PDA

View Full Version : sons Dax Shepard is officially the biggest douchebag in Hollywood

BRHornet45
08-25-2012, 08:52 PM
sons I heard this clown on Howard Stern recently and not only is he unfunny and annoying, he is obsessed with pushing his politically correct bullshit down everyone's throats even in his new shitty movie "Hit and Run" that he wrote and directed. now he is claiming that he won't get married until gays are allowed to marry. what a tool. I wish someone would hit and run his dumb ass ...

Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell: We'll get married when our gay friends can

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/23/dax-shepard-kristen-bell-well-get-married-when-our-gay-friends-can/

In this painfully unfunny "comedy," Bell plays Annie, a professor of conflict resolution who gets dragged into a shoot-'em-up car chase to Los Angeles when her redneck fiancé (Shepard) decides to prematurely leave the Witness Protection Program. Minutes into the film, Shepard's character makes an off-hand remark using the word "fags." The line, much like every other one that precedes and follows it, is witless, and if it appeared in any other mainstream American comedy, it would likely go unnoticed by the other characters.

But astute Annie turns this aside into a teachable moment: "You just said 'fags,'" she says.

"But not in a homophobic way," he attempts to rationalize. "I used it instead of 'lame.'"

"It's used to marginalize gay people," she insists and explains that it's never acceptable to use it. Ever. The exchange is dry, odd, and didactic; you're almost waiting for a monologue in which Bell describes the etymology of "faggot."

"I'm going to be the exact same person you met for the rest of my life," he tenderly promises.

"But... do you think you could be the same person but not use the word 'fag'?" she responds. We have long forgotten about the dropped F-bomb, but she can't let it go.

It's an unusual moment of moral conviction in an otherwise vapid script. Until Charlie proves himself to be sensitive to the plight of the gays, he's not getting the girl; Annie won't even kiss the lips of a man who utters "fag."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zach-udko/why-you-should-embrace-this-summers-worst-film_b_1819663.html

Jacob1983
08-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Does anyone ever really put stock into this shit or care? How many celebs said they would leave America in 2004 if Bush got a 2nd term? It's just attention whoring. Dax doesn't really care about gay people or his gay friends. He just wants people to think he cares so he can get street cred and get a pat on the back because he's a fighter and a supporter of gay marriage.

jack sommerset
08-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Does anyone ever really put stock into this shit or care? How many celebs said they would leave America in 2004 if Bush got a 2nd term? It's just attention whoring. Dax doesn't really care about gay people or his gay friends. He just wants people to think he cares so he can get street cred and get a pat on the back because he's a fighter and a supporter of gay marriage.

Maybe his gf is puttin pressure on him to get hitched and this is a out. I think it's promoted his latest film. There are not many people that care if two dudes can't get married. It's a silly topic. God bless