PDA

View Full Version : Forecasting Weather Is A Dangerous Job

xrayzebra
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Okay, you tell me why NWS needs to arm itself.

National Weather Service Follows DHS In Huge Ammo Purchase

http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-follows-dhs-in-huge-ammo-purchase/

Winehole23
08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
why don't you tell us?

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
why don't you tell us?

you don't think it's interesting?

clambake
08-14-2012, 11:27 AM
saving up for a rainy day?

its raining lead?

Winehole23
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
@cantthink: sure, but I've no idea why.

Drachen
looters in the aftermath of a weather event? I don't know, what is your simple explanation which doesn't involve hundreds (or thousands) of people keeping the same perfect secret.

cantthinkofanything
@cantthink: sure, but I've no idea why.

same here

Drachen
its raining lead?

halleluiah?

clambake
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
old man shoots at cloud?

clambake
08-14-2012, 11:32 AM
.40 is an awesome round.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Those amounts really don't seem that high to me if you have people who need to go to ranges. It makes sense to me that NOAA employees would need to fire rifles i certain situations related to wildlife.

TeyshaBlue
08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniformed_services_of_the_United_States

Uniformed services

The seven uniformed services are, in order of precedence by ceremonial formation:[5]
United States Army
United States Marine Corps
United States Navy
United States Air Force
United States Coast Guard
United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps
Each of the uniformed services is administratively headed by a federal executive department and its corresponding civilian Cabinet leader.

TeyshaBlue
08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
lol infowars

Winehole23
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniformed_services_of_the_United_States

Uniformed services

The seven uniformed services are, in order of precedence by ceremonial formation:[5]
United States Army
United States Marine Corps
United States Navy
United States Air Force
United States Coast Guard
United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps
Each of the uniformed services is administratively headed by a federal executive department and its corresponding civilian Cabinet leader.ah thanks. did not know that.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Actually - I wonder if NOAA has to run their own security service. Their facilities have high security in some situations because of the satellite data they have access too.

Edit: Too slow - TB figured it out.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
:lmao that is awesome though. NOAA has an army!

Halberto
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
lol Alex Jones

CosmicCowboy
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Sheeeutt...You don't want Dirk Pitt to be well armed? Fucking communists....:lol

ChumpDumper
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Alex Jones hooked another poster.

Drachen
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
TB doesn't like the smell of intellectual dishonesty.

TeyshaBlue
08-14-2012, 12:16 PM
*takes shower*

Latarian Milton
08-14-2012, 07:58 PM
i think if they can forecast or predict the weather a bit more accurately then i suppose their jobs would be less dangerous, but its like asking barrack obama to be a smart president tbh

Yonivore
08-14-2012, 08:06 PM
There could be a legitimate reason to arm some personnel at some weather facilities. Particularly those in remote or wilderness areas (or where personnel travel to remote or wilderness areas to service equipment and facilities).

It's not an extraordinary number of rounds.

mavs>spurs
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
What's even scarier is that they are hollowpoints, which are illegal to use even in war.

They'll need to defend their weather weapons during the manufactured collapse in case the people wise up.

Winehole23
08-14-2012, 09:41 PM
weather weapons? more HAARP bullshit?

SnakeBoy
08-14-2012, 10:36 PM
UPDATE: The Washington Post now reports, via a statement from NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen, that the original solicitation contained a “clerical error” and that the “solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA’s National Weather Service as the requesting office.” This still doesn’t explain why hollow point bullets, designed to cause maximum organ damage, are needed for shooting at paper targets. Was the delivery of the bullets to the NWS a cover for them being transferred somewhere else? It’s entirely possible given the sordid history of Fast and Furious, a federal government program under which guns were sent directly to Mexican drug cartels.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2012, 11:05 PM
:lmao Weather Weapons.

DMC
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
The reason LEOs use HPs is that the FMJ and flat tips tend to over penetrate and become a liability for bystanders. Hollow points mushroom and deliver maximum kinetic energy to the target area (vitals) and most often remain inside the target. No one is shooting people to just poke ventilation holes in them.

In combat, the .223 FMJ would pop holes in the enemy and the enemy would keep coming. They have switched to hollow point rounds on many of their teams and they drop the target now more quickly than before.

There's nothing that says they are going to shoot paper targets with hollow point rounds. It's likely they are ordering supplies and they need more paper targets.

Game Wardens are LEOs and they need sidearms.

Gun ignorant people crack me up when they start trying to use gun terminology and have no idea what any of it means. The concept that shooting someone can be less aggressive based on the round is laughable at best, mostly it's naive.

Wild Cobra
08-15-2012, 03:17 AM
weather weapons? more HAARP bullshit?

Maybe we should start calling the trolls, or the conspiracy therorists...

Haarpies!

CosmicCowboy
08-15-2012, 08:20 AM
The reason LEOs use HPs is that the FMJ and flat tips tend to over penetrate and become a liability for bystanders. Hollow points mushroom and deliver maximum kinetic energy to the target area (vitals) and most often remain inside the target. No one is shooting people to just poke ventilation holes in them.

In combat, the .223 FMJ would pop holes in the enemy and the enemy would keep coming. They have switched to hollow point rounds on many of their teams and they drop the target now more quickly than before.

There's nothing that says they are going to shoot paper targets with hollow point rounds. It's likely they are ordering supplies and they need more paper targets.

Game Wardens are LEOs and they need sidearms.

Gun ignorant people crack me up when they start trying to use gun terminology and have no idea what any of it means. The concept that shooting someone can be less aggressive based on the round is laughable at best, mostly it's naive.

Actually, the original theory behind shooting FMJ's in a battlefield situation is that they WANTED to wound and not kill. It takes the recipient of the round out of action and also takes one or two able bodied opponents out of the action to carry/transport/take care the wounded soldier.