PDA

View Full Version : Seal Team Six and the Intelligence...

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 08:39 PM
...community strike back!

X-Xfti7qtT0

Twenty-two minutes of FUCK YOU, OBAMA!

vy65
08-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Why do you want Obama to fail? Do you shoot your nose off to spite your face?

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/xbemo4.jpg

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Speaking of this, why doesn't the Bush-era Congress get any criticism for how long it took to find and kill Osama? Had they issues letters of marque and reprisal like Ron Paul suggested, the government could have gotten this done YEARS before they did....

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/r8tj0z.jpg

boutons_deux
08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Dishonorable Disclosures from Repug operatives, hacks.

Swift Boating is just getting started.

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Speaking of this, why doesn't the Bush-era Congress get any criticism for how long it took to find and kill Osama? Had they issues letters of marque and reprisal like Ron Paul suggested, the government could have gotten this done YEARS before they did....

http://i50.tinypic.com/55kxtf.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:48 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2dbs3tj.jpg

Bill_Brasky
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
:lmao this faggot would vote for Sarah Palin/Bachmann over Obama/anyone

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/308xlxi.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:51 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2hwjh1d.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:53 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/rtfejq.jpg

jack sommerset
08-15-2012, 08:55 PM
El nono loves him some Obama. God bless

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:55 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/11hqiiw.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/idsf2.gif

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/archive/2011/08/1_123125_2126996_2279939_2300636_110818_tech_meme_ chill.jpg

mercos
08-15-2012, 08:57 PM
lol at Romney going for the Swiftboat tactic. Not going to work when everybody knows Bin Laden was killed on Obama's watch.

:cry Obama shouldn't take credit for military success. No politician ever does that. :cry

Oh wait...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/7792301266_c24200d54a.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:58 PM
http://4.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/osama-bin-laden-memes-abound/trump.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/sex5af.jpg

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
http://i.qkme.me/2iew.jpg

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
lol at Romney going for the Swiftboat tactic. Not going to work when everybody knows Bin Laden was killed on Obama's watch.
And, only idiots don't know Obama spent the entire campaign railing against the very tactics that allowed Osama bin Laden to be located for him to make the call. Only idiots don't know Barack Obama had absolutely nothing to do with locating or killing Osama bin Laden. Only idiots don't know Valerie Jarrett -- a fucking political advisor -- pussy-whipped Obama all over the White House and prevented him from making what should have been the easiest fucking call of his presidency THREE fucking times. Only and idiot believes President Obama deserves any credit for the final disposition of Osama bin Laden.

:cry Obama shouldn't take credit for military success. No politician ever does that. :cry
I don't know of any President that has compromised national security in doing so.

vy65
08-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Lol changing his avatar

jack sommerset
And, only idiots don't know Obama spent the entire campaign railing against the very tactics that allowed Osama bin Laden to be located for him to make the call. Only idiots don't know Barack Obama had absolutely nothing to do with locating or killing Osama bin Laden. Only idiots don't know Valerie Jarrett -- a fucking political advisor -- pussy-whipped Obama all over the White House and prevented him from making what should have been the easiest fucking call of his presidency THREE fucking times. Only and idiot believes President Obama deserves any credit for the final disposition of Osama bin Laden.

I don't know of any President that has compromised national security in doing so.

You're crushing elnonos fantasy. God bless

ElNono
Mr. Kolton said the group is nonpartisan. Mr. Kolton was a spokesman in the Bush administration for the office of the director of national intelligence. The president of OPSEC, Scott Taylor, ran unsuccessfully for Congress in 2010 as a Republican in Virginia.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 09:07 PM

Dubya....

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
You're crushing elnonos fantasy. God bless

Yoni and the neocons just severely butthurt it wasn't one of them announcing bin laden's death... ron bless

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Yoni and the neocons just severely butthurt it wasn't one of them announcing bin laden's death... ron bless

It could have been Dubya, but letters of marque and reprisal were "too anachronistic" for the neocons... :rolleyes

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Dubya....
Do tell.

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Do tell.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair

Spurminator
08-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Well I certainly don't see any reason to be skeptical of this group or the release of these findings.

