PDA

View Full Version : What team will the Packers beat in the 2013 Super Bowl

TheCultOfPersonality
08-15-2012, 05:05 PM
?

Avante
08-15-2012, 05:31 PM
They were last in the league vs the pass. Last in the league in total defense. They couldn't run the ball, but that should change with the addition of Cedric Benson. They don't pressure the QB, which has a lot to do with why they suck at pass defense.

You don't talk up a team with those weaknesses. You hope like hell that Rodgers doesn't get hurt.

gaKNOW!blee
08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
They were last in the league vs the pass. Last in the league in total defense. They couldn't run the ball, but that should change with the addition of Cedric Benson. They don't pressure the QB, which has a lot to do with why they suck at pass defense.

You don't talk up a team with those weaknesses. You hope like hell that Rodgers doesn't get hurt.

You basically just described the patriots. As long as the packers have Rodgers none of that shit matters.

But yeah Cedric benson isn't helping ANYONE'S run game.

Avante
08-15-2012, 05:38 PM
You basically just described the patriots. As long as the packers have Rodgers none of that shit matters.

But yeah Cedric benson isn't helping ANYONE'S run game.

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You might luck out for awhile without playing the D but it won't last for long. I'd love to have you tell any football coach...fuck it coach it's all about the QB...you be laughed at.

You don't know anything about how Benson will do in 2012.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Run game has become so trivial in today's NFL, tbh. A boss QB will always be your saving grace. Switch out Brady with Rex Grossman last year and the pats win 6-7 games

Avante
08-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Run game has become so trivial in today's NFL, tbh. A boss QB will always be your saving grace. Switch out Brady with Rex Grossman last year and the pats win 6-7 games

A strong running game has you in 3rd a short, it beats down a defense, it protects a lead. Without it you have a fresher D to contend with, are in constant 3rd and long and have to throw with a lead. I want a solid ground game, it makes everything else far easier.

Yers I know the Pats, Packers, Giants couldn't run, but how many teams have that caliber of QB play? Both the Ravens and Niners were but a few plays away from meeting in the SB. Ravens 10 in rushing, Niners 8th.

DontStopBelieving
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
A strong running game has you in 3rd a short, it beats down a defense, it protects a lead. Without it you have a fresher D to contend with, are in constant 3rd and long and have to throw with a lead. I want a solid ground game, it makes everything else far easier.

Yers I know the Pats, Packers, Giants couldn't run, but how many teams have that caliber of QB play? Both the Ravens and Niners were but a few plays away from meeting in the SB. Ravens 10 in rushing, Niners 8th.

But did they? No

Avante
08-15-2012, 05:58 PM
But did they? No

It doesn't matter they showed just how far you can get without an elite QB. Yep, a couple fumbles, dropped pass, missed kick away from a Superbowl.

The Gemini Method
08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
More like: Who will Clay Matthews and Co. give the game away to in the first round of the playoffs. :lol

DontStopBelieving
08-15-2012, 06:01 PM
It doesn't matter they showed just how far you can get without an elite QB. Yep, a couple fumbles, dropped pass, missed kick away from a Superbowl.

No team quarterbacked by Flacco or Alex Smith is ever going to win a superbowl:lol

Darth_Pelican
08-15-2012, 06:02 PM

And how many years has it been since a non-elite QB won a SB? 9

Darth_Pelican
08-15-2012, 06:03 PM
No team quarterbacked by Flacco or Alex Smith is ever going to win a superbowl:lol

Flacco, a small chance. Alex Smith, lol never.

The Gemini Method
08-15-2012, 06:05 PM
And how many years has it been since a non-elite QB won a SB? 9

Is Roethlisberger considered elite? I know that this topic is always up for debate...

Darth_Pelican
08-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Is Roethlisberger considered elite? I know that this topic is always up for debate...

