PDA

View Full Version : Spurs '12-13 Preseason Schedule

ace3g
08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/6052/spurs1213preseason.jpg

Bruno
08-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Good preseason schedule with only a short trip to Houston and a trip to Florida.

I find it too disappointing that the NBA has never send Spurs doing a part of the preseason in Argentina. Even if it's understandable business wise given that Argentina is a limited market, it would have been a nice gesture to do for the NBA.

urunobili
08-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Good preseason schedule with only a short trip to Houston and a trip to Florida.

I find it too disappointing that the NBA has never send Spurs doing a part of the preseason in Argentina. Even if it's understandable business wise given that Argentina is a limited market, it would have been a nice gesture to do for the NBA.

gr8 point. When they did camp in the USVI and France they ended up winning it all... just saying...

spurs1990
08-16-2012, 11:11 PM
For anyone like me who was thinking the US college team:

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they will host Montepaschi Sienna from Italy on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7:30 p.m. to open their seven-game 2012 preseason schedule.

This will be the third time the Spurs have hosted a Euroleague team during the preseason at the AT&T Center. The Silver and Black have welcomed two Greek teams to Alamo City in the past. In 2007, the Spurs hosted Panathinaikos and in 2009 the Silver and Black played Olympiacos.

ElNono
08-16-2012, 11:34 PM

The biggest problem is the stadium, imo... IIRC, the Luna Park is the biggest stadium in the capital and it's only 14,000 seats. Considering you probably can't charge over $50 for tickets, there's not enough money to be made there, tbh.

The only way to make it work would be to add another game in Brazil probably.

Bruno
08-17-2012, 01:30 AM
The biggest problem is the stadium, imo... IIRC, the Luna Park is the biggest stadium in the capital and it's only 14,000 seats. Considering you probably can't charge over $50 for tickets, there's not enough money to be made there, tbh.

The only way to make it work would be to add another game in Brazil probably.

When they were in France, Spurs had a game in arena with a 5,600 capacity. But, yeah, a training camp with a game in Argentina followed by a game in Brazil would make it more attractive for the NBA.

Drom John
08-17-2012, 09:32 AM
A Viktor Sanikidze visit.