PDA

View Full Version : Pop Donating to Obama??

lcroock
08-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Fire Pop ASAP. What a f**** disgrace. Sickening.

http://hoopshype.com/campaign.htm

racm
08-18-2012, 07:13 AM
What, you'd rather have him donate to Romney?

lcroock
08-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Please.
Obama is a piece of sh.t. Hands down the worst president in our nation's history, along with Jimmy Carter.
He spends most of his time on golf courses and has been in mosques more than he has in churches.

racm
08-18-2012, 07:25 AM
:lol teabagger
:lol ought to be pinked
:lol bringing politics into the Spurs board

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Please.
Obama is a piece of sh.t. Hands down the worst president in our nation's history, along with Jimmy Carter.
He spends most of his time on golf courses and has been in mosques more than he has in churches.

He's fucking black too.

benefactor
08-18-2012, 07:48 AM
:lol president
:lol man in a suit

Shastafarian
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Bring in Monte Ellis and Paul Milsap, or Josh Smith and Stephen Curry!

The Spurs need to sign Landry ASAP. He's a good inside outside PF who'd fit in well next to Timmy. Then maybe use whatever is left of the MLE or else the vet minimum for Anthony Parker. Forget Josh Howard; he's been horrid the last 2 years, especially his shot selection and FG %. Then ship off Blair and/or Bonner for whatever the heck you can get back (McRoberts would be nice). This gives us a solid 10/11 man rotation, which will be vital for the upcoming rough schedule

New Lineup
Parker - Leonard
Landry - McRoberts
Duncan - Splitter
Neal - Ginobili - Anderson
Parker - Ford

TP-Jefferson-Hill
for
Nelson-Hedo-Reddick

I would say you should stick to basketball but clearly that arena gives you some trouble too :lol

bigfan
08-18-2012, 09:10 AM
STFU about politics here.

DPG21920
08-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Obama supporters are cheap

ohmwrecker
08-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Obama detractors are stupid and need to buy dictionaries.

iManu
08-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Fire Pop ASAP. What a f**** disgrace. Sickening.

http://hoopshype.com/campaign.htm

Sometimes I forget San Antonio is in Texas.

:wakeup

ThePop
08-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Please.

Not sure if serious. Have people forgotten about the last guy in office?

dbestpro
08-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Pop does not always make the correct choice. Many Spur fans do not always understand the facts and too often live in a fantasy world. As such I will leave it up to your imagination to see if I am talking politics or basketball or both.

PublicOption
08-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Goes to show smart people know who is fucking the middle class. Maybe you need to open your damn eyes.

dbestpro
08-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Look it's real simple why Pop goes with Obama. If Romney wins then everybody might actually have the ability to get a job and there would be no time for people to spend on basketball.

cd98
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Obama has been pretty bad. Sure Bush was too. America is 0-2.

But who cares if Pop donates to Obama. It's just going to get thrown into another political ad no one will watch.

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
that 5gs was probably for that meet and greet lunch obama had here last month

spurs1990
08-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah I imagine there's a personal link between him and Obama.

Knowing his background ( military, disciplinarian) I'd figure he leans right politically.

But at the end of the day Pop is upper class, and along with the lower class neither is affected by who wins in Nov.

Kamnik
08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
From an outside perspective (I am not an American):

-You have 2 bad candidates.

-It does not matter who wins because their actions are/will be 90% the same.

-Most big corporations and billionares donate to both (openly or secretly) so they have person in office who is in "debt" to them.

-American politics are completely broken and won't get fixed by either Romney or Obama.

Long story short - It is a waste of air (or 01010101) to argue who is better/worse because either one of them won't do what is necessary to make the lives of people better.

Plumblbw
08-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Whilst I've been to the states a ton of times I won't claim to understand your political system. However, I do find politics interesting.

Can I ask without offending anyone, does it really make that much of a difference whether a democrat or republican is in power? And if the other party is selected, do people evaluate what that president did with bias?

Speaking from a UK perspective our main parties are the Conservatives and Labour. I personally never vote, because I honestly couldn't give a rat's a5se whether Labour or the Conservatives are selected. The only exception would be if the BNP were winning, because they're a bunch of racist b*stards.

The reason I do not vote is:

A) They lie through their teeth and promise the world to get into power, but never deliver on their promises.

B) As Russell Brand so eloquently put when replying to "Bully Defender's" death threat where he stated "Stick to figuring out your pathetic government" (his was after Brand had cussed Bush in a joke, which most Americans didn't take as a joke):

"Oh no no, hey, don't have a go at my government. As if I'm bothered, I think they're w*nkers en all".

Off-topic, but if you haven't seen the whole death threat clip, it's worth a watch. This is the version from the O2 Arena in North Greenwich, London. He did a version in NYC, but held back on some of the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZwDiOyB_Q

Plumblbw
08-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Whilst I've been to the states a ton of times I won't claim to understand your political system. However, I do find politics interesting.

Can I ask without offending anyone, does it really make that much of a difference whether a democrat or republican is in power? And if the other party is selected, do people evaluate what that president did with bias?

Speaking from a UK perspective our main parties are the Conservatives and Labour. I personally never vote, because I honestly couldn't give a rat's a5se whether Labour or the Conservatives are selected. The only exception would be if the BNP were winning, because they're a bunch of racist b*stards.

The reason I do not vote is:

A) They lie through their teeth and promise the world to get into power, but never deliver on their promises.