He is not a stat monster but has made so many huge plays when his team needed it. He made huge plays in 2 SB victories and has been in 3 total SBs.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Big Ben is elite imo. He's a diva and holds onto the ball too long, but he's clutch as fuck. If Flacco builds on last year he can win...never thought I'd say that.

Alex Smith would somehow screw up the 85 Bears.

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 06:21 PM

meh, look at the SB winners since 2001...Could be wrong, but I only remember the 2007 Giants and 2005 Steelers having really good running games--or a run-first philosophy. Even then, Eli and the defense beat the Pats in 2007, while gimmick plays and some of the worst officiating in SB history beat the Seahawks

Darth_Pelican
08-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah you can't compare the essentials to win a SB in today's NFL vs. those of 10 years ago. It's a different game with different rules.

benefactor
08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Not trying to be too much of a homer, but if the defense builds on what they did last year a healthy Houston team has an outside shot of making the Superbowl without having an elite QB. Elite WR, two solid RB's and one of the leagues top defenses would be enough to overcome Schaub's shortcomings IMO.

The Gemini Method
08-15-2012, 06:32 PM
I like Houston's chances if they can stay healthy...that is whom I am rooting for to make it so that I won't have to hear the pundits suck off Brady for, oh, the whole damn playoffs. Just kiddin! Can't knock what he's done as an elite QB and one of the best that has ever commanded a team. Aaron Rodgers will be hungry but the NFL Central is going to boast 3 pretty good teams and the Vikings.

dirk4mvp
08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Avante stop being so fucking old.

gaKNOW!blee
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You might luck out for awhile without playing the D but it won't last for long. I'd love to have you tell any football coach...fuck it coach it's all about the QB...you be laughed at.

You don't know anything about how Benson will do in 2012.

I have a pretty good idea how benson will perform when his last two years he's averaged 3.5 and 3.9 ypc with 12 combined fumbles. What's with you defending shitty runningback? First Donald brown now benson. These guys are below average players.

The NFL has changed and you're the only one who can't see it. The packers were 15-1...yeah they lost to the giants but shit happens, those are two good teams and someone has to win. The packers have the best quarterback in the game, great receivers, an elite pass rusher and an opportunistic secondary...4 most important ingredients in today's game and why they are the favorites in the NFC until further notice.

TIMMYtoZO
08-15-2012, 09:16 PM
:lol Packers. They got face raped 37-3 in their own house last year by a Giants team that is even stronger now.

:lol@ avante saying a running game is a necessity in today's game. This is a quarterback's league. The Giants had the worst rushing attack in the league, yet won it all.

TIMMYtoZO
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Shaub is going to have to be more than a game managing QB if the Texans want to get out of the AFC. They have a GREAT D, and a very good running game to go with a stud WR in Andre Johnson but Shaub can't play like Alex "1 for 13 on 3rd down" Smith.

Bill_Brasky
08-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Packers ain't doin shit if that terrible D carries over to this year.

Avante
08-15-2012, 10:56 PM

Look at the seasons that Eli and Big Ben first won a SB. Tell me what you see.

Avante
08-15-2012, 11:00 PM
:lol Packers. They got face raped 37-3 in their own house last year by a Giants team that is even stronger now.

:lol@ avante saying a running game is a necessity in today's game. This is a quarterback's league. The Giants had the worst rushing attack in the league, yet won it all.

Like I mentioned above talk to any coach about football and you will hear...

Win the turnover battle, run the ball and stuff the road, pressure the QB and protect yours, special teams, field position, hope you can stay healthy.

Trust me you won't be hearing...

Just throw the ball, nothing else matters.

TIMMYtoZO
08-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Look at the seasons that Eli and Big Ben first won a SB. Tell me what you see.

Those days are over. Since 2009( Yes, I considered Big Ben elite in 2009) every QB that has won the Super Bowl has been elite. Niners had their opportunity to get back into the true elite discussion with Peyton Manning and failed. They are never getting anywhere with a shitty quarterback who could only convert 1 fucking 3rd down in the NFCCG. Smith is going to hold the 49ers back. Game managing QB's just don't cut it in today's league.

gaKNOW!blee
08-15-2012, 11:31 PM

Where are you getting 37-3 from?

