PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Pistons Fans, but this is pitiful

Kori Ellis
06-24-2005, 05:41 PM
ONLY 20 FANS GREETED YOUR TEAM AT THE AIRPORT!

:wtf If the Spurs showed up at 5am after losing, there would be a couple thousand people at the airport.

How can you guys explain this? And "it was late" is not a good answer.

WATERFORD TOWNSHIP - Nearly four hours after watching the Detroit Pistons lose the championship title to the San Antonio Spurs, Detroit fans waited outside the Oakland County International Airport to welcome the players home.

About 20 fans, some sleepless and still dressed in red, white and blue from the night before, waited outside for the team to arrive.

After watching the game from her home, Nici O'Brien, 18, drove to the airport at 3:30 a.m. with her Richard Hamilton T-shirt still on.

"No matter whether they win or lose, they are the champions of my heart," she said.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/24/A02-226882.htm

bdubya
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I was seriously bummed to read that, especially after the Palace sold out for the game itself.

My excuse is it's a 5-hour drive, but you're right. :oops

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 05:43 PM
You know, I have to agree with you. It never even crossed my mind to go out there. I've never done that before.

Reading that is kind of embarassing.. especially since we had 22,000 strong at Palacevision. Ouch.

jalbre6
06-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I thought the airport in Detroit was DTW.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I think that's the difference between having one major franchise in town to having four.

T Park
Pathetic...

RobinsontoDuncan
Hum.....Well not everyone can be Spurs fans right?

T Park
06-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I think that's the difference between having one major franchise in town to having four.

I think thats a bullshit excuse.

adrienne
Yeah, 20 is pretty pathetic...but at the same time, the Spurs are IT in San Antonio. Most other cities with an NBA franchise have got other pro sports, so it's not all about one team. San Antonio is actually an exception.

WayDowntownBang

We've got a few.. DTW (Metro), City, and Oakland County. There are a few other smaller ones around the area as well. Since they went Charter/Private, that's why they went to Oakland I would assume. DTW does all the National/ International flights as well as the rest.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 05:48 PM

A guy who gives up on his team DURING the series has no room to talk about people who don't show up for their team AFTER the series. Bite my ass, T Park.

LuvBones
06-24-2005, 05:49 PM
That is pretty crazy to sell out the palace and then have 20 people support their team that stretched the series out to 7 games. I'm sure the Pistons felt great to see all 20 people there.

jalbre6
06-24-2005, 05:49 PM
We've got a few.. DTW (Metro), City, and Oakland County. There are a few other smaller ones around the area as well. Since they went Charter/Private, that's why they went to Oakland I would assume. DTW does all the National/ International flights as well as the rest.

Oh, OK. I figured a legit excuse was that the airport( Oakland County) was out in the boonies or something.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I don't care if it's your only sports franchise or you have 50. Did you have 50 teams from your city playing in Game 7 of the NBA Finals last night? No - you had one! Your team's fans are awesome. They turn the Palace into a war zone during games (I'm not referencing the fight) and I think they are great. But this really disappoints me. Hell, I could've gotten 20 people alone from the forum to go if I lived there and was a Pistons fan.

Mixability
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
at first I thought 20 was a misprint, but nope.... but yeah you do have other teams to root for. For us the Spurs are it, unless you count the Cowboys... sigh.

mavsfan1000
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree that T Park is the last person to give shit to Piston fans.

Mixability
06-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I've been hearing alot about this TPark guy, can someone clue me in?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't care if it's your only sports franchise or you have 50. Did you have 50 teams from your city playing in Game 7 of the NBA Finals last night? No - you had one! Your team's fans are awesome. They turn the Palace into a war zone during games (I'm not referencing the fight) and I think they are great. But this really disappoints me. Hell, I could've gotten 20 people alone from the forum to go if I lived there and was a Pistons fan.

Remember, we were even talking last night about when we wanted to go after the Lakers knocked us out last season, but the Spurs didn't fly in until the next day.

samikeyp
DTW is Metro and DET is Detroit city.

sorry...that is just the travel agent in me coming out and im at work right now. Bad habit! :)

I am not trying to make excuses. You guys live and die with the Spurs right? Detroit fans do not live and die with the Pistons. That doesn't mean we don't love them or root for them 110%. I don't know if I can explain it. Hmmm, put it this way, there wasn't thousands of people to meet the Red Wings at the airport after they WON on the road in 1998...