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
It could have been Dubya, but letters of marque and reprisal were "too anachronistic" for the neocons... :rolleyes

He was looking for him...

http://i45.tinypic.com/11rus07.jpg

:lol

baseline bum
08-15-2012, 09:16 PM
LOL Bush not finding Osama in Iraq.

Clipper Nation
He was looking for him...

http://i45.tinypic.com/11rus07.jpg

:lol

:lmao

mercos

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7111/7792301266_c24200d54a.jpg

I wonder where this group was when the Bush administration was outing a CIA agent whose husband didn't go along with the Iraq war plans..... It couldn't have something to do with the fact that they are all Republicans, despite claiming to be "non-political" could it?

jack sommerset
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Brother, Obama didn't kill or track him down. You're being silly spamming the thread with all that Barack love. God bless

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Brother, Obama didn't kill or track him down. You're being silly spamming the thread with all that Barack love. God bless

He never claimed he did, and gave credit to Seal Team Six. Your god can judge me for spamming the thread. Ron bless.

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
I wonder where this group was when the Bush administration was outing a CIA agent whose husband didn't go along with the Iraq war plans..... It couldn't have something to do with the fact that they are all Republicans, despite claiming to be "non-political" could it?
The President opened up the White House to the Special Prosecutor who identified the leaker (Richard Armitage) on day one but decided to take off on a witch hunt for reasons that were never explained. Nor was it ever explained why Dick Armitage never faced prosecution for such a heinous crime.

President Bush didn't stand in the way.

jack sommerset
08-15-2012, 09:24 PM
He never claimed he did, and gave credit to Seal Team Six. Your god can judge me for spamming the thread. Ron bless.

Bless your heart. God bless

DarrinS
08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a movie about the "gutsy call" that Valerie Jarrett eventually let Obama make?

mercos
08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
The President opened up the White House to the Special Prosecutor who identified the leaker (Richard Armitage) on day one but decided to take off on a witch hunt for reasons that were never explained. Nor was it ever explained why Dick Armitage never faced prosecution for such a heinous crime.

President Bush didn't stand in the way.

And Obama has gone after leakers as well. The question is, why didn't this so called "watchdog" group go after Bush. The answer is of course obvious. They are not a watchdog group, they are a Republican group, just like the Swiftboaters.

lol at thinking anyone is going to believe they are a watchdog group.

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Spam's all he's got on this one.

Obama is taking credit for something in which he had no involvement, spent the better part of two years trying to derail, and the final decision for which we now find out, he was talked out of -- three times -- by a political adviser.

This guy is weak.

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:27 PM
And Obama has gone after leakers as well. The question is, why didn't this so called "watchdog" group go after Bush. The answer is of course obvious. They are not a watchdog group, they are a Republican group, just like the Swiftboaters.

There's gonna be a lot of these "non-partisan, non-profit" groups popping up in the next 90 days... especially since they're not registered as PACs, they don't have to disclose donors... Yoni will let us know when his chain email tell him to spread more smear videos, I'm sure :lol

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:28 PM
And Obama has gone after leakers as well. The question is, why didn't this so called "watchdog" group go after Bush.
For what reason?

The answer is of course obvious.
Yeah, President Bush didn't reveal national secrets.

They are not a watchdog group, they are a Republican group, just like the Swiftboaters.
Tell them that.

They know who you are, mercos. ;o)

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 09:29 PM

Obama is taking credit for something in which he had no involvement, spent the better part of two years trying to derail, and the final decision for which we now find out, he was talked out of -- three times -- by a political adviser.

This guy is weak.

Seems like Congress under Bush was the weak ones, as they didn't issue letters of marque and reprisal to go after Osama.....

ElNono

You never had anything on this one either, outside of the faux outrage... :lmao

lol "I don't hate Barry"

Yonivore
There's gonna be a lot of these "non-partisan, non-profit" groups popping up in the next 90 days... especially since they're not registered as PACs, they don't have to disclose donors... Yoni will let us know when his chain email tell him to spread more smear videos, I'm sure :lol
I gotta tell you, I'm not on any chain e-mail lists. That cracks me up every time you put it in a post.

