PDA

View Full Version : Biden getting the boot?

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/today-day_650058.html

boutons_deux
08-16-2012, 09:19 AM
weeklystandard

:lol

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
boutox

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
boutox

Most polls are showing Romney ahead. God bless

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Obama is definitely desperate. You can tell by the sleaze campaign he is running.

Winehole23
08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
or, negative works.

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:56 AM
or, negative works.

He's desperate because even running the sleaze campaign his numbers aren't moving.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Obama is definitely desperate. You can tell by the sleaze campaign he is running.

Romney and the gang have not begun to run those negative ads yet. All those "promises" obama made that didn't get done ads will go over well. I think his first day on the job obama signed for the closure of gitmo. Remember gitmo and all those discussions. There is a long list. Lots to choose from.

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Romney and the gang have not begun to run those negative ads yet. All those "promises" obama made that didn't get done ads will go over well. I think his first day on the job he signed for the closure of gitmo. Remember gitmo and all those discussions. There is a long list. Lots to choose from.

Gitmo will not be an issue. It only pisses off democrats. It would be pretty stupid to run ads that "Obama did not close a facility we didn't want closed".

Winehole23
08-16-2012, 10:03 AM
lol armchair psychoanalysis

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
If Clinton decides to join the ticket, I wonder how many times we're going to see the President's Vice Presidential running mate say, "Shame on you, Barack Obama!"

sxoVqMhuzTo

I hope she's in there, this morning, saying, "you idiots made this bed now, you can sleep in it."

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
needs to change his name to "john wayne"

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Gitmo will not be an issue. It only pisses off democrats. It would be pretty stupid to run ads that "Obama did not close a facility we didn't want closed".

My point is right out of the gate, day 1 Obama didn't do jack. Turns out that was a photo op. The good stuff is coming. God bless

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
My point is right out of the gate, day 1 Obama didn't do jack. Turns out that was a photo op. The good stuff is coming. God bless

I don't like it, but I don't call Obamacare "not doing jack".

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Point taken. Obamacare is ultimately what is going to sack Obama. God bless

DarrinS
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope he's not getting the boot. I was looking forward to that debate. :depressed

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I hope he's not getting the boot. I was looking forward to that debate. :depressed

True. Biden's an idiot. Hillary would be a lot more formidable.

Winehole23
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-august-15-2012-brian-williams

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Did y'all see the clip of Rudy Giuliani talking about Biden?...:lmao

dEdGPKnlq9I

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
rudy "9/11"? lol

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Hillary " the sky will open, the light will come down, choirs will be playing and everyone will know we will do the right thing and the world will be perfect" love to see that video run if she joins up. God bless

mercos
08-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Not sure what polls you are looking at, but even Fox News has Obama up 9 points now. That is the reason most believe Romney went with a more risky pick in Paul Ryan. He is the one who in fact is desperate.

Creepn
08-16-2012, 10:34 AM
She would win the presidency if she decides to run in 2016. Obama would endorse the fuck out of her.

clambake
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Not sure what polls you are looking at, but even Fox News has Obama up 9 points now. That is the reason most believe Romney went with a more risky pick in Paul Ryan. He is the one who in fact is desperate.

just fox trying to rally the base.

first, of course, they have to explain what polls are.

coyotes_geek
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM

dEdGPKnlq9I

You can tell that Rudy is pissed that he's the one guy Biden was able to connect on with a zinger.

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I think the point is, Obama hasn't done anything that's POSITIVE.

You're right, Obamacare was quite a feat. What with the Cornhusker Kickback and the Louisiana Purchase, and a fraudulent election in Minnesota thrown in, to boot; he was able to lie, cheat, and steal that piece of shit legislation across the finish line.

Quite an accomplishment.

a) It steals $716 billion from Medicare, and;
b) It's gone from the CBO scoring at a $450 billion dollar surplus to a $1.5 trillion drain on the economy, over the next 10 years.
c) You can't keep your doctor and you can't keep your insurance.

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 10:47 AM
She would win the presidency if she decides to run in 2016.
That depends on being on the ticket, Obama winning, and the economy turning around.

Obama would endorse the fuck out of her.
You say that as if it's a positive.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 10:53 AM

If by most you mean the opposite then its true.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 10:53 AM

How do you figure the guy ahead in pretty much every metric is desperate?

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 10:54 AM

First two I looked at,Ramaussen and gallop have Romney up. I think our clown, clambake migh be right about fox. God bless

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

:lol desperate and most

ElNono
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Looks like dumb Joe doesn't matter. well, snap.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
First two I looked at,Ramaussen and gallop have Romney up. I think our clown, clambake migh be right about fox. God bless

LOL so you look at 2 and think thats most? Some outstanding analysis there.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 11:01 AM
LOL so you look at 2 and think thats most? Some outstanding analysis there.