Horry For 3!
06-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Thats sad. Pistons played a hard fought game to only come home to 20 fans? That is pathetic. Pistons fans should be ashammed of theirselves if they weren't there.

WayDowntownBang
Oh, OK. I figured a legit excuse was that the airport( Oakland County) was out in the boonies or something.

Nope.. about 15-20 minutes away from the Palace, which makes it worse.

Kori Ellis
I am not trying to make excuses. You guys live and die with the Spurs right? Detroit fans do not live and die with the Pistons. That doesn't mean we don't love them or root for them 110%. I don't know if I can explain it. Hmmm, put it this way, there wasn't thousands of people to meet the Red Wings at the airport after they WON on the road in 1998...

I get that. But I can't believe there's not at least a couple hundred Pistons fans who DO "live and die" with the Pistons.

samikeyp
Hmmm, put it this way, there wasn't thousands of people to meet the Red Wings at the airport after they WON on the road in 1998

in Hockeytown?!?!?!?!? :wow

:p

06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
in Hockeytown?!?!?!?!? :wow

:p

Yeah, yeah. I'll let that slide after last night.

Miserable piece of shit...

:lol

06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
detroit has 4 major teams?

hahaha

lions and tigers and pistons?

That's three Einstein...

ShoogarBear
06-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Maybe going to the airport is an SA thing.

I don't think folks ever went to the airport to greet the Celtics when I lived in Boston in the 80s.

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 06:06 PM
That surprised me a bit too...given all the passion I saw from Pistons fans this series.

pooh
06-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Detroit is more hockey oriented, rather than football, baseball, etc. Going to the airport to see a team off or wait until they come back from a road game, is pretty much a Spurs thing. Just remember Indy fans packed the airport after the brawl to cheer their team home.

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Indy fans are a lot like Spurs fans(well I mean aside from charging into stands)....for years...all they had was the Pacers and even when they got the Colts they sucked until Peyton got there.

pooh
06-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Colts had some success prior to Peyton showing up, but for the most part, it was the Pacers then whoever came next...and also the university of Indiana too.

jalbre6
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
i mean, is there a professional league with teams from around the nation, that is televised? can i watch this Hockey League? do they have games?

If you watch a WNBA game on ESPN wearing your red Chuck Taylors, and click your heels together three times, you will magically be transported to Hockeyland, where the NHL reigns supreme.

jalbre6
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
indianapolis has IUPUI

What's that, Indiana University / Purdue University - Indianapolis? That probably takes up three lines of sheepskin.

SoundTheToll
06-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Detroit is more hockey oriented, rather than football, baseball, etc. Going to the airport to see a team off or wait until they come back from a road game, is pretty much a Spurs thing. Just remember Indy fans packed the airport after the brawl to cheer their team home.

You couldn't be any further from the truth. Detroit is NOT hockey oriented. Detroit is 100% football. That's what EVERYONE cares about. You have your hockey fans and your basketball fans, but EVERYONE is a Lions fan. If the Lions won the superbowl, there'd be 3mil at the Parade. Detroit/Michigan is ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL.

In fact, I would put baseball a close second ahead of basketball. Football and baseball will always remain the top of the sports ladder.

Even Darren McCarty (Wings Forward) said that the hockey fans in Michigan are great, but if the city ever won a superbowl the whole state would be partying!

As for the plane thing: I'm a die hard and I never considered going to the plane. I guess its just not something we do here. The Pistons and Wings have their own ariplanes, so maybe that makes it harder to get to. I don't know. Not to mention I was up until 1 am watching the game, and I wouldn't have had a clue as to where or when the plane came in anyway.

PakiDan
06-24-2005, 06:22 PM
A guy who gives up on his team DURING the series has no room to talk about people who don't show up for their team AFTER the series. Bite my ass, T Park.

That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.

timvp
06-24-2005, 06:24 PM
There was a pretty hardcore Piston fan couple sitting right in front of us. The problem was they started taunting Spurs fans when the Pistons got up by nine. Then in the fourth with about six minutes to go, the girl just starts bawling her eyes out. I've never seen a fan lose it like that. Even with the Spurs fans celebrating, you could hear her cries above it all. She cried from the six minute mark of the fourth all the way until after the ring ceremony.

