PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers fails to win a championship this year

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Should the blame go out to Kobe for not being able to lead another star studded cast or Mike Brown?

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Not hating on Kobe but if the Lakers fails to win a championship with Gasol, Nash, Artest, Howard and Jodie Meeks then its on him IMHO.

Bynumite
08-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Another great gnsf take.

Defeat? It's on Kobe. Ring? Kobe's a coat-tailer.

So Kobe's impact never goes beyond losses, nice logic.

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Artest wants the blame, read it on LAT.

Killakobe81
08-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Another great gnsf take.

Yep. Same flimsy logic used in Duncan vs. Kobe ...

Rings = Team accomplishment

Missing playoffs = Individual failure, especially if it's Kobe

But what about backdoor sweeps, "8" and losing in the playoffs with HCA?

Clipper Nation
08-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Another great gnsf take.

Works both ways, tbh.... don't try to give Food Stamps 100% credit for everything good, and then people won't give him 100% of the blame when things go wrong.....

whitemamba
08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
mike brown coaching decisions are the most worrying aspect tbh

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, can y'all agree at least that Kobe's the biggest question mark for the Lakers this year? Every concern regarding Mike Brown's ability to coach is basically thrown out of the indow as soon as Nash signed with the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, can y'all agree at least that Kobe's the biggest question mark for the Lakers this year? Every concern regarding Mike Brown's ability to coach is basically thrown out of the indow as soon as Nash signed with the Lakers.

Bitch!!! please...yall niggas been on here trying to re-write history for years...but if it wasn't for a real nigga like Kool keeping it real yall phaggots would be running wild with fanciful tales of my nigga Kobe's demise..

If you cats want the real truth..holla at Kool all day ere day...Imma hold it up...

talk about keeping it real...with Nash and a stud Dwight added to the mix my nigga won't have to do it by himself next year...

Kobe's final game against OKC...don't look like no fucking question mark to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yG0hCqtghM

whitemamba
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Bitch!!! please...yall niggas been on here trying to re-write history for years...but if it wasn't for a real nigga like Kool keeping it real yall phaggots would be running wild with fanciful tales of my nigga Kobe's demise..

If you cats want the real truth..holla at Kool all day ere day...Imma hold it up...

talk about keeping it real...with Nash and a stud Dwight added to the mix my nigga won't have to do it by himself next year...

Kobe's final game against OKC...don't look like no fucking question mark to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yG0hCqtghM

damn i totally forgot how fucking good he was that game.. too bad no one else showed up

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 04:40 PM
:lmao @ Kool Aids using Kobe's 42 game explosion against OKC :lmao

Dude, that's exactly my point :lol

Look at the boxscore while Kobe's scoring those buckets which I might add a good dozen of them came from garbage time crofl.

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 04:43 PM
damn i totally forgot howgood he was that game.. too bad no one else showed up

:lol

Dude, OKC's gameplan in that game was to neutralize Kobe's teammates and let Kobe have his :lol, mission accomplished I should say.

TBQH. Seriously. I'm going to bump this thread come May or June if they make it that far. Kobe, not MB will be the main reason of Lakers demise this year.

You've all seen the olympics. Kobe was still shooting those fadeaway threes to prove a point. :lol

Stalin
08-25-2012, 04:55 PM
everyone trying to create a superteam these days, but dwight is no shaq, and kobe is TOSB

LkrFan
08-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Should the blame go out to Kobe for not being able to lead another star studded cast or Mike Brown?

Are you saying you disagree with Ace? Ace thinks the Lakers have no chance in hell versus the Heat. No matter that we filled all of our major holes and upgraded the center position. Of course, I disagree with her. Discuss son. Thanks.

LkrFan
08-25-2012, 05:07 PM
everyone trying to create a superteam these days, but dwight is no shaq, and kobe is TOSB

Low post defense nowadays is nonexistent. The center position (sans Bynum and maybe Hibbert) is weak. We don't need D12 to be Shaq, but given the current circumstances he'll produce like him and guard the yard.

