PDA

View Full Version : Which of you don't belong to The Facebook? *serious question*

Stringer_Bell
08-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren't on social networking sites are 'suspicious.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184658/Is-joining-Facebook-sign-youre-psychopath-Some-employers-psychologists-say-suspicious.html

I'm simply asking an innocent question. I have no plans to share anyone's answer with local law enforcement, the Dept of Homeland Security, or any other monitoring entities that work toward the pre-emption of terrorist attacks/mass violence.

So good ahead, be honest with me! :hat

Potential Threats to Freedom: DMC, Blake, Oh Gee!!, Disasterbot, WC

Yonivore
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm a big Facebooker.

AussieFanKurt
08-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah I use FB just to keep in contact with people easily

DMC
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Not me. No FB, twitter or anything else like that. I don't even answer my door.

ElNono
08-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I have an account I haven't checked in years, tbh

mavs>spurs
08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
every time i try to deactivate mine i end up getting bored and coming back tbh...can't break it's evil hold

Stringer_Bell
08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Not me. No FB, twitter or anything else like that. I don't even answer my door.

O rly? That's not unusual - at all.

ElNono
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
every time i try to deactivate mine i end up getting bored and coming back tbh...can't break it's evil hold

I didn't even know you could deactivate it... I assume they keep all your shit regardless?

AussieFanKurt
08-12-2012, 07:41 PM
O rly? That's not unusual - at all.

Stringer surely you don't subscribe to this method. You are a legitimate businessman with no time for petty games such as FB

AussieFanKurt
08-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I didn't even know you could deactivate it... I assume they keep all your shit regardless?

Yeah they do because if you re-activate it's all there. You have to fully delete to remove it I think

Blake
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't

Latarian Milton
08-12-2012, 08:05 PM
not a member of FB though i want to be one, they have a policy that forbids those aged 18 or younger to use it tbh

Yonivore
08-12-2012, 08:08 PM
not a member of FB though i want to be one, they have a policy that forbids those aged 18 or younger to use it tbh
I thought the cutoff was 13.

Latarian Milton
08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought the cutoff was 13.

mean i'll be eligible to have an FB account like 2 years from now, sounds cool tbh

baseline bum
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM

We ain't need your ass doing hoodrat stuff online tbh.

Oh, Gee!!
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
never been on myspace, facebook, twitter, etc. this site is the most computer shit I do besides news and e-mail.

symple19
08-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Minimal usage for me. Some old people in my family like to send me messages from time to time, as well as a friend in Korea, but otherwise I find it completely useless and incredibly annoying

It's a never ending procession of people saying how they like kraft macaroni and cheese (and the like) or posting fucking baby pictures.

If you have chrome, there's a sick extension out there if you loathe all the pictures of peoples ugly-ass kids

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/unbaby-your-facebook-with-new-extension_n_1734418.html

baseline bum
08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Minimal usage for me. Some old people in my family like to send me messages from time to time, as well as a friend in Korea, but otherwise I find it completely useless and incredibly annoying

It's a never ending procession of people saying how they like kraft macaroni and cheese (and the like) or posting fucking baby pictures.

If you have chrome, there's a sick extension out there if you loathe all the pictures of peoples ugly-ass kids

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/unbaby-your-facebook-with-new-extension_n_1734418.html

LOL. Why does no one understand that no one could give a shit about seeing pics of their bastard kids? Then people act weird when you say 'no' when they ask you if you want to see pics of their retarded daughter or mouthbreathing son.

symple19
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
LOL. Why does no one understand that no one could give a shit about seeing pics of their bastard kids? Then people act weird when you say 'no' when they ask you if you want to see pics of their retarded daughter or mouthbreathing son.

Even worse are the assholes who post everything that happens in their pathetic lives on their wall

Nobody cares if you "discovered" a new car wash that saves you .75 or that you pawned your vacuum cleaner so you could buy a new set of dinnerware (both recent examples from people I know)

Unfortunately, I think you'll see more and more info being disseminated via FB, so those of us who hate it will in some cases have to use it to get timely info from groups/companies we may be interested in

mercos
08-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't use my personal Facebook much, but I have several accounts across the multiple social media networks for business interests. Great tools for free advertising and customer communications.

What annoyed me the most on my personal account though was people who put their kid's picture as their profile picture. I get that people are proud of their kids, but its YOUR profile page, not theirs. At least have a picture of you with your kids. When you are trying to find someone you know, the profile picture makes that a lot easier. That was probably my biggest pet peeve with Myspace and then Facebook.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm a big Facebooker.
I'm not.

