PDA

View Full Version : Better Scenario: Olympics Gold Medal Game

Andthentherewas21
08-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Patriotism aside, which scenario would ST rather have:

1. Team USA wins Gold (as they should given their roster) and Argentina remains the only other team to get Gold in Men's Olympic Basketball since NBA players starting participating

or...

2. Spain wins Gold joining Argentina as the only other team to win Gold in the Olympics since NBA players have participated (and in the long run probably reducing the legacy of Argentina's accomplishment), while ending all the comparisons between 2012 Team USA and the Dream Team.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Team USA wins Gold

Russ
08-11-2012, 08:46 PM
France, Argentina, Australia . . . All the teams I like are out of it.

What the hell, let the Yanquis win it.

Brazil
08-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I would hate to see Spain winning one but I would also :lmao if US loose this game

baseline bum
08-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Team USA wins gold. I would cheer for fucking China or the USSR or Nazi Germany ahead of Spain.

MannyIsGod
08-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Look, Team USA is going to smash Spain. Spain will be lucky to be within 20. Just accept thats the outcome.

spurs10
08-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Tanking Spain will be remembered 'til the end of time as the cowards who threw a game in the Olympics because they were afraid of facing the USA. I would root for Ted Bundy before Spain. They should have been disqualified.

Go USA.....destroy this horrible excuse for Olympic athletes.

spurs10
08-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Team USA wins gold. I would cheer for fucking China or the USSR or Nazi Germany ahead of Spain.
:toast

Hoops Czar
08-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Patriotism aside, which scenario would ST rather have:

1. Team USA wins Gold (as they should given their roster) and Argentina remains the only other team to get Gold in Men's Olympic Basketball since NBA players starting participating

or...

2. Spain wins Gold joining Argentina as the only other team to win Gold in the Olympics since NBA players have participated (and in the long run probably reducing the legacy of Argentina's accomplishment), while ending all the comparisons between 2012 Team USA and the Dream Team.

That US team that lost to Argentina was fatally flawed. They had no shooters. It wasn't even considered an upset. That Argentina team wouldn't stand a chance against this year's US team.

Secondly, there is no comparison between this year's US squad and the Dream Team. Only fools looking to make a storyline would even try. The original Dream Team would mop the floor with this year's team.

racm
08-12-2012, 06:24 AM
That US team that lost to Argentina was fatally flawed. They had no shooters. It wasn't even considered an upset. That Argentina team wouldn't stand a chance against this year's US team.

Secondly, there is no comparison between this year's US squad and the Dream Team. Only fools looking to make a storyline would even try. The original Dream Team would mop the floor with this year's team.

Tim Duncan and no shooters to space the floor and having a ballhog chucking backcourt. :lmao

Not to mention Manu was in his prime.

Russ
08-12-2012, 07:45 AM
On NBC, Doug Collins touts Doc Rivers as the next team USA coach.

Doc responds by saying Gregg Popovitch is the best choice.

Andthentherewas21
08-12-2012, 11:34 AM

I agree that the US team was flawed, but so was every other team in the Olympics in 2004. Every team in the London Olympics is flawed, its not really an excuse. At least the US team has a wealth of NBA talent to chose from, unlike every other country.

Secondly, it doesn't make much sense to compare the 2012 Team USA to Argentina's 2004. Team USA 2012 would probably win against them if they played today, maybe Argentina's 2004 team beats out the the US team in 2000 if they had played, whats the point? You play who you play when you play them, and you either win or lose.

blkroadrunners
08-12-2012, 11:36 AM
On NBC, Doug Collins touts Doc Rivers as the next team USA coach.

Doc responds by saying Gregg Popovitch is the best choice.

Either would be better than K.

Sean Cagney
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM

I agree fully, especially on the dream team thing! I think Argies might stand a chance against the US team though as Spain and Lithuania gave them hell, this team was good but not near an all time USA great team (Headlines as you said, only reason it was brought up for hype).

DAF86
08-13-2012, 02:36 AM

If this old, broken, no depth-having Argentina team managed to lose only by 5 against this year's Team USA then that '04 Argentina team would definitely stand a chance against them.