I would have felt sorry for her, but she was staring down Spurs fans when the Pistons were up and her and the boyfriend started shadow boxing the air in the third quarter. They thought the game was over.

I know it was probably wrong, but the sweetest music I've ever heard is "We Are The Champions" accompanied by a bawling Piston fan. :)

Kori Ellis
As for the plane thing: I'm a die hard and I never considered going to the plane. I guess its just not something we do here. The Pistons and Wings have their own ariplanes, so maybe that makes it harder to get to. I don't know. Not to mention I was up until 1 am watching the game, and I wouldn't have had a clue as to where or when the plane came in anyway.

Yeah, you guys must just not do it there.

The Spurs have their own plane too. But we all know where they come in at the airport.

When I lived in Phoenix and L.A., fans always greeted the teams at the airport too -- after wins and losses. So maybe the East coast teams just aren't into it.

SoundTheToll
hahaha

detroit has such great football fans that barry sanders retired

What's that have to do with anything? The Lions sell out every game despite the fact that the seats average $60, and the team has never been good.

SoundTheToll
06-24-2005, 06:27 PM
hahaha

if you can't see why that has everything to with everything...then i'm sorry

Well, your such a knowledgable Detroit sports fan, why don't you explain it to me.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
I would have felt sorry for her, but she was staring down Spurs fans when the Pistons were up and her and the boyfriend started shadow boxing the air in the third quarter. They thought the game was over.

:lol I didn't know about the shadow boxing part. But I did see him in his pink shirt taunting Spurs fans in the third.

hahaha

if you can't see why that has everything to with everything...then i'm sorry

SA has such great football fans that...oh wait, does HS count?

jalbre6
What's that have to do with anything? The Lions sell out every game despite the fact that the seats average $60, and the team has never been good.

I thought that your team suffered the same curse that the Saints had (until recently)...incredibly supportive fans surrounding a cast of idiots that make football-related decisions, and some really bad luck along the way.

Andre Ware, Rodney Peete (who I was shocked to see still around last season), Scott Mitchell, Mike Utley (sp?) getting paralyzed in a game, Wayne Fontes refusing to use an I formation or TE's with the best RB in the NFL, Barry giving up, etc.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Fuck Barry Sanders. I don't care that he wanted to go somewhere else. I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner. But to sign a contract in the summer, take the signing bonus, and then not show up for training camp is chump. He can KMLWA.

And it's really cold of y'all to make fun of there not being any hockey. I've been on life support since the lockout started. Thank God for Prozac.

SoundTheToll
I thought that your team suffered the same curse that the Saints had (until recently)...incredibly supportive fans surrounding a cast of idiots that make football-related decisions, and some really bad luck along the way.

Andre Ware, Rodney Peete (who I was shocked to see still around last season), Scott Mitchell, Mike Utley (sp?) getting paralyzed in a game, Wayne Fontes refusing to use an I formation or TE's with the best RB in the NFL, Barry giving up, etc.

Yeah, the Lions management is awful, but for some reason we still dish out the $$$.

Don't forget Andolsek(sp?) getting run over by a car while doing yard work in the off season. Reggie Brown getting hurt right before entering the prime of his career...

Dammit it's tough being Lion Fan...

THE X-FACTOR
06-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I didn't go because Sheed told me "shit get some sleep we are fine we'll be back next year"

ShoogarBear
06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
She cried from the six minute mark of the fourth all the way until after the ring ceremony.

Damn, they had the rings made up already? Good thing the Pistons didn't know about that before the game.

Oh, you mean the trophy. Why the hell would Pistons fans stay around to see that? (Actually I know why. How many times do you get to go to a game 7. I'd soak up every second of that, win or lose.)

sickdsm
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Pathetic...

Isn't that the most ironic thing?

Tpark calling piston fans pathetic for not being there for there team when they are down?

Your the EXACT thing Ric Bucher was talking about when he said Spur fans are a bunch of chicken littles.

Uncle_Rico
06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
You know whats pitiful, sheed. 0 boards. damn. get in and get dirty, i thought that's what is was about.

DEEEEEEETROIT SUCKS MY BAAAAALLLLSSSSS.