Brother, math is not your strength. I even mentioned the fox poll in that same post. That's 3 for sures. FYI, I looked at more. God bless

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 11:08 AM
The guy who doesn't know what most means is telling me math is not my strength?

Who's up in most polls again?

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Are you counting the D+19 polls?

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Jeezus Yoni...although I wouldn't call either leading by a significant margin, Obama is still coming out slightly on top in a lot of polls...but as we all know, polls can be skewed by the organization doing the poll.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know what you mean by D+19.

I used a site that is run by GOP people and their national polls aren't even close. The only 2 Romney is winning aren't even out of the MOE. No serious poll monitor thinks Romney is winning this race. Thats why the two sites I follow such as 538 have Obama as a clear favorite to win so far. He's winning the national polls and he's winning when you look at state polls one by one.

You can ignore the polls if you want, but to try to make them seem favorable to Romney is laughable. I remember you not willing to bet on the race in 2008 that you were so sure the polls were wrong in predicting, Yoni. I doubt you're willing to put anything behind your declarations this time around.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Jeezus Yoni...although I wouldn't call either leading by a significant margin, Obama is still coming out slightly on top in a lot of polls...but as we all know, polls can be skewed by the organization doing the poll.

Yup, which is why Rasmussen always leans right. FWIW, Rasmussen also had Obama behind much of the time in 08. I don't think that turned out right.

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, for now...

White House says Obama will stick with Biden as running mate (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/presidential-campaign/243983-white-house-says-obama-is-sticking-with-biden-as-running-mate)

Of course, David Axelrod went on MSNBC before hand and reaffirmed his confidence in Slow Joe.

Axelrod Won't Rule Out Biden Being Dropped, Tells Joke Instead (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/axelrod-wont-rule-out-biden-being-dropped-tells-joke-instead_650073.html)

"Listen, I have a great affection and respect for Joe Biden," Axelrod said, according to a rush transcript. "I think he's been a great vice president. He's taken on a lot of tough assignments for our administration. ... from administering the recovery act -- and he did it very, very well -- through being the point person on the Iraq war and getting our troops home and doing that -- the politics of that over there. he's done a great job for us."
There's a lot of past tense in that paragraph.

21 days.

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't know what you mean by D+19.

I used a site that is run by GOP people and their national polls aren't even close. The only 2 Romney is winning aren't even out of the MOE. No serious poll monitor thinks Romney is winning this race. Thats why the two sites I follow such as 538 have Obama as a clear favorite to win so far. He's winning the national polls and he's winning when you look at state polls one by one.

You can ignore the polls if you want, but to try to make them seem favorable to Romney is laughable. I remember you not willing to bet on the race in 2008 that you were so sure the polls were wrong in predicting, Yoni. I doubt you're willing to put anything behind your declarations this time around.
Who's your pollster of choice, Manny?

I think Pew did a poll earlier this month or last where they oversampled Democrats by 19% in a swing state where, in 2010 and 2008, Democrats only showed up to the polls in numbers 4% greater than Republicans.

That's what I meant by D+19. There were other polls that did the same but, that was the most egregious.

SA210
08-16-2012, 01:23 PM

dEdGPKnlq9I

I'm definitely not a defender of the complete fraud that is the Obama White House, but I do find it hilarious that Giuliani wasn't saying the same about dumb ass Bush..

How soon we forget..

pWuIEIBN3sY

:lmao

pgPShicCCTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgPShicCCTA&feature=related

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Who's your pollster of choice, Manny?

I think Pew did a poll earlier this month or last where they oversampled Democrats by 19% in a swing state where, in 2010 and 2008, Democrats only showed up to the polls in numbers 4% greater than Republicans.

That's what I meant by D+19. There were other polls that did the same but, that was the most egregious.

I don't have a pollster of choice. I prefer aggregates of all polls to get a better picture as opposed to a single sampling.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
There's a lot of past tense in that paragraph.

21 days.

It may come as a shock, but when people refer to previous events they use the past tense. Amazing, isn't it?

ElNono
08-16-2012, 01:40 PM
So nothing going on with Joe? How about Mitt, is he switching to VP and handing Ryan the wheel?

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 01:41 PM
It may come as a shock, but when people refer to previous events they use the past tense. Amazing, isn't it?
How about what and how he is doing as Vice President?

Suggests his best days are behind him, imo.