B) As Russell Brand so eloquently put when replying to "Bully Defender's" death threat where he stated "Stick to figuring out your pathetic government" (his was after Brand had cussed Bush in a joke, which most Americans didn't take as a joke):

"Oh no no, hey, don't have a go at my government. As if I'm bothered, I think they're w*nkers en all".

Off-topic, but if you haven't seen the whole death threat clip, it's worth a watch. This is the version from the O2 Arena in North Greenwich, London. He did a version in NYC, but held back on some of the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZwDiOyB_Q

Proxy
08-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Knowing his background ( military, disciplinarian) I'd figure he leans right politically.

But at the end of the day Pop is upper class, and along with the lower class neither is affected by who wins in Nov.

I think it has more to do with that you have to be a complete piece of shit or a complete moron to affiliate with the GOP

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
This thread happens every four years.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM

He's always been a Dem.

pad300
08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I think it has more to do with that you have to be a complete piece of shit or a complete moron to affiliate with the GOP

And the Democrats continue to complain about a lack of civility in politics...

Suffice it to say, that Obama's economic policies have been disastrous, and he appears to plan to continue along the same lines. Furthermore, his ethics, and those of his advisers have been utterly disgusting. Finally, his foreign policy has been ugly both in terms of human costs around the world, and has significantly diminished US international influence.

DPG21920
08-18-2012, 11:03 AM
:lmao Obama pandering to the NBA and still getting less money from the NBA than Rombron.

Russ
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Pop does not always make the correct choice.

Pop was a fairly large contributor to John Edwards at one point.

I generally agree with his politics if not always the candidates he falls for.:flag:

PublicOption
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM

-Most big corporations and billionares donate to both (openly or secretly) so they have person in office who is in "debt" to them.

-American politics are completely broken and won't get fixed by either Romney or Obama.

Long story short - It is a waste of air (or 01010101) to argue who is better/worse because either one of them won't do what is necessary to make the lives of people better.

100% correct. The time spent arguing is to make us think there is a great divide and we

have choice. In reality there is very little to chose from.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 11:26 AM
100% correct. The time spent arguing is to make us think there is a great divide and we

We do have a choice: Ron Paul, or statism.... Ron bless

TimmehC
08-18-2012, 11:26 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjnxxjsr-LV1zC3zdKQBG66_9ZVbBM-Y9cnvD5wXxGDDcdO9qxmdYtb5k13Q

Kori Ellis
08-18-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.newsmeat.com/sports_political_donations/Gregg_Popovich.php

He doesn't have a good track record with picking winners.

jack sommerset
08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Any black people on that list give to mitt? God bless

Proxy
08-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Suffice it to say, that Obama's economic policies have been disastrous, and he appears to plan to continue along the same lines. Furthermore, his ethics, and those of his advisers have been utterly disgusting. Finally, his foreign policy has been ugly both in terms of human costs around the world, and has significantly diminished US international influence.

Does assuming I'm a democrat make you feel better? I'm just an advocate of science and education. As long as they think their religious beliefs belong in the blueprint for this country, they'll be the more embarrassing half.

DesignatedT
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Pop has hinted several times over the years during interviews where he stands politically. No breaking news here.

bklynspursfan
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Good stuff Pop :tu

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 12:17 PM

No shit they have been a failure, since he extended the Bush tax cuts to drive the nation further into debt.

Duncan2177
08-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Pop doesn't come off as the liberal democrat type.

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 12:20 PM

efKguI0NFek

I do vote though, and I always feel like a sucker immediately after finishing the ballot.

I like one of the comments from that video:

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Pop doesn't come off as the liberal democrat type.

You didn't hear his opinion on Obama's healthcare bill then.

spurs10
08-18-2012, 12:27 PM
:toast

DAF86
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Pop, Manu, Tim, Tony, they are all a bunch of hippies.

thOOdee
08-18-2012, 01:43 PM
:tu to pop for picking the way lesser of two evils.

lcroock
08-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Funny how some people still think Obama is the savior...brainwashed shmucks (i.e. black NBA players!!).
At least Pop's vote won't count.

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
:lol teabaggers
:lol fix deficit by lowering taxes
:lol Gabriel Santorum smartest member of the party

Proxy
08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/trickle-down-economics.jpg

MarCowMar
08-18-2012, 04:01 PM
No Ron Paul donors? Sad.

dbestpro
08-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Does assuming I'm a democrat make you feel better? I'm just an advocate of science and education. As long as they think their religious beliefs belong in the blueprint for this country, they'll be the more embarrassing half.

Science and education going back hundreds of years swear they know the answer until proven wrong by someone who is a non-coformist thus questioning their merit as a scientist or a political lackey.

A true scientist proves something to be probably true and then turns around and attempts to disprove his work. They don't get caught up in beliefs one way or the other.

Proxy
08-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Science and education going back hundreds of years swear they know the answer until proven wrong by someone who is a non-coformist thus questioning their merit as a scientist or a political lackey.

A true scientist proves something to be probably true and then turns around and attempts to disprove his work. They don't get caught up in beliefs one way or the other.

By 'They,' I meant Republicans.

pad300
08-18-2012, 08:08 PM

I see your a "independent", who thinks that:

I hope for your sake, you know a good psychiatrist; you either have delusions about your political affiliation, or your self worth is so screwed up that you believe yourself to be "a complete piece of shit or a complete moron"...

vander
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Pop hoping Obama will appoint a czar of NBA fairness, penalize and restrict the big market teams, give huge 0% loans to small market teams if they unionize and switch to wind power...

