PDA

View Full Version : SpursTalk Notice: 24-hour Downtime on Monday, Sept. 3

timvp
08-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Edited:

SpursTalk.com will be offline for approximately 24 hours beginning at 3 AM CST on Monday, September 3rd. After nearly five years of continuous use, the current servers will be taken apart, tested, cleaned and upgraded. The upgrades (most notably 8GB more RAM and switching to SSD technology for data storage) are pretty costly for the server-grade hardware but the result should be much improved performance of the forum.

This will be the first part of a multiple step process that should bring about a much better user experience for everyone. In the next couple weeks or so, we'll also be upgrading the forum software, massively improving the search functionality, adding better chat features and a few other new aspects that will be announced soon.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade process.

TE
08-25-2012, 01:06 AM
:(:(:(

:depressed

24 hours....

ElNono
08-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up... I'll stop the automated scripts trying to hack the site during the downtime :tu

ElNono
08-25-2012, 01:09 AM
On a serious note, thanks to Muki, Slomo and any other fellas working behind the cameras to make this the best site evar... and obviously our benevolent overlords, timvp and Kori...

BanditHiro
08-25-2012, 01:09 AM
lol Kool-Aid

lefty
08-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Lol soccer forum

Shit :cry

ElNono
RMAO :lmao

Jacob1983
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/24_s7_logo_f.jpg

TE
08-25-2012, 01:14 AM
on a serious note, thanks to muki, slomo and any other fellas working behind the cameras to make this the best site evar... And obviously our benevolent overlords, timvp and kori...

+1

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2012, 01:19 AM
hopefully by better functionality you mean "when you come back a certain asshole will be banned"

FkLA
08-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Fuck, its the first day of school too. What site am I supposed to go on during class to help time go by quicker ?

LkrFan
08-25-2012, 03:11 AM
24 hours is like an eternity. I'm used to seeing things get done in .4 ;)

I kid, I kid. :lol

racm
08-25-2012, 03:31 AM

:lmao

lakerhaterade
08-25-2012, 03:34 AM

Stfu bitch

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Yahoo, I hope there would already be a mobile version and a dedicated Youtube button.

Drachen
08-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for slomo, timvp, et al...

Hey, who wants to get the hopes of Spursreport up and go over there for 24 hours? Make them think that they are going to be relevant and all.

Slomo
08-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Yahoo, I hope there would already be a mobile version and a dedicated Youtube button.

First we're going to let muki work his magic and upgrade the hardware and the system itself (OS upgrade, db update, new search engine...) which should boost the performance of the setup dramatically. Once we have a fast and stable forum, we will tackle the software upgrades of the forum itself. That will take more time and will be gradual, but without any major downtime (fingers crossed). It's during that period that we will polish the look and feel of the forum and add or reintroduce certain features.

A mobile version is definitely on the short list - but it will happen during phase 2.

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
we understand. And it's not like the full version is slow. Well I just disabled sigs and avatars so the gifs won't be too much of a problem when I'm on a mobile device.

ducks
08-25-2012, 10:46 AM
will you ban certain posters and eliminate people with more then one screen name

Killakobe81
08-25-2012, 10:50 AM
we understand. And it's not like the full version is slow. Well I just disabled sigs and avatars so the gifs won't be too much of a problem when I'm on a mobile device.

How do you do that, Venti?

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 10:58 AM
How do you do that, Venti?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

search for 'Thread Display Options'

DMC
08-25-2012, 12:02 PM
hopefully by better functionality you mean "when you come back a certain asshole will be banned"
Why you gotta hate on me like det yo

DMC
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
will you ban certain posters and eliminate people with more then one screen name
Because you have to disassemble the server to remove those user names that are built up inside it.

