PDA

View Full Version : Robinson calling out LA; says they are still a few moves from challenging SA

Dex
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/august/the-admiral-lakers-still-a-few-moves-away-from-challenging-spurs.html

:lol

I love D-Rob, but I'm pretty sure his homer glasses are getting the best of him here...

Killakobe81
08-14-2012, 01:09 PM
The spur fans on the site the article were pulled from are some delusional bastards ... "I wouldnt trade Corey Joseph for Kobe" ...:lmao

-21-
08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol Maybe he can come out of retirement and teach Dwight a lesson.

Killakobe81
08-14-2012, 01:29 PM
I actually have grown to like David robinson. He is overrated by plenty of Spur fans but vastly underrated by most other fan-bases, mostly because Hakeem emasculated him in a series when Hakeem was the best player in the world (not counting MJ who was busy swinging bats) ...that should not erase what a great career he had. He would easily be the best center if he played in 2012 instead of 1992 ...

If you watch any of the 1992 Dream Team highlights the players who stand out athletically are: MJ, Chuck, Pippen, clyde and David. David was so quick and athletic in 1991 he could beat guards from one end to the other. Great athlete. And when I lived in SA maybe only Bowen was his rival in the community.

cantthinkofanything
08-14-2012, 01:32 PM
I actually have grown to like David robinson. He is overrated by plenty of Spur fans but vastly underrated by most other fan-bases, mostly because Hakeem emasculated him in a series when Hakeem was the best player in the world (not counting MJ who was busy swinging bats) ...that should not erase what a great career he had. He would easily be the best center if he played in 2012 instead of 1992 ...

If you watch any of the 1992 Dream Team highlights the players who stand out athletically are: MJ, Chuck, Pippen, clyde and David. David was so quick and athletic in 1991 he could beat guards from one end to the other. Great athlete. And when I lived in SA maybe only Bowen was his rival in the community.

If DRob had Hakeem's skill set, he'd be the top center of all time.

ChumpDumper
08-14-2012, 01:34 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/august/the-admiral-lakers-still-a-few-moves-away-from-challenging-spurs.html

:lol

I love D-Rob, but I'm pretty sure his homer glasses are getting the best of him here...Seems sarcastic.

bklynspursfan
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Him and Magic used to have friendly banter during the season when the teams played. I'm sure this was just trash talking. I know D-Rob doesn't really think that lol

Sportcamper
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Robinson put San Antonio on the map…Can't believe Pop tried to dump him for Chris Webber….

Budkin
08-14-2012, 04:38 PM
If Dwight is healthy no one is stopping the Lakers. Too many weapons that fit nicely together.

ohmwrecker
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Seems sarcastic.

Ya think?

anonoftheinternets
08-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Ya think?

well apparently op thinks hes a homer with homer glasses :lol, so apparently not so obvious.

Dex
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
David doesn't really strike me as the sarcastic type, nor the type to backhandedly diss the Spurs.

anonoftheinternets
08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
David doesn't really strike me as the sarcastic type, nor the type to backhandedly diss the Spurs.

It's just tongue in cheek, taking a dig @ magic, nothing malicious... so yea its not a "serious" homer comment. I think everyone is aware of how strong the lakers appear to be next season.

Sean Cagney
08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
It's just tongue in cheek, taking a dig @ magic, nothing malicious... so yea its not a "serious" homer comment. I think everyone is aware of how strong the lakers appear to be next season.

They appear to be strong if they can gel and Kobe can hold up as well as Nash, a few ifs but I think they will be a very good team. I wish they stayed down damnit lol, loved them being knocked out the last two years and wanted them gone as a Laker hater! I knew that would not last, not with their dough and the front office.

anonoftheinternets
08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
They appear to be strong if they can gel and Kobe can hold up as well as Nash, a few ifs but I think they will be a very good team. I wish they stayed down damnit lol, loved them being knocked out the last two years and wanted them gone as a Laker hater! I knew that would not last, not with their dough and the front office.

well its going to take a pretty poor effort/historically enjoyable failure if the lakers dont make it to NBA finals with their starters as Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard. Despite their age, that is 4 HOF worthy players.

:hungry::hungry: Here's to hoping for their failure,
and another suprising performance by them spurs... :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-14-2012, 10:18 PM

:tu

One thing about the "Hakeem emasculation" - DRob had to play Hakeem straight up because The Dream was surrounded by deadly 3pt shooters, while DRob was continually doubled because the Spurs' outside shooting wasn't very reliable. Hakeem was still the best player in the world at the time (as you said), but DRob had a far worse supporting cast which didn't help him.

ohmwrecker
08-14-2012, 11:34 PM

You should ask him the next time you guys are hanging out.

Russo21
08-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Just seems like sarcastic friendly banter between two old pals. It's good where two mature people can go back n forth and not become nasty. Just because David didn't emphasise this fact with an 'lol' at the end the sarcasm isnt so obvious. Jeff Garcia must be a bit simple.

On this matter.. I didnt know David was on Twitter. I'll follow him now lol :-)

lakerhaterade
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
You should ask him the next time you guys are hanging out.

Maybe you should do that, considering your sexuality.