CGD
08-18-2012, 08:47 PM

Blanket statements are dangerous. Also this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

Proxy
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I see your a "independent", who thinks that:

I hope for your sake, you know a good psychiatrist; you either have delusions about your political affiliation, or your self worth is so screwed up that you believe yourself to be "a complete piece of shit or a complete moron"...

Would it be a stretch for someone to think that both parties are corrupted but one is worse than the other? Wrap you mind around the possibilities.

PM me if you want to continue this. I don't.

Buddy Holly
08-18-2012, 08:54 PM

Other things you forgot:

San Antonio voted for Obama.

Trolls gonna troll.

Juggity
08-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Never would've guessed that Pop leaned left, but that earns him even more points from me tbh

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Pop hoping Obama will appoint a czar of NBA fairness, penalize and restrict the big market teams, give huge 0% loans to small market teams if they unionize and switch to wind power...

:lol retarded rand follower
:lol bonner fan
:lol got butthurt when I called George Hill a dime a dozen bench guard

vander
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
:lol retarded rand follower
:lol bonner fan
:lol got butthurt when I called George Hill a dime a dozen bench guard

GH doing all right

Obama not so much

unless food stamp nation with trillion dollar deficits is your utopia.

I would :lol doesn't understand freedom, economics, history, what built America, ect.

except it's not funny at all

destroy success! equal misery for everyone!

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 09:49 PM
GH doing all right

So dime a dozen starter instead of dime a dozen bench player.

Obama not so much unless food stamp nation with trillion dollar deficits is your utopia.

Yeah, he's a piece of shit for swinging right on tax policy, healthcare. No shit tax cuts and wars create enormous deficits.

I would :lol doesn't understand freedom,

:lol slaveowners writing the constitution and talking about freedom

economics,

:lol Greenspan's Randian philosophy on regulation of derivatives directly creating the 2008 depression

history, what built America, ect.

genocide, indentured servitude, slavery, land, two oceans to protect from invasion, Europe and Japan being blown to rubble

except it's not funny at all

destroy success! equal misery for everyone!

:lol retard thinks anyone who isn't a sociopath wingnut like Rand is a Communist

vander
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
So dime a dozen starter instead of dime a dozen bench player.

Yeah, he's a piece of shit for swinging right on tax policy, healthcare. No shit tax cuts and wars create enormous deficits.

:lol Greenspan's Randian philosophy on regulation of derivatives directly creating the 2008 depression

genocide, indentured servitude, slavery, land, two oceans to protect from invasion, Europe and Japan being blown to rubble

:lol retard thinks anyone who isn't a sociopath wingnut like Rand is a Communist

the fact that people actually think these things is why I've pretty much given up hope for humanity. it's over, people like you don't deserve the freedom and prosperity you are destroying, you deserve the Orwellian future we will undoubtedly reach.

it's just a shame you have to take the rest of us down with you.

baseline bum, I mean this from the bottom of my heart: Hell is too good a place for people like you.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM

:lol Ignoring that the racist shit was amended out
:lol Ad hominem attacks on the Founders don't change the fact that we need Constitutional limits on government

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:16 PM
:cry my neocon talking points are bullshit :cry

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 10:17 PM
the fact that people actually think these things is why I've pretty much given up hope for humanity. it's over, people like you don't deserve the freedom and prosperity you are destroying, you deserve the Orwellian future we will undoubtedly reach.

Son, it's not like your boy Willard would stop the Orwellian future, in fact, it would be worse under him, tbh.... Ron bless

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:19 PM
:lol Ad hominem attacks on the Founders don't change the fact that we need Constitutional limits on government

I thought we were talking about freedom and what built this country. It's pretty clear this country wasn't built on the idea of freedom for all in even the most basic sense of people not being personal property.

Juggity
08-18-2012, 10:22 PM

it's just a shame you have to take the rest of us down with you.

baseline bum, I mean this from the bottom of my heart: Hell is too good a place for people like you.

:cry flipping through my dog-eared copy of Atlas Shrugged and highlighting passages :cry

:cry no hope for humanity :cry

:cry if you don't agree with my political philosophy, you're going to hell :cry

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
:lol vander sounds like one of those retarded teabaggers who think Obama is a communist

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I thought we were talking about freedom and what built this country. It's pretty clear this country wasn't built on the idea of freedom for all in even the most basic sense of people not being personal property.
The Constitution was based on freedom for every person its freedoms were expressly given to, tbh.... they weren't given to African-Americans or women at the time, but this was changed through the amendment process.... the Founders implemented an amendment process for a reason, allowing the document to reflect the changes in cultural attitude over time....

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
The Constitution was based on freedom for every person its freedoms were expressly given to, tbh.... they weren't given to African-Americans or women at the time, but this was changed through the amendment process.... the Founders implemented an amendment process for a reason, allowing the document to reflect the changes in cultural attitude over time....

I never saw the phrase "All white landowners are created equal". From the beginning the constitution has just been a piece of paper that was ignored any time it was politically/economically advantageous to do so.

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:37 PM
:cry vander logged off to play WoW :cry

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 10:42 PM
From the beginning the constitution has just been a piece of paper that was ignored any time it was politically/economically advantageous to do so.
Which is a damn shame, because a Constitutional government would be small, inexpensive, efficient, and a lot more honorable than the current mess, tbh....

DeadlyDynasty
08-18-2012, 11:51 PM
http://www.prosebeforehos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/trickle-down-economics.jpg

crofl

silverblackfan
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Ugh. The one site I go to for non-political news and this lame thread is thrown.
That said, good for Pop. Support who you want. Welcome to a free society. I wouldn't support BO, but everyone has a choice. Even great coaches can make a bad one...