Drachen
08-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Because you have to disassemble the server to remove those user names that are built up inside it.

just use some canned air to get rid of them once you open up the case.

loveforthegame
08-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks to everyone who is making this happen. :tu

benefactor
08-25-2012, 01:40 PM
:cryI miss the arcade:cry

Trill Clinton
08-25-2012, 01:46 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing some reaction buttons under our posts. for instance, a "co-sign" button or a "like" or "dis-like" button for posts we agree or disagree with. maybe even a "lol" button for funny posts.

but i'm sure whatever you guys have in the works will be great. looking forward to the changes.

ALVAREZ6
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
What about thursday the 30th?

Where are us soccer fans to go to make fun of RMAO fans (lefty) as Barca waxes Real's ass at the Bernabeu?

ElNono
08-25-2012, 02:25 PM
What about thursday the 30th?

Where are us soccer fans to go to make fun of RMAO fans (lefty) as Barca waxes Real's ass at the Bernabeu?

It can wait until friday, then we can LOL @ lefty much quicker, tbh

George W Bush
08-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Ol Chumpy's head will explode now. He needs to pass 70k posts and get to 80k

I'm George W Bush and I approve these upgrades :tu

thispego
08-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Some people here will kill themselves without spurstalk for 24 hours

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
:cryI miss the arcade:cry

:cry :cry Please bring back The Arcade :cry :cry

Wild Cobra Kai
08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Was the arcade dumped for performance reasons?

Em-City
08-25-2012, 09:21 PM
looking forward to the changes if i can survive the next 24 hrs

CubanMustGo
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
SSD, props. That should really make things scream (not like they are anywhere close to slow now). Thanks to timvp, Kori, Slomo, and anyone else involved either technically or financially.

benefactor
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Someone used it to hack the site iirc.

timvp
08-25-2012, 10:10 PM

SpursTalk was hacked (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191775) about six months ago via an exploit in the arcade. We'll have to test it out but if the makers of the arcade app have patched up the exploits, we should be able to bring it back during this upgrade process :tu

team-work
08-26-2012, 04:53 AM
SpursTalk was hacked (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191775) about six months ago via an exploit in the arcade. We'll have to test it out but if the makers of the arcade app have patched up the exploits, we should be able to bring it back during this upgrade process :tu

Thank you for your hard work, as always. It's never easy to run an Internet forum effectively as you do. Lurkers such as me just put your URL into "my favorites" and enjoy the end results, but in the background there's tremendous amount of work to be done.

:blah:blah:blah

mouse
08-26-2012, 11:37 AM

+1

mouse
08-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey, who wants to get the hopes of Spursreport up and go over there for 24 hours? Make them think that they are going to be relevant and all.

That sounds like a cool idea but it would take 24 hours to get approval to post and besides if you look in the forums now they already have 10 members and 900 guests

mojorizen7
08-26-2012, 03:00 PM
"24 hours?!!..."
http://www.cornel1801.com/1/t/TITANIC/3-characters-pictures-quotes/Bernard-Hill-as-Captain-Edward-James-Smith.jpg

JudynTX
08-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Will we get a feature where we can block Avante? :)

xmas1997
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Some people always have to make things a competition.
I belong to, and like, both forums because there are good and bad things in, and about, both forums.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Thank you soooooooo much to timvp, kori, slomo, and all the other people who work so hard to keep this wonderful community going.

I deeply appreciate all the work you do for us. :toast

timvp
08-28-2012, 04:54 PM
The downtime that was schedule for tomorrow has been delayed. Apparently SpursTalk has become self-aware and didn't like the idea of being taken offline. We'll try again in about a week. I'll update this thread with a date once it's decided.

Apologies for the false alarm.

Dex
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
SpursTalk = SkyNet? :wow

Muki
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure I can find two new volunteers to go into the server room in such a short time. Not after what happened today anyway...

Bruno
08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Damn, I hope that you will be able to do relatively easily whatever you want to do.

When I see most of the other teams fans forum crashing after some games, I'm impressed by how robust ST is. It's even more impressing for a site without ads. Huge props to all the people that make it work both technically and financially.

DeadlyDynasty
08-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Damn, I hope that you will be able to do relatively easily whatever you want to do.