Seriously, do those things even exist anymore?

jack sommerset
08-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a movie about the "gutsy call" that Valerie Jarrett eventually let Obama make?

I'm pretty sure RuPaul is in talks for playing Obama. God bless

Clipper Nation
You never had anything on this one either, outside of the faux outrage... :lmao

lol "I don't hate Barry"

:lol Claiming to not hate Obama when he had a "Hope He Fails" Obama avatar until today

ElNono
I gotta tell you, I'm not on any chain e-mail lists. That cracks me up every time you put it in a post.

I'm sorry... is it the neocon RSS feed these days? Maybe the collection of neocon blog bookmarks? :lol

Fabbs
08-15-2012, 09:32 PM

This guy is weak.
:lol your buttownedness in this thread doesn't stop.

Responding to criticism about the president taking credit for the bin Laden raid, an Obama campaign official pointed to an interview with CNN last month in which Admiral Bill McRaven, commander of the raid, said: "At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him."

"I think Admiral McRaven knows more about the President's role in the bin Laden operation than this group," the campaign official said.

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mercos
08-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Tell them that.

They know who you are, mercos. ;o)

:lmao They will be getting a strongly worded email where I give them the what-for. The Obama campaign has pretty much already put them in their place:

"No one in this group is in a position to speak with any authority on these issues and on what impact these leaks might have, and it's clear they've resorted to making things up for purely political reasons."

As has Admiral Bill McRaven, commander of the Bin Laden raid:

"At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him."

I'll take the Admiral's word for it over that of somebody hiding under the guise of a watchdog group. Again, nice try on the swiftboat tactic, but Romney is just not as good at it as Dubya was. Repubs must be missing him right now...

LnGrrrR
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Gd Yoni is getting shitted on :lmao

EVAY
08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
:lol your buttownedness in this thread doesn't stop.

Responding to criticism about the president taking credit for the bin Laden raid, an Obama campaign official pointed to an interview with CNN last month in which Admiral Bill McRaven, commander of the raid, said: "At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him."

"I think Admiral McRaven knows more about the President's role in the bin Laden operation than this group," the campaign official said.

Thank you.

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
:lol Yoni
:lol Political forum jizz rag
:lol Liberals and conservatives uniting to shit on him

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
:lmao All the man had to do was say, "yes."

I'd like to hear McRaven's version after retirement.

I think Admiral McRaven is sucking up to a Commander in Chief that holds his rank by the balls.

ElNono
08-15-2012, 09:45 PM
but the former bush officials are not biased at all! :lmao

Yonivore
08-15-2012, 09:45 PM
:lol Claiming to not hate Obama when he had a "Hope He Fails" Obama avatar until today
I don't hate him. I did hope his policies failed because they've led to >8% unemployment, $5 trillion in debt, and the worst recovery since the Great Depression.

He's a fucking loser of a President.

DarrinS
08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't hate him. I did hope his policies failed because they've led to >8% unemployment, $5 trillion in debt, and the worst recovery since the Great Depression.

But Mitt gives women cancer and Ryan hates old people.

MannyIsGod
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
:lmao @ Yoni saying he doesn't hate Obama.

baseline bum
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
He may have gotten bin Laden, but ipods & lightbulbs!

ElNono
08-15-2012, 10:00 PM

And detergents!

DarrinS
08-15-2012, 10:07 PM

Military loves them some demorats

Clipper Nation
08-15-2012, 10:54 PM

:cry "I don't hate the black president, he's just a fucking loser!" :cry

LnGrrrR
08-15-2012, 11:56 PM
I think Admiral McRaven is sucking up to a Commander in Chief that holds his rank by the balls.

:spin :spin :spin

Romney could come right out and say, "I supported Osama" and you'd say, "He just means he supported Osama when he said Obama was a lousy leader, which is true! :cry :cry "

Wild Cobra
08-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Dishonorable Disclosures from Repug operatives, hacks.

Swift Boating is just getting started.
Did you even watcgh the video?

They are on target. Obama should have never politicized this like he did. He compromised so much.

Wild Cobra
08-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Excuse me...

They are suppose to remain secret.

Wild Cobra
08-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Duty...

Honor...