DeadlyDynasty
08-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Ugh. The one site I go to for non-political news and this lame thread is thrown.
That said, good for Pop. Support who you want. Welcome to a free society. I wouldn't support BO, but everyone has a choice. Even great coaches can make a bad one...

"I don't like politics in the spurs forum, but Popovich is wrong for voting Democrat."

The Reckoning
08-19-2012, 01:10 AM

first european's take ive read that doesnt worship obama for being elected tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2012, 01:11 AM
He is a graduated on the air force academy with a degree in soviet studies. It's pretty obvious that he is party to the intelligence community. I know they have been much maligned since the debacle in iraq but I suspect in regards to politics he makes a much more informed choice than most everyone here myself not excluded.

baseline bum
08-19-2012, 01:12 AM
"I don't like politics in the spurs forum, but Popovich is wrong for voting Democrat."

:cry .......... :cry :cry ...... :cry
:cry ........ :cry ... :cry .... :cry
:cry:cry:cry..... :cry :cry ...... :cry:cry:cry

lefty
08-19-2012, 01:13 AM
" Barack, please take Bonner with you.. I'll give you anything you want "

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Which is a damn shame, because a Constitutional government would be small, inexpensive, efficient, and a lot more honorable than the current mess, tbh....

meh. geographic regionalism stopped being a reality 100 years ago. that was the basis for the 10th amendment.

the failure for the constitution to address political parties and corporate entities is much more at the root of our ills than how judicial review has been applied to Article I and Amendment X.

#1 Timmys Fan
08-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Can I ask without offending anyone, does it really make that much of a difference whether a democrat or republican is in power?

Not offensive at all, it's a good question. No, it doesn't make any meaningful difference. They are both bought and paid for. Most idiots in this country don't understand this simple truth, and that is one reason it is not going to change any time soon.

T Park
08-19-2012, 02:31 AM
No shit they have been a failure, since he extended the Bush tax cuts to drive the nation further into debt.

stimulus spending bills and other giant spending expenditures had nothin to do with it.

Nah.

Buddy Holly
08-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Why hasn't this shit thread been moved to Politics?

Cane
08-19-2012, 05:57 AM

noles1983
08-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Pop= doesnt give a shit about any of us
Obama=doesnt give a shit about any of us
Romney=doesnt give a shit about any of us
Any politician now or ever=doesnt give a shit about any of us

So i ask, who gives a shit?

byrontx
08-19-2012, 10:06 AM

The Constitutional limits on government went out the window under Bush. The worst harm to the county was the unprovoked attack on Iraq that cost the nation $4 trillion in debt, a fact generally overlooked by budget-minded Republicans.

dbestpro
08-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd vote for anyone who would move us to a progressive sales tax. This way everyone would have skin in the game, but the guy with the big purse strings would pay more tax for his big ticket items. The IRS then could focus on business tax collections and stop scaring the crap out of the average working person.

The fact so many disagree about government is no one knows how to follow all its laws. Making life simpler would go a long way to making life better especially for the future generations.

rascal
08-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Please.

Better than Bush (weapons of mass destruction).

rascal
08-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Most people around the world view Texans as a joke.

cd98
08-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Thanks a lot Rick Perry.

Clipper Nation
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
The Constitutional limits on government went out the window under Bush. The worst harm to the county was the unprovoked attack on Iraq that cost the nation $4 trillion in debt, a fact generally overlooked by budget-minded Republicans.

Actually, the unconstitutional shit in regards to war started a long time ago with the Korean War (the first American war not to be Constitutionally declared).... Bush just further ramped up the abuses....

buujness
08-19-2012, 07:37 PM

Are you talking about efficient when it comes to laws being made or more efficient as far as making each dollar they spend count? If you mean the latter, then I won't question you; if you mean the former, then I have to disagree. A Constitutional government would put a lot more power into the hands of Congress (you know, that legislative body that can't do a damn thing thanks in large part to the Constitution itself). The Constitution set up a government that was designed to be inefficient, so that laws would be very difficult to pass: James Madison coined the phrase "the tyranny of the majority" which speaks directly to what many of the Founding Fathers were trying to fight against.

Not to mention that the Congress has willingly given up a lot of their authority to the President anyway, because it was more convenient to pass the buck than to do their jobs. Especially when it comes foreign affairs (the Senate almost never formally declares war anymore). Congress has shown in the last half century or so that when the times get tough, they tuck tail and run, and leave the President to clean it up.

As to the question about whether it matters very much who the President is in reality, the answer is no, because Congress actually does have responsibilities over domestic issues, but they don't do shit. The only difference that the President makes is the potential changes that can be made, but when it comes down to it, most of those changes will never be made.

Long story short: Fuck Congress.

dbestpro
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Most of the time when i hear this its by someone who ain't traveled too much. i find that the view of Texas and the US is just the opposite by most of the street people in countries all over the world. Our existence provides for many the only hope that they have of things getting better in their own country. Never under estimate the value of USAID and other associated programs.

Em-City
08-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Most of the time when i hear this its by someone who ain't traveled too much. i find that the view of Texas and the US is just the opposite by most of the street people in countries all over the world. Our existence provides for many the only hope that they have of things getting better in their own country. Never under estimate the value of USAID and other associated programs.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rollin

ElNono
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM

:rollin

Seventyniner
08-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Long story short: Fuck Congress.