Avante
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Those days are over. Since 2009( Yes, I considered Big Ben elite in 2009) every QB that has won the Super Bowl has been elite. Niners had their opportunity to get back into the true elite discussion with Peyton Manning and failed. They are never getting anywhere with a shitty quarterback who could only convert 1 fucking 3rd down in the NFCCG. Smith is going to hold the 49ers back. Game managing QB's just don't cut it in today's league.

Let's see Tim Tebow took the Broncos how far last season? Let's try just a tab bit of reality, okwith you? Lee Evans catches that pass and Ted Gin doesn't get hurt we are seeing a Ravens vs Niners Superbowl. So save all the bullshit, ok?

You play some solid D, win the turnover battle you can win without an elite QB. Was Eli an elite QB when he beat an elite QB in Tom Brady the first time try..nope! Didn't Alex Smith beat Drew Brees last season? Bullshit somebody else, ok?

DeadlyDynasty
08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
If it wasn't for a couple bullshit calls/non-calls, that game probably ends 37-6. That roughing the passer penalty on JPP in the 2nd half was especially atrocious. The Packers got help and still got slaughtered.

benefactor
08-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Shaub is going to have to be more than a game managing QB if the Texans want to get out of the AFC. They have a GREAT D, and a very good running game to go with a stud WR in Andre Johnson but Shaub can't play like Alex "1 for 13 on 3rd down" Smith.
:lol Alex Smith. He can do better than that.

I agree that he will have to elevate his game some, but he won't need to be Brady or either Manning to pull it off. If he can play mistake free football and make timely throws that will get it done. I agree with you that more often than not it takes an elite level QB to win in today's NFL, but if I had to pick a team that has a shot at possibly bucking the odds it would be Houston.

djohn2oo8
08-16-2012, 08:45 AM
:lol Alex Smith. He can do better than that.

I agree that he will have to elevate his game some, but he won't need to be Brady or either Manning to pull it off. If he can play mistake free football and make timely throws that will get it done. I agree with you that more often than not it takes an elite level QB to win in today's NFL, but if I had to pick a team that has a shot at possibly bucking the odds it would be Houston.

Two of the biggest wild cards on the team are Keshawn Martin and Trindon Holliday. Both have the ability to be home run playmakers, something which they have never had.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Let's see Tim Tebow took the Broncos how far last season?
Far enough to lose to a team with an elite QB.

Let's try just a tab bit of reality, okwith you?
The reality is it was Brady vs. Manning in the superbowl.

Lee Evans catches that pass and Ted Gin doesn't get hurt we are seeing a Ravens vs Niners Superbowl. So save all the bullshit, ok?
Turnovers and dropped passes are things that happen to all teams, and the teams with elite QBs are usually the teams that overcome. Baltimore and San Fran not having an elite QB made it so they had to play mistake-free football in order to win those games which is something that rarely happens.

You play some solid D, win the turnover battle you can win without an elite QB.
In today's NFL winning without an elite QB has such a small room for error that it's nearly impossible.

The 2007 Giants for example. Manning wasn't an elite QB yet but he was on the cusp. In addition to a QB on the verge of becoming elite, they had a better running game, offensive line, and defense than New England while they weren't hampered by injuries like New England was. Even though their passing game was the only disadvantage they had against New England, they still required the flukiest play in NFL history to beat New England. That's how much of a disadvantage not having an elite passing game is in the NFL right now.

symple19
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
DoK with the goods

symple19
08-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Didn't Alex Smith beat Drew Brees last season? Bullshit somebody else, ok?

I just wanted to address this one thing...

It literally took Alex Smith playing the best game of his entire life to get that win. Pretty sure he was having an out of body experience that day.

