PDA

View Full Version : Well, with two "Recovery Summers" under...

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
...his belt, Obama is as much a failure as he was three summers ago.

http://crayfisher.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/obama-my-work-here-is-done-poster.jpg

Americans for Prosperity will remind the country what a real recovery looks like.

ZTIICY4nK68

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 12:45 PM
they have to go back to St Ronnie for a recovery? :lol

Skipping over no-recovery/no jobs/flat household income/Banksters Great Depression dubya and his "it's the economy, stupid-victim" Pappy?

What could Obama, he being an all-powerful, divine-right king and dictator, have done differently to quicken the recovery from free-market-capitalism's Great Banksters Depresssion?

What would you expect from losers Gecko/Ryan that would erase the Depression sooner?

Fox, Repug propaganda is AWAYS lying and counts on the ignorance, racism, amnesia, self-injuring-voting of their lily-white base.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Why doesn't the ad tell us about St Ronnie The Diseased

RAISING TAXES

multiple times? :lol

St Ronnie is way too far left for today's Repugs. And of course, their legend of him is complete myth.

Biggest Repug myth is that St Ronnie, champion of capitalism, defeated the Communist Russians all by himself! :lol

mercos
08-18-2012, 01:25 PM
The S&P 500 is up 76% since Obama took office. The unemployment rate is down nearly two points from its peak. The recovery has not been as strong as I would have liked, but it is far from a failure.

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 01:26 PM
What part of "jobless recovery" did Yonivore not read about back in 2008?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 01:41 PM
What part of "jobless recovery" did Yonivore not read about back in 2008?
Worst recovery since the Great Depression...and, it's being argued, that one was made worse -- certainly extended -- by FDR's New Deal stimulus nonsense. Hell, at least he put people to work.

And, as for unemployment, it would be at 11% if not for those who have given up on finding a job.

99-weekers, up.

Welfare rolls, up.

Poverty, up.

Consumer prices, up.

And on and on and on.

ElNono
08-18-2012, 01:44 PM
They sure need a better photoshop guy...

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 02:02 PM
They sure need a better photoshop guy...
It gets the point across.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM
I predicted the Repugs, bequeathing the worst, deepest, longest depression in 80 years, would blame it all on Obama, while blocking any attempts to stimulate the economy, create jobs.

It's a huge lie.

But the 2010 crop of Repugs and tea baggers have proposed 20+ bills or amendments on abortion! :lol

That crop also ran on "where's the jobs?" but themselves have done nothing to create jobs, while the Repugs states have added 1% to national unemployment rate by laying off their state/local govt employees.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM

ElNono
08-18-2012, 02:10 PM

That the campaign is all make-believe? Sure does.

Nothing says real like a poor photoshop job...

Spurminator
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM
lol Americans for Prosperity.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-18-2012, 04:09 PM
This forum has pretty much become a replica of Yoni's inbox.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
The S&P 500 is up 76% since Obama took office. The unemployment rate is down nearly two points from its peak. The recovery has not been as strong as I would have liked, but it is far from a failure.

The eurozone is heading back into recession and we are likely to follow. So that's nice spin but I don't think people are going to buy it.

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Worst recovery since the Great Depression...and, it's being argued, that one was made worse -- certainly extended -- by FDR's New Deal stimulus nonsense. Hell, at least he put people to work.

Argued by the guy who developed the blueprint for our dying economy of the last 30 years.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Portrait_of_Milton_Friedman.jpg/200px-Portrait_of_Milton_Friedman.jpg

DMX7
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM

The point that Americans for Prosperity literally has to make shit up to fit its narrative. Yeah, that point comes across clearly.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:41 PM
crofl republicans are so sad nowadays

i hate gayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and i like rich peopplllleeeeee
Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a kindergartner.

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2012, 06:42 PM
crofl republicans are so sad nowadays

i hate gayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and i like rich peopplllleeeeee

I really could give a shit one way or another about gays, but I certainly have no problem with wealthy people.

This is a problem why?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:42 PM
The point that Americans for Prosperity literally has to make shit up to fit its narrative. Yeah, that point comes across clearly.
I don't think that's an AforP graphic, I grabbed it elsewhere.

mercos
08-18-2012, 08:16 PM
The eurozone is heading back into recession and we are likely to follow. So that's nice spin but I don't think people are going to buy it.

Those are facts, not spin, and what you said doesn't change the fact that the now 3 year old recovery was not a failure. Sure, we all would have liked for more jobs to be created, but weak job creation is a side effect of off shoring your manufacturing base to China. Fixing our trade policy is one of my big gripes with Obama, but I have no allusions that Romney is going to do a damn thing about it either.

boutons_deux
08-18-2012, 08:28 PM
So the Eurozone screw up is Barry's fault?

btw, the Eurozone's austerity project, like what the Repugs want to visit on USA, has been a blatant failure, so they're trying stop the austerity, which is leading them into recession.

How will King Gecko fix the Eurozone and get unemployment down to 5%?

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 11:14 PM
I call it a failure.

The S&P should be even higher. The Dow should be higher. Unemployment should be lower.

SnakeBoy
08-19-2012, 12:57 AM
So the Eurozone screw up is Barry's fault?

Well he claimed the global recession was entirely Bush's/GOP's fault and he would fix everything. So now he get's to take the blame for the global economy. That's what happens when you blame the other side for all the worlds ills and promise the moon.

If Gary Shilling is right again then we are likely in or very close to another recession.

"We've had three consecutive months of declines in retail sales," says Shilling, president of A. Shilling & Co., an economic research and forecasting firm. "That's happened 29 times since they started collecting the data in 1947, and in 27 of the 29 we were either in a recession or within three months of it."
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/global-recession-only-time-heal-economy-says-gary-123445059.html

Yes We Can go back into recession

Winehole23
08-19-2012, 05:39 AM
President Romney will have no control over that either, imho. Presidents don't dictate macroeconomics.

Winehole23
08-19-2012, 05:44 AM
also, where did Obama say he would "fix everything?"

are you quoting by heart?

Bartleby
08-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I call it a failure.

The S&P should be even higher. The Dow should be higher. Unemployment should be lower.

With a republican in office the The S&P would be lower. The Dow would be lower. Unemployment would be higher.

See how easy that was?