Kobe has competent help this year (understatement). Despite his mileage. Despite the fact that he 34 (MJ won until age 35 BTW). That jumper is going nowhere fast. Now he won't have to work as hard for his shots playing alongside Nash. In other words, he will still get it done.

whitemamba
08-25-2012, 05:22 PM
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: mitch

Deuce Bigalow
08-25-2012, 05:32 PM
This is what's going to happen

If the Lakers win: Of course they were going to win. Kobe had the most stacked team in the league. Carried to another ring again.

If the Lakers lose: Kobe's fault. Couldn't win a championship with a stacked team.

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Dude, OKC's gameplan in that game was to neutralize Kobe's teammates and let Kobe have his :lol, mission accomplished I should say.

TBQH. Seriously. I'm going to bump this thread come May or June if they make it that far. Kobe, not MB will be the main reason of Lakers demise this year.

You've all seen the olympics. Kobe was still shooting those fadeaway threes to prove a point. :lol

you're a fucking retard if you believe dat...OKC don't have a defensive game plan...they just let that African run wild and hope he blocks shots..Durant doesn't play a lick of defense and neither does Westbrook...

Harden and Shefalosa tried defending Kobe but we all saw what happened when they tried to play Kobe one on one..they got torched...it's a fucking shame they can't guard a 34 yr old one one one and they're like 10 yrs younger....:lmao look again at that vid I posted and stop hating you 2-bit sissy

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2012, 05:55 PM
bottom line is Pau and Bynum just didn't know how to play off each other and Sessions choked up...Kobe had to guard the 1 and 2 spot to keep us competitive in the series plus he had to score the ball because of our 2 stooges Pau and Bynum...

that all changes now...stop hating niggas - lol

LkrFan
08-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Chris just logged off rather than take the witness stand. :lol

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you saying you disagree with Ace? Ace thinks the Lakers have no chance in hell versus the Heat. No matter that we filled all of our major holes and upgraded the center position. Of course, I disagree with her. Discuss son. Thanks.

Of course I disagree with Ace. He's not a real Heat fan, probably one of those bandwagon types, with all due respect to that dude :lol I've been a Heat fan since the Zo, PJ Brown, Tim Hardaway days fwiw so I know I'm a real fan. I even have a Harold Miner champion jersey, anyway, that's that.

I'm not delusional. I know the Lakers presents the biggest challenge to Miami's repeat. They have size and Dwight and Pau are no joke adding Nash to this already deep roster makes them the favorite so IMO the pressure is on LA.

Miami will build on the same chemistry that got them there last season. They have Wade, Lebron, Bosh and a bunch of 3 point shooters. We're all hoping for Lebron to save us all again.

Its a monumental task, sure, but if Lebron beats these group of heavyweights, it would do amazing wonders in his already remarkable career (Lebron would catapult his standing from the all time list of Top 15 player to a Top 6 of all time)

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Also, if Kobe loses to Lebron's underdog Heat this year, this should definitely kick Kobe out of the Top 10 list for good. I mean, there's just no way you can make a case for him in the Top 10 anymore. With a cast of Gasol, Dwight, Nash and Artest, its ring or bust for his career IMHO.

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Also, if Kobe loses to Lebron's underdog Heat this year, this should definitely kick Kobe out of the Top 10 list for good. I mean, there's just no way you can make a case for him in the Top 10 anymore. With a cast of Gasol, Dwight, Nash and Artest, its ring or bust for his career IMHO.

I'm ok with this belief..we deal with the real in Lakerland...as long as we are healthy going into the finals all things being equal if Kobe can't get it done then I agree he will and should take a hit...but keep in mind he already beat 3 first ballot HOF'ers in 2009...so his legacy is safe..that's something MJ never did to win a title..and if an older and mature Kobe beats a prime Lebron then Lebron goes away forever.

Do we have a deal CR?

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
:lol thats more like it papi. I like the humility and your logic way of thinking.

I'll tell you this. If Kobe wins a championship against a prime Lebron this year, all key players in good health, I'll accept the notion that Kobe will forever be part of the Top 10 group. It's hard to kick a guy out with 6 championships and 3 FMVP's so he's in.

