PDA

View Full Version : To the libtards who brag the lie that Obama has deported record amounts of illegals

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/23/deportation-statistics-said-to-be-inflated/

The Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee is charging that the Obama administration has “falsified” deportation records to artificially boost numbers — a move critics of the Homeland Security Department have long suspected.
Rep. Lamar Smith, the Texan who runs the committee, said the Obama administration has for the past several years been mixing some Border Patrol apprehensions with the deportation statistics from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the agency chiefly responsible for interior enforcement and for deporting aliens.
His investigation found that when the Border Patrol numbers are subtracted, deportations actually have gone down every year since Mr. Obama first took office in 2009, dropping from about 395,000 that year to about 330,000 in 2011.
And 2012 is shaping up to have even fewer deportations once the Border Patrol figures are subtracted, the committee said.
“It is dishonest to count illegal immigrants apprehended by the Border Patrol along the border as ICE removals,” Mr. Smith said. “These ‘removals’ from the Border Patrol program do not subject the illegal immigrant to any penalties or bars for returning to the U.S. This means a single illegal immigrant can show up at the border and be removed numerous times in a single year — and counted each time as a removal.”
ICE did not directly dispute Mr. Smith’s claim but defended its enforcement strategy.
“The administration’s immigration enforcement strategy is focused on enhancing public safety, border security and the integrity of the immigration system,” said spokesman Ross Feinstein, adding that the administration’s prioritization has boosted the number of criminals being deported and has led to a drop in the number of illegal immigrants trying to cross the border in the first place.
“These historic results reflect the success of the administration’s strategy and are attributable, in part, to the unprecedented support ICE is providing to the Border Patrol along the southwest border. The combined efforts of ICE and [U.S. Customs and Border Protection] have created the most effective immigration enforcement effort in recent history,” he said.
The Border Patrol and ICE are the two chief immigration law enforcement branches of the federal government.
Border Patrol agents’ jurisdiction runs along the nation’s international boundaries, and many of the illegal immigrants they apprehend are returned — usually straight to Mexico — rather than put in formal removal proceedings. That is called a voluntary return, and it carries none of the penalties associated with formal deportation, which critics say means there is little risk to turning around and trying to re-enter the U.S. illegally again.
ICE, meanwhile, generally handles removals, which are more formal proceedings complete with potential penalties.
Mr. Smith’s committee obtained documents that show 72,000 people caught by the Border Patrol and sent to ICE under the Border Patrol’s Alien Transfer Exit Program are being included in the ICE statistics. Administration officials told the committee they have been including those numbers in their official count since 2011.
The Obama administration has been trying to walk a fine line between those who want to see more deportations and immigrant-advocacy groups that say deportations should he halted altogether.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano has said that her department only has the resources to deport about 400,000 aliens a year, and she uses that limit to justify the administration’s policy that rank-and-file illegal immigrants without major criminal records shouldn’t be a priority for deportation.
Republicans, though, say the administration is turning a blind eye to most illegal immigrants, enacting de facto amnesty.

Read more: Deportation statistics said to be inflated - Washington Times

ElNono
08-24-2012, 06:22 PM
What I'd like to know is if the criteria has changed in this administration or it was always counted the same. Not saying they're no spinning numbers...

HI-FI
08-24-2012, 06:24 PM
i wouldn't be shocked if this is true. the elites that run this country want their third world shithole, regardless how much we protest.

ElNono
08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Actually, the article says since 2011... so nevermind.

LnGrrrR
08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
“It is dishonest to count illegal immigrants apprehended by the Border Patrol along the border as ICE removals,” Mr. Smith said. “These ‘removals’ from the Border Patrol program do not subject the illegal immigrant to any penalties or bars for returning to the U.S. This means a single illegal immigrant can show up at the border and be removed numerous times in a single year — and counted each time as a removal.”

Does Mr. Smith realize how stupid he sounds?

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Everybody go out and watch the new movie 2016...this faggot has to go. He is INTENTIONALLY trying to change the demographics and direction of this country forever..wake up before it's too late.