Country...

Something Obama doesn't have a clue of.

LnGrrrR
08-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Did you even watcgh the video?

They are on target. Obama should have never politicized this like he did. He compromised so much.

He should've just flown a jet in a fighter pilot outfit and put up a big Mission Accomplished sign, that way he wouldn't have politicized it.

Wild Cobra
08-16-2012, 05:20 AM
He should've just flown a jet in a fighter pilot outfit and put up a big Mission Accomplished sign, that way he wouldn't have politicized it.
My God.

This is two totally different things.

Obama compromised security. He should have just left it at "we got Bin Laden." He should have said the details are not to be released for OPSEC reasons. They should have even waited days, or weeks and not tipped their hand and continued collecting information usable from the compound, which surely was largely useless when everyone knew we had it.

So you know anything about national security?

You don't act like it.

baseline bum
08-16-2012, 08:36 AM

:rollin

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Smith also criticizes the president for taking too much credit for the SEALs' raid.

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden. America did," he says. "We have become a political weapon. We are not."

God bless

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:38 AM
:spin :spin :spin

Romney could come right out and say, "I supported Osama" and you'd say, "He just means he supported Osama when he said Obama was a lousy leader, which is true! :cry :cry "

Bill McRaven does not like or respect Obama but he has to work for him because he is the President.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Our president does not have much to run on. The best our residential democrats have is to spam the thread with pictures doing their best to man Obama up. It didn't work. They don't even believe Obama had much to do with this. Seriously, "we found him, can we go through with plan?" duh. God bless

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
They forgot this one:

http://www.thedailyrash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/600b09201e1.jpg

mercos
08-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Poll after poll shows Obama leading on national security. Bin Laden was merced on Obama's watch. Repubs are going to have to live with that fact for the rest of their lives.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Poll after poll shows Obama leading on national security. Bin Laden was merced on Obama's watch. Repubs are going to have to live with that fact for the rest of their lives.

Brother, this is silly. Nobody cares who happened to be president when Osama got nailed. Nobody is losing sleep over that. Osama is dead. Our nation gave a collective big smile and we all moved on with thanks to those intelligents peep who have been on the case for a decade. God bless

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
attacked on his watch
knew it was coming
did nothing
lied about the war
didn't care about the guy that killed americans
drove the country to ruin

just your basic republican

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
attacked on his watch
knew it was coming
did nothing
lied about the war

4 years later. Evolve, brother. God bless

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Instead, he flogged us with it over and over and over again, at every opportunity -- after saying he wouldn't be spiking the football.

Look, it's the one popular thing this idiot has accomplished. I can see why he's wrapping himself up in it but, doing so, denies the years he spent trying to dismantle the intelligence apparatus that led to the moment where he could shine.

He should be thanking the previous administration for making his job that much easier.

Creepn
08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
4 years later. Evolve, brother. God bless

You mean forget? No.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:22 AM
You mean forget? No.

No, I mean for clambake to evolve. That campaign was 4 years ago. God bless

mercos
08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Brother, this is silly. Nobody cares who happened to be president when Osama got nailed. Nobody is losing sleep over that. Osama is dead. Our nation gave a collective big smile and we all moved on with thanks to those intelligents peep who have been on the case for a decade. God bless

Incorrect. I care. You are merely trying to diminish an opponent's accomplishments. Killing Osama Bin Laden is not enough to make a person vote for Obama, but trying to act like its not a big deal is only going to bring ridicule upon you, especially after your team couldn't get the job done. Republicans are just made because Obama had done pretty much everything Bush did on foreign policy, only better.

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
jack means forget......pretty please

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
jack means forget......pretty please

No brother, I mean evolve. I am asking a lot from you. Im talking to the same silly clown that said well over a hundred times" he lied about money so he stalked and killed a skittles carry child" one way or another. God bless.

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
No brother, I mean evolve. I am asking a lot from you. Im talking to the same silly clown that said well over a hundred times" he lied about money so he stalked and killed a skittles carry child" one way or another. God bless.

god told me to never forget.

Creepn
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
You got the order of events wrong Jack.

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
So when IS the damn Zimmerman trial?