I deleted my account before they went public, when their privacy policies changed. I wasn't using it anyway. Besides, I was getting tired of getting emails every time someone I knew updated certain parts. Since I haven't used my myspace account in a long time either, I deleted it too.

mouse
08-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Face it! Facebook is the new yellow pages.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/john-done.jpg

to the answer of your original question.

http://www.facebook.com/mallen.documentaires

DarrinS
08-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm trying to create an antisocial network, but I'm having a hard time getting people to sign up.

DisAsTerBot
08-13-2012, 10:30 AM
nope. No facebook, twitter or the like. I loathe it.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
nope. No facebook, twitter or the like. I loathe it.

I see people spending too much time on their smart phones with that shit.

Come on people... get a life.

Ashy Larry
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
just use it for words with friends .......

CosmicCowboy
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
I use facebook for family and friends. It was very cool when we scheduled our hawaii trip this year for extended family...set up a special page for that and everyone posted links of things they would like to do so it gave everyone else a chance to look and decide in/out without requiring zillions of emails.

Stringer_Bell
08-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Stringer surely you don't subscribe to this method. You are a legitimate businessman with no time for petty games such as FB

You know, for a budding entrepreneur like myself looking to get into the condominium game - FB is a practical tool for networking. I don't play none of them games or use it on the mobile, those apps and shit hijack your contact lists and the last thing I want people to see is "Stringer invites you to play..." whatever the fuck. Plus, it's a good way to get people to buy shirts supporting my business...

http://img.shirtcity.com/article_preview/270x270/transp/bb-enterprises-t-shirt-p1c36s1a1_d1i1472p0z5r1c2f7.png

TE
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm on FB to keep in touch with the fam and friends...I just recently deactivated it since school for me has since started again. :(

EVAY
08-13-2012, 07:17 PM
No facebook, no twitter, no myspace, nothing like that.

I don't trust any of them.

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 07:21 PM
You know, for a budding entrepreneur like myself looking to get into the condominium game - FB is a practical tool for networking. I don't play none of them games or use it on the mobile, those apps and shit hijack your contact lists and the last thing I want people to see is "Stringer invites you to play..." whatever the fuck. Plus, it's a good way to get people to buy shirts supporting my business...

http://img.shirtcity.com/article_preview/270x270/transp/bb-enterprises-t-shirt-p1c36s1a1_d1i1472p0z5r1c2f7.png

Ain't that t-shirt supposed to be wet, B?

CosmicCowboy
08-13-2012, 07:30 PM

I block all that shit.

LnGrrrR
08-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm on FB to share pics of my family with my parents/friends back home.

DarrinS
08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm on FB to share pics of my family with my parents/friends back home.

You're going to be on it a lot when you move to Clovis.

LnGrrrR
08-13-2012, 08:34 PM
You're going to be on it a lot when you move to Clovis.

:lol

In all honesty, they may block me from going there for medical reasons... my son will need "oculoplastic surgery" (read: eye surgery/reshaping) and the nearest location that can do it is Albuquerque four hours away. I'm not sure if that's close enough to get approved. *shrug* We'll see, working the paperwork up now.

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
:lol

In all honesty, they may block me from going there for medical reasons... my son will need "oculoplastic surgery" (read: eye surgery/reshaping) and the nearest location that can do it is Albuquerque four hours away. I'm not sure if that's close enough to get approved. *shrug* We'll see, working the paperwork up now.

Ain't nothing wrong with pulling a Derek Fisher when you get sent to a shithole.

(though tbh, Salt Lake City is a pretty awesome place)

LnGrrrR
08-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with pulling a Derek Fisher when you get sent to a shithole.

(though tbh, Salt Lake City is a pretty awesome place)

If there's anything Hickam has taught me, it's that rules are for people who aren't smart enough or privileged enough to break them.

"Yes, Captain? You want us to open up these ports because a General said so, even thought its against DoD standards and you technically don't have the authority to authorize it? Why sure!"

"No Captain, I don't think we need maintenance downtime on our servers. A 5 year uptime and outdated IOS surely is a good thing. God forbid the mission capabilities go down for an hour."

Etc etc...

Wild Cobra
08-14-2012, 01:58 AM
No facebook, no twitter, no myspace, nothing like that.

I don't trust any of them.
Neither do I.

They were cool before they went commercial, but that ruined everything.