PDA

View Full Version : Tea Bagger Billboard: Seal Team Assassinate Obama

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 12:00 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fAwpqxpDTSM/UC1kpKsO59I/AAAAAAAAF7M/CcjMK-_4hw4/s1600/sealsBB.jpg

The message, put up earlier this month, was paid for by We the People of Marshall and Fulton counties, a tea party group. The head of the organization, Don Nunemaker of Plymouth, said late last week that the message was meant as a call for action at the ballot box on Election Day, Nov. 6.

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/creepy-tea-partiers-think-they-own-military-and-can-use-it-against-rest-us?akid=9231.187590.F9pYWz&rd=1&src=newsletter694901&t=1

Perry Swift-Boating Kerry is gonna look like a milk-and-cookie party compared to the right-wing shit hitting USA between now and November.

scott
08-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Billboard fail tbh. Leaves everyone to decide for themselves what the "other" is.

If you're going to attack someone, at least let us know who you are attacking.

ElNono
08-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Jersey Shore is in the ballot?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Billboard fail tbh. Leaves everyone to decide for themselves what the "other" is.

If you're going to attack someone, at least let us know who you are attacking.
boutons didn't have any trouble identifying about who they were speaking.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 12:09 PM
..dp

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Jersey Shore is in the ballot?
More like the Vermont Shore.

Yes, I know they don't have a ocean shore but, that wouldn't stop Slow Joe Biden from claiming one if it amped up one of his stories.

That guy has a career in comedy.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
boutons didn't have any trouble identifying about who they were speaking.

Well, it's a PRESIDENTIAL election in November,

and it's the Obama vs Gecko/Ryan battle DOMINATING the national discourse,

and Bitch McConnel has said the Repug/Tea Bagger priority is defeating the President.

You spinmeister right-wing fuckers are nothing if not 100% dishonest.

DMC
08-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Interpretation fail: The billboard is asking the public (the readers) to remove the other in November. That's when the elections occurs fyi.

Why is this forum so clogged with hyperbole? Is the truth just not that exciting?

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah this is stupid.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Interpretation fail: The billboard is asking the public (the readers) to remove the other in November. That's when the elections occurs fyi.

Why is this forum so clogged with hyperbole? Is the truth just not that exciting?

truth? I'll give you the truth

seal team killed the OBL threat, a Muslim foreigner

seal team should kill the other foreign Muslim threat in November

that other threat is, at very least, headed up by Obama, also a foreigner to tea baggers.

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 04:18 PM

seal team killed the OBL threat, a foreigner

seal team should kill the other threat November

No, that's not what it means. Seriously.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I like the billboard. To me is says the seals took care of OBL, and it's our turn to vote BHO out.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
No, that's not what it means. Seriously.

read the article to see who paid for it. Then repeat what you just said

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
read the article to see who paid for it. Then repeat what you just said

A Tea Party group paid for it. They are not suggesting that Seal Team 6 should assassinate the President. This is an interpretation that requires willful intellectual dishonesty or absolute stupidity. Both of which can be frequently found on sites like Alternet. You should stop getting your news from there.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 05:10 PM
there are so many dog whistles playing the tunes of kill the "foreigner", Muslim, racism, "destroy America", "seal team got OBL, denying BO gave the order", etc that it simply can't be accidental.

mercos
08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
This ad is why Republican complaints about the steelworker ad and Biden's chain comment are meaningless. Our politics have been dirty from both sides for as long as we've been a country. I find it amusing that they would use Navy Seals in an ad, when that will just remind voters that Bin Laden was killed under Obama's watch, but whatever floats their boat I guess. Keep reminding voters of one of Obama's strengths.

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 05:20 PM
It's a stupid billboard that plays on jingoism and Obama hate. Saying it is literally encouraging assassination sort of distracts from all of the real reasons it's a bad ad that serves as another example of how ridiculous political discourse is in this country.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
It's a stupid billboard that plays on jingoism and Obama hate. Saying it is literally encouraging assassination sort of distracts from all of the real reasons it's a bad ad that serves as another example of how ridiculous political discourse is in this country.
Kind of like, "Osama bin Laden is dead and GM is Alive?"