We're talking about the man who regularly speaks to hispanic crowds and tells them not to worry about the numbers.."they're just numbers" *wink* *wink*

clambake
08-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Everybody go out and watch the new movie 2016...this faggot has to go. He is INTENTIONALLY trying to change the demographics and direction of this country forever..wake up before it's too late.

We're talking about the man who regularly speaks to hispanic crowds and tells them not to worry about the numbers.."they're just numbers" *wink* *wink*

isn't that the mormon movie?

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
no

clambake
no

whats it about? who's in it?

leemajors
yup

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
just go watch it

HI-FI
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM

i've heard about it, might check it out since Gerald Molen was a pretty good producer in his prime, plus I didn't know Dinesh Dsouza was involved in it. I would have never figured Molen as a conservative considering his long time relationship with Spielberg.

clambake
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
just go watch it

why didn't you just say "yes, its the mormon movie"?

leemajors
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
i've heard about it, might check it out since Gerald Molen was a pretty good producer in his prime, plus I didn't know Dinesh Dsouza was involved in it. I would have never figured Molen as a conservative considering his long time relationship with Spielberg.

He's a Mormon

ElNono
08-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Does Mr. Smith realize how stupid he sounds?

Yeah, not to mention that nitpicking on 72K 'deportations' over 1.1 million is well, really, not conclusive of much at all.

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah, not to mention that nitpicking on 72K 'deportations' over 1.1 million is well, really, not conclusive of much at all.

The thing is, this administration has lost all credibility. I don't know if he's deported 1.1 million or 1.1. This has got to be the most nontransparent, corrupt administration of all time. Puts watergate to shame. I don't believe anything coming out of that man's mouth.

ElNono
08-24-2012, 06:49 PM
The thing is, this administration has lost all credibility. I don't know if he's deported 1.1 million or 1.1. This has got to be the most nontransparent, corrupt administration of all time. Puts watergate to shame. I don't believe anything coming out of that man's mouth.

Me neither, but it's exactly how I felt about the previous administration and how I feel about the next considering who are in the ballot.

clambake
08-24-2012, 06:50 PM
why should the 72k not be included?

HI-FI
08-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Me neither, but it's exactly how I felt about the previous administration and how I feel about the next considering who are in the ballot.

i basically agree, i have no faith in either asshole running. i suppose i feel that at least republican presidents are more chastised by the media, whereas I feel the mainstream media have been really relaxed towards Obama. shit even most comedians have been scared to touch him. there have been some great critiques of Obama posted on here from liberal journalists, but nothing that strikes me as mainstream.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM

the collective IQ of this forum just dropped because of your stupidity

mavs>spurs
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
^says the mexican

ElNono
08-24-2012, 09:09 PM
i basically agree, i have no faith in either asshole running. i suppose i feel that at least republican presidents are more chastised by the media, whereas I feel the mainstream media have been really relaxed towards Obama. shit even most comedians have been scared to touch him. there have been some great critiques of Obama posted on here from liberal journalists, but nothing that strikes me as mainstream.

My problem is that it's not that you're just voting somebody out, you're also voting somebody in... and it's the new boss-old boss shit all over again

symple19
08-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Is Obama our first Mexican president, like Clinton was our first Black president?

SA210
08-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Is Obama our first Mexican president, like Clinton was our first Black president?

:lol That's almost as laughable as him being mentioned in the same sentence as a Kennedy.

He sure does pretend to care about Hispanics when he's desperate for votes, but that's about it.

Clipper Nation
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM

So who do we vote for: the other crook who just brazenly disenfranchised all Ron Paul delegates so he could be gifted the nomination, after trying every loophole in the book to subtly screw honest people out of their vote?

Latarian Milton
08-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Obama DID a great job reducing the number of "illegal" immigrants, not by departing them but by giving them legal status imho

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2012, 07:56 PM
So m>s I'm assuming you're voting for Romney now amirite?

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
George Bush was our first Mexican president. He loved illegals and let the number of illegals in the country skyrocket.

jack sommerset
08-25-2012, 09:09 PM
the collective IQ of this forum just dropped because of your stupidity

^says the mexican

That explains a lot. God bless