PDA

View Full Version : Olympic recap - favorite moments

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
It was hard for me to get into these Olympics because I hate watching something that's delayed, even if I don't know the outcome. Only got to see a few events live. I thought they did a terrible job of letting people know when things were going to be on TV or on internet. Not that I care much about women's vollleyball, but they didn't even show the gold medal match live on TV. On a Saturday. My daughter was looking forward to watching it live. Found out they weren't going to show it live so we recorded the prime time show where NBC said it would be aired. They showed about 15 minutes of the first set that USA dominated. Then all of a sudden they skip to USA 1, Brazil 2 about midway through the set with Brazil way up. The announces are talking about one of the best comeback performances they've seen but NBC totally failed to air it on TV.

Anyway...the things I did see that I liked

USA womens soccer, semis and finals
Mexico mens soccer, semis and finals
the US womens gymnastics had some great moments
some male US platform diver won gold over a few heavy favorites
(by the way, did anyone see how some of those guys wave to the camera???)
all the track and field sprints and relays
water polo is pretty cool to watch

what's your favorites?
and more importantly, who's the hottest female athlete in the Olympics?

Girasuck
08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Ok, probably gonna catch hell for this but my favorite moment was watching Katie Ledecky's medal ceremony and the tear that fell right at the end of the national anthem. Yeah, a lot of athletes cry during a medal ceremony, but there was something reassuring seeing a 15 year old girl have so much pride in her country and what she had done.

lebomb
08-13-2012, 01:08 PM
When the British runner won the 5k and 10k, and also when Bolt smashed them niggras in the 100/200

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
When the British runner won the 5k and 10k, and also when Bolt smashed them niggras in the 100/200

yeah...that was good, the 5,000 and 10,000.

although those runners look like they're straight out of a "feed the hungry" commercial. makes me wonder if people really are starving in Africa or maybe they're just in really good shape.

CubanSucks
08-13-2012, 01:12 PM
- Phelps putting Lockte in his douchey place (except for their first race)

- Our women swimmers, including my boo Missy Franklin, dominating everything

- Women's vollyball beating Brazil and China in those early games (not that it mattered in the end)

- Women's 4x100 relay

- Men's mile relay. Even though we came in second at least it was to Bahamas and it was exciting the whole way

Hottest athletes were McKayla Maroney and Missy Franklin, edge going to Missy cause we have the same birthday and she seems like the kinda girl you'd fall in love with and marry and have 2 kids with and grow old with and get neighboring graves and matching headstones with

They showed about 15 minutes of the first set that USA dominated. Then all of a sudden they skip to USA 1, Brazil 2 about midway through the set with Brazil way up. The announces are talking about one of the best comeback performances they've seen but NBC totally failed to air it on TV.

I was watching it on a tv across a restaurant a little tipsy and I wasn't sure if they skipped all that or I just saw it wrong cause it was so far. Needless to say I was SUPER fucking bummed seeing our girls lose to those ghetto shits

johnsmith
08-13-2012, 01:12 PM
yeah...that was good, the 5,000 and 10,000.

although those runners look like they're straight out of a "feed the hungry" commercial. makes me wonder if people really are starving in Africa or maybe they're just in really good shape.

:lol

For real too. I actually laughed out loud.

johnsmith
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
I liked the recap show last night. I didn't have to invest any time into the actual events for the entire 2 weeks and let NBC tell me what I should have enjoyed.

And they were right.

johnsmith
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Plus it was set to music....so that made it a lot more dramatic.

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I liked watching the Brazilian bitches with the big asses in womens volleyball.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I liked the recap show last night. I didn't have to invest any time into the actual events for the entire 2 weeks and let NBC tell me what I should have enjoyed.

And they were right.

Yeah...I didn't see the recap show but I saw a bunch of commercials where some sponsor would show several poignant Olympic moments. At some point, maybe they'll get rid of actually doing the Olympics and just provide an interesting back story and staged clips from each sport.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Btw, I'm excluding tennis players because they are supposed to be hot anyway.

I was pretty sold on Alex Morgan but just found this javelin thrower from Paraguay.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/00feat3.jpg

johnsmith
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Btw, I'm excluding tennis players because they are supposed to be hot anyway.

I was pretty sold on Alex Morgan but just found this javelin thrower from Paraguay.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/00feat3.jpg

Lvyern Franco.....or something like that.

She's really gotten me interested in spear throwing.