T Park
06-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Your the EXACT thing Ric Bucher was talking about when he said Spur fans are a bunch of chicken littles.

Yeah a season ticket holder since 89

damn near go to every spurs game and function,

buy spurs gear, go to every game in the 96 97 season.

Yeah im horrible.

Go away.

Duff McCartney
06-24-2005, 07:39 PM
God damn, that is three times in the past week that T Park has used his money to justify his Spur fandom.

T Park you'd do good just to leave the board already. You're becoming the laughing stock of the entire board, if you weren't already.

T Park
06-24-2005, 07:42 PM
T Park you'd do good just to leave the board already. You're becoming the laughing stock of the entire board, if you weren't already

No Mr 700.

That would be you pathetic mooching bitch.

JamStone
06-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Kori,

I'm pretty surprised you started this thread ...

Instead of you die-hard Spurs fans enjoying your well-deserved championship, some of you have taken time to criticize Pistons fans for not going to the airport to receive the Pistons??? That would be the last thing on my mind if I were a Spurs fan.

Having said that, I don't know about all Pistons fans, but a lot of work, even 7 or 8 in the morning. Even had the Pistons won, many fans would not have received them at the airport.

While it may have been a really nice gesture, I don't know if the Piston players would necessarily feel like they need fans to be up at all hours of the night waiting for them, except for close friends and family who did not make the trip. I would also hope that the Piston players know how much the fans appreciate them that they would not need that.

At any rate, perhaps to some of you, it shows a lack of fan support. But, I don't think that way at all. Sold out games with the league's highest attendance record for two straight years (maybe more) show that support. That's more important than waiting up to see their plane land when they are weary and tired and just want to go home after the trip. I don't know if having only 20 people there demonstrates that the Piston fans are not loyal enough or not hardcore enough or not good fans.

It's just ... it is what it is.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Like I said, I was just shocked that few people showed up.

Every city I lived in -- Phoenix, L.A., San Antonio -- has always done it during the playoffs for their teams. As I said later in the thread, maybe it's just not something that's done in Detroit. It's just odd to me.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2005, 08:41 PM
I think that's the difference between having one major franchise in town to having four.Pistons, Red Wings, Shock --

What is the fourth?

JamStone
06-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but ...

Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings

ChumpDumper
06-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't know if you're being sarcasticI am, and you still haven't answered the question.

lordswing
06-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Michigan's definitely about football. I've got Michigan crazies down in Atlanta here coming dressed in their colors. All of them are smart too for some reason, planning to major in techinical stuff, =/

bdubya
06-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Kori,

I'm pretty surprised you started this thread ...

I'm very glad she did. It shamed a bunch of us into passing the hat and taking up a collection to set things right; so now, after the exit interviews, each Piston will get a rimjob from TPark's sister.

mike detroit
06-24-2005, 09:24 PM

it is. I don't even know where oakland international is.

milkyway21
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
All I can say after these people bashed me before game7, where are they? Piston>Spurs, guaransheed09......

it's pretty embarrassing for a franchise if your fans are embarrassed of your team...:cry :cry :cry.

bandwagoning........
you got your last(?) chance Detroit, Brown might be a Knick top man next yr.

jochhejaam
06-24-2005, 09:41 PM
ONLY 20 FANS GREETED YOUR TEAM AT THE AIRPORT!

:wtf If the Spurs showed up at 5am after losing, there would be a couple thousand people at the airport.

How can you guys explain this? And "it was late" is not a good answer.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0506/24/A02-226882.htm

We are all under the spell of your message board, please shut your message board down for a few hours so we can pay the proper respects to our team.

Christian Kori Marlowe (changed my middle name)

:)

sickdsm
06-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah a season ticket holder since 89

damn near go to every spurs game and function,

buy spurs gear, go to every game in the 96 97 season.

Yeah im horrible.

Go away.

You don't even know what i'm talking about.

He said San Antonio is unique that its fans, when there team is down gets horrificly quiet. MOST fans pump up there team when there down. Not you. I feel bad for san antonio. Maybe you sit by Ric every time and give him a bad impression of the city.

Kori may have said your welcome here and i'm sure you are. But there's still going to be lots of regulars, including me, who'll never be able to look at your posts without thinking what a piece of trash you are and how your points now mean nothing.