This. This country's debt all originated in Congress, and while Obama has enabled a crippling amount of spending, GWB isn't blameless either. Until a Congress and President can get up the balls to actually significantly cut entitlement spending, all these arguments are pissing in the wind.

dbestpro
08-19-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rollin

You're right. It is funny that I forgot the exception of the bankrupt socialist leadership.

Spursfan092120
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/jpruulf/f35m12c73/who_fuckin_cares.gif

Do y'all really give a shit about who he wants to be president?

howbouthemspurs
08-19-2012, 11:10 PM
President Obama is my hero.... just saying

crc21209
08-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Anybody but that piece of crap Romney....

sammy
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Please.

Really! Stop watching Fixed News and learn! You are a dumbass ignorant idiot! Worst President ever is George Bush! Were you under a rock during that 8 year debacle!:bang

Anyway, kudos to Pop!:toast

sammy
08-20-2012, 08:51 AM
" Barack, please take Bonner with you.. I'll give you anything you want "

LOL! :lol Even Obama wouldn't take the worthless wonder! LOL!:rollin:rollin

sammy
08-20-2012, 08:56 AM

Agreed!:toast Not to mention the unpaid wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, prescription drug bill and no child left behind which were all put on the credit card and Obama inherited that albatross. While Bush inherited a surplus from Clinton and then Bush & the Republicans proceeded to run the country into ground! :bang

xmas1997
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
How anyone can vote Republican after that farce called Bush escapes me.
I'm surprised he didn't ruin the party.
He definitely gave Texas a black eye, I'm ashamed to admit he is from here, especially with Perry being from the same mold.

dbestpro
08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone who looks at only the republicans or the democrats, Obama or Bush as the problem without consideration for the other probably believe you can win an NBA championship with all offense and no defense. Narrow minded is as narrow minded does.

Just sayin.

byrontx
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Actually, the unconstitutional shit in regards to war started a long time ago with the Korean War (the first American war not to be Constitutionally declared).... Bush just further ramped up the abuses....

You are right about that. We need to reign in the Commander-inChief stuff and require a declaration fo war when the involvement involves a certain level of commitment and there is a not time constraint involved.

byrontx
08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
How anyone can vote Republican after that farce called Bush escapes me.
I'm surprised he didn't ruin the party.
He definitely gave Texas a black eye, I'm ashamed to admit he is from here, especially with Perry being from the same mold.

Bush was the worst President ever and many of his decisions still have life today with the potential to generate more harm to the country. The Citizens United case stems from his appointments to the court. I can't see how anyone can see the corporate takeover of the country with anything but alarm. When corporations have to die on the battlefield then they are approaching being a legal person but the original definition was that they were regarded as a legal person for the purpose of conducting business only; even then there is so much to that decision. The fact that sovereign Chinese money can be freely used to influence an American election is incredibly stupid and dangerous. Any teaparty folks reading here should note that the original tea party was also an expression disgust with corporate power (East India Trading Co.). The Founding Fathers had a good reason to fear corporate power and we should these days also. I will note that few people today calling themselves conservatives seem to have true conservative values.

...with all that said why isn't this moved to the political thread. Doesn't seem right here.

Mikesatx
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Blanket statements are dangerous. Also this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

Your Forbes article is bogus. The writer bases Obama's increased spending on the spending by Bush in 2008. In 2008 we had the massive bailout. If I spend 100k a year and then one year buy a home for 300k it shouldn't be assumed that I will now be spending 400k per year. The home purchase and bailouts were one time expenditures not meant to be assumed to occur every year.

urunobili
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
This thread would be better with a poll attached to it...

spurs10
08-20-2012, 02:20 PM

Budkin
08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Please.

:lmao x1000

Ignorant fuck.

Budkin
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
FYI move this to Politics someone.

dbestpro
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I think this thread stays where it is because it seems to be the only thing being discussed even if it is far removed from the Spurs.

ElNono
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
That commie Pop should stop spending the money he earned any way he pleases...

ElNono
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
CIA Pop pretending to be a Democrat to connect better with his black, hispanic and euro players, all socialist commies. Nothing to see here.

Aiko9245
08-20-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXgEoQviIBw

Haters gonna hate. Israelis going to POP POP POPOVICH.

sahoopster
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM

:downspin: Wow! This, of all things, inspired me to post when I never post. "he wants some nasty gaaaaame."

Aiko9245
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
:downspin: Wow! This, of all things, inspired me to post when I never post. "he wants some nasty gaaaaame."

I was going to make it its own post, but it seemed to fit here.

lcroock
08-20-2012, 06:01 PM

Ignorant fuck.

Me an ignorant fuck? No chance. I guess you are one of those left wing numbnuts who is brainwashed by the Obama clan. Go listen to Michael Savage and maybe you'll learn a thing or two about what Obama is doing to this country. So sad that people are voting for this pathetic loser.

celldweller
08-20-2012, 06:19 PM

:lmao That video had me rolling!:lmao

Also IMO, POP can give his money to whoever he wants.

.......btw FUCK Obama and all his stupid robot minions!

Clipper Nation
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Go listen to Michael Savage and maybe you'll learn a thing or two about what Obama is doing to this country.

:lmao

If you're going to troll, be less transparent about it, B....

baseline bum
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Me an ignorant fuck? No chance. I guess you are one of those left wing numbnuts who is brainwashed by the Obama clan. Go listen to Michael Savage and maybe you'll learn a thing or two about what Obama is doing to this country. So sad that people are voting for this pathetic loser.

