PDA

View Full Version : Eagles-Pats GT

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Mallett starting, looked like shit his first series. Eagles starters are supposedly going to be playing 3 quarters

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:12 PM
lol Vick diving head first...jig still hasn't learned

benefactor
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
rofl just saw that. How old is he?

Bill_Brasky
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
lol Vick diving head first...jig still hasn't learned

I was just about to post something about that....dude needs to fuckin take it easy.

McCoy still lookin beastly.

benefactor
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow...didn't realize King Dunlap was that big. Jeezus.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Vick is 32. All the Pats' good players are sitting out, so Philly needs to look quasi competent or it'll be troubling

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:29 PM
:lmaoVick got crushed again

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:30 PM
He might have broken ribs

Bill_Brasky
08-20-2012, 07:33 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dude has the bone density of an 80 year old woman

LnGrrrR
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
That was such a shitty call. Mallet got bailed out.

:lol I hope Pats get these calls in the regular season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Nice drive. Mallett looked sharp.

JMarkJohns
08-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Foles will start 6 games this season due to Vick's fragility, and I bet his win percentage is over .500.

LnGrrrR
08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Nice bullet from Hoyer there.

Bill_Brasky
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Foles has been impressive.

LnGrrrR
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Pats have been stalling out a bit.

ginobili's bald spot
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Damn, Foles looked really good. I'm excited about the start of the Foles era AKA week 2 when Vick breaks a rib.

Avante
08-20-2012, 11:13 PM
What a show of respect/fear. Holding Brady out of the game because of the pass rush.

Pelicans78
08-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Nick Foles is the truth.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
What a show of respect/fear. Holding Brady out of the game because of the pass rush.
They were holding out Brady and all of their best players because they have 3 games in 10 days. I'm guessing Friday is gonna be their dress rehearsal type game where the starters play a lot.

I thought Foles was gonna be a good fit with this group of players but I didn't think he'd look this good so far. That Nate Ebner interception was a horrible decision but it was right before halftime so it wasn't too costly. He wouldn't have done it in a normal situation.

leemajors
08-21-2012, 09:51 AM
They were holding out Brady and all of their best players because they have 3 games in 10 days. I'm guessing Friday is gonna be their dress rehearsal type game where the starters play a lot.

I thought Foles was gonna be a good fit with this group of players but I didn't think he'd look this good so far. That Nate Ebner interception was a horrible decision but it was right before halftime so it wasn't too costly. He wouldn't have done it in a normal situation.

Bunching games like that in preseason just seems like an awful idea.

dirk4mvp
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Brandon Bolden looked pretty bad from what I saw dok. Why is his slow ass returning punts anyway?

LnGrrrR
08-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Brandon Bolden looked pretty bad from what I saw dok. Why is his slow ass returning punts anyway?

I doubt he'll be returning punts in the regular season. It will likely be Edelman or one of the nickel CBs.

Avante
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I doubt he'll be returning punts in the regular season. It will likely be Edelman or one of the nickel CBs.

They signed Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps. I know he returned kickoffs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
They signed Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps. I know he returned kickoffs.
What was his 100m time, and where does he rank among the pantheon of Football/Track and Field athletes?

Avante
08-21-2012, 12:53 PM
What was his 100m time, and where does he rank among the pantheon of Football/Track and Field athletes?

He is the high school record holder at 10.01 which is his "legal" PR. He has ran a sub10.00 but windy. He was a great 60/100 NCAA sprinter.

He will be the fastest NFL running back ever "if" Trindon Holliday doesn't play that position. Holliday a 10.00 guy.

Bo Jackson was a 10.3ish guy, Herschel Walker ran a 10.23. The fastest running back ever is Texas A&M's Curtis Dickey Colts. He was world ranked in the 100, his PR 10.10. He like Jackson and Walker over 215 pounds.

As far as on the world class sprint scene goes Demps would need to be running 9.8's. He's a long way from that. So back to football.

Right now it's...

