PDA

View Full Version : .4

conversekid
06-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Does it still sting?

I was at game 5 when we lost and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I always said when we won another championship, the sting of .4 would go away.

What do you think?

Leetonidas
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Nope, never will. If it hadn't happen, we'd be doing a repeat this year. Though, this championship is a bandaid. :)

Dre_7
06-24-2005, 07:51 PM
.4??? Whats this .4 you speak of?

Sonia_TX
06-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I was at that game also and it still stings...but the Trophy lessens the pain.

adidas11
06-24-2005, 07:53 PM
.4 is when Derek Fisher made a game winning shot in Game 5 on the 2004 Western Conference semi-finals against the San Antonio Spurs, that allowed the Los Angeles Lakers to take a 3 games to 2 lead in the 7 game series.

Shit happens, and life goes on.

Sonia_TX
06-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Um...I think Dre was being sarcastic. :/

rascal
06-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Nope, never will. If it hadn't happen, we'd be doing a repeat this year. Though, this championship is a bandaid. :)

Disagree. If the spurs were championship quality last year they would have been able to come back and win the next game and win game 7. Manu wasn't the player he is now last year(not as confident) and the spurs weren't as good.

If you say the spurs would have won last year then you have to say the spurs should have lost this year had it not been for Horry's shot.

1Parker1
06-24-2005, 07:57 PM
.4? I will still be bitching about .4 and Derek Fischer 20 years from now--that's how much it stings. Who knows what could have happened the next 2 rounds after that?

But I guess what comes around goes around right? That's why this year's GAME 5, with Horry hitting a crucial shot in the final seconds that went in our favor is that much sweeter.

conversekid
06-24-2005, 07:59 PM
.4? I will still be bitching about .4 and Derek Fischer 20 years from now--that's how much it stings. Who knows what could have happened the next 2 rounds after that?

But I guess what comes around goes around right? That's why this year's GAME 5, with Horry hitting a crucial shot in the final seconds that went in our favor is that much sweeter.

That's pretty much how I feel too. It will always sting, but I also think it makes this one feel so much better.

Dre_7
06-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Um...I think Dre was being sarcastic. :/

Yeah its called sarcasm. :lol

Meaning, I just "forgot" about Fishers shot when we won the title.

MajicMan
06-24-2005, 08:01 PM

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. If the queen had balls she would be the king.
You wouldn't be repeating shit. You couldn't get pass the Lakers last year so don't make excuses. You also had a totally different team. You might be better matched up with the Pistons but you guys have a hard time against the Laker's team with Shaq. Enjoy your championship but don't get all retarded and shit.

mattyc
06-24-2005, 08:21 PM
It's okay. Big Rob gave us 7.9

mcornelio
06-24-2005, 09:28 PM
you know whats fucked up... not only point four but that the lakers in game six and 7 where playing with spirit and shit... we had no chance because they where playing like the all star squad they where... but then when they got to detroit it was like they stopped playing with that intesity

td4mvp21
06-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I will never forget that night. I was so excited when we came back from 9 down and took the lead. And when Duncan made that shot, I thought we won. I already was talking about how we won. Then Fisher goes and makes that shot. I think I said "No....NO.....NOOOOOOOOOO. DONT COUNT IT." It was the worst game I have ever witnessed. I remember just lying in bed that night staring at the wall. It was horrible. My cousin jinxed us though. He was screaming and hollering that we won, and his mom goes " It's not over yet theres still .4 left." and he told her to shut up and that she didn't know anything and that the Spurs won. Then D-Fish made that shot.

beirmeistr
06-24-2005, 09:52 PM
That game will always be a nightmare to Spurs fans, but, from my point of view, the 2004 Spurs, had they won that particular game, would not have been strong enough to beat the Pistons. just my opinion.

word
06-24-2005, 10:06 PM

Not sure of that. I'm sure we'd have gotten by Minnesota but I think we might very well of made the same mistake with Detroit as LA. Underestimating the Pistons.

But, whatever, it happened and that is that.

No past, only future.

As of today, we're in the 2005/2006 season. 04/05 season ended last night.

spurster
06-24-2005, 10:35 PM
It's the combination of the bitter and the sweet that makes it fun to be a fan (great for chocolate too).

Jimcs50
06-24-2005, 10:36 PM
0.4 means nothing to me....I do not know that name.

:)

Duff McCartney
06-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I dunno.... the Fisher shot was pain. But I don't think anything compares to the thrashings the Lakers gave us in 01 and 02. They just simply humiliated and embarrassed the Spurs.

Manu20
06-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I still can hear Al Michaels yelling Derek Fisher!!!!!!!

But, with the spurs winning the championship it does not hurt that much.

Nice signature Duff!

MissAllThat
06-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh you mean that BS shot that shouldn't have counted? Didn't mean anything to me then, and still doesn't. I actually expected it, believe it or not, so I wasn't as shocked as most people (don't ask...I have premonitions/visions). But yeah, if it had actually been a good shot with the clock starting on time, it would have hurt more, but sitting there watching it and seeing that it was obviously no good made it less painful. Plus, it's in the past. Who cares. LA didn't win anyway, so ha.

JustSpurs
06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the .04 shot used to haunt me but this years victory has smoothed the edges of that somewhat.