:cry president born in kenya :cry
:cry no one here listens to the birther and his rightwing conspiracy theories :cry

Bill_Brasky
08-20-2012, 06:48 PM
OP sounds like a fucking loon who ignores politics at the local level and voices his retarded misguided opinions and votes in the presidential elections to give him a false feeling of accomplishment.

Really, your local politicians/representatives affect your life way more than the president ever could. That's what you should really pay attention to and care about.

ElNono
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Not going to hate the OP... he might've been a victim of "legitimate rape", tbh

lcroock
08-20-2012, 07:35 PM

Ignorant fuck.

baseline bum
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
you're repeating yourself son

ElNono
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
lol Michael Weiner

BackHome
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Obama doesn't know what the hell he is doing and Romney scares the hell out of me. This country is going down and neither party gives a shit about you or me they could care less.

Take for instance both parties are going to have their token Hispanic speaker come out and say a few words to get the Latino/Hispanic vote. Have any of these parties really done a damn thing for us....Hell NO.....Is some stupid person going to think that makes a difference... probably.. :depressed

How about doing some fucking simple stuff:

1. Take care of the fucking VETS
2. Get rid of the way we do TAXES Make It Simple!
3. If your in this country and illegal and your serve in the Armed Service..YOUR AN AMERICAN.
4. Ethanol.....what dumb ass thought of that.....get rid of it.
5. Getting rich is the AMERICAN DREAM.......
6. Throw all those Bank/Insurance/Accountants in Jail...
7. You want a house 30% Down.
8. Yes I want Clean Air and Water what dumb ass doesn't
9. If I work two fucking jobs to have a better life why the fuck should I pay more taxes?

E-RockWill
08-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Obama doesn't know what the hell he is doing and Romney scares the hell out of me. This country is going down and neither party gives a shit about you or me they could care less.

Take for instance both parties are going to have their token Hispanic speaker come out and say a few words to get the Latino/Hispanic vote. Have any of these parties really done a damn thing for us....Hell NO.....Is some stupid person going to think that makes a difference... probably.. :depressed

How about doing some fucking simple stuff:

1. Take care of the fucking VETS
2. Get rid of the way we do TAXES Make It Simple!
3. If your in this country and illegal and your serve in the Armed Service..YOUR AN AMERICAN.
4. Ethanol.....what dumb ass thought of that.....get rid of it.
5. Getting rich is the AMERICAN DREAM.......
6. Throw all those Bank/Insurance/Accountants in Jail...
7. You want a house 30% Down.
8. Yes I want Clean Air and Water what dumb ass doesn't
9. If I work two fucking jobs to have a better life why the fuck should I pay more taxes?

You're an idiot.

dbestpro
08-21-2012, 07:20 AM
You're an idiot.

What an intelligent and well thought out reply. Perhaps the following video might help some to understand.

http://youtu.be/KBXQhs6kwYc

E-RockWill
08-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Ronald Reagan sucks as well. His economic policies we ridiculous. He also gave weapons to the enemy.
Just more proof of your idiocy.

dbestpro
08-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Ronald Reagan sucks as well. His economic policies we ridiculous. He also gave weapons to the enemy.
Just more proof of your idiocy.

What a Pinocchio you are. Someone pulls a string and you dance to the puppet master. If you stop lying you may one day still have the chance to become a real boy.

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL trickle-down ruining the middle class
LOL electing an actor to run the nation

ElNono
08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
LOL trickle-down ruining the middle class
LOL electing an actor to run the nation

LOL living large on the national credit card
LOL tax hike "conservative"
LOL conned by a B-list actor

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
LOL supporting genocide in Iraq and terrorism in Nicaragua and El Salvador
LOL president alzheimers making bin Laden
LOL c*nt wife Nancy and the War on Drugs

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 11:24 AM
LOL http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Oliver_North_mug_shot.jpg

xmas1997
08-21-2012, 11:36 AM
What I don't understand is how, after 4 years of idiocy under GWB, did anyone vote for him another 4 years term?????????????????
Someone explain that, please!

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
What I don't understand is how, after 4 years of idiocy under GWB, did anyone vote for him another 4 years term?????????????????

cuz he praised jeebus

Budkin
08-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I come to Spurs Talk to get away from politics discussion. Can a mod please move this to the proper forum?

Jeff Leppard
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I come to Spurs Talk to get away from politics discussion. Can a mod please move this to the proper forum?

:cry

bus driver
08-21-2012, 12:17 PM
y is every current president the worst president ever?

E-RockWill
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Well,
He wasn't elected the 1st time & one can make a case about stealing the 2nd.
Republicans think Reagan is the best POTUS ever, so that shows you where they're comin' from...

Mr. Body
08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Reagan turned the largest creditor nation in the world into the largest debtor nation, and what did we have to show for it? Unemployment. He spent it all on weapons.

George W. Bush took us to one unnecessary war, another that was prosecuted poorly, and LOWERED TAXES. What has happened to other nations throughout history that have lowered taxes while waging war? They've foundered to oblivion.

This is what Obama inherited. Plus some. That we haven't completely fallen apart after the Bush years is a miracle. It will take a while longer for us to get back on track. I don't think many people realize just how bad it was.

Plus, GOP? Get the hell away from women. What the fuck? Bunch of hypocrites. Keep your clammy Jesus-freak hands away from forcing the rest of us to believe your rank idiocies. Some of us like science and education.

urunobili
08-22-2012, 12:52 PM
:corn:

dbestpro
08-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Reagan turned the largest creditor nation in the world into the largest debtor nation, and what did we have to show for it? Unemployment. He spent it all on weapons.