When I see most of the other teams fans forum crashing after some games, I'm impressed by how robust ST is. It's even more impressing for a site without ads. Huge props to all the people that make it work both technically and financially.
You're welcome.

Seventyniner
08-28-2012, 06:00 PM
You're welcome.

Do you play the role of the flaw that makes the masterpiece?

CosmicCowboy
08-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure I can find two new volunteers to go into the server room in such a short time. Not after what happened today anyway...

:lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Shit, now I have to move my schedule around. Oh yeah, I don't do anything.

ElNono
08-28-2012, 08:59 PM

:lol

I just had two drives going bad *today* on a 7+ year old RAID 5 setup... FML

Took 3+ hours to replace, rebuild and restore the whole thing... bad day to mess around with servers, tbh

easy7
08-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

Wild Cobra Kai
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
The downtime that was schedule for tomorrow has been delayed. Apparently SpursTalk has become self-aware and didn't like the idea of being taken offline. We'll try again in about a week. I'll update this thread with a date once it's decided.

Apologies for the false alarm.

SpursTalk = SkyNet? :wow

Perhaps you could bring back the arcade...minus missile command?:wow

TE
08-28-2012, 10:54 PM
1 hour...:(

Hey timvp, have you thought about adding a kudos function for posters?

ElNono
08-28-2012, 11:45 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cxt27q.png

Wild Cobra Kai
08-28-2012, 11:46 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cxt27q.png

:lol:rollin

Wild Cobra Kai
08-28-2012, 11:47 PM
1 hour...:(

Hey timvp, have you thought about adding a kudos function for posters?

Did you notice the change in the thread title?

dylankerouac
08-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Later everyone.

Wild Cobra Kai
08-29-2012, 12:24 AM
People aren't noticing the subject change.

Muki
08-29-2012, 01:29 AM

Took 3+ hours to replace, rebuild and restore the whole thing... bad day to mess around with servers, tbh

A few weeks ago I had both disks in RAID1 fail within two days. First disk died, replaced with a fresh one, rebuilt the array, the next morning the second original disk died. Three years old Seagate Constellation ES2 drives (supposedly "the good stuff", enterprise grade and all that) with consecutive serial numbers, both full of bad sectors and just out of warranty. Was not impressed.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2012, 03:19 AM
wtf do you clowns have on RAID setup worth protecting anyway?? fkn wankers

Muki
08-29-2012, 05:46 AM
RAID is not about data protection, but about data availability. If a drive dies in the SpursTalk database server, nobody will notice it and everything will keep on running even while I swap the failed drive for a good one.

Drachen
08-29-2012, 08:39 AM
RAID is not about data protection, but about data availability. If a drive dies in the SpursTalk database server, nobody will notice it and everything will keep on running even while I swap the failed drive for a good one.

I think that he was asking the individual users as opposed to the site itself.

For me I have a mirroring raid array to protect my mp3s, and my pictures (mostly), also I have all of my school work, etc.

Drom John
08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do, I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage -- I can't afford a carriage, But you'd look sweet upon the seat Of a bicycle built for two.

Dex
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM

What platform are you running, out of curiosity?

Muki
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
I think that he was asking the individual users as opposed to the site itself.

For me I have a mirroring raid array to protect my mp3s, and my pictures (mostly), also I have all of my school work, etc.

I was referring to individual users too, and only used this site as an example.

Your array protects you from a single drive failure, but is vulnerable to motherboard (if it's a softraid/fakeraid) or raid controller (if it's a real raid) failure, and to the failure of both disks at the same time which is not as unlikely as it looks at the first glance. What's more important, it does not protect you at all from accidentally erasing e.g. your pictures by mistake. This is where the old adage "RAID is not backup" comes from. Having RAID is good, but having a reliable backup process on a secondary storage is even better. Doesn't have to be anything fancy for home use, even a simple USB drive that is synced once a week might be enough.