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Incorrect. I care. You are merely trying to diminish an opponent's accomplishments. Killing Osama Bin Laden is not enough to make a person vote for Obama, but trying to act like its not a big deal is only going to bring ridicule upon you, especially after your team couldn't get the job done. Republicans are just made because Obama had done pretty much everything Bush did on foreign policy, only better.

You care along with some other disconnected die hard Obama supporters for voter reasons. I'm not dismissing anything. We cheered, we moved on. Obama watched. Nothing more, nothing less. God bless

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:49 AM
god told me to never forget.

More silliness from our clown. God bless

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
You got the order of events wrong Jack.

Brother, say a little thank you prayer for seal team six. God bless

ElNono
08-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Looks like jack is really blowing a gasket over this one. Ron bless.

mercos
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
You care along with some other disconnected die hard Obama supporters for voter reasons. I'm not dismissing anything. We cheered, we moved on. Obama watched. Nothing more, nothing less. God bless

Since you are so good at moving on, you should move on with all the stuff you don't like about Obama. Boo, and move on.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Looks like jack is really blowing a gasket over this one. Ron bless.

Brother, you spammed the thread with pictures. I'm replying to others. I'll stop since your feelings are hurt. God bless

ElNono
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Brother, you spammed the thread with pictures. I'm replying to others. I'll stop since your feelings are hurt. God bless

You do what your schizophrenic god tells you to do, jack. ron bless.

George Gervin's Afro
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
.gop went after the service record of Kerry... and now they are rolling out servicemen to attackpresident..

I guess they were against the troops before they were for them.....lol

Clipper Nation
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
attacked on his watch
knew it was coming
did nothing
lied about the war

Imagine if Ron Paul was president back then, tbh.... his letters of marque and reprisal could have led to Osama's capture much quicker and earlier, we wouldn't be mired in endless, expensive Middle Eastern wars, and little kids and the elderly wouldn't be groped at the airport in the name of "safety".... Ron bless

mercos
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
If Ron Paul was president, we would probably not have been attacked at all, because he would close down our military bases in the region and pull us out of their backyard. That is their biggest gripe with us. I disagree with Ron Paul's isolationist tilt, but we would probably be much safer in terms of national security with him at the helm.

boutons_deux
08-16-2012, 12:38 PM
"much safer in terms of national security"

but we would all be much easier targets for corporations' predations and shitty, toxic products after RP got done destroying federal regulators.

LnGrrrR
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Obama compromised security. He should have just left it at "we got Bin Laden." He should have said the details are not to be released for OPSEC reasons. They should have even waited days, or weeks and not tipped their hand and continued collecting information usable from the compound, which surely was largely useless when everyone knew we had it.

Ok, let's break this down. So you think the US could just, what, lay claim to the compound? Without anyone else attacking it? Without Pakistan being pissed off? How much more info do you think the compound had that they didn't already get off the numerous hard drives and other data they confiscated?

Also, you are aware that by telling the world we had recovered info, it was a psychological blow to recruitment of terrorists everywhere? As part of our training to be resistant to capture/interrogation, they let us know that it's likely that if we are captured that the terrorists will try to scour facebook, social media etc to learn everything they can about their captured target. And guess what? They tell the target they know everything. They do so in order to seem omnipotent and get a mental edge over their opponent. Obama was doing the same thing by revealing that they had some information on the enemy, hopefully leading the enemy to double-guess themselves and make mistakes.

So you know anything about national security?

You don't act like it.

I'm pretty sure I know at least as much about national security as you do... which isn't a whole lot compared to those who are briefing the President. You don't think that before he said all this stuff it didn't get signed off on multiple layers? Aren't conservatives always bitching about layers of red tape in the government? And yet you think Obama just winged this up on stage by himself? :lmao

Clipper Nation
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
If Ron Paul was president, we would probably not have been attacked at all, because he would close down our military bases in the region and pull us out of their backyard. That is their biggest gripe with us. I disagree with Ron Paul's isolationist tilt, but we would probably be much safer in terms of national security with him at the helm.

He's not an isolationist, he's a non-interventionist.... there's a big difference, as isolationism also greatly restricts trade, while Paul is for the freest possible trade, tbh....