George W. Bush took us to one unnecessary war, another that was prosecuted poorly, and LOWERED TAXES. What has happened to other nations throughout history that have lowered taxes while waging war? They've foundered to oblivion.

This is what Obama inherited. Plus some. That we haven't completely fallen apart after the Bush years is a miracle. It will take a while longer for us to get back on track. I don't think many people realize just how bad it was.

Plus, GOP? Get the hell away from women. What the fuck? Bunch of hypocrites. Keep your clammy Jesus-freak hands away from forcing the rest of us to believe your rank idiocies. Some of us like science and education.

Reagan was the first to take us to red ink in peace time, but unemployment went from 7% to 5.4% from 1980-88. Star wars can be debated, but kkep in mind that without it we would not have gps and a host of other things that we take for granted in our everyday lives.

Bush led us to an unecessary war, which the democrats followed with the same intel that everyone else had.

History will look back on Obama and decide that his greatest mistake was in not controlling how stimulus dollars were spent. Most often they went down a hole of zero development, while it should have gone lock, stock and barrel to infrastructure issues. This is something he would have seen if he had more understanding of business.

Quite frankly, there is no reason that this mess should not be fixed or on its way to a steady recovery. Both parties have failed and will continue to do so as long as they continue to be managed by such extremism. That is the one thing you can say for Bill Clinton. We was able to work both sides of the aisle.

Mr. Body
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Reagan was the first to take us to red ink in peace time, but unemployment went from 7% to 5.4% from 1980-88. Star wars can be debated, but kkep in mind that without it we would not have gps and a host of other things that we take for granted in our everyday lives.

Bush led us to an unecessary war, which the democrats followed with the same intel that everyone else had.

History will look back on Obama and decide that his greatest mistake was in not controlling how stimulus dollars were spent. Most often they went down a hole of zero development, while it should have gone lock, stock and barrel to infrastructure issues. This is something he would have seen if he had more understanding of business.

Quite frankly, there is no reason that this mess should not be fixed or on its way to a steady recovery. Both parties have failed and will continue to do so as long as they continue to be managed by such extremism. That is the one thing you can say for Bill Clinton. We was able to work both sides of the aisle.

I would sell GPS back for all the vast treasure hoards we blew on all of Reagan's shill boondoggles. What a gyp.

The Dems were craven cowards, especially during the early part of Bush's terms. What a complete and utter wreck.

We'd be much better off at this point if the Republicans weren't actively working - admitted by Mitch McConnell - to obstructing any attempts to bring us back to an even keel, all in an attempt to keep Obama a one-termer. There has never been a more obstructionist Congress in this country. Yes, we could be in much better shape. We lost a huge opportunity to improve our national infrastructure. I don't think most of that is Obama's fault - it's the fault of the Legislature.

baseline bum
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM

Fuck Clinton and his libertarian economic policies too. His boys Greenspan (:lol Rand disciple), Rubin, and Summers were some of the principal architects of our current depression. Plus, LOL conning voters into thinking giving China most favored nation trade status would increase our exports when workers there make pennies an hour and can't afford any of our shit.

LOL blaming the Democrats for the Iraq War clusterfuck. All of the bogus intelligence that led us into that piece of shit war came directly from Rumsfeld's and Cheney's boys in the INC. Though I have to admit I was pretty surprised we never found the WMDs that Reagan sold Saddam. I guess he really did destroy them.

ElNono
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM

This is somewhat where the anger is misplaced. The President can only propose to Congress and sign off on what Congress passes. It's obvious that getting Congress to work is much easier in times of prosperity, and Bill capitalized on that.

Congress (both sides) have been an absolute shame for the last decade+... they turned the place into an absolute partisan playground, and the bitterness has only grown larger since some of the crazies tea potties have joined.
It's been party over country and the results are there for everyone to see.

Mr. Body
08-22-2012, 04:44 PM
This is somewhat where the anger is misplaced. The President can only propose to Congress and sign off on what Congress passes. It's obvious that getting Congress to work is much easier in times of prosperity, and Bill capitalized on that.

Congress (both sides) have been an absolute shame for the last decade+... they turned the place into an absolute partisan playground, and the bitterness has only grown larger since some of the crazies tea potties have joined.

I dunno. I agree with you overall -- the Legislature has been a clusterfuck. But the partisanship heavily, heavily, heavily has come from one direction, and has been pushed by people who aren't even elected. The Roves, Norquists, Kochs, and Murdochs of the world.

BackHome
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Well,
He wasn't elected the 1st time & one can make a case about stealing the 2nd.
Republicans think Reagan is the best POTUS ever, so that shows you where they're comin' from...

Yeah Carter was so much better then all of them put together. :wow

BackHome
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM

I agree the only way to fix this country is to have term limits for people in Congress.

Seventyniner
08-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I agree the only way to fix this country is to have term limits for people in Congress.

If it were me, I'd up the term in the House to 6 years (from 2) and have 1/3 of the House up for election every 2 years, like the Senate. Keep the Senate on 6-year terms as it is now. The big change? A 1-term limit for every Congressman AND the President. No more campaigning while in office, dammit.

CGD
08-22-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm not sure. Other countries have term limits, and those folks just use the post as a stepping stone for a huge pay day. My native Mexico is a sad example of that. IMO 2 years for representatives is just not enough time for them to develop the quid pro quo of political exchange.

The real issue is in the US, is the unchecked influence of money in politics. It sounds trite, but the lack of transparency, protected by incredible court decisions like Citizens United, is corrosive and dangerous. I would have less of a problem with people sending money to influence elected officials if we had more information about who was doing it. At least that way as a consumer I could choose not to shop at the stores of those contributors.