If Kobe loses to Lebron, then Kobe's out of the Top 10 talk...for good. no more buts, ifs or 81 point argument from his fanbois, no sir. :lol

If Lebron loses to the Lakers this year, yeah, its fair game, I don't think you can include a guy with more Finals series losses than NBA ring in the Top conversation again.

Latarian Milton
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
lakers winning championship is never a possibility as long as our big 3 play tbh

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Also, Kobe needs to shoot at least 45% in the series, otherwise deal is void.

I just realized, 45% is considered a career high for Kobe for cryin out loud :lol

Koolaid_Man
08-25-2012, 07:57 PM
:lol thats more like it papi. I like the humility and your logic way of thinking.

I'll tell you this. If Kobe wins a championship against a prime Lebron this year, all key players in good health, I'll accept the notion that Kobe will forever be part of the Top 10 group. It's hard to kick a guy out with 6 championships and 3 FMVP's so he's in.

If Kobe loses to Lebron, then Kobe's out of the Top 10 talk...for good. no more buts, ifs or 81 point argument from his fanbois, no sir. :lol

If Lebron loses to the Lakers this year, yeah, its fair game, I don't think you can include a guy with more Finals series losses than NBA ring in the Top conversation again.

Slow down homeboy Lebron is no lock to get there again..they barely beat Indiana that series could have easily gone Indy's way. NY is easily capable of beating the Heat along with an improved Philly team. but even as we speak Lebron has more finals losses than titles...regardless if Kobe rings again or not he's definately top 5...not too many people with more rings , points , and acclaim.....as much as you'd like to you can't rewrite history..

Like Frank Sinatra said: "Kobe did it his way." :hat

Duncan2177
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
mike brown coaching decisions are the most worrying aspect tbh

Yea good coach:lol

Bynumite
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Also, Kobe needs to shoot at least 45% in the series, otherwise deal is void.

I just realized, 45% is considered a career high for Kobe for cryin out loud :lol

On that note, Bron Bron won't be playing argentina and france anymore. He won't have a layup fest vs the lakeshow with D12 guarding the rim.

Expect his shooting % to recede even faster than his hairline, when the time comes and his highly suspicious jumper becomes his go to move :lmao

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 08:07 PM
they barely beat Indiana that series could have easily gone Indy's way.

Who cares, its a result.

NY is easily capable of beating the Heat along with an improved Philly team. but even as we speak Lebron has more finals losses than titles...regardless if Kobe rings again or not he's definately top 5...not too many people with more rings , points , and acclaim.....as much as you'd like to you can't rewrite history..

NY and Melo aint doing jack to anybody in the East. That team was formed for the lulz tbh. Philly? Is this serious? Bynum fooled everyone for sure. Brad Daugherty type of career tbh.

WTF, Kobe ain't no Top 5. I was gracious enough to put him Top 9 or 10 so far but another horrible NBA Finals defeat with an All Star Cast should cast him to the likes of Garnett, Dr J, David Robinson tier. You don;t lose an NBA championship with HOF'ers like Gasol, Dwight and Nash.

Like Frank Sinatra said: "Kobe did it his way." :hat

He sure did :lol

Dude couldn't take no for an answer.

http://peopleschampco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/kobe-mugshot.jpg

ChrisRichards
08-25-2012, 08:21 PM
On that note, Bron Bron won't be playing argentina and france anymore. He won't have a layup fest vs the lakeshow with D12 guarding the rim.

Expect his shooting % to recede even faster than his hairline, when the time comes and his highly suspicious jumper becomes his go to move :lmao
You can laugh all you want. Lebron's legacy is safer than Kobe.

