PDA

View Full Version : Democrats

ducks
08-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Why do Democrats ignore every problem with their own party and focus on Mitt's tax returns (which Romney has already shown 2 years) when both Reid and Pelosi have never released even a year of their own, and Obama who hasn't even released simple college transcripts?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes. Over and over again the courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands."
Let me know when Romney is indicted for a tax-related crime and I'll get interested in his returns.

mercos
08-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Simple question, simple answer. Every presidential candidate since Mitt Romney's father in 1968 has released multiple years of tax returns. It is not a law, but it is tradition. When said candidate (Mitt Romney) refuses to do so, it is going to get a lot of attention. It is not tradition for candidates to release birth certificates (which some Republicans howled about for years until Obama waved it in their face) and college transcripts. It is also not tradition for congressional candidates to release multiple years of tax returns.

Again, Romney is not breaking any law, but he is going against years of tradition, ironically enough started by his father. Given his push for tax cuts that would particularly benefit wealthy people like himself, it has made the public even more interested in his tax returns. Ultimately, Romney will have to release the tax returns, or the issue will dog him until the election. You can't keep these types of things away from the press and expect the situation to just go away. The birther fiasco is proof of that.

Koolaid_Man
08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Simple question, simple answer. Every presidential candidate since Mitt Romney's father in 1968 has released multiple years of tax returns. It is not a law, but it is tradition. When said candidate (Mitt Romney) refuses to do so, it is going to get a lot of attention. It is not tradition for candidates to release birth certificates (which some Republicans howled about for years until Obama waved it in their face) and college transcripts. It is also not tradition for congressional candidates to release multiple years of tax returns.

Again, Romney is not breaking any law, but he is going against years of tradition, ironically enough started by his father. Given his push for tax cuts that would particularly benefit wealthy people like himself, it has made the public even more interested in his tax returns. Ultimately, Romney will have to release the tax returns, or the issue will dog him until the election. You can't keep these types of things away from the press and expect the situation to just go away. The birther fiasco is proof of that.

I'm a loyal republican and I say leave Mitt alone...there's obviously something illegal he's trying to hide and he's well within his right to want to hid it...we're trying to win an election here...once we win we'll tell you all about it :lol

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Let me know when Romney is indicted for a tax-related crime and I'll get interested in his returns.
No shit.

You can be sure Obama or his hit-men has the IRS checking into it.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM

Romney did release multiple years of tax returns.

The issue will be overtaken by the realities of unemployment, high consumer prices, and poverty.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 04:24 PM
No shit.

You can be sure Obama or his hit-men has the IRS checking into it.
...has...?

:lmao

Remember the last Ryan Obama ran against?

Jack Ryan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(politician))

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:29 PM
...has...?

:lmao

Remember the last Ryan Obama ran against?

Jack Ryan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(politician))
Yep.

Obama only won using dirty politics.

scott
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Romney did release multiple years of tax returns.

The issue will be overtaken by the realities of unemployment, high consumer prices, and poverty.

Can you provide me a link to these multiple years he has released?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Can you provide me a link to these multiple years he has released?
I was wrong, they've released one year, 2010 and and estimate of 2011, which will be released when it's completed; probably after the extension period expires in October.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I was wrong, they've released one year, 2010 and and estimate of 2011, which will be released when it's completed; probably after the extension period expires in October.
I thought I saw at least three full years released before. Remember when I pointed out his tithing one year as a tax write off was less than 10%?

scott
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
I thought I saw at least three full years released before. Remember when I pointed out his tithing one year as a tax write off was less than 10%?

You thought wrong. The sun rises in the east.

scott
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM

Thanks.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM

Romney and Ryan Tax Returns (http://www.mittromney.com/learn/mitt/tax-return/main)

Romney gave 20% of his 2011 income to charitable causes; and, in 2010, about 14%...around $7 million.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks.
He's essentially released multiple years, 2. I don't imagine his final return will vary much from his estimated return filed in April.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
You thought wrong. The sun rises in the east.
Maybe what I saw was the financial disclosures, but I clearly recall seeing something where his write of to his church donation was under 10%. That's why I bring that up from time to time.