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't have a pollster of choice. I prefer aggregates of all polls to get a better picture as opposed to a single sampling.
Do you do the aggregating or is there a site?

And, if a bunch of biased polls were mixed in with your aggregate polling scheme, wouldn't that affect the outcome?

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 01:43 PM
I actually think Hillary told them both to suck it, she's not cleaning up the mess Obama's made.

ElNono
08-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Agree. 538 has been pretty spot on the last few elections and is normally where I peek at polling.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Brother, I'm sticking with "most". It's you who counted two when atleast 3 were right in front of you. To display most of the polls would be a waste of my time, you already pulled the leaning right card out of your blue bag. God bless

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Do you do the aggregating or is there a site?

And, if a bunch of biased polls were mixed in with your aggregate polling scheme, wouldn't that affect the outcome?

Five Thirty Eight is widely regarded as the best.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Agree. 538 has been pretty spot on the last few elections and is normally where I peek at polling.

Nate Silver is my kind of dude. Very good at his statistical analysis in pretty much every arena.

TeyshaBlue
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM
I have about as much faith in polling as I do in faith healing...which is to say, about zero.

However, an aggregate approach normalizes outliers. I like 538 alot.

ElNono
08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I have about as much faith in polling as I do in faith healing...which is to say, about zero.

However, an aggregate approach normalizes outliers. I like 538 alot.

Agree. I peek at polls but don't really put a major stock on them.

MannyIsGod
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Polls can be fine. Series of polls have proven very accurate - even when only coming from a single pollster - at predicting the outcome of a race. Of course the closer to the election date the better the quality is.

That being said, an aggregate is always better because its more data and more data always gives you a better fix on the actual value.

But you shouldn't discount polls out of hand. Any pole that gives you all the methodology is likely valuable if not perfect.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Polls can be fine. Series of polls have proven very accurate - even when only coming from a single pollster - at predicting the outcome of a race. Of course the closer to the election date the better the quality is.

That being said, an aggregate is always better because its more data and more data always gives you a better fix on the actual value.

But you shouldn't discount polls out of hand. Any pole that gives you all the methodology is likely valuable if not perfect.

George needs to read this. God bless

SnakeBoy
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
He's desperate because even running the sleaze campaign his numbers aren't moving.

I hate to break it to you but Romney is a very long shot to win. Americans don't normally replace a sitting president. Without a strong left leaning independent on the ticket we are probably looking at 4 more years for Obama.

Which really won't be bad as long as republicans take the senate. Actually that is probably the best scenario given the history of either party when they have control of both branches.

CosmicCowboy
08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I hate to break it to you but Romney is a very long shot to win. Americans don't normally replace a sitting president. Without a strong left leaning independent on the ticket we are probably looking at 4 more years for Obama.

Which really won't be bad as long as republicans take the senate. Actually that is probably the best scenario given the history of either party when they have control of both branches.

At this point I agree with you. Ryan was a pretty bold choice and for better or worse it will force both sides to lay out a vision for improving the economy short term and ensuring our solvency long term. The next couple of months could really change things though. I don't see Obama getting through this election cycle with teleprompter scripted platitudes of "hope and change". We all want to "see the beef".

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd forgotten this.

mDdojYNHnDY

:lmao

Yonivore
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Five Thirty Eight is widely regarded as the best.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
Thank you.

Wild Cobra
08-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I'd forgotten this.

mDdojYNHnDY

:lmaoYep, that's pretty damn stupid.

ElNono
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't see Obama getting through this election cycle with teleprompter scripted platitudes of "hope and change". We all want to "see the beef".

I can see Barry winning with just "I'm not Romney" and "They're selling trickle down again"... Conversely, I expect to see very little "beef" from RR, and a lot of "we have nothing to do with that negative ad from PAC/non-profit/SPAC (but what they're saying is probably true, wink wink)".

DMC
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
No, Biden isn't very smart, but like most other elected positions, he's there mostly because of his life story, not because of his ability to govern. I think that's a great flaw in the human race that they value personal tragedy as if it were somehow an indication of leadership.

Imagine we did the same thing in medicine:

"I need a good cardiologist"

"Get Mike Johnson"

"He's not a doctor"

"His family was killed in a car crash, he's a great guy".

Jacob1983
08-16-2012, 06:16 PM
If Obama joined forces with Hilary, he will officially seal up a 4th term of Bush probably before rush hour on election day. Willard will have no fucking chance if Obama and Hilary are on the same ticket.

jack sommerset
08-16-2012, 09:53 PM
If Obama joined forces with Hilary, he will officially seal up a 4th term of Bush probably before rush hour on election day. Willard will have no fucking chance if Obama and Hilary are on the same ticket.