We all saw what happens when he comes back to reality

Avante
08-16-2012, 11:11 AM

It literally took Alex Smith playing the best game of his entire life to get that win. Pretty sure he was having an out of body experience that day.

It's far more interesting and better when guys converse without those silly/petty bias. Alec Smith was within a couple fumbles of playing in a SB lost year. He only threw 5 INT's, his QB ranking and completion % in the top half. He's all a team with that defense needs. To try and.."he can't do this, he can't do that"...is silly. He had his best year with Harbaugh there what's that tell us, could it be that just maybe he's ready to start producing? Hell yes he has sucked, I'm a Niner fan do you really think I thought we had a stud QB? Take away last season and he totally/100%/completely/absolutely..sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...long and very very hard...ok? Now he's playing better, now he has the best gang of receivers he's had. So yes I'm optimistic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-16-2012, 11:20 AM

It was also because of Greg Williams' retarded 8 man blitzes at the end of the game.

Clipper Nation
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM

Don't even bother, that dumbass Avante actually thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback, tbh.... :lol

Avante
08-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't even bother, that dumbass Avante actually thinks Alex Smith is a good quarterback, tbh.... :lol

Clipper Nation

The NFL season is finally back with us, thank God!!!!!!!!!!! Now it's time to flip the record over, ok? Yes I pulled a few chains, pushed a few buttons out of boredom, now it's time to drop the silliness and get serious. If you can't get real and still need to do the idiot in hiding routine you won't be playing that will me. I'm a very serious football fan I don't want you getting in my way, internet bullshit is over as far as I'm concerned. If you can't come up to speed you will be ignored.

Dude, I'm dead serious it really is time to cool the petty bullshit, ok? Don't be a pest here getting in our way, ok?

The Gemini Method
08-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Personally, I think the Saints lost that game because Gregg Williams didn't divvy up the Bounty Payments, so at halftime he did and the Saints played so much better in the latter part of the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I would have to say it is Smith who will be the undoing of the 49ers year-in and year-out. I mean, even the 49er brass thinks that or they wouldn't have fathomed the idea of making a run @ Peyton. You don't do that if you really have a belief that your current QB is capable of winning the SB.

TIMMYtoZO
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM

I meant 37-6, but I will even be nice and spot the Packers 7 more points. The clear fumble that was ruled down for GB which resulted in a Packers td that drive was pathetic. You can't miss a call like that. The roughing call on Osi was whatever, but that clear fumble missed call was hilarious. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah the refs kept that game close through 3 quarters but the Giants completely dominated it.

Pelicans78
08-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Alex Smith didn't beat Drew Brees. He beat Gregg Williams. Brees and company shredded that defense in the 4th quarter.

Darth_Pelican
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Alex Smith didn't beat Drew Brees. He beat Gregg Williams. Brees and company shredded that defense in the 4th quarter.

The Saints turned the ball over 5 times and still almost beat Alex Smith. That's how fucking pathetic of a QB he is. Gregg Williams stupidity let him have the game winning drive.

gaKNOW!blee
08-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I meant 37-6, but I will even be nice and spot the Packers 7 more points. The clear fumble that was ruled down for GB which resulted in a Packers td that drive was pathetic. You can't miss a call like that. The roughing call on Osi was whatever, but that clear fumble missed call was hilarious. :lol

Even if they beat them 50-0...that was last year. It really doesn't mean much going into a new season. The packers are still a better team IMO.

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Until the Packers prove they've fixed that atrocious D I just can't pick them.

TIMMYtoZO
08-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Even if they beat them 50-0...that was last year. It really doesn't mean much going into a new season. The packers are still a better team IMO.

:lol The Giants have a much stronger team than they did when they dominated the Packers. They have upgraded their run game, added Marvin Austin to the DT spot, upgraded their TE position, their linebackers are young and rapidly improving, the secondary should be much stronger this season as a whole etc etc etc. The Packers don't have a D like the Giants. You aren't going anywhere with no pass rushers and only an elite O. We all saw how that ended last year.