It'll be two good things for you at once.

callo1
08-15-2012, 12:25 AM

One thing about the "Hakeem emasculation" - DRob had to play Hakeem straight up because The Dream was surrounded by deadly 3pt shooters, while DRob was continually doubled because the Spurs' outside shooting wasn't very reliable. Hakeem was still the best player in the world at the time (as you said), but DRob had a far worse supporting cast which didn't help him.

^^^^^^
This

I will never downplay the extreme talent of Hakeem, but I find it amusing that most people either didn't even see that series, or don't know what they saw. I was there, I saw it first hand. RuffnReadyOzStyle hit the nail right on the head. The Rockets gave Hakeem SO much more room to operate and thus put Dave on an island due to their three point shooters wheras the Spurs inability to spread the floor put D'rob in prison down low.

Hakeem and D'rob are both fantastic players. That year the Rockets were in full belief of their destiny, much the same way the Spurs were after in '99.

Kidd K
08-15-2012, 01:16 AM

Overrated series imo. Hakeem put on a scoring clinic, sure, but mostly against Rodman (contrary to the ONLY few highlights of him scoring on DRobthat are always shown to "recap" the whole series). DRob doesn't get enough credit for everything else he did, and Hakeem gets way too much for "beating Robinson" when Rodman was the one getting torched most of the time.

Robinson's stats for that playoff series:

23.8 PPG
11.3 RPG
2.7 APG
1.5 SPG
2.2 BPG
45% FG%
78% FT%

Those are very good stats that everyone ignores. It's just that Hakeem scored a boatload since he took 11 more shots per game due to Rodman matadoring him so much to show his ass to the coaching staff.

Robinson's also 30-12 against Hakeem in head to head matchups, and nearly identical stats against eachother bsides scoring, where Hakeem took a handful more shots, scored an extra couple points because of it, yet shot 5% worse than DRob. and lost to Robinson over 70% of the time.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Overrated series imo. Hakeem put on a scoring clinic, sure, but mostly against Rodman (contrary to the ONLY few highlights of him scoring on DRobthat are always shown to "recap" the whole series). DRob doesn't get enough credit for everything else he did, and Hakeem gets way too much for "beating Robinson" when Rodman was the one getting torched most of the time.

Robinson's stats for that playoff series:

23.8 PPG
11.3 RPG
2.7 APG
1.5 SPG
2.2 BPG
45% FG%
78% FT%

Those are very good stats that everyone ignores. It's just that Hakeem scored a boatload since he took 11 more shots per game due to Rodman matadoring him so much to show his ass to the coaching staff.

Robinson's also 30-12 against Hakeem in head to head matchups, and nearly identical stats against eachother bsides scoring, where Hakeem took a handful more shots, scored an extra couple points because of it, yet shot 5% worse than DRob. and lost to Robinson over 70% of the time.
That's all well and good, but nobody really remembers that. Bring up Robinson and Dream and you don't think "Well, David had a 30-12 record against him blah blah blah."

No, the first and ONLY thing that comes to mind is the beatdown in the WCF. You may not think that's fair, but that's simply how it is.

Venti Quattro
08-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Robinson bible-thumping Rodman is even going to be more remembered than his 30-12 record over Hakeem.

ohmwrecker
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Maybe you should do that, considering your sexuality.

It'll be two good things for you at once.

I have not idea who you are and I can't imagine why you are so obviously pained in your rectum, but since you are, you probably should refrain from calling into question anyone else's sexuality.

lakerhaterade
08-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I have not idea who you are and I can't imagine why you are so obviously pained in your rectum, but since you are, you probably should refrain from calling into question anyone else's sexuality.

Newbie here, so you can't really go on that route of attack. I, however, can say the same about you considering your posting history. You're as shitty as they come...or as you like to call it, wacky.

Fag off.

100%duncan
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Dayuuum Admiral

Ice009
08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Robinson bible-thumping Rodman is even going to be more remembered than his 30-12 record over Hakeem.

That's great, but we all know how good D-Rob was, even if you don't want to admit it. Hakeem was just a little bit better, but not a whole lot better like people think from that one series.

Oh, and D-Rob would take Dwight Howard to school.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 09:30 PM
That's great, but we all know how good D-Rob was, even if you don't want to admit it. Hakeem was just a little bit better, but not much better like people think from that one series.

Oh, and D-Rob would destroy Dwight Howard.
Dwight lead his team to a Finals, beating a heavily favored opponent in the ECF to boot. D-Rob got buttfucked at home in his WCF matchup, and failed to ever lead his team to a Finals in a grab-bag WC.

That's a fact, not opinion. Stings, don't it?

Ice009
08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Dwight lead his team to a Finals, beating a heavily favored opponent in the ECF to boot. D-Rob got buttfucked at home in his WCF matchup, and failed to ever lead his team to a Finals in a grab-bag WC.

It doesn't sting, because it is a pathetic take.

Did Howard face a prime Olajuwon with clutch 3 point shooters all around him when the Magic went to the finals?

D-Rob would completely and utterly destroy Howard.

Howard isn't anywhere near Olajuwon, O'neal or Robinson.

Go and get excited over your Howard signing, but don't come in here all delusional.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
PATHETIC EFFORT on your part.
I presented facts, you presented opinions. Try again, Johnny.:lol

Dwight=led team to Finals.
DRob=never led team to Finals.

