PDA

View Full Version : "Official" Reason's why Kobe > Magic > Jordan

TheNextGen
08-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I wanted to list facts on why Kobe is the greatest NBA player ever.

"Its cuz Jordan had less competition." - pass1st

"I'm not sure Jordan was better than Magic, it depends on who you ask." - pass1st

:lmao

"Jordan had Rodman, Pippen and Longley. Magic only had Kareem." -pass1st

"Gatorade > Vitamin Water....hence MJ had more help then Kobe" - pass1st

rayjayjohnson
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
:lmao longley

Jeff Van Gundy
08-13-2012, 04:32 PM
:lmao not only is pass1st unfunny but stupid at the same time. He must have been lefty's understudy.

namlook
08-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Dumb analysis by one random unknown guy who might be a pimply faced 15 year old deserves a thread?

BanditHiro
08-13-2012, 04:37 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0529/espndb_1997nbachamp_576.jpg

this is the legendary help Jordan had in his career...notice the abundance of white players and the lack of an offensive big.

TheNextGen
08-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Dumb analysis by one random unknown guy who might be a pimply faced 15 year old deserves a thread?

yes. let us proceed.

TheMACHINE
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
"Kobe = TOSB/Lazy Phil Jackson
Magic = Young/Hungry Pat Riley
Jordan = Young/Hungry Phil Jackson

Therefore Jordan had the most help with coaching and Kobe carried Phil Jackson to more rings." -pass1st

Jeff Van Gundy
08-13-2012, 04:44 PM

Well tbh we can just rag on you and your emo public ignore list, but everyone knows how pathetic you are so no thread for you.

TheMACHINE
08-13-2012, 04:48 PM
^^ wow

Bynumite
08-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Damn... Nash and Dwight managed to put the spurstalk Kobe hate fest at an all time high :lmao

Please, take down the Kobe sticky thread, nobody cares about that TOSB

Spurfan proceeds to make 10 Kobe threads per day :lmao

Killakobe81
08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
this is the legendary help Jordan had in his career...notice the abundance of white players and the lack of an offensive big.

Those that rank MJ over Kobe are correct. But this team pic doesn't actually help that argument. Yes there are plenty of white guys and that reflects the type of NBA MJ played in he also had the benefit of playing a bunch of slowfooted whiteboys too

stretch
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Longley??? :lmao

Only Kareem? yeah, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Bob McAdoo, AC Green, Mychael Thompson, Jamaal Wilkes, and Michael Cooper were apparently completely average players. Not to mention the fact that Kareem is probably the second greatest player in NBA history.

Clipper Nation
08-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn... Nash and Dwight managed to put the spurstalk Kobe hate fest at an all time high :lmao

Spurfan proceeds to make 10 Kobe threads per day :lmao

Actually, this is a pass1st's shitty takes thread, B....

Clipper Nation
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
:cry "Dickey Simpkins was better than any 11th option Kobrick ever had not named Shaq!" :cry

mindcrime
08-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Those that rank MJ over Kobe are correct. But this team pic doesn't actually help that argument. Yes there are plenty of white guys and that reflects the type of NBA MJ played in he also had the benefit of playing a bunch of slowfooted whiteboys too

No shortage of those type of players during Kobe's reign tbh.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/uploaded_images/bradmiller-753166.jpg

TheMACHINE
08-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Longley??? :lmao

Only Kareem? yeah, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Bob McAdoo, AC Green, Mychael Thompson, Jamaal Wilkes, and Michael Cooper were apparently completely average players. Not to mention the fact that Kareem is probably the second greatest player in NBA history.

i thought he also listed Steve Kerr, but pass1st deleted all his comments from the threads...thats why his post count has gone down.

Ashy Larry
08-13-2012, 06:24 PM
I wanted to list facts on why Kobe is the greatest NBA player ever.

"Gatorade > Vitamin Water....hence MJ had more help then Kobe" - pass1st

Those statements just can't be true ......... :lmao

Ashy Larry
08-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I always say if you take away the two fan bases (Chicago and L.A. Lakers), the other 28 would more than likely side with Mike.

I was rollin' on that Crip Line through downtown and couldn't help but listen to two 18th street gang members say Kobe is better than Mike because he score 81 points in a single game .......

I wanted to debate them but they were probably strapped and I'm not gonna die over some dumb shit like Kobe > Mike

TheMACHINE
08-13-2012, 06:28 PM
oh..don't forget

"Kobe had to play against team defense with constant double teams. MJ just had to go 1vs1 against white TOSB dudes." -pass1st

Ashy Larry
08-13-2012, 06:33 PM
One of my favorite lines most Kobe homers use is the infamous: Kobe played against a zone

DPG21920
08-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Iggy has had a long career.

pass1st
08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Those statements just can't be true ......... :lmao

Just Machine's shtick after I referenced his inability to comprehend the game of boxing and mocking his obsession with Pacquiao, tbh. They haven't been able to find where I said any of that yet :lol

baseline bum
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0529/espndb_1997nbachamp_576.jpg

Son, #00 had 23,000 points at the center; as you can see, Kobe's not the only one to win rings with a dominant 5, real talk.

Ashy Larry
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Just Machine's shtick after I referenced his inability to comprehend the game of boxing and mocking his obsession with Pacquiao, tbh. They haven't been able to find where I said any of that yet :lol

well, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit .... innocent until proven guilty.

pass1st
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
well, if the glove don't fit, you must acquit .... innocent until proven guilty.

