PDA

View Full Version : To big ballas: How much do you tip car detailers?

Creepn
08-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I think I can say I'm the first in my family to pay for a full car detail which is near $100. They would also be appalled if they knew I paid that much for something I could do myself for free. ANYWAY, it was my first time and I didn't know what they considered a good tip so I whipped out a wad of cash in front of him and asked, "How much is a great tip?". He told me, " 2 dollars is fine." Sooooooo, I gave him $10. He kinda smiled and said, "Thanks.", and I asked him if that's ok and he said yeah. I couldn't help but feel that he was just being modest or it's just me overreacting. I don't know. Did I stiff this guy?

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I think I can say I'm the first in my family to pay for a full car detail which is near $100. They would also be appalled if they knew I paid that much for something I could do myself for free. ANYWAY, it was my first time and I didn't know what they considered a good tip so I whipped out a wad of cash in front of him and asked, "How much is a great tip?". He told me, " 2 dollars is fine." Sooooooo, I gave him $10. He kinda smiled and said, "Thanks.", and I asked him if that's ok and he said yeah. I couldn't help but feel that he was just being modest or it's just me overreacting. I don't know. Did I stiff this guy?

Generally I break em off a crisp $5.. ever since that song by the Luniz I only got 5 on it :lol... maybe 10 if I'm feeling good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEcoTRhSjU&feature=related

Trill Clinton
08-18-2012, 12:22 PM
a hunnid?!

damn breh. I usually go to the eastside and there is this hand carwash spot that does detailing for $50 bucks. they do a damn good job too. they're running a special for a full wash and wax for $20. you can never go wrong with the hood carwash's.

but to answer the question I tip anywhere from $5-10 depending on my mood that day. if i'm fresh from the barbershop then I usually tip $10.

Creepn
08-18-2012, 12:35 PM
a hunnid?!

damn breh. I usually go to the eastside and there is this hand carwash spot that does detailing for $50 bucks. they do a damn good job too. they're running a special for a full wash and wax for $20. you can never go wrong with the hood carwash's.

but to answer the question I tip anywhere from $5-10 depending on my mood that day. if i'm fresh from the barbershop then I usually tip $10.

Really? They shampoo your carpets and seats?

Creepn
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
:lmao you paying $100 and you're not even getting your carpets and seats properly cleaned?

:lmao :lmao

No my car was shampoo'd but Trill says he pays 50 and was wondering if they shampoo his carpets and seats as well.

Trill Clinton
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Really? They shampoo your carpets and seats?

I have leather seats and they do restore the seats and shampoo the carpet. only downside is having to sit outside in the shade and wait.

Creepn
08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I have leather seats and they do restore the seats and shampoo the carpet. only downside is having to sit outside in the shade and wait.

Damn I need to go where you go.

Trill Clinton
08-18-2012, 12:47 PM
hey man if you built up a good rapport with the people there and you like the service, then stay.

if where I go upped their prices I'd still give them my business.

Lincoln
08-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Where do you n!ggers go?

Shits expensive where I go. http://www.qwikwash.com/#2

DMC
08-18-2012, 01:25 PM
i let them keep the loose cocaine they can gather from in between my back seat cushions
You're cheating them since the shit you get is likely 98% baking powder.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd sure like to know where I can get my car detailed for only $100. But yes, 10% sounds appropriate.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd sure like to know where I can get my car detailed for only $100. But yes, 10% sounds appropriate.

Is it possible the workers were illegal aliens?

leemajors
08-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Generally I break em off a crisp $5.. ever since that song by the Luniz I only got 5 on it :lol... maybe 10 if I'm feeling good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEcoTRhSjU&feature=related

shoulda posted the remix with spice 1, shock g and others, scrub:

cs1a4idxRiY

Creepn
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it possible the workers were illegal aliens?

With the guy who did my car, you could tell English isn't his first language... don't mean he's illegal though. I don't judge.

BlackSwordsMan
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I leave a clip on the passenger seat -- they know whats up.

The Reckoning
08-18-2012, 10:52 PM
if its a 100 doll hair job settle for an old hickory

BRHornet45
08-18-2012, 11:16 PM
sons I don't know what I'm more surprised at ... the fact that the guy claimed $2 is a decent tip, or the fact that Creepn actually had the courtesy to tip a server.

ginobili's bald spot
08-19-2012, 01:43 AM
You have a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than seeing a black person tipping. Also, since when is a mundane task such as getting ones car detailed an indication of big balla status?

Wild Cobra
08-19-2012, 02:45 AM
You have a better chance of seeing Sasquatch than seeing a black person tipping. Also, since when is a mundane task such as getting ones car detailed an indication of big balla status?
Your racial remark aside, I agree with having a car detailed not a big balla status thing.

Sportcamper
08-19-2012, 09:34 AM
20% is reasonable…$10 on a $100 bill is pretty light…
Kick it up to 30% & they will fight to detail your car...

Creepn
08-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Racial remark aside, I think anybody who can dish out hundreds without hesitation to pay for a mundane task you could do for free is an indication big balla status. Not for everything, but I certianly wouldn't have paid for a car detail years ago. Hell no.

Creepn
08-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Your racial remark aside, I agree with having a car detailed not a big balla status thing.

We all know you don't get your Geo Metro detailed so just stop it.

Wild Cobra
08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
We all know you don't get your Geo Metro detailed so just stop it.
LOL...

I've had me Z28 detailed, and my WS6. $200 bux around here for one of them with their sexy curves. Never had my sedan detailed though.

Agloco
08-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Depends on the value of your car IMO. I usually leave 20 for each person.