It's an indisputable fact. Sorry, slugger:(

Ice009
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
I presented facts, you presented opinions. Try again, Johnny.:lol

Dwight=led team to Finals.
DRob=never led team to Finals.

It's an indisputable fact. Sorry, slugger:(

Nash never made it to the finals, does that mean Derek Fisher is better than him?

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Nash never made it to the finals, does that mean Derek Fisher is better than him?
Going for the Trent Dilfer defense this early?:lmao

Derek Fisher is not a star, he is a role player. Dwight Howard is a star (nobody disputes that), as was D-Rob. We're comparing stars. One led his team to a Finals while the other didn't.

I'm sorry you can't accept this.

Juggity
08-15-2012, 10:30 PM

Walk away, son. Ya got baited.

ohmwrecker
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Newbie here, so you can't really go on that route of attack. I, however, can say the same about you considering your posting history. You're as shitty as they come...or as you like to call it, wacky.

Fag off.

I can and I did. Which is it, genius? Are you a newbie, or are you an expert on my "posting history"? I hope you are a newb and you are talking out of your ass, because you really aren't very good at this. Not sure how I offended you seeing as how I have not a clue who you are and have never directly addressed you, but you have some issues that can't be resolved on a basketball forum. You seem angry and somewhat abnormally obsessed with homosexuality. I hope you get the help you need and wish you the best.

lakerhaterade
08-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I can and I did. Which is it, genius? Are you a newbie, or are you an expert on my "posting history"? I hope you are a newb and you are talking out of your ass, because you really aren't very good at this. Not sure how I offended you seeing as how I have not a clue who you are and have never directly addressed you, but you have some issues that can't be resolved on a basketball forum. You seem angry and somewhat abnormally obsessed with homosexuality. I hope you get the help you need and wish you the best.

:lol playing the obsession card = that's when you know you've wwon an internetz argument!
:lol supporting RJ
:lol riding his aids infested wiener
:lol DPG wannabe with the "i can help you and wish you the best" bads
:lol horrible fucking poster with a cuckingfunt-esque posting style

ohmwrecker
08-16-2012, 12:00 AM
:lol playing the obsession card = that's when you know you've wwon an internetz argument!
:lol supporting RJ
:lol riding his aids infested wiener
:lol DPG wannabe with the "i can help you and wish you the best" bads
:lol horrible fucking poster with a cuckingfunt-esque posting style

Resorting to :lol lists = avoiding your issues or having an point
Claiming to be a newbie, but "knowing" everything about every poster on the board
I am not qualified to help you and I never claimed I could.
You calling out someone else for being a horrible poster like anyone gives a shit about your opinion.

Taking this way too seriously, tbh.

Ice009
08-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Going for the Trent Dilfer defense this early?:lmao

Derek Fisher is not a star, he is a role player. Dwight Howard is a star (nobody disputes that), as was D-Rob. We're comparing stars. One led his team to a Finals while the other didn't.

I'm sorry you can't accept this.

Trolling aside, you're trying to say that Dwight is better because his team made the finals. That's not a fact either, just trolling on your part.

Trying to tell me that I don't accept that he's better because of that fact is PLAIN RETARDED. Dwight got clutch performances from other teammates, he didn't do all the work himself. If it wasn't for clutch games/shots from Hedo, Howard never would have made it to the finals. Something Robinson's teammates never came up with. None of those teams that they beat were better than the '95 Rockets, you could even say the Lakers who beat them in the finals weren't as good as the '95 Rockets.

As for who the better player is, that can only be discussed by people's opinion because there is no facts that say someone is better than anyone else.

Either way, opinion or not, Prime D-Rob is a better player than Howard.

Sean Cagney
08-16-2012, 01:27 AM

LOL Dwight Howard in the land of the weak ass Centers. He is second rate in the Hakeem and D Rob Days, period. Dude is good yes but he is not a great player like they were stop it clown.

D ROB in his prime was light years ahead of your little new baby Howard, stop your bullshit troll..... Howard is limited offensively, D Rob was a way better scorer on any level and Howard would tell you that as well. Respond back I will laugh, I will laugh in your fucking face and drink a beer and laugh again.

spurs10
08-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Trolling aside, you're trying to say that Dwight is better because his team made the finals. That's not a fact either, just trolling on your part.

Trying to tell me that I don't accept that he's better because of that fact is PLAIN RETARDED. Dwight got clutch performances from other teammates, he didn't do all the work himself. If it wasn't for clutch games/shots from Hedo, Howard never would have made it to the finals. Something Robinson's teammates never came up with. None of those teams that they beat were better than the '95 Rockets, you could even say the Lakers who beat them in the finals weren't as good as the '95 Rockets.

As for who the better player is, that can only be discussed by people's opinion because there is no facts that say someone is better than anyone else.

Either way, opinion or not, Prime D-Rob is a better player than Howard.
David is a wee bit more accomplished doncha think?? :lol Double D should ask Dwight, and Durant for that matter, if they'd like to trade their " I led my team to the Finals, once, before I got ass raped on national television" ring with Hall of Fame member, David Robinson's NBA Championship rings. :rolleyes

therealtruth
08-16-2012, 07:33 AM
LOL Dwight Howard in the land of the weak ass Centers. He is second rate in the Hakeem and D Rob Days, period. Dude is good yes but he is not a great player like they were stop it clown.