Demps..10.01
Holliday..10.00
Jacoby Ford..10.01

...as the fastest NFLers.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
:lol well done, sir.

What was Spiller's time? He's much faster than his sub-par showing at the combine, iirc. Clemson has lots of speed lately. Sammy Watkins will be a stud when he comes out too

Avante
08-21-2012, 01:03 PM
:lol well done, sir.

What was Spiller's time? He's much faster than his sub-par showing at the combine, iirc. Clemson has lots of speed lately. Sammy Watkins will be a stud when he comes out too

Spiller was one of those like Reggie Bush, he knew football was going to be his thing so after HS he left track behind. As a HSer he was a 10.42 guy, one of the top times in the nation. A lot of the great sprinters were 10.4isH types in HS. So I think it's very realistic to see Spiller as a 10.05ish guy if he'd ran track at Clemson up until his senior year.

Sammy Watkins is a Florida state 200m HS champ. While he doesn't possess that burst like a short (60/100 guy) sprinter he has that Randy Moss type speed. Yep, a stud!

Avante
08-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Let me add...

He dd run indoor 60's but that's more about staying in shape for football.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I think BB wants to see what he can do other than carry the ball since BB isn't gonna carry a 4th running back who isn't useful at something else.

New England's offensive line was so shitty that it's pretty impossible to evaluate their skill position players/who the better backup QB is. The one positive from it is that this game got McDaniels some experience for what to do on offense when the line is playing like shit.

My takeaway thoughts from the game are:

Good-
Jermaine Cunningham - He looks poised for a breakout year as he's much bigger and won't get tossed around like when he had chicken legs. Seems like he weighs around 275-280 now.

Ras-I Dowling - Didn't seem like they threw the ball in his direction much at all and he had great coverage. Their base defense should be the nickel with him at RCB and Arrington as the nickel corner.

Nate Ebner - In addition to being the special teams ace he needed to be to have a prayer at making the roster, he looks decent at safety most notably with his interception. He's probably going to make the team.

Kyle Love and Ron Brace - They both got a lot of interior pressure against Philly's starting line and they did it without Wilfork. Deaderick didn't play well but he's at this point only gonna be used in certain packages. If Fanene can get healthy then Wilfork, Fanene, Love and Brace give them a healthy rotation of interior lineman/3-4 DEs.

Deion Branch and Donte Stallworth - Both are playing well enough where they have a tough decision to make chosing which 2 of the 3 bubble receivers (Branch, Stallworth, Gaffney) make the cut. It's a good decision to have.

Bad-
The offensive line - Where to begin...
Marcus Cannon is not a tackle at all and should never play tackle.
Dan Connolly is an above average C but a shit show at RG.
Dan Koppen is a shit show no matter what position he's at.
Donald Thomas also sucks.
Wendell was supposed to be having a good camp but looked horrible.
Nate Solder looks better but he still gets bull rushed too easily.

If Waters doesn't come back, they're gonna have putrid play at RG. If Vollmer doesn't stay healthy, they're gonna have putrid play at RT. On top of that, they have a LG coming off an ACL tear and a LT in his 1st year at the position.

Sterling Moore - Still looks horrible in coverage except for when he's the dime corner or worse. Even though he's had a hammy injury throughout camp Dennard should still make the team as he's the 4th best cover corner on the roster.

Depth at linebacker - Carpenter had a few bright moments, but without Fletcher they better pray Mayo, Spikes and Hightower all stay healthy.

Weakside pressure - Outside of Brandon Jones, no one on the roster seems capable of getting pressure at RDE. Hopefully he's ready to play the position pretty much full time.

All I feel like writing for now tbh.

Avante
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
How much should we put into preseason/non intensity games?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
How much should we put into preseason/non intensity games?
Depends. If Tom Brady looks lazy/apathetic and plays like shit it doesn't matter. If someone fighting for a starting job/roster spot looks lazy/sluggish and plays like shit (Marcus Cannon, Dan Koppen) then I take it somewhat seriously. You shouldn't be lacking in intensity when you have something to earn in the preseason.