PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon and Barbosa willing to go to LA for the vet's min

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Rumor from Max Kellerman at AM 710ESPN is that Kenyon Martin AND Leanadro Barbosa are BOTH now interested in signing for the veterans minimum with the Lakers!!!

Who should the Lakers get? I'm thinking Kenyon but can he still play

InRareForm
08-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Barbosa :lol

Grandpa Method man :lol

LkrFan
08-10-2012, 11:44 PM
If healthy, Barbosa. He has played with Nash before. Could be perfect off the pine.

pass1st
08-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Not sure, tbh. We got Jordan Hill, Barbosa seems like he would be more useful.

Neither would make much noise on the Lakers, but either one improves the sad excuse for a bench we got.

Also, they both would probably be motivated to play on Lakers.

ElNono
08-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I'd love Barbosa on the Lakers... especially if Nash can't play much with the bad back... Barbosa-Blake sounds great, IMO. Do it Mitch!

LkrFan
08-10-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd love Barbosa on the Lakers... especially if Nash can't play much with the bad back... Barbosa-Blake sounds great, IMO. Do it Mitch!

We also got Duhon. Hopefully he can beat out Blake for backup PG.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Not sure, tbh. We got Jordan Hill, Barbosa seems like he would be more useful.

Neither would make much noise on the Lakers, but either one improves the sad excuse for a bench we got.

Also, they both would probably be motivated to play on Lakers.

We already got Jamison, Meeks and Hill. The bench needs more improvement, but isn't as sad as it was a month ago. I'm inclined to get Barbosa too but doesn't he need the ball in his hands to be effective?

Venti Quattro
We also got Duhon. Hopefully he can beat out Blake for backup PG.

Duhon is the black Blake. He can fuck off to some place else.

Clipper Nation
LOL, you can have K-Mart.... he's a washed up, wannabe coach-killer, tbh....

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2012, 11:53 PM
lol why u wanan get those 2 idiots?

kmart fake ass thug with thug lips tatoo is as stupid as koriwhats calf tats

then u have barbosa the fkn ballhog who never passes

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:56 PM
I almost forgot that the Lakers also got Earl Clark. How will he fit in the system, aside from heating up the bench?

PGDynasty24
08-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Barbosa would actually be a good pick-up I have watched him in these olympics and he has been great;would be instant scoring off the bench and has played with Nash. Kenyon on the other hand fuck no and we have great frontcourt depth.

ElNono
08-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Barbosa would actually be a good pick-up I have watched him in these olympics and he has been great;would be instant scoring off the bench and has played with Nash. Kenyon on the other hand fuck no and we have great frontcourt depth.

He single-handedly cost Brazil at least 3 games... :lol

By all means, go get him :lol

Venti Quattro
08-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Yup, Barbosa was a turd in the Olympics. Otherwise the Lakers getting him wouldn't have been a question for me.

pass1st
08-11-2012, 12:03 AM
LOL, you can have K-Mart.... he's a washed up, wannabe coach-killer, tbh....

We need a coach killer

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 12:04 AM
We need a coach killer

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I almost forgot that the Lakers also got Earl Clark. How will he fit in the system, aside from heating up the bench?

earl clark is a beast if given starters minutes, his really good from what he shown when d12 was out...wtf did orlando gave away most of their bigs...

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 12:11 AM
He single-handedly cost Brazil at least 3 games... :lol

By all means, go get him :lol

that idiotic performance against Spain cost them a medal

pass1st
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
We already got Jamison, Meeks and Hill. The bench needs more improvement, but isn't as sad as it was a month ago. I'm inclined to get Barbosa too but doesn't he need the ball in his hands to be effective?

Ideally Kobe will be seeing under 30 mins, we should be using our 2nd unit more so Hill-Ebanks-Blake get their thing going. Barbosa would be good in that lineup since Hill is our rebounder, Blake is just bringing the ball down court and giving us some spot up shooting and Ebanks....not really 100% sure on his role. We need a clear cut scorer off the bench, though.

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Also, LMAO "we". Shut up, I'm channeling my inner bandwagon fan

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:19 AM
We need a coach killer
Son, Mike Brown and his potato-head swag ain't goin' nowhere, tbh...

pass1st
08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Son, Mike Brown and his potato-head swag ain't goin' nowhere, tbh...

At least his assistants can write the plays on his head if they misplace their whiteboards.

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Kenyon's the better player of the two right now tbh. It's also nice to have a decent big coming off the bench, as opposed to the trash LA has there right now. Dwight's health is a question mark too, so better depth is even more important.

He is a mental midget, then against so is Artest. And Howard. And Bynum was to an extent.

At least Kenyon Martin is the type of douche that at least wants to win the games and tries on both ends of the floor, despite whatever "issues" he may have.

Barbosa imo showed enough terrible decision making in the Olympics that every team in the NBA should be wary of signing him if they actually want to win this year.

So I'd go with Kenyon here if you can only have one.

racm
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
KMart also plays defense, tbh...