Th'Pusher
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Romney and Ryan Tax Returns (http://www.mittromney.com/learn/mitt/tax-return/main)

Romney gave 20% of his 2011 income to charitable causes; and, in 2010, about 14%...around $7 million.

Superb. $7M to the LDS Church so they can spend it on golden temples and rocket cars. It would be spent more efficiently by the us federal government tbh...

mavs>spurs
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
The reason they are so focused on bullshit is to get the heat off Obama for his shitty performance the past four years. He can't run on his track record so he has to resort to this.

The thing is, if more Americans had a brain, it would push people over to Romney. There's nothing wrong with success. If the democrats have a problem, then they should reform wall street. Don't hate the player, hate the game tbh and they have done absolutely nothing to change the rules of the game.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Superb. $7M to the LDS Church so they can spend it on golden temples and rocket cars. It would be spent more efficiently by the us federal government tbh...
LDS actually does a great deal of good work for the public.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2012, 05:54 PM
It would be spent more efficiently by the us federal government tbh...

Are you kidding? Here's some of our govt efficiency for you..

While Warning About Fat, U.S. Pushes Cheese Sales

Domino’s Pizza was hurting early last year. Domestic sales had fallen, and a survey of big pizza chain customers left the company tied for the worst tasting pies.

Then help arrived from an organization called Dairy Management. It teamed up with Domino’s to develop a new line of pizzas with 40 percent more cheese, and proceeded to devise and pay for a $12 million marketing campaign.

Consumers devoured the cheesier pizza, and sales soared by double digits. “This partnership is clearly working,” Brandon Solano, the Domino’s vice president for brand innovation, said in a statement to The New York Times.

But as healthy as this pizza has been for Domino’s, one slice contains as much as two-thirds of a day’s maximum recommended amount of saturated fat, which has been linked to heart disease and is high in calories.

And Dairy Management, which has made cheese its cause, is not a private business consultant. It is a marketing creation of the United States Department of Agriculture — the same agency at the center of a federal anti-obesity drive that discourages over-consumption of some of the very foods Dairy Management is vigorously promoting...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/us/07fat.html?_r=3&hp

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Got Milk?

I didn't know they were a government entity.

They are a dairy promoter. We have a government agency that does nothing but promote dairy?

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Sorry Snake, but Dairy Management Inc. is not a government agency.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 06:05 PM
We have a government agency that does <fill in the blank with the craziest shit you can think of>.
Yes, but it is not a government agency. It's creation is a demand to use "check-off fees" but the agency itself is not one of the government.

Typical NY Slimes article... Usually has a lie or two.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Yes, but it is not a government agency. It's creation is a demand to use "check-off fees" but the agency itself is not one of the government.

Typical NY Slimes article... Usually has a lie or two.

It doesn't say it's an agency. It's says it's a creation of the Dept. of ag.

SnakeBoy
08-18-2012, 06:11 PM
We have a government that's involved in <fill in the blank with the craziest shit you can think of>.

Here I'll fix my previous comment to be more accurate.

Wild Cobra
08-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Here I'll fix my previous comment to be more accurate.
Yes, that's more accurate.

DMX7
08-18-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, like denying gays the right to get married. Too many churches are quasi-political action committees, LDS is no exception.

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, like denying gays the right to get married. Too many churches are quasi-political action committees, LDS is no exception.
Since when are churches obligated to marry anyone?

DMX7
08-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Since when are churches obligated to marry anyone?

They're not, but when they throw their support and money at political battles (i.e., Prop 8), then they should lose their tax exempt status as far as I'm concerned.

Th'Pusher
08-18-2012, 06:29 PM

What percentage of their revenue goes to "doing good work for the public"? And do you consider buying shopping malls and real estate doing good work for the public?

Yonivore
08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
They're not, but when they throw their support and money at political battles (i.e., Prop 8), then they should lose their tax exempt status as far as I'm concerned.
So, tell your Congress Critter. I don't think they should be tax exempt either; but, then again, I don't think churches or businesses should be paying taxes.