D ROB in his prime was light years ahead of your little new baby Howard, stop your bullshit troll..... Howard is limited offensively, D Rob was a way better scorer on any level and Howard would tell you that as well. Respond back I will laugh, I will laugh in your fucking face and drink a beer and laugh again.

DRob's game was first built on athleticism like Dwight and he was still more athletic.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 09:45 AM
David is a wee bit more accomplished doncha think?? :lol Double D should ask Dwight, and Durant for that matter, if they'd like to trade their " I led my team to the Finals, once, before I got ass raped on national television" ring with Hall of Fame member, David Robinson's NBA Championship rings. :rolleyes

David Robinson won rings the same way Bill Cartwright won rings. Congrats, I guess.

Bill_Brasky
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Yeah but DRob woulda probably gotten there if he hadn't had to face Dream.

Do you think Howard woulda got past Hakeen with his one post move? Didn't think so.

spurs10
08-16-2012, 01:01 PM
David Robinson won rings the same way Bill Cartwright won rings. Congrats, I guess.
Thanks, I guess. Kobe. Lebron, and many of the best in the game have faltered mightily without the right supporting teammates. I'd get your point if we were talking about fencing. Perhaps Pippen and David make a better analogy than Cartwright and David, as David was a leader on and off the court. Then again, who knows what the Bulls would have looked like without BC.
In the end it's about winning.....and the Hall Of Fame of course. Dwight is not a first ballot HOFer......yet.

Sean Cagney
08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
DRob's game was first built on athleticism like Dwight and he was still more athletic.
Yes you are right. He was better on offense too overall, way better jumper.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
David was a leader on and off the court.
He never led them to anything but playoff failure. All the "He was our spiritual leader!!:cry" happy horseshit means nothing. It's how you lead on the court. Luckily for the Spurs, though, they drafted a true leader in Tim Duncan--who saved Davey's bitch ass.

Clipper Nation
08-16-2012, 03:03 PM

And so far, Dwight has won rings the way Karl Malone won rings.... :lol

ambchang
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I guess the same applies to Kobe then.
Missing playoffs
1st round exit
Another 1st round exit

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Cool, a Kobe joke! lol ambchang

I don't give a shit, b/c I don't worship him. You, otoh, have Robinson's cock jammed down your throat.

He's a loser. Clyde Drexler, Barkley, Dream, Cokehead Shawn Kemp, and Mailman all lead their respective teams to the Finals. D-Rob could not b/c he was bitchmade. Get over it.

TD 21
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Cool, a Kobe joke! lol ambchang

I don't give a shit, b/c I don't worship him. You, otoh, have Robinson's cock jammed down your throat.

He's a loser. Clyde Drexler, Barkley, Dream, Cokehead Shawn Kemp, and Mailman all lead their respective teams to the Finals. D-Rob could not b/c he was bitchmade. Get over it.

More like, he didn't have nearly as many chances as the vast majority of them. People forget, but Robinson really only played seven seasons (he played six games in the eighth) before Duncan arrived. You look at how long it took the majority of the players you mentioned to make it to the Finals and other than Olajuwon, they all took either as long (in Kemp's case) or longer (in every other case) and other than Drexler, they all had another legit star on their team, something Robinson never had until Duncan arrived.

Maybe Robinson was just the Garnett of his era and it didn't matter how many chances he had as the lead player, he wasn't going to break through. Partially because of certain flaws he had, partially because of the lack of talent surrounding him. But he was such a physical specimen and statistical beast that it would be ridiculous to say unequivocally that he could not at least get to the Finals.

At this writing, I don't see any argument for Howard being better than Robinson. Robinson was as good or better at everything other than rebounding, as the advanced stats bear out. And many of the flaws Robinson possessed, Howard does too. It's not like you can say, Howard was a better leader, or more of a "warrior" or better in the clutch, etc.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 05:04 PM
He only played seven seasons w/o Duncan, of which his ppg dropped from the regular season to the playoffs EVERY year. Way to show up when it matters, Davey..."bu-bu-but he had a bad team!:cry" Yes, the same team that had no problems winning 55-60 games every year in that same WC. Matter of fact, Davey has lost 3 or 4 playoff series where he had HCA.

He's a nice guy. He quotes scripture. He loses playoff games.

TD 21
08-16-2012, 05:25 PM
He only played seven seasons w/o Duncan, of which his ppg dropped from the regular season to the playoffs EVERY year. Way to show up when it matters, Davey..."bu-bu-but he had a bad team!:cry" Yes, the same team that had no problems winning 55-60 games every year in that same WC. Matter of fact, Davey has lost 3 or 4 playoff series where he had HCA.

He's a nice guy. He quotes scripture. He loses playoff games.

Most players ppg drops from the regular season to the playoffs. Check the stats, you'll be surprised at how few players numbers go up and the ones that do are the all time greats (McGrady's an exception, but he was an all time great talent). I never said he had a bad team, I said he lacked a second star, which is indisputable. A great center, in his prime, is all but assured of winning at least 50 games, no matter who's surrounding him. But in the playoffs, history shows that, unless you're '94 Olajuwon or '03 Duncan, you need another star. No, Howard didn't have one either. But here's what he had: the team that would have beaten his was missing their best player in the playoffs and the only other credible team in the conference was even more flawed than his team. Put prime Robinson in his shoes and the Magic still make the Finals.