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Another moment I liked was knowing if the American would win based on how long the coverage was. When I was watching diving the other night I knew the US had the gold locked up once they didn't cut to a new sport after the second or third dive. Conversely, knew it was over for the American women after they won the first set in volleyball and then the coverage jumped way ahead.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Another moment I liked was knowing if the American would win based on how long the coverage was. When I was watching diving the other night I knew the US had the gold locked up once they didn't cut to a new sport after the second or third dive. Conversely, knew it was over for the American women after they won the first set in volleyball and then the coverage jumped way ahead.

yeah...that's a good point...but I think it sucks. I have the same issues with a lot of TV shows. You can tell the outcome by how close it is to the end of programming. At least with the U.S. diver, he might have ended up in 2nd or 3rd. With the US womens volleyball, they're down 2-1 in sets and losing 15 to 6. With only 15 minutes left of programming.

But it was compounded by the fact that they didn't even bother to show the live match earlier in the day.

The Gemini Method
08-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Should be better next go-round as Rio is only one timezone from EST...Kinda weird that it'll start later in the summer on Aug. 5th, but it'll be the best time since it's their winter. That Paraguayan spear thrower is muy caliente.

lefty
08-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Closing ceremony

Because it meant the fucking hype is finally over

The Gemini Method
08-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I actually watched more of these olympics than I have since Atlanta in '96--guess I couldn't really do much anyways this summer. I didn't realize how fast a Freestyle Wrestling match can be.

cantthinkofanything
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I like when those 2 black dudes threw up the black power fists of hate

Lincoln
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM
:lol How can you say McKayla Maroney is hot? I saw finer bitches in highschool tbh

lebomb
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2012/08/mckayla-maroney.jpg

...........meh, the other lil chick is hotter

lebomb
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2012/08/Aly-Raisman3.jpg

...........and she is 18 :eyebrows

Avante
08-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Anytime a barrier goes down it is a very big deal. Watching the Jamaicans destroy the 37.00 barrier and the American women break a record that has stood for decade and break that 41.00 barrier were the highlights for me at these Olympics.

Watching Usain Bolt run is a treat. The fastest human that has ever walked the earth.

Sad to see what has happened to boxing.

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I do have to admit the women's relay team was pretty incredible both in the 4x100 and 4x400. Haha, you knew no one was touching Jamaica in the 4x100 when they had Bolt and the guy who beat Bolt as half their team.

Avante
08-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I do have to admit the women's relay team was pretty incredible both in the 4x100 and 4x400. Haha, you knew no one was touching Jamaica in the 4x100 when they had Bolt and the guy who beat Bolt as half their team.

Keep in mind Bolt usually runs that third leg with Asafa Powell on anchor. They didn't run their "A" team, that would have been...

Nesta Carter
Yohan Blake...that second leg is the longest, he would have really tore it up.
Usian Bolt...despite his height he's fantastic here.
Asafa Powell...has ran some of the fastest anchors ever.

The USA also didn't run their "A" team. Walter Dix is injured.

Reck
08-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I dont think there was any for me.

Avante
08-13-2012, 04:44 PM
This is still the most awe inspiring/incredible accomplishment I've ever seen in Olympic competition.

DEt_Xgg8dzc (http://DEt_Xgg8dzc)

redzero
08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2012/08/Aly-Raisman3.jpg

...........and she is 18 :eyebrows

Her floor performance was amazing.

TE
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't get to watch many of the events like you motherfucks did.

Kindasorta jealous herrrre

CosmicCowboy
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I thought the announcers fawning all over LeBron James nuts after the US won the gold was pretty damn funny...hardly a mention of Kevin Durant...

CubanSucks
08-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Her floor performance was amazing.

:lmao your random avatar and hilarious super accurate portrayal of Drive sig

CubanSucks
08-13-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought the announcers fawning all over LeBron James nuts after the US won the gold was pretty damn funny...hardly a mention of Kevin Durant...

surprise surprise

just thinking about it annoys the hell out of me

Avante
08-13-2012, 05:11 PM
What I didn't like was the big deal made over our Bladerunner. And if he were really good and winning the thing while setting records everyone would be bitching. They let him compete because he's really not all that.

Also tired of watching all those old farts (coaches) hugging every little female gymnast/swimmer who does anytthing.

Slomo
08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
http://i.minus.com/iAzASPnShhwve.jpg

Latarian Milton
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
london hosted a whole mess of olympic shit it seemed to me, and there're quite a few jocular events to be recorded in the olympic history book tbh

:lol stick breaking in 3 pieces

:lol wrong flag for picklebreath women soccer team

:lol asian bitches whoring up the badminton games and disqualified as a punishment

:lol all beds designed for DPG's size