3X MVP (One of 8 players in history)
NBA Champion, NBA Finals MVP, Regular season MVP all in the same year (Kobe has never done this)
8x NBA All Star
6 X NBA All First Team
4 x NBA All Defense 1st team (Deserving of all fyi)
NBA ROY (Kobe has never won this)

1 of 8 players to score 2000 points in 7 consecutive seasonsn (Kobe not included in this list btw)
1 0f 3 players to average 30 ppg 7 rpg 7 apg (Jordan, Robertson)
1st Basketball player to record a triple double at the Olympics
1 of 3 players to recors a triple double in their playoff debut (Kobe first rookie to airball 3 consecutive shots in a playoff clincher fwiw)

Career playoff average of
28.5 PPG 9.0 RPG 6.7 APG 1.7 Spg
50% FG 27.1 PER

*Kobe in comparison
25.6 ppg 5.1 rpg 4.7 apg
44% FG 22.4 PER

ElNono
08-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Too early to tell, IMO. And we probably won't know until Dwight is out there playing.

If Kobe plays the 2nd/3rd banana role, then he obviously maximizes the Laker's chances. If that were to happen, then you can pin the blame on Dwight/Nash...

If it's anything like the last couple of seasons, then you have to pin it on him...

Venti Quattro
08-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Is it true that doctors cleared Dwight to play in the opener?

ElNono
08-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Does Mik:lol Br:lolwn even matter? The best he can probably do is get out of the way and let Nash handle things...

ElNono
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM

I heard it was just a rumor so far..

LkrFan
08-26-2012, 12:07 AM

@FritzOnSports

Quote:
@DwightHoward when can you start hitting the weights again bruh?

DwightHoward

Quote:
@FritzOnSports jus started

D12 Tweet (https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/DwightHoward/status/239477749570494464)

:)

Kidd K
08-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Can't blame anyone before knowing who's fault it will be.

There's always a chance Kobe won't shoot the Lakers out of the series they eventually lose in, so I can't in good faith blame him until it happens.

I also wouldn't blame Mike Brown either. Technically he never had the same players Jackson won with. He inherited a declined Kobe, and no Odom. Though it's going to be hard to explain not winning with this current Lakers team. . .this is like some shit you put together on NBA2k while toying with the rosters before going into dynasty mode where trades actually have to be even to be made.

Jodelo
08-26-2012, 05:08 AM

NBA Champion, NBA Finals MVP, Regular season MVP all in the same year (Kobe has never done this)
8x NBA All Star
6 X NBA All First Team

1 of 8 players to score 2000 points in 7 consecutive seasonsn (Kobe not included in this list btw)
1 of 3 players to recors a triple double in their playoff debut (Kobe first rookie to airball 3 consecutive shots in a playoff clincher fwiw)

50% FG 27.1 PER

*Kobe in comparison
25.6 ppg 5.1 rpg 4.7 apg
44% FG 22.4 PER

:toast

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2012, 09:30 AM

8x NBA All Star
6 X NBA All First Team

50% FG 27.1 PER

*Kobe in comparison
25.6 ppg 5.1 rpg 4.7 apg
44% FG 22.4 PER

:lol another merry-go-round argument? umm no thanks...all boiled down to Kobe 5> Lebron 1...I have to remind myself: "Kool you are on a forum with a bunch of 15 year olds." No disrespect to anyone who is super young, but yall tend to say crazy things and get a little too high off paint...:lol

BigTex342006
08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Kobe is used to dominating the ball. Nash makes an offense go by dominating and then dishing the ball to the open man. He is know to dribble all over the place, usually keeping his dribble until he finds a team-mate. So already Kobe is going to be jonesing for the ball...so when he gets it, will he have the patience and mentality to give it up to a big....or will he (like usual) take too many shots and ice his team-mates?

It is a fact that when Kobe shoots the ball more, the Lakers lose more often. He is going to be fighting 16 years of habit this coming year. Chemistry, along with health, will be the biggest issues for the Lakers...

ChrisRichards
08-26-2012, 12:11 PM
:lol another merry-go-round argument? umm no thanks...all boiled down to Kobe 5> Lebron 1...I have to remind myself: "Kool you are on a forum with a bunch of 15 year olds." No disrespect to anyone who is super young, but yall tend to say crazy things and get a little too high off paint...:lol

Pippen 6> Olajuwon's 2?