Say the Spurs never land Duncan, which would have given Robinson 3-5 more prime or near prime seasons as the lead dog and let's presume they bring in someone credible to help him as he ages. Maybe not a true star, just someone who was at least All-Star caliber. You're telling me there wasn't at least a fairly good chance of him getting to a Finals? The Jazz were a very good team, but the West was there for the taking from 97-01.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Most players ppg drops from the regular season to the playoffs. Check the stats, you'll be surprised at how few players numbers go up and the ones that do are the all time greats (McGrady's an exception, but he was an all time great talent). I never said he had a bad team, I said he lacked a second star, which is indisputable. A great center, in his prime, is all but assured of winning at least 50 games, no matter who's surrounding him. But in the playoffs, history shows that, unless you're '94 Olajuwon or '03 Duncan, you need another star. No, Howard didn't have one either. But here's what he had: the team that would have beaten his was missing their best player in the playoffs and the only other credible team in the conference was even more flawed than his team. Put prime Robinson in his shoes and the Magic still make the Finals.

Say the Spurs never land Duncan, which would have given Robinson 3-5 more prime or near prime seasons as the lead dog and let's presume they bring in someone credible to help him as he ages. Maybe not a true star, just someone who was at least All-Star caliber. You're telling me there wasn't at least a fairly good chance of him getting to a Finals? The Jazz were a very good team, but the West was there for the taking from 97-01.

YGRPtOZ8PMk

What a complete pile of fuck that post was. Where to begin...

Most players ppg drops from the regular season to the playoffs. Check the stats,

I did. Dream, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Shaq, and the like all had a number of seasons where their playoff #'s increased. D-Rob had NONE before the Duncan era (and only 2 during it). Not one year did he improve his ppg in the playoffs. Why not?

2. :lolDisqualifying Howards' Finals Run, despite the fact that he had to go on the road to beat the C's and Cavs. The Cavs were 40-1 at home that year, too. D-Rob consistently played in the friendly confines and got ousted nonetheless.

3. lol thinking D-Rob plus (insert player not named Duncan here) has any chance of beating Utah in 97 or 98, as well as the 2000 or 2001 Lakers. Not even God could beat the 2001 Lakers in a series. I'm not even taking into account 1999, b/c that was such a sham of a season. A Fucking 8th seed was in the Finals...

TD 21
08-16-2012, 06:00 PM
YGRPtOZ8PMk

What a complete pile of fuck that post was. Where to begin...

I did. Dream, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Shaq, and the like all had a number of seasons where their playoff #'s increased. D-Rob had NONE before the Duncan era (and only 2 during it). Not one year did he improve his ppg in the playoffs. Why not?

2. :lolDisqualifying Howards' Finals Run, despite the fact that he had to go on the road to beat the C's and Cavs. The Cavs were 40-1 at home that year, too. D-Rob consistently played in the friendly confines and got ousted nonetheless.

3. lol thinking D-Rob plus (insert player not named Duncan here) has any chance of beating Utah in 97 or 98, as well as the 2000 or 2001 Lakers. Not even God could beat the 2001 Lakers in a series. I'm not even taking into account 1999, b/c that was such a sham of a season. A Fucking 8th seed was in the Finals...

1. You really are dumb. I said "most players", not "most great big men from the 90s". And I didn't say anything about "individual seasons", I was speaking strictly about overall.

2. I'm not disqualifying "Howards' Finals Run"; I'm qualifying it. Just like the Lakers titles in '00 (Duncan missed playoffs), '02 (Kings debacle), '09 (Garnett missed playoffs) and '10 (Perkins missed game 7), should be qualified.

3. I said until '01. The '00 Lakers were highly vulnerable, which is why a starless Trail Blazers team had them on the brink (on the road, no less) with a quarter to go. '99 was the season, in particular I was thinking of. But, depending on the quality of the sidekick, I don't think it would have been out of the question at all for the Spurs to have made it in '97 or '98. The Jazz had exactly zero reliable centers last time I checked.

I'm not making excuses for Robinson (early in my time on this board, I was often made out to be anti-Robinson), I'm speaking to the reality of the situation. And the reality is, he didn't have nearly as many chances as a lead player as many seem to think and he had probably the worst supporting cast out of any other elite player during that time.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 06:06 PM
1. You really are dumb. I said "most players", not "most great big men from the 90s". And I didn't say anything about "individual seasons", I was speaking strictly about overall.

2. I'm not disqualifying "Howards' Finals Run"; I'm qualifying it. Just like the Lakers titles in '00 (Duncan missed playoffs), '02 (Kings debacle), '09 (Garnett missed playoffs) and '10 (Perkins missed game 7), should be qualified.

3. I said until '01. The '00 Lakers were highly vulnerable, which is why a starless Trail Blazers team had them on the brink (on the road, no less) with a quarter to go. '99 was the season, in particular I was thinking of. But, depending on the quality of the sidekick, I don't think it would have been out of the question at all for the Spurs to have made it in '97 or '98. The Jazz had exactly zero reliable centers last time I checked.