MajicMan
06-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh you mean that BS shot that shouldn't have counted? Didn't mean anything to me then, and still doesn't. I actually expected it, believe it or not, so I wasn't as shocked as most people (don't ask...I have premonitions/visions). But yeah, if it had actually been a good shot with the clock starting on time, it would have hurt more, but sitting there watching it and seeing that it was obviously no good made it less painful. Plus, it's in the past. Who cares. LA didn't win anyway, so ha.

shut up bitch

MissAllThat
06-24-2005, 11:57 PM
shut up bitch

Classy, real classy :rolleyes

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Classy, real classy :rolleyes

Talk like a bitch, get treated like one.

word
06-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Shaq nailed the line perfectly...

One lucky shot deserves another. We lost that series and if you want to take the good with Sir Charles 'The best team always wins a 7 game series', you also have to take the bad.

For all of you 'if only .4 seconder what iffers' don't ever use the 'Best Team Always Wins a 7 Game Series', otherwise you're nothing but a faker.

It was one game of a seven game series which we lost. No more, no less. Let it go.

GopherSA
06-25-2005, 12:25 AM
.4 is when Derek Fisher made a game winning shot in Game 5 on the 2004 Western Conference semi-finals against the San Antonio Spurs, that allowed the Los Angeles Lakers to take a 3 games to 2 lead in the 7 game series.

Shit happens, and life goes on.

What are these "Lakers" you speak of?

Are they a powerboat racing team? Or are they a combination of Court TV and Toyota commercials - some sort of ad agency?

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 12:32 AM
who cares about .4. yeah the lakers won the series and now have nothing to show for it because they got :owned by a better team.

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 12:36 AM
who cares about .4. yeah the lakers won the series and now have nothing to show for it because they got :owned by a better team.

Just like the Spurs got owned by a better team, the Lakers! :owned

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Just like the Spurs got owned by a better team, the Lakers! :owned

i don't consider six games in a seven series owned, but, whatever you say bud. oh yeah, hows the fishing going? :lol

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 12:46 AM
i don't consider six games in a seven series owned, but, whatever you say bud. oh yeah, hows the fishing going? :lol

We caught a big fish named Phil. You know, threepeat x's three, nine x world champion HOF coach Phil. We're expecting the summer catch to be a little bigger maybe aroundddd draft day or so. We're hoping to get lucky like you guys did with D. Rob and Duncan. You know how it goes.

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:02 AM
i guess you missed that fish called shaq, you know that guy that won you 3 championships back to back to back? sorry, kobe's 60 fg atempts a night don't scare me, he could score 40 a night and the lakers still loose.

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:05 AM
listen, we could sit here and argue all night, but the fact is, the lakers are not a factor right now. until you guys make the playoffs, then you can talk. otherwise, face the fact that where the best team in the nba right now.

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 01:07 AM
i guess you missed that fish called shaq, you know that guy that won you 3 championships back to back to back? sorry, kobe's 60 fg atempts a night don't scare me, he could score 40 a night and the lakers still loose.

It's just ironic to me Spurs fan's talk about fishing and the draft when that's how they got Robinson and Duncan.

alamo50
06-25-2005, 01:08 AM
The only numba 4 that be on our minds till this time next year is the 4th ring.

:fro

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:10 AM
It's just ironic to me Spurs fan's talk about fishing and the draft when that's how they got Robinson and Duncan.

the bulls found jordan in the draft
the lakers found magic in the draft
the celtics found bird in the draft

your point?

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
the bulls found jordan in the draft
the lakers found magic in the draft
the celtics found bird in the draft

your point?

My point is Spurs fan's that bring up the lotto issue aren't very intelligent. So we're in the lotto, big deal. It's not like we're there every year. That's how you guys picked up D Rob and Dunan so bringing that up is weak. We are fishing though but we'll be back. Still doesn't change the fact that we whoopped your asses for so many years.

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:22 AM
My point is Spurs fan's that bring up the lotto issue aren't very intelligent. So we're in the lotto, big deal. It's not like we're there every year. That's how you guys picked up D Rob and Dunan so bringing that up is weak. We are fishing though but we'll be back.

teams have there ups and downs, so what. so the spurs fans are unintelligent when they talk trash with lottery team fans that start crap? how is that wrong?

MajicMan
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
teams have there ups and downs, so what. so the spurs fans are unintelligent when they talk trash with lottery team fans that start crap? how is that wrong?

How did I start crap? Go back and read the entire thread. I'm just responding to the bullcrap posted about my team.

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:27 AM
How did I start crap? Go back and read the entire thread. I'm just responding to the bullcrap posted about my team.

im not directing that toward you, i mean in general, if i wanted to direct that towards you i would have said so.

baseline bum
06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
0.4 doesn't hurt so much anymore for one and only one reason... after seeing Detroit up close I'm pretty confident that the 2004 Spurs could not have beaten them in the Finals last season. Hedo just never stepped up when he was needed and there was no Nazr Mohammed. I think that team was by far inferior to this one, and Manu wasn't the player he is now. It's a shame the media will always say 0.4 was the reason the Spurs didn't three-peat, because it disrespects what the Pistons accomplished.

MissAllThat
06-25-2005, 02:40 AM

Actually, you're being a jerk. I commented on the shot. You decided to go down to a pathetic level and insult me. You don't know me at all. For all you know, I could be the nicest person in the world. Fact of the matter is, you were rude and your comment was uncalled for. I stated my opinion on that shot. I saw it with my own 2 eyes and saw the replay hundreds of times. It shouldn't have counted. If it hadn't, who knows what happens. Maybe the Spurs win the series and then get slaughtered by the Pistons. I don't know, and frankly I don't care. It's in the past. What's done is done. But, I was happy to see the Lakers lose in the Finals. If that makes me a bitch then fine, but I'm sure deep down you were glad the Pistons lost last night too.