Oh yeah... Go Spurs!

CGD
08-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Your Forbes article is bogus. The writer bases Obama's increased spending on the spending by Bush in 2008. In 2008 we had the massive bailout. If I spend 100k a year and then one year buy a home for 300k it shouldn't be assumed that I will now be spending 400k per year. The home purchase and bailouts were one time expenditures not meant to be assumed to occur every year.

I mean where do you stop with that argument? So the Bush II budgets should be revised to remove the astronomical expense of the Iraq war because wars too are rare expenditures?

But let's say I agree with your premise (which I dont). You conveniently overlooked the $787 billion economic stimulus package of 2009, as well as the 2009 $140 billon BofA bailout, each of which the author makes a point to assign to the Obama budgets.

Mikesatx
08-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I mean where do you stop with that argument? So the Bush II budgets should be revised to remove the astronomical expense of the Iraq war because wars too are rare expenditures?

But let's say I agree with your premise (which I dont). You conveniently overlooked the $787 billion economic stimulus package of 2009, as well as the 2009 $140 billon BofA bailout, each of which the author makes a point to assign to the Obama budgets.

I don't believe it is an oversight. The war is not an isolated expense and Bush deserves full credit for the full bill. It is for us to decide whether we should have gone or should still be there. What I believe we as the citizenry should do is our own investigation. Whether we slant left or right it is easy to find the opinions we search for. We should be looking for the truth whether it matches what we want to hear or not.

Homeland Security
08-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Who cares who Popovich donates to.

The fiscal die for the U.S. is cast. George W. Bush is the one who pushed that ball over the edge. Obama is not a communist though some of his friends are, but that makes little difference b/c when push comes to shove the military doesn't back him.

The U.S. will go into fiscal meltdown. Nothing can stop that now. The economy is so dependent on borrowing that austerity to slow down the growth of the debt brings about the same endgame.

None of you will believe it until you're in the middle of it. The few who are highly intelligent like me can plan for it. You are puppets. We can control you.

When the crisis comes, the existing government will break down. It won't be able to pay for basic things like maintaining order. We are preparing for this. The U.S. like all Western nations has a latent authoritarian streak that comes out in times of crisis. Only visionaries like FDR can keep that under wraps but no one like him is coming to save you.

When chaos hits we will reestablish control. We know who our enemies are and we will kill them. Most of them are white liberals, including homosexuals and secular Jews, predominantly in academia, the entertainment media, and the civil bureaucracy. Their assets in our hands will buy the support of their patron groups. That the military will support us goes without saying.

The present-day Americans want to be told what to do. It makes them feel safe. They want the boundaries because in essence they are eternal children. Few will resist and those who do won't last long.

You are so stupid that I know I can state plainly what is going to happen and it will make no difference whatsoever; you'll just keep barking back and forth about Obama.

celldweller
08-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Bunch of Fucking weirdos on both sides of the field! Everybody thinks they have the answers, when in fact nobody knows shit. Politics brings out the worse of people Conservatives and Liberals......fuck you all. What I do know.....is that Bonner has to go! :flag:

FuzzyLumpkins
08-23-2012, 12:45 AM

The demise of the USSR is widely laid at the feet of military spending. Thos who do not learn for history...

DAF86
08-23-2012, 12:57 AM

Can't you just stay away from this thread?

UnWantedTheory
08-23-2012, 01:24 AM
I haven't actually read through this thread, but for those of you undoubtedly calling Obama a communist, please utilize the dictionary your aunt is letting go at her garage sale this weekend.
Hell, the other day I was standing in line at IBC and a lady actually said that Obama was the closest thing to Hitler she has ever seen!!! WTF are you babbling bastards thinking with references like that?!!!

I blame Faux News personally.

Way to go Pop! Dems 4 life! Fuk yo repubs!

DAF86
08-23-2012, 03:06 AM
That "Communist=Nazi" belief is pretty ignorant, tbh.

temujin
08-23-2012, 06:33 AM
Who cares who Popovich donates to.

The fiscal die for the U.S. is cast. George W. Bush is the one who pushed that ball over the edge. Obama is not a communist though some of his friends are, but that makes little difference b/c when push comes to shove the military doesn't back him.

The U.S. will go into fiscal meltdown. Nothing can stop that now. The economy is so dependent on borrowing that austerity to slow down the growth of the debt brings about the same endgame.

None of you will believe it until you're in the middle of it. The few who are highly intelligent like me can plan for it. You are puppets. We can control you.

When the crisis comes, the existing government will break down. It won't be able to pay for basic things like maintaining order. We are preparing for this. The U.S. like all Western nations has a latent authoritarian streak that comes out in times of crisis. Only visionaries like FDR can keep that under wraps but no one like him is coming to save you.

When chaos hits we will reestablish control. We know who our enemies are and we will kill them. Most of them are white liberals, including homosexuals and secular Jews, predominantly in academia, the entertainment media, and the civil bureaucracy. Their assets in our hands will buy the support of their patron groups. That the military will support us goes without saying.

The present-day Americans want to be told what to do. It makes them feel safe. They want the boundaries because in essence they are eternal children. Few will resist and those who do won't last long.

You are so stupid that I know I can state plainly what is going to happen and it will make no difference whatsoever; you'll just keep barking back and forth about Obama.

Interesting post.
Actually, closer to truth than one could think.

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2012, 07:38 AM
You also have to love how Reagan completely ignored the AIDS epidemic until it was too late.:tu