I'm not making excuses for Robinson (early in my time on this board, I was often made out to be anti-Robinson), I'm speaking to the reality of the situation. And the reality is, he didn't have nearly as many chances as a lead player as many seem to think and he had probably the worst supporting cast out of any other elite player during that time.

No, you're the epitome of the quintessential D-Rob nuthugging apologist. How dense are you? Why would you compare Robinson to non-bigmen, when that's what he was?

If you want to play the qualifying game, let's go:

1999*
2003 (Dirk injured)
2007 (Donaghy, WCSF)

Move on, faggot.

therealtruth
08-16-2012, 06:08 PM

I don't think you have to apologize for 2. Howard's title run in '10 was mainly due to the Magic getting on fire from 3 point range. You'll beat any team if you get on fire from 3pt range.

TD 21
08-16-2012, 06:17 PM
No, you're the epitome of the quintessential D-Rob nuthugging apologist. How dense are you? Why would you compare Robinson to non-bigmen, when that's what he was?

If you want to play the qualifying game, let's go:

1999*
2003 (Dirk injured)
2007 (Donaghy, WCSF)

Move on, faggot.

If some think I'm anti-Robinson and one idiot thinks I'm the opposite, then I must be neutral. I was comparing him to stars and superstars in general. And the reality is, a lot of their numbers don't go up in the playoffs.

if '99 is a *, then so is '12. It's funny, I haven't heard anyone say that. Why? Because one of the glamor teams, with a glamor star won it.

Not "Dirk injured" :wow. You're right, that's every bit the same as the best players on the reigning champs (and teams that had destroyed the Lakers the previous season) sitting out the playoffs entirely. :lol

Even if Donaghy messed around, it was one game. Not damn near every game, like the Kings series (and nowhere near as blatant and overt).

So basically, you're copping out and you concede.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 06:27 PM
If some think I'm anti-Robinson and one idiot thinks I'm the opposite, then I must be neutral. I was comparing him to stars and superstars in general. And the reality is, a lot of their numbers don't go up in the playoffs.

if '99 is a *, then so is '12. It's funny, I haven't heard anyone say that. Why? Because one of the glamor teams, with a glamor star won it.

Not "Dirk injured" :wow. You're right, that's every bit the same as the best players on the reigning champs (and teams that had destroyed the Lakers the previous season) sitting out the playoffs entirely. :lol

Even if Donaghy messed around, it was one game. Not damn near every game, like the Kings series (and nowhere near as blatant and overt).

So basically, you're copping out and you concede.
You wouldn't be so gung-ho to defend his honor if you weren't a DRob nuthugger. Read the thread. You're guilty as charged. I've never seen so many excuses for underwhelming playoff performances before.

Now this can go one of two ways:

1. I can continue to make you look bad by providing stats that Robinson was less than his peers in the playoffs

or

2. You can just stfu and save what little dignity you have left. if memory serves right, you're already short on that after LJ tore you a new ass on this board a couple months back:lol

TD 21
08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
You wouldn't be so gung-ho to defend his honor if you weren't a DRob nuthugger. Read the thread. You're guilty as charged. I've never seen so many excuses for underwhelming playoff performances before.

Now this can go one of two ways:

1. I can continue to make you look bad by providing stats that Robinson was less than his peers in the playoffs

or

2. You can just stfu and save what little dignity you have left. if memory serves right, you're already short on that after LJ tore you a new ass on this board a couple months back:lol

I'm not "defending his honor", you idiot. I'm speaking to the reality of the situation. See, if you said "he wasn't a great competitor or on court leader", I'd have been fine with that. But saying or inferring that Howard is better because of one Finals appearance (without factoring anything in) is just plain stupid. I'm not surprised though; I wouldn't expect anything else from a Lakers fan.

You're right in saying that this can go one of two ways, but wrong in the two ways you detailed (and wrong about what LJ supposedly did; I don't even know what you're referring to)

1. I can continue to make you look like the dumb Lakers fan you are

or

2. You can run along back downstairs with all of the other vermin.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm not "defending his honor", you idiot. I'm speaking to the reality of the situation. See, if you said "he wasn't a great competitor or on court leader", I'd have been fine with that. But saying or inferring that Howard is better because of one Finals appearance (without factoring anything in) is just plain stupid. I'm not surprised though; I wouldn't expect anything else from a Lakers fan.

You're right in saying that this can go one of two ways, but wrong in the two ways you detailed (and wrong about what LJ supposedly did; I don't even know what you're referring to)

1. I can continue to make you look like the dumb Lakers fan you are

or

2. You can run along back downstairs with all of the other vermin.

D-Rob failed to ever lead a team to the promised land. All your posturing and excuse-making making won't change that. Cry yourself to sleep if it helps.

TD 21
08-16-2012, 07:45 PM
D-Rob failed to ever lead a team to the promised land. All your posturing and excuse-making making won't change that. Cry yourself to sleep if it helps.

You're quickly moving into the pantheon of dumbest people I've ever encountered on a message board.

That wasn't the argument (that's not even an argument; it's a fact). The argument was whether Howard is better than Robinson and whether Robinson was capable of leading a team to the Finals. I annihilated you, you predictably copped out and now you're predictably prolonging this and digging the hole deeper. Give it up.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
You're quickly moving into the pantheon of dumbest people I've ever encountered on a message board.