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:12 PM
This ad is why Republican complaints about the steelworker ad and Biden's chain comment are meaningless.
Well, the ad with Mr. Soptic actually implied Mitt Romney was responsible for the death of the steelworker's wife and, Slow Joe was speaking to a predominantly black audience effected what some have described as a black southern dialect and said, "They gonna put y'all back in chains." His intent was pretty clear to the former Governor of Virginia, who just happened to be black and a Democrat.

Our politics have been dirty from both sides for as long as we've been a country. I find it amusing that they would use Navy Seals in an ad, when that will just remind voters that Bin Laden was killed under Obama's watch, but whatever floats their boat I guess.
Well, the OPSEC PAC wasn't created because Obama was the Commander in Chief when bin Laden was killed, it was created because the Commander in Chief won't keep his fucking mouth shut about matters of Operational Security.

Keep reminding voters of one of Obama's strengths.
:lmao Valerie Jarrett yanked his chain back three times before he was allowed to make the "difficult" call.

DMX7
08-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Kind of like, "Osama bin Laden is dead and GM is Alive?"

That's a factual statement.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
So? It's a meaningless non sequitur.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Things Republicans can't stand:

Obama is President
OBL is dead
Only one of those really bothers me and I intend to do my part to change it this November.

Juggity
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
There is seriously no reason to associate a military objective like the killing of bin laden to a non-military objective like the right wing effort to oust Obama — unless the right wing was trying to make the effort to oust Obama a military objective, in which case it would seem they are advocating for his assassination. Pretty disgraceful. Hope they get a visit from the Secret Service.

Clipper Nation
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Technically, no it isn't.... what we now know as GM is a completely different company, the old GM was renamed Motors Liquidation Company during the bailout, and anything of value was transferred over to the new GM.... stockholders who owned stock in the old GM were fucked over even harder because of this because the new GM has an entirely different listing and different owners, tbh....

Basically, "the gub'mint saved GM" is total bullshit, and the reality is that the old GM was completely destroyed and a new company was started....

jack sommerset
08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Things Republicans can't stand:

OBL is dead

I tell ya, the nonsense people just toss out there gets more ridiculous everyday. God bless

DMX7
08-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Technically, no it isn't.... what we now know as GM is a completely different company, the old GM was renamed Motors Liquidation Company during the bailout, and anything of value was transferred over to the new GM.... stockholders who owned stock in the old GM were fucked over even harder because of this because the new GM has an entirely different listing and different owners, tbh....

Basically, "the gub'mint saved GM" is total bullshit, and the reality is that the old GM was completely destroyed and a new company was started....

We know GM went bankrupt, so naturally the shareholders are the first to get fucked. That's how a bankruptcy works. The new GM is essentially a leaner reorganized version of the old GM. Who put up essentially capital for the new GM to buy back its continuing operations? The federal government did, and the new GM almost certainly wouldn't exist without the government's equity. That means the government saved GM. You're just lost in the details of how a complex reorganization from bankruptcy works.

Capt Bringdown
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/images/made/images/cartoonuploads/foxnews_500_1_363_259.jpg

MannyIsGod
08-19-2012, 01:17 AM
This is a complete non issue.

DMC
08-19-2012, 01:30 AM

seal team killed the OBL threat, a Muslim foreigner

seal team should kill the other foreign Muslim threat in November

that other threat is, at very least, headed up by Obama, also a foreigner to tea baggers.
That's fucking stupid.

Why wait until November?

The DEVGRU team did a very high profile job, and the party is using it because it sells. It's like kissing babies or shaking hands with the union.

No one is saying that the SEAL team should kill it's CiC. They are saying voters should vote Obama out in November, that's the point of saying "November" in the 1st place.

Comparing Obama to Osama is poor taste though. Obama was the one who was in command when DEVGRU (not a SEAL team) took out OBL.