PDA

View Full Version : Arab Editorial on Bush

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Man of History
By Ahmed Al-Jarallah
Editor-in-Chief, the Arab Times

WE are with President Bush who has said, "I am the man who makes history." Who, other than President Bush, can launch a war against terrorism? Who else will come to the rescue of people suppressed by dictators? Who else was there to build and develop nations? and above all who made democracy the new international system for all the people in this world?

None of the Middle Eastern countries could face terrorism alone. Some of them went to the extent of making compromises and allying with terrorist organisations. These countries were afraid to kick out terrorists until the United States arrived on the scene, heading a coalition of the willing to root out terrorism. Some people may be sceptical about what the US has achieved. But we know it has not only liberated Afghanistan from Taleban and its ally Osama Bin Laden but also created a modern democratic country with its own police, army and other civil institutions.

The United States has also liberated the Iraqi people and created a modern country from the ruins of the former regime. There are some people who still call the war to liberate Iraq as "baseless," citing the failure of Americans to find any weapons of mass destruction (WMD). What they forget is the Americans did find many mass graves where millions had been buried alive. This alone is enough to prove Saddam's regime was more lethal than any WMD man has known.

Quite recently the US forces have cleansed the holy places in Najaf of the remnants of the former regime and other infiltrators. When we consider all these there is no doubt Bush is a man who creates history. Western countries, which were against Bush in his war on terrorism, are now feeling the painful stings of terrorism. France has two of its citizens kidnapped in Iraq. The kidnappers have threatened to behead the French hostages if France fails to reconsider its law, which bans Muslim women from wearing hijab in schools.

Terrorism can be tackled only through war and only the United States, backed by a President who creates history, is capable of handling such a war. We must remember Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. Terrorists exploit the religion to achieve their objective, which is to destroy civilisation, kill people, start wars and plunge the world into darkness. We saw how these terrorists kidnapped and killed innocent people under the cloak of religion only to forget all about their cause in exchange for a fistful of dollars.

The entire world is aware of the cause and effect of terrorism. The killing and beheading of some innocent people won't prevent the United States or its allies from confronting terrorism. Americans are convinced of the need to fight this menace and no country is better equipped to do this job except the United States, which has the mightiest armed forces history has ever known.

President Bush has the right to say "I am the man who makes history" because he is fighting aggression against modern civilisation. He is creating countries which enjoy democracy, peace, stability and security. These countries are now able to be a part of the international community sharing their traditions and culture with the rest of the humanity. Bush is the President of not only the United States but the whole world for he is making history on this small planet.

www.arabtimesonline.com/a...?msgID=547 (http://www.arabtimesonline.com/arabtimes/opinion/view.asp?msgID=547)

-------------------------

BUT it's all a conservative media conspiracy[/nbadunce]

Nbadan
09-04-2004, 06:01 AM
Terrorists exploit the religion to achieve their objective, which is to destroy civilization, kill people, start wars and plunge the world into darkness. We saw how these terrorists kidnapped and killed innocent people under the cloak of religion only to forget all about their cause in exchange for a fistful of dollars.

:wtf

Remind me again, when did I say the whole war on terrorism was a conservative conspiracy?

Terrorists can exploit religion on both sides, and it makes for a really nasty war. Perhaps, no other cause since man stopped fighting for just subsistence, has led to more wars in history than religion. However, it not religion in itself that leads men to war. All religions of Abraham are peaceful religions. It's when people are brain-washed to interpret what is written in scripture to literal extremes when religion can become dangerous. Next to family, religion is very sacred to most people, and when anything is sacred, it can be a easy vehicle of manipulation. It most Ironic to me that you seem to be able to see this in Muslims, but you can't see it happening here.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Can't see it happening here? WTF Dan?

This isn't the Crusades dumbass, THREE THOUSAND people died 9/11.

I don't see our troops running around Iraq blowing up civilians chanting "God is Great!" do you?

You are so pathetic. You are so desperate to spin ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, as a negative against Bush you are going completely insane in your rationale.