That wasn't the argument (that's not even an argument; it's a fact). The argument was whether Howard is better than Robinson and whether Robinson was capable of leading a team to the Finals. I annihilated you, you predictably copped out and now you're predictably prolonging this and digging the hole deeper. Give it up.
Jesus Christ you are one stupid fucking chud-baby.

You lost all credibility when you uttered this:

Say the Spurs never land Duncan, which would have given Robinson 3-5 more prime or near prime seasons as the lead dog and let's presume they bring in someone credible to help him as he ages. Maybe not a true star, just someone who was at least All-Star caliber. You're telling me there wasn't at least a fairly good chance of him getting to a Finals? The Jazz were a very good team, but the West was there for the taking from 97-01.[/

Talk about pantheon of all-time dumbest shit ever said on this board. Kill yourself with a hammer.

callo1
08-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know how anyone could compare Howard's 2010 Finals appearance to D'robs situation...the league was a different animal back then.

When in his prime, David was in one of the smallest markets in the league during the pre-CBA era which made it harder to compete as a small market team than it is today due to less parity.

Using that same flawed logic you can make the similar arguements about Jordan's rise to a championship, which shows how insane that arguement is to begin with.

Example:

Jordan took the Bulls to their championship run only after the Celtics, Lakers, and more importantly the Pistons had all become teams with aging players well past their prime.

Take the Shaq/Kobe era Laker championship teams, remove Shaq and put a prime Robinson on those teams and you think D'rob doesn't get those rings?

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Take the Shaq/Kobe era Laker championship teams, remove Shaq and put a prime Robinson on those teams and you think D'rob doesn't get those rings?
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

callo1
08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Gripping and insightful :toast

TD 21
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Jesus Christ you are one stupid fucking chud-baby.

The same dumb son of a bitch that's desperate to come off as some cool, laid back guy, is losing it over the fact that he can't even remember what he was arguing about on a message board. What a loser.

You lost all credibility when you uttered this:

Talk about pantheon of all-time dumbest shit ever said on this board. Kill yourself with a hammer.It's not at all dumb. The West was wide open from 97-01. '99, in particular, if you gave Robinson an All-Star caliber sidekick (other than Duncan, obviously), they'd have had a realistic shot at reaching the Finals. That doesn't mean I think they'd have beaten the Jazz in '97 or '98, though (or the Lakers in '00, for that matter).

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2012, 05:15 PM
It's not at all dumb. The West was wide open from 97-01. '99, in particular, if you gave Robinson an All-Star caliber sidekick (other than Duncan, obviously), they'd have had a realistic shot at reaching the Finals. That doesn't mean I think they'd have beaten the Jazz in '97 or '98, though (or the Lakers in '00, for that matter).
It's incredibly dumb. So much so that you finished up that paragraph with a disclaimer.

TD 21
08-17-2012, 05:34 PM
It's incredibly dumb. So much so that you finished up that paragraph with a disclaimer.

Think of it this way: How many times in league history has an elite center not made the Finals as a lead player? Robinson is the only one that comes to mind and as I said, he only had seven chances and he had no other star on his team in that time. So it stands to reason that if he'd had 3-5 more chances and an All-Star caliber sidekick, there's a pretty good chance he eventually would have broken through.

And it wasn't a disclaimer; it was clarification, because you seemed to take my saying "pretty good chance from 97-01" and "the Jazz had exactly zero reliable centers" as saying the Spurs would have beaten them in '97 or '98.

ohmwrecker
08-17-2012, 06:31 PM
The same dumb son of a bitch that's desperate to come off as some cool, laid back guy, is losing it over the fact that he can't even remember what he was arguing about on a message board. What a loser.

DD, you gonna answer these charges, tbh?

ambchang
08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Deadly Dynasty trolling and demonstrating that after 15 years, he still couldn't figure out a big man needs a PG.

Even one of the best Laker of all time, Magic, said it as such. Try googling "Magic, Ralph Sampson"

TDMVPDPOY
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Deadly Dynasty trolling and demonstrating that after 15 years, he still couldn't figure out a big man needs a PG.

Even one of the best Laker of all time, Magic, said it as such. Try googling "Magic, Ralph Sampson"

avery johnson was a fkn joke of a starting pg

Phenomanul
08-21-2012, 02:57 PM
DD simply has a bone to pick... one that the numbers don't really corroborate...

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh638/Phenomanul/RSwinper5.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh638/Phenomanul/POwinper5.jpg

Drom John
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Count the rings.

Playoff percentages:
Steve Kerr 66.88
Robert Horry 62.28

Sean Cagney
08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
lol every nba champion in history has to be alittle lucky, deadly dynasty talks about our titles as if they were given and we werent the BEST team in the league that year. there are NO astericks and every team wins a title because they avoid an injury where a team might have an injury, or avoid a team that could beat them. its nothing new. the spurs won those titles fair and square and in fact could have had more if r.c didnt trade luis scola for some skittles. every team has to have alittle luck on their side when it comes to winning titles, whether its a certain team getting an injury to open it up or u avoiding a team that gives u trouble. it happens every time.

Common sense would tell you this here, good post and only an idiot would not get this!

Sean Cagney
08-22-2012, 12:44 AM
DD simply has a bone to pick... one that the numbers don't really corroborate...

