PDA

View Full Version : Drive thrus-lazy or convenient?

Lincoln
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Tbh are drive thrus for lazy people or just convenient if you can't get out of the car and in a rush? Not just for food but bank, pharmacy, coffee etc. Its kinda sad when I see 8 cars in a drive thru with only 2 people inside.

DMC
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Neither. They are to allow the establishment more opportunity for business when they have limited space inside. They are convenient sometimes however.

CuckingFunt
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I wasn't aware the two were mutually exclusive.

Avante
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Great question, I've often debated that.

I gotta go with lazy.

SpurinDallas
They are God sent when you have 2 babies in the car with you.

symple19
If you're fat, it's lazy

If you're skinny, it's convenient

:lol

baseline bum
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Convenient

http://www.ramendays.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bk-drive-thru-scooter1.jpg

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bk-drive-thru-scooter2.jpg

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bk-drive-thru-scooter4.jpg

Reck
08-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I find it rather disgusting to eat in your car so I'd go with lazy in principal but I see it as convenience imo.

Last thing you want to do is get out of your car and get jacked up at 2AM while craving a fat burger or something.

Trill Clinton
08-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I wasn't aware the two were mutually exclusive.

this.

but I lean more towards convenient. a lazy person will order delivery every time.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Drive thrus are many things to many people. The only solid rule I have about them is that if you are making a special order go inside. Speaker boxes at fast food places have come a long way in my lifetime but it's still too damn easy to get "no onions, extra pickles" or the like lost in translation on those things. And then if they get it wrong (after you've held up the line sitting there at the window double checking) then if you're lucky you can pull around to the parking lot and waste any time that you might have saved by staying in your car or worse, not have any space to move and hold up the entire damn line while they redo your burger.

DMC
08-17-2012, 03:11 PM
They are God sent when you have 2 babies in the car with you.
Especially if they aren't yours and you're running from the law.

SpurinDallas
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Especially if they aren't yours and you're running from the law.

This too, I'm sure. :lol

Lincoln
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I will usually walk in most of the time(feel like its more personal and you can interact idk) but if I really am in a rush or it's raining or I have friends with me I'll go through the drive thru. I hate eating in my car though.

For banks I just pull up to the drive thru ATM so I guess that makes me lazy :(

SpurinDallas
08-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I will usually walk in most of the time(feel like its more personal and you can interact idk) but if I really am in a rush or it's raining or I have friends with me I'll go through the drive thru. I hate eating in my car though.

For banks I just pull up to the drive thru ATM so I guess that makes me lazy :(

Drive through ATM's have become very convenient if you ever have to deposit a check or some extra cash. No need to get out of the car anymore.

Avante
08-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I never use a drive-thru however. If I'm there I'm eating there.

Slomo
08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I prefer to sit down to eat, but when I'm driving somewhere far I love how easy it is to get a coffee at the drive thru (specially at the beginning of the trip).

mrsmaalox
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't eat in my car either but I will still occ use the drive thru, but mostly just for a drink. I use the drive thru pharmacy because if I walk into a store like CVS or Walgreens I come out with at least $50 worth of stuff that caught my eye but don't really need. Always use drive up ATMs because I do all my banking online and never need to actually walk into a bank.

Oh, Gee!!
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
convenient on Sunday morning when I'm still in my pajamas

CuckingFunt
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Having only ever had cars with manual transmission, I always forget that going to the drive-thru usually means eating in your car. It's just a habit I've never developed, since driving, other than on a long stretch of freeway, requires both my hands. I'll get coffee at from the drive-thru occasionally, and will drink that in my car, but on the rare occasions I stop for fast food (whether I go in or drive-thru), the plan is always to grab food to eat when I get home.

VBM
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bk-drive-thru-scooter4.jpg

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kori Ellis
08-17-2012, 04:38 PM
For bank and pharmacy -- just super convenient. There's no reason to go inside those places, especially when you have a lot of kids with you.

leemajors
08-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Having only ever had cars with manual transmission, I always forget that going to the drive-thru usually means eating in your car. It's just a habit I've never developed, since driving, other than on a long stretch of freeway, requires both my hands. I'll get coffee at from the drive-thru occasionally, and will drink that in my car, but on the rare occasions I stop for fast food (whether I go in or drive-thru), the plan is always to grab food to eat when I get home.

Yup, only eat in my car on road trips.