You can acquire the mp3s again, but you can't re-shoot all your pictures or rewrite your schoolwork, can you?

Drachen
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM

Your array protects you from a single drive failure, but is vulnerable to motherboard (if it's a softraid/fakeraid) or raid controller (if it's a real raid) failure, and to the failure of both disks at the same time which is not as unlikely as it looks at the first glance. What's more important, it does not protect you at all from accidentally erasing e.g. your pictures by mistake. This is where the old adage "RAID is not backup" comes from. Having RAID is good, but having a reliable backup process on a secondary storage is even better. Doesn't have to be anything fancy for home use, even a simple USB drive that is synced once a week might be enough.

You can acquire the mp3s again, but you can't re-shoot all your pictures or rewrite your schoolwork, can you?

Well to be honest, all of my pics are on both my NAS and my laptop (and the more recent ones are also in my dropbox as I have auto upload) so it is kinda like what you describe, but I do have an extra usb drive that I am not doing anything with. Maybe if I can figure out how to automate that backup, I will do so.

ElNono
08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
wtf do you clowns have on RAID setup worth protecting anyway?? fkn wankers

It was for work... in this case medical records.

What platform are you running, out of curiosity?

This specific box was running CentOS Linux with an Adaptec 3200S SCSI setup... RAID1 for the OS, RAID5 for the bulk data. On newer boxes we run either CentOS or FreeBSD depending on what's needed and use 3ware (now LSI) SATA cards for the hardware RAID. Gives us bigger sizes, cheaper drives, the ability to setup SSD raids, etc.

ElNono
08-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Agree, RAID is just availability. We backup nightly to rotating firewire HDDs. The backup drives not in use that night are stored on a fire-proof safe. If needed, we also backup offsite.

Dex
08-29-2012, 02:30 PM
It was for work... in this case medical records.

This specific box was running CentOS Linux with an Adaptec 3200S SCSI setup... RAID1 for the OS, RAID5 for the bulk data. On newer boxes we run either CentOS or FreeBSD depending on what's needed and use 3ware (now LSI) SATA cards for the hardware RAID. Gives us bigger sizes, cheaper drives, the ability to setup SSD raids, etc.

Gotcha. Spoke with a fellow yesterday who had 2 drives drop on his old Xserve G5 MegaRAID, going through the whole rebuild and recovery bit. Fortunately, he was one of the techs who seemed to be worth his salt, because he actually had a *gasps* working and recent backup.

Just checking the size of the world, but guess it's not that small after all.

ElNono
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Gotcha. Spoke with a fellow yesterday who had 2 drives drop on his old Xserve G5 MegaRAID, going through the whole rebuild and recovery bit. Fortunately, he was one of the techs who seemed to be worth his salt, because he actually had a *gasps* working and recent backup.

Just checking the size of the world, but guess it's not that small after all.

:lol yeah, I like the looks of the Xserve, and I actually develop on Macs all the time, but I rather have the servers running Linux or FreeBSD...

mouse
08-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Funny how this upgrade is right after Mitt Romney was chosen for the Republican presidential candidate.

http://laist.com/attachments/la_tomdog/jesse_ventura_conspiracy_theory-truTV.jpg

ducks
08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
he is an upgrade with what is in the office now but not by much

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Can I RAID your FIREWIRE? :lmao

Sorry, I'm a tech noob.

Carry on. ;)

timvp
09-01-2012, 01:20 AM
The downtime is now schedule for Monday, Sept. 3 beginning at 3 AM CST. The downtime is still estimated to take about 24 hours.

Happy Labor Day, tbh.

Darkwaters
09-01-2012, 05:20 PM
LJ,

Do what you need to do. This site is great. Keep up the good work.

timvp
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Bump. T-minus ~10 hours.

lmbebo
09-02-2012, 06:22 PM
sigh. want am I to do? maybe work.

Or study..

Going to miss the updates to the Blatche thread.

Dex
09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
sigh. want am I to do? maybe work.