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh638/Phenomanul/RSwinper5.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh638/Phenomanul/POwinper5.jpg

LOL at clowns who try to say Kobe is near MJ after that there, seriously......... WOW it's just so much difference between them in the playoffs and finals!

lakerhaterade
08-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Common sense would tell you this here, good post and only an idiot would not get this!

DD be trollin tbh...

anonoftheinternets
08-22-2012, 01:02 PM
DD be trollin tbh...

Its not that simple... these are "semi-troll" threads .. where they like to pretend they know basketball and thereby present their true opinion while always having the fall-back card of trolling ... but it is hilarious to see DD so riled up .. whatever happened to the cool-laid back image... :lol

Bynumite
08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Kobe/Nash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>frenchie/baldie

Dwight Howard and Gasol completely annihilate a spur frontcourt composed of old and done jim, scalabrine's twin brother, brozillian mvp and a couple of fat albert stunt doubles :lol

BigTex342006
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
First of all, Howard is a great player...elite defensively. Saying that, Robinson was better than Howard not only offensively (not close), but better defensively as well. Don't give me Howard's dpoy awards, as he won those almost by default...unless you consider an anciet Garnett, Josh Smith, or Gerald Wallace as worthy competition.

Robinson's had to split votes with Jordan, Pippen, Olajuwon, Ewing, Rodman, Mutombo, Dumars, Payton, and even Alvin Robertson. Quite abit a different level of defenders....and yet Robinson won the award, was second twice, and 4th twice before his injury.

Robinson's rim protection was also on a different level compared to Howard's. His first seven years blocks - 3.9, 3.9, 4.5, 3.2, 3.3, 3.2, 3.3 Howard - 1.7, 1.4, 1.9, 2.1, 2.9, 2.8, 2.4, and 2.1.

Howard is a great rebounder no doubt... We'll see if his numbers go down playing with Gasol. Robinson averaged right at 11 playing with Rodman, whom averaged 17 per game (almost 12 and half before him).

I think it is somewhat fair to nit pick some of Robinson's playoff series, and I would have like to have seen Robinson play with more of a chip on his shoulder. But he came into the league as a rookie turning the Spurs from crapola to contenders right off the bat. 21 wins to 56, 55, 47, 49, 55, 62, and 59 wins. It took Howard until the 82nd game of year 4 to get to .500!

Robinson's first 6 trips to the playoffs: 24.0 pts 11.8 rbs 3.1 blks 2.9 asts 1.3 stls .488 fg% .728 ft%

NBA is tough and only one team ends the season with a win and a championship. That does not make all other teams and players losers. I would say that Robinson played a greater role in helping SA win its first championship in 99 then Kobe did in 00.

Again, Howard is a great player and he may pass Robinson up all time (iffy) because of greater longevity, but Robinson simply was better. You can have the egomaniac, knuckhead that was too stupid to get into college....I'll take the kid that scored a 1320 on his SAT's, went to the academy, graduated as an officer, served two more years serving his country, before going to a military town (perfect fit).

Duncan2177
08-26-2012, 10:59 PM
First of all, Howard is a great player...elite defensively. Saying that, Robinson was better than Howard not only offensively (not close), but better defensively as well. Don't give me Howard's dpoy awards, as he won those almost by default...unless you consider an anciet Garnett, Josh Smith, or Gerald Wallace as worthy competition.

Robinson's had to split votes with Jordan, Pippen, Olajuwon, Ewing, Rodman, Mutombo, Dumars, Payton, and even Alvin Robertson. Quite abit a different level of defenders....and yet Robinson won the award, was second twice, and 4th twice before his injury.

Robinson's rim protection was also on a different level compared to Howard's. His first seven years blocks - 3.9, 3.9, 4.5, 3.2, 3.3, 3.2, 3.3 Howard - 1.7, 1.4, 1.9, 2.1, 2.9, 2.8, 2.4, and 2.1.

Howard is a great rebounder no doubt... We'll see if his numbers go down playing with Gasol. Robinson averaged right at 11 playing with Rodman, whom averaged 17 per game (almost 12 and half before him).

I think it is somewhat fair to nit pick some of Robinson's playoff series, and I would have like to have seen Robinson play with more of a chip on his shoulder. But he came into the league as a rookie turning the Spurs from crapola to contenders right off the bat. 21 wins to 56, 55, 47, 49, 55, 62, and 59 wins. It took Howard until the 82nd game of year 4 to get to .500!

Robinson's first 6 trips to the playoffs: 24.0 pts 11.8 rbs 3.1 blks 2.9 asts 1.3 stls .488 fg% .728 ft%

NBA is tough and only one team ends the season with a win and a championship. That does not make all other teams and players losers. I would say that Robinson played a greater role in helping SA win its first championship in 99 then Kobe did in 00.

Again, Howard is a great player and he may pass Robinson up all time (iffy) because of greater longevity, but Robinson simply was better. You can have the egomaniac, knuckhead that was too stupid to get into college....I'll take the kid that scored a 1320 on his SAT's, went to the academy, graduated as an officer, served two more years serving his country, before going to a military town (perfect fit).

spurs10
08-27-2012, 12:28 AM

:toast

LkrFan
08-27-2012, 02:22 AM
:corn: