PDA

View Full Version : Name that Spurfan!

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Take the Shaq/Kobe era Laker championship teams, remove Shaq and put a prime Robinson on those teams and you think D'rob doesn't get those rings?

The Gemini Method
08-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Venti Quattro!

jeebus
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I cheated with google but it's call:rollin1

Brazil
08-16-2012, 09:38 PM
easy one callo could have been TD 21 too

baseline bum
08-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Stupid quote; DRob would have gotten the 03 and 04 rings too tbh.

DMC
08-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Stupid quote but Laker fan should eat it up. He's saying prime Kobe > prime Duncan.

whitemamba
08-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Stupid quote but Laker fan should eat it up. He's saying prime Kobe > prime Duncan.

fact

Man In Black
08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
fact

F
I
C
T
I
O
N

Bona fide leader of the Spurs vs...Robin for 3.5 Titles.

stretch
08-16-2012, 11:00 PM
ambchang?

Juggity
08-17-2012, 12:48 AM
fact

:lmao

Jeff Van Gundy
08-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Can I bring an oldie but goodie?

Name this Spurfan!

I originally posted it weeks ago and I stand by what I posted. I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Carmelo. I wouldn't trade Chemistry for that cancerous cry baby. I wouldn't trade Larry Owens for Carmelo at this point. I am totally against in season trades that lead to nothing but disaster.

It's something Maverick fans can never understand. How to build a team and stand by it. Continue salivating after teams like the Miami Heat and players like Lebron James all you want. I'll take a player that wants to play for my team over a player that pouts and moans and cost his team wins any day.

baseline bum
08-17-2012, 01:36 AM
^ Point is moot since Jack is better than both. I ain't never see Carmelo make love to pressure.

Jeff Van Gundy
08-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Still fucking stupid to say Melo<Larry :lolwens

Venti Quattro
08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Guess who this spurfan is!

Why the fear when Spurs have played two bad games and barely lost the last one even with a near historic performance by both Ibaka and Durant?

Spurs have the home court for those who think it would not matter, based on statistics and the great Spurs team that still recently won 20 games - it will in the end lead to the Spurs going to the finals!

Most of all, I am calling out all those who have TOTALLY given up hope on a team that has shown resliency throughout many, many years - for the rest of you keep the faith and if needed call on recent and historical messages to stay strong and believe in yourself and others:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender Winston Churchill

IF

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son! Rudyard Kipling - If at: http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm

Stop doubting and believe.' Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!' Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed' (John 20:26-29).

I want some nasty - Gregg Popovich, 2012

BELIEVE OH THEE OF LITTLE FAITH = SPURS = GOT THIS!

baseline bum
08-17-2012, 01:43 AM
fuk yo quote cl:lolwn

ElNono
08-17-2012, 01:45 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/24o61c1.jpg

Jeff Van Gundy
08-17-2012, 01:57 AM
@ venti

:lmao

benefactor
08-17-2012, 05:35 AM
lol rummpd

TimDunkem
08-17-2012, 08:21 AM
This one honestly still hurts. Even until now.

Most days, this doesn't even occur to me, and I'm able to get on with my life. But some days, I think about how seemingly invincible we were, about how we were destined to finally bring back a championship to the Alamo city after one final glorious run, about how the conversation among pundits wasn't even whether we would win it all, but whether we were one of the best teams of all time.

benefactor
08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
You beat me to it. :)

Venti Quattro
08-17-2012, 10:27 AM
This is a very depressing thread. I can't understand why you remember the losses, when you had the oportunity to witness the greatest power foward of all time, and two of the greatest international players of all time in their primes, dominating the league for an entire decade. Hell, I wonder how the Jazz fans would feel after they had two of the 50 greatest NBA players for 15 years and didn't win shit. What's done is done

PS: If the Spurs sign a decent center and improve on defense, I don't see why they shouldn't reach the WCF again this season

benefactor
08-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Det thread is emo spurfan gold.

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2012, 01:30 PM

no he's not if prime duncan and prime robinson were on the same team they would have killed the league ded.

benefactor
08-18-2012, 04:56 PM
teams like the lakers and knicks will say who cares
their tv contracts pays them so they do not care if they have to pay major luxury tax. I believe if teams are in luxury tax they should lose their draft picks. They have to do something besides fine these teams. Money means nothing to these teams. They want to try to buy their champship. People say spur fans should not care because they do not have a legit shot unless something miracle happens. I disagree. They may not have a shot now but later and then if lakers do something like get someone like dwight howard then face major tax $$ then it hurts their chances. History shows lakers also seem to get help every year in their major weakness. Why not one of the other big market teams?

Brazil
08-18-2012, 09:55 PM
ducks