Or study..

Going to miss the updates to the Blatche thread.

Spoiler alert: he won't be signed during the downtime.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Spoiler alert: he won't be signed.

fify

mouse
09-02-2012, 10:52 PM
The one night I get to stay up late.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/kkk.jpg

mouse
09-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Does anyone want to hang out at ClubSpurs during the down time?

http://www.clubspurs.com/

Muki
09-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Bump. T-minus ~2 hours, I'm heading out to the data center now and the team is already in position...

timvp
09-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Bump. T-minus ~2 hours, I'm heading out to the data center now and the team is already in position...

I'm going to ski down this Slovenian mountain one more time and then meet you at the datacenter. Hopefully the SpursTalk server is more receptive to change than it was last time . . .

ElNono
09-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Snipers are in position... awaiting orders...

mouse
09-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Can you at least put the TRoll forum on a temp server so Joe Chalupa and I can talk to our TRolls?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/000-troll.jpg

timvp
09-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Welcome back :smokin

TE
09-04-2012, 03:30 AM
That was long

BruceBowenFan
09-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Longest 24 hours of my life lol

pookenstein
09-04-2012, 03:31 AM
It felt like
GgeDh1WCyeM

IronMaxipad
09-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Where's our soccer forum?!

:depressed

ata
09-04-2012, 03:48 AM
First we're going to let muki work his magic and upgrade the hardware and the system itself (OS upgrade, db update, new search engine...) which should boost the performance of the setup dramatically. Once we have a fast and stable forum, we will tackle the software upgrades of the forum itself. That will take more time and will be gradual, but without any major downtime (fingers crossed). It's during that period that we will polish the look and feel of the forum and add or reintroduce certain features.

A mobile version is definitely on the short list - but it will happen during phase 2.

What about Paypal-donate button?

mouse
09-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Wheres the Bowling forum?

Fireball
09-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Welcome back ST!

L.I.T
09-04-2012, 04:18 AM
I almost developed a social life.

mouse
09-04-2012, 04:32 AM

You still can.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jonbruner/files/2011/07/facebook_logo.jpg

TE
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM

Venti Quattro
09-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Holy shit the site is lightning fast :rollin

Slomo
09-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Yep.

Moving/deleting threads, banning people, etc.. had become a real drag it took up to a minute for the server to update the database and the forum was frozen during that time.

Now I just permanently banned M>S and it took less than 2 seconds. Thanks Muki! :tu

:p:

TDMVPDPOY
09-04-2012, 05:22 AM
so slomo

how many bots can this site hosts b4 its goes into locked mode like during the playoffs?

AussieFanKurt
09-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Yep.

Moving/deleting threads, banning people, etc.. had become a real drag it took up to a minute for the server to update the database and the forum was frozen during that time.

Now I just permanently banned M>S and it took less than 2 seconds. Thanks Muki! :tu

Is it a joke or did you finally give M>S his wish of being banned

mouse
09-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Holy shit the site is lightning fast :rollin

What was it before?

Muki
09-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Longest 24 hours of my life lol

Funny, that's exactly what Jack Bauer said.... :)

What about Paypal-donate button?

There isn't one, but your could have joined Slomo and me downtown earlier today and bought us a cup of coffee :)

Slomo
09-04-2012, 08:25 AM
so slomo

how many bots can this site hosts b4 its goes into locked mode like during the playoffs?

The problem is not the number of people accessing the forum, it's the size of the database. VBulletin is not the best application when it comes to handling large databases like ours (5,8M posts) so when a lot of people post or search at the same time VBulletin basically locks the database and then does the requests one by one and everybody waits until its done.

Now Muki has done a few thing to make everything faster (better hardware, newer OS, optimization of the setup....). Later he will upgrade the forum software and further optimize the whole thing, so that it can handle the current size even better. There is probably a limit of people that can be on the forum at the same time, but all the problems so far (previous upgrade included) have had to deal with the database size (and yes, one day we will again hit a magical size, where everything will start to slow down again).