The Clips wouldn't have completed that comeback if he didn't guard Gay.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't say Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. I never thought Jimmy was gonna trade Baby Drew, and he actually did, maybe he learned the error of his ways

rayjayjohnson
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Kenyon chasing a ring like every other older than sand motherfucker.

I really hope the lakers team plane crashes, except Kobe will forever be a martyr.

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I really hope the lakers team plane crashes, except Kobe will forever be a martyr.

:nope :nope :nope

racm
08-11-2012, 12:51 AM

Son, how do you feel about that Iggy guy...

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
That's unclassy rayray. We have ridiculed Australia but we never have wished for it to sink into the ocean. :nope

InRareForm
08-11-2012, 01:07 AM
these fucks really getting 2 pages worth of a post?

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 01:15 AM
these fucks really getting 2 pages worth of a post?

It'd probably be a 3-5 page thread if it was the Spurs instead of Lakers. Maybe more than 5.

I'd be excited to get either or both guys tbh.

Banzai
08-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Reminds me of 2004..all the hype and expectation to win it all..but in the end achieve an epic fail?

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
That's unclassy rayray. We have ridiculed Australia but we never have wished for it to sink into the ocean. :nope
Some of them Aussie's be some fine ass bitches

Kidd K
08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Reminds me of 2004..all the hype and expectation to win it all..but in the end achieve an epic fail?

Yeah but imagine if the Lakers traded Shaq for the at that point obviously better Tim Duncan instead of those other random shit moves.

That's pretty much what happened with Bynum for Howard. Well, I'm overestimating both Bynum and Howard massively with that comparison, but you get the idea.

I don't think it's the same. 2004 tbh I wasn't that scared of LA. 2003 Spurs reignited my belief that money/stars aren't all it took to win. But if we lost Duncan, or I was a fan of another team and the Lakers traded the aging/declining Shaq for Duncan, I'd have been completely demoralized if I was a fan of the Kings or whatever team was worth a shit in the west back then besides SA and LA.

DMC
08-11-2012, 02:04 AM
They need KMart. Having Ron Ron and KMart on the floor at the same time as Howard will be technical city.

DMC
08-11-2012, 02:05 AM
It'd probably be a 3-5 page thread if it was the Spurs instead of Lakers. Maybe more than 5.

I'd be excited to get either or both guys tbh.
Your avatar says as much.

HeatChamps
08-11-2012, 03:42 AM
I guess the Heat didn't want them. Or they would be in Miami right now.

callo1
08-11-2012, 04:52 AM
Who should the Lakers get? I'm thinking Kenyon but can he still play

They should get Martin, so when Howard's back is a no go, at least they can move Pau to the 5 and Martin to the 4.

Don't get too cocky Laker fan. The Howard trade could end up being a disaster If the back doesn't hold up.

Jodelo
08-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Lakers bench :lmao

AussieFanKurt
08-11-2012, 07:41 AM
get Joe Ingles

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Max Luckan (http://twitter.com/MaxLuckan/status/234233291589423104): Kenyon Martin will decide between the Knicks and the Lakers, league source said.
The Mike Brown killer is coming. Get ready Jax

Latarian Milton
08-11-2012, 08:44 AM
they both can turn cancers in the locker room, if there's something in common between these two tbh. lakers are so thirsty they would even drink someone's urine with pleasure

21_Blessings
08-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't say Mike Brown isn't going anywhere. I never thought Jimmy was gonna trade Baby Drew, and he actually did, maybe he learned the error of his ways

What errors? This was a Laker devised orchestration from the get go. Jimmy Buss is the Keyser Soze of the NBA.

Remember: Mitch wanted to draft Sean May. And dear Jimmy took all the heat for that pick the first couple of seasons.

Stupid people thinking Jimmy wouldn't trade Bynum because he didn't unload him for a washed up JO, Kidd etc or because he wouldn't package both big men assets in one trade are basically Romney Campaign levels of stupid.

:toast Thank you Kevin Mchale for colluding with Ainge and rejecting the superor Laker offer for KG though

Koolaid_Man
08-11-2012, 09:37 AM

truly bad form...bad karma awaits those who wishes likes this...personally i'm too scared and would never do it..don't play with fire like that

ChrisRichards
08-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Lakers don't need Kenyon. They're unbeliavably stacked at the post position (Hill, Gasol, Howard). They need more scoring off the bench IMO. Barbosa will bring this in short spurts.

Venti Quattro
08-11-2012, 10:06 AM
truly bad form...bad karma awaits those who wishes likes this...personally i'm too scared and would never do it..don't play with fire like that

Truth

Latarian Milton
08-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Lakers don't need Kenyon. They're unbeliavably stacked at the post position (Hill, Gasol, Howard). They need more scoring off the bench IMO. Barbosa will bring this in short spurts.

DH is likely to sit out till february so they're severely shorthanded in the paint imho. at the backcourt and wing they have some shitty players at least, and that's better than nothing