Clipper Nation
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM

but we would all be much easier targets for corporations' predations and shitty, toxic products after RP got done destroying federal regulators.

Really? Did the Federal Reserve stop predatory lending and runaway corporatism? How about the bailouts, did those do anything? Where are all the magical regulations and why aren't they ending the banksters' and special interests' control over our laws and economy?

Seems to me that the government has been REWARDING corporatist monopolies with their programs, laws, and meddling into the free market, not preventing it, tbh.... with sound money, an unfettered free market, and no more corporate welfare, businesses would have to compete on their own merits, not on who's "too big to fail" and who deserves the most crony $$$....

mercos
08-16-2012, 06:25 PM

No doubt. I disagree with most of Ron Paul's agenda, especially on the domestic front, but I admit some of his foreign policy stances have merit. I don't necessarily agree with all of them either.

Winehole23
12-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Charles Grassley: IG covered up top secret leaks by senior DOD officials to "Zero Dark Thirty"

https://exposefacts.org/chuck-grassley-questions-why-dod-inspector-general-cannot-report-on-senior-official-leaks/

Winehole23
10-02-2016, 09:10 AM
A senior intelligence official has settled with the federal government after he alleged that he was punished for disclosing that the Pentagon’s watchdog had shielded former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta from allegations that he’d leaked sensitive information.

Daniel Meyer, who previously oversaw the Defense Department’s decisions on whistleblower cases, also accused the Pentagon inspector general’s office of targeting him for being gay.

(http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article91949562.html#storylink=cpy)

As part of the agreement, the Pentagon inspector general’s officesaid it would give Meyer an undisclosed monetary settlement, according to three people with knowledge of the negotiations. They asked to remain anonymous because of the sensitivity of the matter.Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article105229571.html#storylink=cpy

Winehole23
10-02-2016, 09:10 AM
A draft of the inspector general’s report had concluded that Panetta had leaked classified information to the makers of the film “Zero Dark Thirty,” Meyer said. That conclusion, however, was removed from the report’s final version.

Since then, the CIA has released documents that support Meyer’s allegations.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article105229571.html#storylink=cpy

Winehole23
10-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Obama's persecution of whistleblowers is backfiring:

Meyer’s settlement, however, comes as an investigation into a related case advances.

The Justice Department inspector general is looking into allegations that officials with the Pentagon inspector general’s office improperly destroyed documents in a court proceeding.

Crane, who was mentioned in Meyer’s complaint, alleged Pentagon officials had destroyed documents connected to the criminal case of former National Security Agency whistleblower Thomas Drake. (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article67392097.html)Crane, who resigned in 2013, says he was forced out after blowing the whistle on the alleged destruction and other matters. He contends Pentagon inspector general officials destroyed the documents to cover up evidence that might have exonerated Drake.

In a sign that the Justice Department inspector general’s office is moving forward in its inquiry, investigators have interviewed Drake.

The government’s criminal case against Drake fell apart in 2011, and he was sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to a minor misdemeanor for exceeding the authorized use of a government computer.

Drake was one of the first officials to be targeted by the Obama administration (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/12/30/251471/intelligence-defense-whistleblowers.html) under the Espionage Act for allegedly leaking to the news media.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article105229571.html#storylink=cpy

Winehole23
10-02-2016, 09:15 AM
The inquiry arose from one of a series of still-secret complaints filed by multiple former and current officials in the Pentagon inspector general’s office about the office’s handling of whistleblower cases (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/12/30/251471/intelligence-defense-whistleblowers.html).

The group, whose identities are protected as part of the whistleblowing system, accused senior officials within the inspector general’s office of attempting to water down or change findings in whistleblower investigations because of fear of political controversy.

“There are still outstanding concerns about how DOD IG treats whistleblowers,” said Mandy Smithberger, an expert on national security whistleblowers with the Project on Government Oversight, a nonprofit government watchdog.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Who do the IG's report directly to? The President?

Winehole23
10-02-2016, 12:34 PM
they report to whoever runs the agency.

the prosecution of whistleblowers under Obama is without parallel in US history -- sorry if you object to the common parlance.