You don't need Kerry to win, you need some time in a padded room with a straight jacket.

It looks to me from your post like you're calling Bush a terrorist and saying he's exploiting religion here in the states. Yesterday the dumbest thing I'd ever read was you saying that booing was worse than people being shot at (well, they were Republicans right?).

Now you come up with this gem about Bush, and that he's somehow warping religion and that anyone who recognizes the threat we saw emerge on 9/11 is weakminded (obviously we are weakminded, we are Republicans...) ?

You don't need to post more, you need some psychological help. You aren't even dealing in reality anymore, Dan, seriously man. Get some help. I don't say that with a political agenda, I say that as one human being seeing another human being who needs some psychological help (that, or stay off the bottle).

To touch on one other thing...

Islam is not a religion of peace. History tells us that story - even the founder of Islam, Muhammed, waged war to get his way. The Shi'ite/Sunni split happened after the death of the fourth caliph. They've been fighting ever since. That's over 1400 years. Islam can be accused of a lot of things, but history tells us peace isn't one of them.

History session aside, get some help man - you need it.

travis2
09-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Don't forget defending taking and killing kids to get what you want, AHF.

NeoConIV
09-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Dan is obviously a very intelligent fellow, but sometimes even the brightest can suffer from delusion, blurring the lines of reality.

IcemanCometh
09-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Religion by its very nature does not preach peace, it preaches control.

You can keep turning a blind eye to the sins of america's past all you want but we are hardly suckling babes wandering in the woods.

E20
09-04-2004, 03:07 PM
even the founder of Islam, Muhammed
Wasn't the founder, God gave him the message he delivered it.

Yonivore
09-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Or you can keep applying contemporary standards to past deeds and ignore the progress made.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-04-2004, 04:34 PM
E20,

I was trying to dumb it down for Dan, he needs it. I realize Muhammed was the "messenger", or the prophet who delivered God's message, but my point remains the same - since it was founded, there's been nothing but violence.

Not trying to paint them negatively, it's just a fact of history.

IcemanCometh
09-04-2004, 05:00 PM
You can say that about christianity

Nbadan
09-05-2004, 05:43 AM
I don't see our troops running around Iraq blowing up civilians chanting "God is Great!" do you?

Nope, just republicans surrounding W. shouting "Bush is Great".

AHF, you are clue-less and help-less. The Repubicans surround themselves around christianity as if they have a direct hotline to God, and we aren't supposed to see through that blantant manipulation of religion, right? Even Falwell and Robertson, ever in the background of the republican party, have sermoned about how god 'speaks through Pres. Bush' and about how 'God says W. in a landslide in November'.

No my friend, if you are so closed-minded that you can't see what is going on, perhaps it is you who check yourself into a mental facility, or better yet, since you seem to agree that with W. that this is a war of good-versus-evil, maybe you ought to join the Army, Navy, AF, Marines or Coast Guard and put your actions where your mouth is. God would expect no less, no?

travis2
09-05-2004, 11:11 AM
No, we see very well what is happening. And we see you and the rest of you left-wing lunatics supporting anything and everything that just might be construed as bringing President Bush down.

You just keep on defending the killing of women and children, Dan. Don't worry...we see you and your ilk for who you really are.

Hook Dem
09-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Dan:"Even Falwell and Robertson, ever in the background of the republican party, have sermoned about how god 'speaks through Pres. Bush' and about how 'God says W. in a landslide in November'." .......Hey Dan...is this any different than Michael Moore speaking for the Dumbocrats?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Clueless and helpless?

Nope, just republicans surrounding W. shouting "Bush is Great".

Yes, this obviously is just as bad as the Arabs who chanted it while killing 3000+ Americans on 9/11.

It's obviously just as bad as the Chechnyan militants who killed all the schoolchildren and their parents.

It's obviously just as bad as the militants who attacked Khobar Towers, the Marine Barracks in Beirut, the USS Cole, the U.S. Embassies in Africa, the Israelis riding buses, eating dinner, etc.

Spare me your lecture, so far out of grasp with reality equating the murders of thousands with a couple of Repubs chanting "Bush is Great."

