PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Lame ESPY award vote thing

Vashner
06-24-2005, 08:01 PM
They said Spurs Champs but are they the best team??

ARGH didn't we just settle that?

Then they don't even have MANU on best Olympic Performance.. only 3 no
name noobs.

EDIT here is better URL .. man they have STUPID Suns up
for a few awards with no spurs.. Like best NBA player and stupid
Suns shooter for best Athlete .. / puke
http://espn.go.com/espy2005/index.html

http://espn.go.com/espy2005/s/05bestnbaplayernominees.html

Vashner
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
So no one here thinks that any Spur should be on the 2004-2005 NBA season best player list?

And that they need a VOTE to determine the best 2004-2005 NBA team?

CalsonicKansei
06-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Fuk ESPN they rave about "ESPN the worldwide leader in sports" thing but wont even adknowledge that the Spurs are the most foreign team to win a championship.

dcole50
06-24-2005, 11:19 PM
i think the best team thing is for the best team in sports. you know, spurs v. pats, sox, etc.

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 12:47 AM
They said Spurs Champs but are they the best team??

ARGH didn't we just settle that?

Then they don't even have MANU on best Olympic Performance.. only 3 no
name noobs.

EDIT here is better URL .. man they have STUPID Suns up
for a few awards with no spurs.. Like best NBA player and stupid
Suns shooter for best Athlete .. / puke
http://espn.go.com/espy2005/index.html

http://espn.go.com/espy2005/s/05bestnbaplayernominees.html

good lord. you just won the championship, could you give the inferiority complex a rest?

KevinTheWrench
06-25-2005, 12:58 AM
The fact that Roger Federer isn't up for male athlete of the year shows how utterly ridiculous the "awards" are

Out...

Jdspur20
06-25-2005, 01:07 AM
i really wouldn't follow any awards espn gives out.

Vashner
06-25-2005, 01:36 AM
I know I am just worked up at how Media won't even give Spurs props. It's a conspiracy.

Vashner
06-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Now there is an article up about the Snub on WOAI.com

http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=07F3A0D7-B0D9-4BE6-8BC9-681C1DA25F11

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM
do you really think Tim is the best player in the league though? I think he's great, and he came through for his team when they needed him, but he's simply not the best individual player in the NBA. awards like that are what we give up when we follow teams that are built as TEAMS. besides, no one gives a rat's ass about the espys anyway.

danyel
06-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Then they don't even have MANU on best Olympic Performance.. only 3 no name noobs.

Michael Phelps a no name noob???? WTF?!?!?!?

Dude won eight medals, six golds.

And in case you haven't noticed they are all american athletes, its an american award on an american tv network, its not an international award.

Vashner
06-25-2005, 10:44 AM
do you really think Tim is the best player in the league though? I think he's great, and he came through for his team when they needed him, but he's simply not the best individual player in the NBA. awards like that are what we give up when we follow teams that are built as TEAMS. besides, no one gives a rat's ass about the espys anyway.

The champs should have one player. Maybe Manu.. And Yes I think Tim is best. He has MVP.. So what GREASE HEAD ANTI AMERICAN dirtbag from Phoenix won season MVP if Tim did not blow his ankels and won 4-5 more games he would of won the MVP award.

Vashner
06-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Michael Phelps a no name noob???? WTF?!?!?!?

Dude won eight medals, six golds.

And in case you haven't noticed they are all american athletes, its an american award on an american tv network, its not an international award.
OK so that one does say USA. Then you are correct.

FromWayDowntown
06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
good lord. you just won the championship, could you give the inferiority complex a rest?

That's actually kind of funny coming from Pistons' fan, whose used the very same position as a rallying cry for the last 12 months. I guess we're just following that Detroit precedent.

I've never heard a defending champion spend so much time complaining about a lack of respect from every corner.

You can't blame us Spurs fans for following suit.

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I've never heard a defending champion spend so much time complaining about a lack of respect from every corner.

wait, so you've never heard of the New England Patriots?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
At least the Spurs are up for best team, and Pop is up for best coach

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 12:38 PM
HAHAHAHA That's a laugh! they have Landon Donovan going up against Ronaldinho for soccer player of the year! hahahahaha Jesus, Landon Donovan shouldn't even be up there, there are HUNDREDS of better soccer players around the world who are TEN TIMES better than him. The ESPY's suck ass!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I HATE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE DUNCAN ON BEST NBA PLAYER!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!????? THE HAVE LeBron!!!!!! LEBRON FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK HAS HE DONE!??? JESUS IT PISSES ME OFF!!

Summers
06-25-2005, 01:13 PM

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Geez, let it go. I'm tired of the inferiority complex over the press. Who cares? We're World Champs. If they don't want to recognize it, fuck 'em.

No amount of emails or bitching on this site is going to change it, so save yourself the time.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Geez, let it go. I'm tired of the inferiority complex over the press. Who cares? We're World Champs. If they don't want to recognize it, fuck 'em.

No amount of emails or bitching on this site is going to change it, so save yourself the time.
This is also true about every little thing you've bitched about this whole year, so what's changed? Let us bitch in peace why don't you!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Because when people write emails and bitch and moan to media outlets, all it does it make the writer look good (shows his boss people are reading) and makes the outlet (in this case, ESPN) look good to advertisers because outrage/controversy is what they're looking for.

Every time you fire off an email to a media outlet bitching about one of their articles or their stances, you put more money in the pocket of the writer and the outlet.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Because when people write emails and bitch and moan to media outlets, all it does it make the writer look good (shows his boss people are reading) and makes the outlet (in this case, ESPN) look good to advertisers because outrage/controversy is what they're looking for.

Every time you fire off an email to a media outlet bitching about one of their articles or their stances, you put more money in the pocket of the writer and the outlet.
Good point! thank god for this forum whre people can bitch all they want without making anyone richer!

Vashner
06-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok then be silent then....

Fuck that spin man... complain if you want to it's the American way.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:09 PM
What spin is that? It's a fact that by bitching to the papers/emedia that you just give the writers/producers you're bitching about job security and put money in their pockets - it's all about advertising. They don't make their money from joe blow's subscription, they make it from advertising revenue (especially companies like ESPN).

The best thing you can do is to ignore that shit, and let those guys stew in their own filth.

mike detroit
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

If i had ever complained about the pistons not getting respect, you'd have a point, but I haven't, so you don't.

Dre_7
06-25-2005, 03:37 PM
I really dont see a problem with the espys. Would like to see Tims name in best NBA player catagory, but other then that, there is no problem with the voting options.