BigDaddyMatty
06-25-2005, 12:57 AM
SA has such great football fans that...oh wait, does HS count?
Yes, there is more passion/craziness on any given friday here than you will ever see for ANY N.F.L. team.

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
I think this was nailed with the opinion that this is just not a detroit thing. first off, half the city has no idea that there even is an Oakland International Airport, secondly, nothing is done in the media here to let us know. there was absolutely no way i could have greeted the pistons this morning. I had no idea where they were landing, and had no clue as to when. that's just not info that get put out here, because it's not a tradition here.

ZappaFan
06-25-2005, 10:12 AM
I think this was nailed with the opinion that this is just not a detroit thing. first off, half the city has no idea that there even is an Oakland International Airport, secondly, nothing is done in the media here to let us know. there was absolutely no way i could have greeted the pistons this morning. I had no idea where they were landing, and had no clue as to when. that's just not info that get put out here, because it's not a tradition here.

I'd not seen nor heard anything about where/when the team was comng back.

ShoogarBear
06-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey, you may be on to something . . .

Maybe the word got out by mistake the Pistons were flying into DFW.

And there were 5000 Pistons fans in Dallas waiting for them to land.

Boy, they musta been pissed.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-25-2005, 10:25 AM

Right on, Bang.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-25-2005, 10:29 AM
There was a pretty hardcore Piston fan couple sitting right in front of us. The problem was they started taunting Spurs fans when the Pistons got up by nine. Then in the fourth with about six minutes to go, the girl just starts bawling her eyes out. I've never seen a fan lose it like that. Even with the Spurs fans celebrating, you could hear her cries above it all. She cried from the six minute mark of the fourth all the way until after the ring ceremony.

I know it was probably wrong, but the sweetest music I've ever heard is "We Are The Champions" accompanied by a bawling Piston fan. :)

I love it when those who are puffed up get deflated. That just made my morning.

Ishta
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM
We are all under the spell of your message board, please shut your message board down for a few hours so we can pay the proper respects to our team.

Christian Kori Marlowe (changed my middle name)

:)

That's funny....:lol This Message Board is very addictive. I'm surprised I still have a job :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2005, 11:01 AM
OMG kori, that is so crazy!!!

I actually thought about this when we won, i was giving detroit alot of credit and I was thinking...their fans should not be ashamed of too much, this was an awesome team with an awesome run and they took it to 7 games....it came down to the last qtr, etc

and i was thinking, i bet so many fans greet them when they arrive back, to show Detroit that they will always be loved by their fans....

LOL could i have been any further from the truth?????? LOL!!!

caŽlo
06-25-2005, 12:43 PM
no matter what the excuse is.. koris right. its pretty disappointing.

couldnt think which is worse.. the bandwagons here or that

ChumpDumper
06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I think this was nailed with the opinion that this is just not a detroit thing. first off, half the city has no idea that there even is an Oakland International AirportThe other half wonder why the Pistons are going to California after the series.

How many showed at the Detroit airport by mistake then?

wildbill2u
06-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I was seriously bummed to read that, especially after the Palace sold out for the game itself.

My excuse is it's a 5-hour drive, but you're right. :oops

I remember when we lost to Washington in our first NBA playoffs, there were thousands of Spurs fans at the airport to greet the team. Nobody had ever seen anything like it for a losing team. :makemyday

SpursChampsIII
06-25-2005, 01:06 PM
http://www.owned.com

You only have one franchise there. I'm sick and tired of uneducated Canadian bowlers coming on here and trying to big league San Antonio. San Antonio is the 8th largest city in the U.S., and Detroit is 10th...so enough of the my dick is bigger than yours...your dick is smaller. If you understand geography, most San Antonians are Cowboy fans, Longhorn fans, Astro/Ranger fans, etc. Let's look at what we've covered today:

San Antonio > Detroit
Spurs > Pistons
Cowboys > Lions
Tigers < any organized baseball team in Texas
Longhorns > Wolverines
No hockey comparisons since there is no hockey

GTF outa here.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:16 PM

OWNED.

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 02:19 PM
The other half wonder why the Pistons are going to California after the series.

