PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com Poll: who wins the sw?

sananspursfan21
08-18-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/POLLSERVER/results/62483.html

bad news for the superstitious? i'm not surprised the spurs won in the poll but i'm shocked by the landslide so thought i'd share

baseline bum
08-18-2012, 10:58 PM
It's not that strong a division anymore with Memphis coming down to Earth, Dallas an unknown, New Orleans way too young to do much, and Houston with a Bobcats-level roster. I'd be a bit surprised to see another team win the division unless Tony or Tim go down with season-ending injuries.

dylankerouac
08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
What is the benefit of winning the SW? Some playoff advantage?

sananspursfan21
08-18-2012, 11:16 PM

absolutely nada... it's winning the west that matters this season. the poll results just surprised me given that the spurs are always so underrated. even though the division mirrors the skill level of the southeast division (x the heat), i figured more dallas dopes would be voting for their heroes.

dylankerouac
08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
absolutely nada... it's winning the west that matters this season. the poll results just surprised me given that the spurs are always so underrated. even though the division mirrors the skill level of the southeast division (x the heat), i figured more dallas dopes would be voting for their heroes.

Ah, ok, thanks.

mrjap2x
08-19-2012, 08:27 AM

Guaranteed playoff spot. Before it was guaranteed third seed now only down to fourth seed but home court is not guaranteed.

Russo21
08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm surprised Dallas haven't got much attention. I think they had a very good offseason. Sure they missed out on Derron Williams and Dwight Howard but it was very wishful thinking for Dallas to sign either of them.

Plan B for Dallas has been better then most teams plan A.

Added 7 footer Chris Kamaan who is a big solid 13 and 8 + a couple of blocks guy

Added Elton Brand 6'9 250lbs beefcake. Averaged 11 and 7 last season and capable still of putting up numbers bigger then that. Big strong interior defender.

Added OJ Mayo. A young SG with a career average of 15ppg

Added Darren Collison. A young solid PG Can give you 13 and 5 and shoot a pretty good clip from 3, just in his 4th year and could/will improve heaps.

What exactly have Dallas done wrong? Those 4 guys are great pieces. If we hadof got Kamaan and Brand to play behind Duncan and Collison and Mayo to spell Parker/Manu i would have thought that to be freakin sweet.

I think, unfortunately, that Dallas had a great productive offseason. Why no respect? Dallas flying under the radar... yuck, good job, but, yuck.

Proxy
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
^Agreed. I think this roster will do pretty good. Brand and Kaman already have experience together and I don't see this team having any ego issues with their roles and deferring to Dirk. Carlisle will have them playing good.

That being said, injuries aside, Spurs shouldn't struggle to win the SW division by the end of the year.

Sean Cagney
08-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree with the two above, Dallas did well this offseason with what they had to spend! They did not get Howard or Williams true, but they rebounded well.

Seventyniner
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Given the Spurs' great regular season run last year and the Spurs standing pat, you can't really pick anyone else. Remember, we're talking regular season championships in this poll, and the Spurs have that down cold.

Richard Simmons
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Grizzlies should come in close second to winning the division

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm surprised Dallas haven't got much attention. I think they had a very good offseason. Sure they missed out on Derron Williams and Dwight Howard but it was very wishful thinking for Dallas to sign either of them.

Plan B for Dallas has been better then most teams plan A.

Added 7 footer Chris Kamaan who is a big solid 13 and 8 + a couple of blocks guy

Added Elton Brand 6'9 250lbs beefcake. Averaged 11 and 7 last season and capable still of putting up numbers bigger then that. Big strong interior defender.

Added OJ Mayo. A young SG with a career average of 15ppg

Added Darren Collison. A young solid PG Can give you 13 and 5 and shoot a pretty good clip from 3, just in his 4th year and could/will improve heaps.

What exactly have Dallas done wrong? Those 4 guys are great pieces. If we hadof got Kamaan and Brand to play behind Duncan and Collison and Mayo to spell Parker/Manu i would have thought that to be freakin sweet.

I think, unfortunately, that Dallas had a great productive offseason. Why no respect? Dallas flying under the radar... yuck, good job, but, yuck.

whats there bench like?

i assume if brand is starting PF, is dirk going to start at SF?

Andthentherewas21
08-21-2012, 02:09 PM
whats there bench like?

Why would Brand be the starting PF? Their starting line-up is going to be something close to Collison, Mayo, Marion, Dirk, Kaman.

Then you've got West, Beaubois, Carter, Brand, and Bernard James coming off the bench. Even if James doesn't work out, chances are they just shift Dirk to Center for a few minutes and pair him with Brand.

Plus you've got Brandon Wright and Dominique Jones as insurance policies.

But there is no reason why Dallas would start Brand.

Venti Quattro
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM
San Antonio should win the SW unless something uncontrollable happens.

Richard Simmons
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
whats there bench like?

you are silly