:lol Just his trolling shtick, already posted this and it was ignored
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5376437&postcount=230

Not really my top 10 anymore, but I never thought Jordan wasn't #1 or Kobe was near top 5

Killakobe81
08-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I always say if you take away the two fan bases (Chicago and L.A. Lakers), the other 28 would more than likely side with Mike.

I was rollin' on that Crip Line through downtown and couldn't help but listen to two 18th street gang members say Kobe is better than Mike because he score 81 points in a single game .......

I wanted to debate them but they were probably strapped and I'm not gonna die over some dumb shit like Kobe > Mike

LOL the thing is that yes Kobe fanbois may have some points. But the only one that matters is MJ is better than Kobe. Yes MJ had some advantages but give MJ Shaq or Pau and he still wins at y least 6 ..and 6>5

lefty
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
:lmao not only is pass1st unfunny but stupid at the same time. He must have been lefty's understudy.

I'm your understudy TBH :lmao

Clipper Nation
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
:cry "Maybe if I go back and delete my shitty takes, nobody will remember them!" :cry

pass1st
08-13-2012, 08:47 PM
:cry "Maybe if I go back and delete my shitty takes, nobody will remember them!" :cry

:cry"I can't find shit so I'll say it's there anyways.:cry

TheGreatest23
08-13-2012, 09:07 PM
:cry" but but Kobe > Jordan .:cry

TheNextGen
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
"Youngest to 30,000 points....just sayin'..."

Jeff Van Gundy
12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Nice bump.

:lol Jordan had Longley and Harper

Ashy Larry
12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
brutal ...... never go with that youngest bullshit .......... go with the fastest to 30K ......

Wilt
MJ
I think Malone is next
Cap and then Bean

Nonetheless, still a great accomplishment......

Koolaid_Man
12-06-2012, 02:12 PM

:lmao :lmao you was deep in it...I've been in situations like that..trust me lil stature niggas talking non stop shit are always strapped:lmao always...I had a kid pull a gun on me on the court and I was thought it was my day...His homeboy talked him down and they left...I was scared shitless that day...

but I don't think Kobe was better than Mike all-around...but I do believe that he was better at certain things than MJ....I don't think MJ was that much better than Kobe...a prime Kobe could easily beat a prime MJ and vice versa...let's be real MJ never had to play against a player of Kobe's calibur..NEVER...on the other hand Kobe has played players that were way more athletic and gifted than what MJ faced at his position...Given all the defensive players that earned a living just guarding Kobe I'd venture to say Kobe is the only one that could have played in that 80's era...but MJ is closer to having pure African blood in him and he was relentless like an African tribesman on the hunt...I bet if we traced their lineage MJ would be pure African bred / blood while Kobe has some white blood in him and less mongoloid or aggressive...and that would explain the subtle difference between the two ..but he was dam near close...

Brunodf
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Kobe was a better role player than MJ.

MJ averaged 0 points as a role player
Kobe average 25.

That's a fact, ladies and gents

lefty
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
:lol

TheMACHINE
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
"Youngest to 30,000 points....just sayin'..."

lol pass1st

Juggity
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Wilt
MJ
I think Malone is next
Cap and then Bean

:lol Is this a joke? Malone as the third best NBA player of all time? Wilt as the best? Kobe as the 5th?

Edit: Oh, I see, you're talking about the 30K club

JRHernandez88
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Kobe was a better role player than MJ.

MJ averaged 0 points as a role player
Kobe average 25.

That's a fact, ladies and gents:lmao

LkrFan
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
brutal ...... never go with that youngest bullshit .......... go with the fastest to 30K ......

Wilt
MJ
I think Malone is next
Cap and then Bean

Nonetheless, still a great accomplishment......
Agreed, but Kobe came in not getting a lot of PT his first two years (rightfully so because EJ was a good player and deserved to start - at least until Kobe emerged). For Kobe to get there as fast as he did is a testament to his greatness, tbh. He would have gotten to 30K early last year if he came in the league playing starter's minutes IMO. He's just that good.

LkrFan
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
:lmao :lmao Is this a joke? Malone as the third best NBA player of all time? Wilt as the best? Kobe as the 5th?
Can you read? Where did he say Wilt was the greatest? He was talking fastest to 30K numbnutz. :lol

Juggity
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Can you read? Where did he say Wilt was the greatest? He was talking fastest to 30K numbnutz. :lol

I already edited my post with that info. The topic is about GOAT players, so I assumed.

It would of course, be preposterous to include Kobe on a top 5 GOAT list.

Ashy Larry
12-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I already edited my post with that info. The topic is about GOAT players, so I assumed.

It would of course, be preposterous to include Kobe on a top 5 GOAT list.

If you're going with a GOAT list, the only two names that can be at the number one spot is Jabbar or Jordan. People forget how dominant Kareem really was and is probably the most overlooked top 5 player ever......

whitemamba
12-08-2012, 10:39 PM
:lol Is this a joke? Malone as the third best NBA player of all time? Wilt as the best? Kobe as the 5th?

Edit: Oh, I see, you're talking about the 30K club

malone is number 3? how do you have someone that never got it done in your top 3? yeah personally he was a great player.. but top 3?

midnightpulp
12-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Agreed, but Kobe came in not getting a lot of PT his first two years (rightfully so because EJ was a good player and deserved to start - at least until Kobe emerged). For Kobe to get there as fast as he did is a testament to how much he shoots, tbh. He would have gotten to 30K early last year if he came in the league playing starter's minutes IMO. He just shoots that much.

Fify cent.