PDA

View Full Version : Do you vote?

AussieFanKurt
08-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I know over there you don't have to vote... so do you or don't you and how come if you don't vote. Just out of curiosity

cherylsteele
08-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I vote.

baseline bum
08-19-2012, 12:03 AM
I think most of us here vote despite the elections being mostly meaningless.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I go to the polls but only vote when there are alternatives to the Dem/GOP to vote for.

Many a libertarian has gotten my vote for no other virtue then they are not running on the ticket of those ilk. I figure if my vote is meaningless, I will at least lend my support to an alternative to the two party system.

SnakeBoy
08-19-2012, 12:43 AM
I always vote in presidential election years, usually not in midterms. GOP at the top of the ticket and generally libertarian down ticket if it's an option.

Wild Cobra
08-19-2012, 12:46 AM
I always vote in presidential election years, usually not in midterms. GOP at the top of the ticket and generally libertarian down ticket if it's an option.
I very often check the write in box, and write in "none of the above." I never leave a blank entry for an elections center insider to use.

The Reckoning
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM
i dont

AussieFanKurt
08-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I can certainly see why you wouldn't want to vote especially if you like none of the parties.

The Reckoning
08-19-2012, 01:02 AM
well that and i live in aus so im too lazy to do a mail in ballot :lol

SnakeBoy
08-19-2012, 01:18 AM
I very often check the write in box, and write in "none of the above." I never leave a blank entry for an elections center insider to use.

I live in a dark red district in Texas so I don't have to worry about an "insider". My ballot isn't going to affect the outcome one bit.

I've never seen a libertarian candidate that I actually liked but I vote for them down ticket and pretend to myself that will help move the GOP a little towards the direction I want them to move.

AussieFanKurt
08-19-2012, 01:25 AM
well that and i live in aus so im too lazy to do a mail in ballot :lol

:lol fair call

Wild Cobra
08-19-2012, 02:43 AM
I live in a dark red district in Texas so I don't have to worry about an "insider". My ballot isn't going to affect the outcome one bit.

I've never seen a libertarian candidate that I actually liked but I vote for them down ticket and pretend to myself that will help move the GOP a little towards the direction I want them to move.
That just might help if enough people do it. Living in Multnomah county/Portland Oregon... Very, very few conservatives get elected. Of the five county seats, east county is the only seat that ever elects conservatives. 4:1 just never has a voice. None of the above is usually my best option because even the republicans here are liberal.

DMC
08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Funny that people vote for the President but not for local leaders and congress. Those last to have a much greater effect on your lives than the President has.

Latarian Milton
08-19-2012, 07:54 PM
there is little regularity & transparency even if the election goes down to the grassroot level. gang leaders would pretty much win every grassroot election and become town/county's governor effortlessly, and the fed ain't givin' a shit bout the justice of such elections whoever wins the governorship of a town or small village

mercos
08-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I have voted in every presidential election since I became eligible in 2004. I was eligible to vote in 2002 for the midterms, but at 18 was not particularly interested. We've got municipal elections coming up in less than two weeks here, and I plan to vote there as well.

Oh, Gee!!
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
I always vote, and I never vote straight ticket, cause I'm a pimp like that.