Prabably, women would flock to her. I would vote dem if she were running for president over mitt. God bless

Wild Cobra Kai
08-16-2012, 09:55 PM
True. Biden's an idiot. Hillary would be a lot more formidable.

Biden is your weird strange uncle. Hillary is the anti-Christess, and may be the only way the GOP could get the religious vote out with a Morman and an Objectivist on their ticket.

Jacob1983
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Obama already has a 4th term of Bush sealed up when you think about it. Romney is a weak candidate and picking the cheesehead pretty much is a white flag. Gary Johnson will also take a lot of votes from both Obama and Romney but probably more from Romney. A lot of Ron Paul supporters will vote for Gary Johnson because they sure as Hell won't vote for Obama or Romney. I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Johnson gets 2 or 3 percent of the vote and will probably get 5 percent to 8 percent in certain liberal leaning states.

Yonivore
08-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Conservative PAC gives Joe Biden a boost...

yfjn4BpmirU

boutons_deux
08-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Yoni in full paranoid conspiracy Drudge/Beck mode, yawn.

Yonivore
08-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Jonah Goldberg wrote an excellent piece on our esteemed Vice President, back in May of this year:

Big &#%!ing Joker (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/298785/big-ing-joker-jonah-goldberg?pg=1)

...Biden also seems driven in no small part by a staggering intellectual insecurity. The figurative evidence room is full of examples. The most notorious comes from Biden’s 1988 bid for the Democratic presidential nomination. He had been hounded about his law-school record and plagiarism problems (among other things, he copied five pages from a law journal for a 15-page paper and then claimed it was a footnoting error), and he was asked a question about his academic record by a resident of New Hampshire.

D1j0FS0Z6ho

He responded: “I think I have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect.” He went on:

I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship. In the first year in the law, I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class and then decided I wanted to stay, went back to law school, and, in fact, ended up in the top half of my class. I won the international moot-court competition. I was the outstanding student in the political-science department at the end of my year. I graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school and 165 credits — only needed 123 credits. And I would be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours.

Most of these statements were outright lies. Biden graduated from college with just one degree, not three. Yes, he did win a moot-court competition, but he graduated 76th in his class of 85. He wasn’t the outstanding political-science student. And why is he still talking about how many credits he graduated with? Who does that?

Biden’s intellectual insecurity can be found in his relentless (mis)use of brainy quotations from Internet sites. His speeches are often a rhetorical version of The Love Boat with special guest appearances from Aristotle, Milton, Yeats, Plato, and various unnamed poets who, we are nonetheless assured, are famous. As Meghan Clyne documented in The Weekly Standard, he often misses the point of the lines he delivers, as when in a nod to Milton he called soldiers slain on the battlefield “fallen angels” — which, strictly speaking, would suggest that the U.S. military is in open rebellion against God. Sometimes he just doesn’t quite get his audience, as when he dropped a truth-bomb from G. K. Chesterton: “It’s not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting; it’s been found difficult and left untried.” He was speaking to AIPAC, the Jewish pro-Israel lobby. He also has been caught repeatedly using a fake quote from Virgil. But that’s forgivable. We’ve all been burned that way at some point. As Thomas Jefferson famously said, “Some quotes on the Internet are not reliable.”

The best example of his incessant need to work the refs of history, however, remains his penchant for the grandiose exaggeration. This is a real problem for the White House because his hyperbole has the unintended consequence of opening legitimate accomplishments to ridicule. The most famous recent example is his declaration that the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound puts all other military operations to shame. “You can go back 500 years. You cannot find a more audacious plan. Never knowing for certain. We never had more than a 48 percent probability that he was there.” He went on: “Do any one of you have a doubt that if that raid failed that this guy would be a one-term president?#…#I’m telling you, man, this guy is not only smart as hell, he is absolutely ready to make the decision and stand back and live with it. No whining.”

The Normandy invasion, the raid on Entebbe, the Inchon landing, Gallipoli, the capture of Adolf Eichmann? Cakewalks! My favorite part is the “48 percent certainty” bit. Where does this number come from? Do people in the White House actually believe they can predict the future (never mind military operations in Pakistan) with that kind of granular precision? These are the same people, recall, who had to discover on the job that there’s no such thing as shovel-ready jobs. Where was their supercomputer crystal ball for that stuff?

Clipper Nation
08-17-2012, 10:19 AM

Unless :worthy: Ron Paul da gawd :worthy: pulls the upset in Tampa, we're in for a 4th term of Bush no matter what.... Ron bless