Come on man, take a step back and look at yourself.

Booing > bullets.
Bush is Great chat > thousands of innocent civilians dead

That is the most convoluted, fucked up logic I have ever seen.

Nbadan
09-06-2004, 06:52 AM
You just keep on defending the killing of women and children, Dan. Don't worry...we see you and your ilk for who you really are

I suppose to Neocons its ok to kill women and children as long as they aren't American, right? How many did we kill in Najaf alone and for what? So the insurgents can walk away at the end.

Hook Dem
09-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Dan....You are one desperate individual who insists on going down swinging but you are going down. Count on it!

travis2
09-06-2004, 12:13 PM
No, Dan, killing women and children is never OK...but unfortunately in an urban warfare environment it sometimes does happen. And you can blame the terrorists who holed themselves up inside a place of worship for that.

To liberals, killing women and children is quite OK, particularly if they are American, unborn, and/or the wives/children of people they disagree with.

I see you're sporting your brown shirt and orange armband again. Or should I say "still"...

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-06-2004, 02:38 PM
I am convinced that Dan would rather see another ten thousand Americans killed (and would blame it on Bush) than see a militant killed (militants have feelings too ya know).

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 05:45 AM
Who shares blame for the death of 400 women, and children in Russia?

THE WAR IN CHECHNYA

With regard to Chechnya, the main rebel leaders Shamil Basayev and Al Khattab were trained and indoctrinated in CIA sponsored camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan

Global Exchange (http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/afghanistan/chossudovsky091201.html)

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 05:50 AM
I am convinced that Dan would rather see another ten thousand Americans killed (and would blame it on Bush) than see a militant killed (militants have feelings too ya know).

I am convinced that AhF is such a xenophobe that he relishes in the death of Arab women and children.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 05:55 AM
To liberals, killing women and children is quite OK, particularly if they are American, unborn, and/or the wives/children of people they disagree with.

:rolleyes

To Neocons, killing women and children is quite ok, particularly if they are not American, are born again christians (like W), or people who just happen to get in the way of the oil.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 06:10 AM
When danny boy has no real answer, he'll blame the CIA and/or the "neocons". What a chump.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 06:16 AM
No real answer to what? The fact that the Chechyan leaders where trained by the CIA in Pakistan and Afghanistan? The fact that W. recently granted asylum to a Chechyan rebel leader wanted by the Russians for acts of terrorism? The fact that even Putin is so pissed at the U.S. for meddling in russian affairs by sponsoring Chechyan and Georgian rebels, that he warned us that russia is still a nuclear power yesterday?

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Putin is trying to find a political scapegoat. You, of course, are trying to blame everything in the world on Bush which is why most posters here think you are a nutcase.

IcemanCometh
09-09-2004, 11:04 AM
http://www.anywhichway.net/albums/dcrallyoctober25/godhatesme.sized.jpg

religion of peace (http://www.mindspring.com/~taylorls/bomb.html)

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Oh, it has nothing on that other "religion of peace"...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040907/i/r4207464581.jpg
A video grab image shows pupils and adults, as well as an object hanging from wires attached to the basketball rings, in the gym of the school in Beslan, Russia, which was shot by the militants during the siege and released on September 7, 2004. Russia's NTV television showed graphic footage shot by the militants who took more than a thousand hostages in a school in Beslan in the south of the country last week. REUTERS/NTV/Via Reuters TV

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040907/i/r4190844459.jpg
A video grab image shows what appears to be a female militant in the gym of the school in Beslan, Russia where militants took more than a thousand hostages last week. The video was shot by the hostage-takers on the first day of the siege and released on September 7, 2004. Russia's NTV television showed graphic footage shot by the militants showing a masked and heavily armed man and a woman in Arab-style black headdress, as well as hundreds of hostages sitting in the gymnasium which later became a battleground. REUTERS/NTV/Via Reuters TV

