PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs' upside

caspian
06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I can't believe how high the ceiling is with these Spurs (on paper).

Duncan is Duncan
Ginobili's confidence is sky-rocketing
Horry's confidence is sky-rocketing
Parker hasn't even discovered how to use his hops and he's only 23
Bowen is All-World defense and can now be an offensive weapon
Nazr over-achieved; a Spur for less than half a season and has upside
Glenn Robinson can play defense!
Devin Brown will be healthy

Luis Scola

Players, such as Brent Barry, among others, are taking pay-cuts to win titles with us (something the Lakers couldn't do for Malone & Payton). Free agents want to be Spurs. They want to be coached by Pop. This is a team.

Good grief...seriously, the future looks bright!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
I truely believe Tim will win MVP next year, the offseason rest is going to do wonders for him.

caspian
06-24-2005, 06:20 PM
I truely believe Tim will win MVP next year, the offseason rest is going to do wonders for him.

Honestly, I think his numbers will probably stay down, but that's a good thing!

Pick your poison against us. He's the ultimate superstar teamate...and he's a big reason why we don't have 'Laker' problems.

50 & 21
06-24-2005, 06:31 PM
A topic like this leaving out Beno! You even mentioned Glenn Robinson who is way past his prime. I believe that you witnessed the Horry and Bowen ceiling in these finals. I'm greatly disappointed. (I really like Beno) :depressed

caspian
06-24-2005, 06:37 PM
A topic like this leaving out Beno! You even mentioned Glenn Robinson who is way past his prime. I believe that you witnessed the Horry and Bowen ceiling in these finals. I'm greatly disappointed. (I really like Beno) :depressed

I don't know much about Beno, actually. I have a hard time seeing his upside...I don't know how athletic he is. I just don't know.

You may be right...I don't know at what point age starts to really inhibit, but I think both Horry and Robinson have the ability right now to be critical contributors in playoffs.

nkdlunch
06-24-2005, 06:40 PM
barry

slayermin
06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
The Spurs gained valuable experience this playoff run that will make them a mutherfucker to play in future playoffs.

-They finally play a seventh game, and in the Finals, no less.
-They win the title against the defending champs.
-After a heartbreaking playoff run in 2004, the Spurs experience two meltdowns on the road, earily similar to the collapse vs. the Lakers but overcome all mental hurdles to win both series.
-Tim Duncan shuts up all his critics.
-Tony Parker gains valuable crunchtime minutes in the Finals against the 2004 Finals MVP.
-The SBC Crowd should become even more raucous and intimidating after last nights game seven performance.

I am so proud of this team. It's scary to think about, but they can and will get even better.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-24-2005, 06:56 PM
This team has an unbelievably solid core. When your top three guys from a championship team are locked up until 2010 all you have to do is put the right parts around them, hope everyone stays healthy, and start adding trophies in the case.

Horry For 3!
06-24-2005, 06:58 PM

Yeah I think Beno will develop into a great player.

50 & 21
06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
"I am so proud of this team. It's scary to think about, but they can and will get even better."
"This team has an unbelievably solid core. When your top three guys from a championship team are locked up until 2010 all you have to do is put the right parts around them, hope everyone stays healthy, and start adding trophies in the case."

Shhhhhh...

"Yeah I think Beno will develop into a great player."

Right on! Me too (gut instinct if nothing else).

"well, let's just hope stoudamire doesn't learn to play defense. man, all they need is a solid defensive center and watch out."

The Suns just traded away QRichardson to Philly for KThomas. They just might add a center, but I'm really not very concerned about those guys. :rolleyes Trust me, we will add a body to better contain Staudamire with.