And finally let me remind you that big commercial forums have the same problems, but they have both staff and budgets that deal with them. Spurstalk on the other hand has timvp and KoriEllis - so big props to them for financing a big forum like this out of their pockets.

Is it a joke or did you finally give M>S his wish of being banned

No just a joke :depressed

Venti Quattro
09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Why didn't you guys upgrade the forum software tho?

timvp
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM

This will be the first part of a multiple step process that should bring about a much better user experience for everyone. In the next couple weeks or so, we'll also be upgrading the forum software, massively improving the search functionality, adding better chat features and a few other new aspects that will be announced soon.

That's next on the agenda. This step was mostly server related upgrades, which has done a lot to improve the speed of everything. Next up will be the forum software upgrade and that will impact the user experience much more noticeably. We don't have an exact timeline on when it will happen but hopefully it will be soon (it'll depend how long it takes to customize the new software).

Muki
09-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Not yet - one step at a time. The forum software is just the tip of the iceberg, what was done over the last 24h was the fundamentals that make everything else possible.

mavs>spurs
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Yep.

nope you didn't have the balls

Reck
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you guys tweeking the new server and so on?

Site has been pretty erratic today.

Slomo
09-05-2012, 12:30 AM
nope you didn't have the balls

It doesn't take courage to click on a button from 6000 miles away, only a pussy would think that.

Let me educate you. Your existence on this board is a simple case of mind over matter - I don't mind and you don't matter.

Slomo
09-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Are you guys tweeking the new server and so on?

Site has been pretty erratic today.

Yeah sorry about that. There are still a few things to adjust for optimum performance. In theory it shouldn't be too noticeable.

mouse
09-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Your existence on this board is a simple case of mind over matter - I don't mind and you don't matter.

ZkMiqpPDilw

mavs>spurs
09-05-2012, 03:42 AM
It doesn't take courage to click on a button from 6000 miles away, only a pussy would think that.

Let me educate you. Your existence on this board is a simple case of mind over matter - I don't mind and you don't matter.

You were once in a picture with bigzak and it was impossible to tell who was bigger nuff said.

benfti
09-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Been working beautifully for me on a number of devices today.

well done to all those concerned.

Slomo
09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
You were once in a picture with bigzak and it was impossible to tell who was bigger nuff said.

Ah yes. The good old times. Have you seen the one where me and Zak are partying in London? That was a couple of fetching lads right there.

Don't know why you're bringing this up. Did you hope I would be offended by someone telling me how I looked? Seriously?

spurs10
09-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks for everyone's work on the board. Everything is working great!

Brazil
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM

DAF86
09-06-2012, 08:40 AM

:lmao Boom roasted!

mouse
09-09-2012, 09:03 AM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Kissing-ass.jpg

sorry couldn't resit.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/65.jpg

flipspursfan
09-09-2012, 10:13 AM
slomo shitting on m>s

velik_m
09-09-2012, 12:51 PM
The problem is not the number of people accessing the forum, it's the size of the database. VBulletin is not the best application when it comes to handling large databases like ours (5,8M posts) so when a lot of people post or search at the same time VBulletin basically locks the database and then does the requests one by one and everybody waits until its done.

It's time to upgrade the search engine. Perhaps:
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/350427-Sphinx-search-BETA-for-vBulletin-4.0 ?

Slomo
09-09-2012, 12:54 PM
It's time to upgrade the search engine. Perhaps:
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/350427-Sphinx-search-BETA-for-vBulletin-4.0 ?

Well we said that software upgrades will follow the recent hardware and system upgrades....
;)

spurs10
09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Kissing-ass.jpg

sorry couldn't resit.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/bored/65.jpg
:lol Is that Eric Idle?

Venti Quattro
09-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Can you also make the YouTube windows bigger and in widescreen format? Thanks scros

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
also upgrade the arcade. I've played all the games. And some of them are pretty glitchy.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, the arcade coming back?