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cpress/20040908/capt.w090777a.jpg
A relative of Madina Tamayeva, 10, weeps as she holds Madina's portrait during her funeral in Beslan on Monday. (AP/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040907/i/r2848701707.jpg
Relatives mourn for Inna Kasumova, 16, a hostage killed in Russia's school siege, during her funeral in the town of Beslan, on September 7, 2004. Russian President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites) rejected any dialogue with Chechen separatists, blamed for at least 335 deaths in the school hostage siege, as hundreds of thousands joined rallies against terrorism. Photo by Grigory Dukor/Reuters

Lest we forget,

http://shotsacrossthebow.com/weblog/images/World%20Trade%20Center%2010.jpg

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 12:07 PM
"No real answer to what? The fact that the Chechyan leaders where trained by the CIA in Pakistan and Afghanistan? The fact that W. recently granted asylum to a Chechyan rebel leader wanted by the Russians for acts of terrorism? The fact that even Putin is so pissed at the U.S. for meddling in russian affairs by sponsoring Chechyan and Georgian rebels, that he warned us that russia is still a nuclear power yesterday?"
Of course, that 1/3 of the murderers are Arabs with al Qaeda connections means nothing.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Of course, that 1/3 of the murderers are Arabs with al Qaeda connections means nothing.

Of course, that 19 of the 19 hijackers where Islamic Jihad and not Al-Queda means nothing. We still gave over $2 billion dollars to Egypt this year.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Oh please, al Qaeda claimed responsibility. Now you're just talking out your ass.

Besides, all those organizations need to be eliminated...Islamic Jihad, Hamas, al Qaeda, etc...Who gives a **** where they were, they're all related and they all need to be killed.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 12:19 PM
al Qaeda claimed responsibility

Correction. Bin Laden himself said that he had nothing to do with the 911 attacks.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, whatever, Islamic Terrorists never lie.

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Of course danny boy believes what bin Ladin has to say.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-09-2004, 07:16 PM
lol, now Danny's even trying to deflect the blame for 9/11?

Shit, BL sat there on tape and laughed his ass off at 9/11.

So after all your other brilliant takes in the last few weeks, now you're telling us that AQ isn't the problem Dan? That's good stuff.

I dunno if crack kills but it sure makes people like Dan talk out their ass a lot.

Nbadan
09-10-2004, 04:15 AM
Without ever doing a investigation, the administration had already sealed the deal on Bin Laden and Al-Queda's involvement in 911 thanks in large part to the mass media. So what did Bin Laden have to gain by denying that he had anything to do with 911? Doesn't make sense does it?

Never mind the up to 1000 or more Al-Queda operatives that the administration claimed were possibly already in the U.S. planning attacks which could occur any time now, but strangely, or not, not during the RNC convention in NYC. A city that terrorists have already attacked repeatedly in the past.

Then we have this statement by Cheney that only the current administration could stop future terrorists attacks in the U.S.. Makes ya wonder if Cheney knows more about these terrorists and their plans than he is letting on. Otherwise, Why would he make a statement like that? Oh yeah, to pander to public fear.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2004, 04:23 AM
So tell me Dan, what did the "non-partisan" 9/11 Commission say about 9/11. Get back to me please.

Of course Cheney is pandering to the public fear. Not like the Demos haven't been doing the same.

Oh wait, I forgot - it's only fair if the Demos do it. If a conservative does it, that's dirty pool.

:rolleyes

Nbadan
09-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Of course Cheney is pandering to the public fear. Not like the Demos haven't been doing the same.

The whole GOP convention was pandering to public fear, but then again, why go away from the one thing you do right?

The Democratic convention was very positive. I don't remember any of the featured speakers using fear to influence public opinion. Except fear that the current administration might get elected again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Positive? All it featured was speaker after speaker saying "hey, John Kerry spent 4 months in 'Nam, vote for him."

Gimme a break, pandering to public fear? I know you're asleep at the wheel, but the public in America feel that the nation's security is the single most important issue in this election.

Damn George W. Bush for grabbing that bull by the horns, he should be bullshitting about something that happened 30 years ago that somehow qualifies him for the presidency.