Of course not :toast

Championship=Team Accomplishment
Championship + Regular Season and Finals MVP= Greatness only a few has achieved.

Thats all where it boils down to, slick.

All about the PER and career numbers tbh. Lebron's a better player.

ChrisRichards
08-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Kobe is used to dominating the ball. Nash makes an offense go by dominating and then dishing the ball to the open man. He is know to dribble all over the place, usually keeping his dribble until he finds a team-mate. So already Kobe is going to be jonesing for the ball...so when he gets it, will he have the patience and mentality to give it up to a big....or will he (like usual) take too many shots and ice his team-mates?

It is a fact that when Kobe shoots the ball more, the Lakers lose more often. He is going to be fighting 16 years of habit this coming year. Chemistry, along with health, will be the biggest issues for the Lakers...

This is Kobe's last hurrah for individual glory. He's going to take advantage of the fact that Nash and Dwight joined him, so its a go signal from him to let these players know that in that team the player that shoots 43% will still "eat first" :lol

phoenix219
08-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I almost wonder if the team LA has assembled would be better off with a role playing 2 that knocks down open 3s generated by Nash/Howard or Nash/Gasol. Brown already said Nash will be QBing, so if you think of the old Suns offense with Howard replacing Stoudemire, and Gasol playing the Diaw role, with Artest doing Marion style dirty work, and someone like Meeks/Jamison (stretch 4 like Frye) knocking down open 3s, Kobe's antics really might be what throws the entire flow off.

Let him play in superstar mode chucking with the 2nd unit. :D

ChrisRichards
08-26-2012, 01:04 PM
^^^

Replace Kobe with James Harden or Joe Johnson and I'm pretty sure they'll win the championship tbh.

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
enjoy this shit lil homies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIsRLZN80EY

namlook
08-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Also, if Kobe loses to Lebron's underdog Heat this year, this should definitely kick Kobe out of the Top 10 list for good.

Yeah that makes total sense. :lol Using this logic Lebron should be out of the top 25 for losing to the underdog Mavs when he had a stacked team and all the Mavs had was Dirk whose entire career was a fail until he met up with Lebron in the finals.

Failure is clearly on Mike Brown, Howard and Nash. Kobe and Gasol are proven winners who have done what it takes to win it all multiple times. It's really as simple as that.

Clipper Nation
08-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Failure is clearly on Mike Brown, Howard and Nash. Kobe and Gasol are proven winners who have done what it takes to win it all multiple times. It's really as simple as that.

So if Food Stamps has another vintage 3-21 night in a series-deciding game and the Lakers lose, it's still Mike Brown, Dwight, and Nash's fault? Go back to Lakersground, son... :lol

namlook
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
So if Food Stamps has another vintage 3-21 night in a series-deciding game and the Lakers lose, it's still Mike Brown, Dwight, and Nash's fault? Go back to Lakersground, son... :lol

This is what is called pea-brained analysis that fails to comprehend the entire picture.

Clipper Nation
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
This is what is called pea-brained analysis that fails to comprehend the entire picture.

No, I would say "it can never be Food Stamps' fault because LOLRINGZZZZ" is the epitome of pea-brained analysis, son.....

Koolaid_Man
08-26-2012, 07:43 PM
No, I would say "it can never be Food Stamps' fault because LOLRINGZZZZ" is the epitome of pea-brained analysis, son.....

what I'm about to say next is going to hurt....real bad

Since the beginning of NBA time "we" as in the Lakers (according to my math) win on average an NBA title every 3 yrs...and we make it to the finals on average every 2 yrs...:toast

Basically what I'm saying is...cough couch according to the math...it's time again :lmao

Ace
08-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Laker fans worried about Miami and they haven't even beat the Thunder. Miami is at the throne now and you niggas can't step in the ring yet.

Clipper Nation
04-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Ace thinks the Lakers have no chance in hell versus the Heat. No matter that we filled all of our major holes and upgraded the center position. Of course, I disagree with her.
:lmao

Ace
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM

Look at you faggots now... Maybe you will finally learn your lesson about disagreeing with me..