four, you baka yarou

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 02:36 AM
man fuck you guys
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2302/1344670693263.gif
*takes ball and goes home*`

`

ElNono
08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
man fuck you guys
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2302/1344670693263.gif
*takes ball and goes home*`

`

:lol

J.T.
08-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Venti quattro = Italian for Twenty four, you baka yarou

Great work educating people on how to count in Italian and then following it up by calling them a dumbass in Japanese.

baseline bum
08-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Treadmill is out of the question son, since San Antonians get winded walking to the fridge tbh.

Latarian Milton
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
lakers never went really mediocre. they might have struggled a bit during in a few periods of times in their history but none of them lasted longer than 1yr or 2 and it seemed they could always bounce back in no time. their FO deserves credit for the team's perennial success tbh

Clipper Nation
04-28-2013, 08:04 PM

Speaking of epic suckage, how bout dem Lakers? :lol

:lmao "World class FO and organization" with Jimmy Buss in charge