How many showed at the Detroit airport by mistake then?

you're missing the point. it's not that people went to the wrong airport, it's that very few people knew where or when the pistons were returning, that information is simply not publicized here. I only mentioned not knowing where Oakland Airport is because even if I somehow had gotten ahold of that information, I still wouldn't have known where to go.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-25-2005, 03:16 PM

GTF outa here.

What, did Dallas fold their hockey team after their playoff performance last season? :lol

But seriously, I'll pit the Wings against the Stars anytime. How many Cups does Dallas have again?

Pistons < Spurs
06-25-2005, 06:04 PM
first off, half the city has no idea that there even is an Oakland International Airport, secondly, nothing is done in the media here to let us know. there was absolutely no way i could have greeted the pistons this morning. I had no idea where they were landing, and had no clue as to when. that's just not info that get put out here, because it's not a tradition here.

I would agree with this. Never once did I hear from any source about where or when the Pisotns were coming into town. I actually commented to my brother that we should go to greet them.........but I too would have apparently gone to the wrong airport. I figured Metro was where'd they land.

I feel bad for my boys. It would have been great to have a ton of people there to show their love and respect.

I keep thinking we may have some sort of assembly at the Palace for the fans to applaud their team, but again, I haven't heard a single word from any sort of media.

bigzak25
06-25-2005, 06:09 PM
as long as you cheered your team to the very end, and never gave up...you got no splainin to do...

IceColdBrewski
06-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Not sure any of you should be questioning what the Piston fans did or didn't do to welcome the team back. How many of you actually went out to welcome the team back after the Lakers knocked us out last year? I'm guessing the turnout wasn't all that great.

06-26-2005, 02:01 PM

You only have one franchise there. I'm sick and tired of uneducated Canadian bowlers coming on here and trying to big league San Antonio. San Antonio is the 8th largest city in the U.S., and Detroit is 10th...so enough of the my dick is bigger than yours...your dick is smaller. If you understand geography, most San Antonians are Cowboy fans, Longhorn fans, Astro/Ranger fans, etc. Let's look at what we've covered today:

San Antonio > Detroit
Spurs > Pistons
Cowboys > Lions
Tigers < any organized baseball team in Texas
Longhorns > Wolverines

GTF outa here.

This post is funny. The Cowboys(notice not SA Cowboys)? Aren't they in Dallas(notice not SA)? Shouldn't you root for the DALLAS Mavs too? Or is it just the good teams from other cities?

And the Tigers have won 4 World Series, how many have the HOUSTON(notice not SA) Astros and Rangers won?

UT football and UM football. They are both great programs. To say UT is better is idiotic when you consider UM is the all-time winningest program. I'll just call it a push for now.

So what exactly did you cover? If you're trying to say that SA is a better sports town than Detroit, you're an idiot...

PM5K
06-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Don't know if it's been said but you just can't excuse twenty away, not even by saying that the Pistons aren't the only ticket in town, 20,000 fans managed to fill The Palace but only 20 at the airport?

If you guys had won would there have still only been twenty people at the airport, because as you say they aren't the only ticket in town, no there would have been thousands of people at the airport, face it, your guys lost and you weren't fans enough to support them anyway, and I would have because it was a hard fought seven game series, it's not like they got swept, shit the game was tied going into the fourth quarter...

adidas11
06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
This is pretty damn awful.

CosmicCowboy
06-26-2005, 02:23 PM
the real question in my mind is not how many showed up, but did they have their wrestling belts slung over their shoulders when they got off the plane?...:lol

SpursChampsIII
06-26-2005, 02:31 PM
This post is funny. The Cowboys(notice not SA Cowboys)? Aren't they in Dallas(notice not SA)? Shouldn't you root for the DALLAS Mavs too? Or is it just the good teams from other cities?

And the Tigers have won 4 World Series, how many have the HOUSTON(notice not SA) Astros and Rangers won?

UT football and UM football. They are both great programs. To say UT is better is idiotic when you consider UM is the all-time winningest program. I'll just call it a push for now.

So what exactly did you cover? If you're trying to say that SA is a better sports town than Detroit, you're an idiot...

You brought this up you ignorant motherfucker...trying to spount off about all your sports franchises. BTW, the Pistons play in Auburn Hills...should they be the Auburn Hills Pistons? Get your M'Fn ass outa here.