PDA

View Full Version : Fox News introduces Romney sons with gay anthem ‘It’s Raining Men’

boutons_deux
08-27-2012, 12:06 PM
The song “It’s Raining Men” was written in 1979 by David Letterman sidekick Paul Schaffer and gay songwriter Paul Jabara, who died of complications from AIDS in 1992. After being turned down by Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Diana Ross, the song was eventually recorded by one-hit-wonder The Weather Girls. The LGBT community adopted the song as a gay anthem, catapulting it to the number one song in 1982 and then again in 2001, when it was covered by British pop singer-songwriter Geri Halliwell.

RuPaul and Martha Wash also recorded “It’s Raining Men… The Sequel” in 1998.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/27/fox-news-introduces-romney-sons-with-gay-anthem-its-raining-men/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

:lol

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
The song “It’s Raining Men” was written in 1979 by David Letterman sidekick Paul Schaffer and gay songwriter Paul Jabara, who died of complications from AIDS in 1992. After being turned down by Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Diana Ross, the song was eventually recorded by one-hit-wonder The Weather Girls. The LGBT community adopted the song as a gay anthem, catapulting it to the number one song in 1982 and then again in 2001, when it was covered by British pop singer-songwriter Geri Halliwell.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/27/fox-news-introduces-romney-sons-with-gay-anthem-its-raining-men/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

So, is there something wrong with the song?

Drachen
08-27-2012, 12:25 PM
of course they would use that song. These are christians and it says Halleluiah. What is the confusion?

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Someone who selected the song probably heard it without ever seeing the 80's era video.

bBlbPw7WAqM

Still, it looks more like a male review song for women.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Someone who selected the song probably heard it without ever seeing the 80's era video.

bBlbPw7WAqM

Still, it looks more like a male review song for women.
I remember the song form the 80's and didn't know then, or now, it had some esoteric gay provenance. It's clever and has a great rhythm. I like the song.

Like you, I always thought it was some anthem for women who love men.

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Maybe boutons loves the men in the video?

ElNono
08-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Beats Angry Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G_3W_Qsn8)...

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Songfacts.com only has one mention of it being a "gay anthem" and doesn't explain why. Most other "facts" deal with the other contexts in which it was used (Bridget Jones Diary [not exactly a "gay" movie]) and (on Friends -- in a scene that doesn't sound like an homage to homosexuality).

Anyway, I also remember -- other than it being a great song with a catchy chorus -- that the Weather Girls (who, apparently were deemed too fat to perform the song on videos of the day and were replaced by models who lip-synced the song) had to sue for royalties. I wonder how much of that difficulty was caused by Shaeffer and the Jabara?

Funny how I never knew the gay community considered it a "gay anthem." Guess that goes to show who's interested in labels and who's not.

clambake
08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
i just appreciate how they all served their country.

boutons_deux
08-27-2012, 12:59 PM
"I never knew the gay community"

you, gay culture hawk, follow it closely?

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 01:00 PM

You must follow the gay community closely, since you brought it to us. I didn't know it was the "gay anthem" either.

leemajors
08-27-2012, 01:02 PM
it's pretty fucking obvious why it's a gay anthem.

boutons_deux
08-27-2012, 01:02 PM
"You must follow the gay community closely, since you brought it to us"

WC logic at it's very best.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 01:07 PM

Actually, no. But, for instance, I know the rainbow has been appropriated by the gay community and I know the gay connotation of the song YMCA and I haven't stopped appreciating rainbows nor do I have any aversion to the YMCA song or the group that sang it (although, I was never a fan).

I guess my point is, why is it important for you to point it out? Is the song the exclusive property of gays? Were you hoping to elicit some negative response?

Well, apparently, the RNC isn't as sensitive to identity politics as you.

djohn2oo8
08-27-2012, 01:08 PM
You have to be pretty fucking stupid to not recognize it as such.

djohn2oo8
08-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Actually, no. But, for instance, I know the rainbow has been appropriated by the gay community and I know the gay connotation of the song YMCA and I haven't stopped appreciating rainbows nor do I have any aversion to the YMCA song or the group that sang it (although, I was never a fan).

I guess my point is, why is it important for you to point it out? Is the song the exclusive property of gays? Were you hoping to elicit some negative response?

Well, apparently, the RNC isn't as sensitive to identity politics as you.

So you think a man's theme song being "its raining men" isn't gay? :lol

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 01:09 PM
it's pretty fucking obvious why it's a gay anthem.
You're right, I can see that and, good for them. I'd just never heard that before and, if you put it in the context I remember, it was sung (lip synced) by a couple of hot models who appeared to be singing about men -- in a heterosexual way.

I can certainly see why homosexual men would take it as an anthem but, you would think a male artist would have released a recording so it would make more sense for them to do so; not many people know who writes the songs they like. Even fewer know their sexual orientation and, I suspect, fewer still, care.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 01:10 PM
It was performed by women when I knew it.

boutons_deux
08-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Repugs, and party professional Repugs, activists, operatives, are rotten with gays. The choice of this gay anthem was an insider prank, or a play for the gay vote.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
You have to be pretty fucking stupid to not recognize it as such.
Wouldn't that require me to have known the writers and the sexual orientation of the writers and, further, to know they intended for it to be an anthem for gay men?

I like a lot of Elton John's music. He's gay, Bernie Taupin isn't. I'm not sure any of his songs are a nod to gays.

I like a lot of Melissa Ethridge's music. Many of were sexually ambiguous enough that gay or straight could appreciate the sentiment -- from a gay or straight singer.

My question, particularly to boutons, is why is this a big deal?

djohn2oo8
08-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Wouldn't that require me to have known the writers and the sexual orientation of the writers and, further, to know they intended for it to be an anthem for gay men?

I like a lot of Elton John's music. He's gay, Bernie Taupin isn't. I'm not sure any of his songs are a nod to gays.

I like a lot of Melissa Ethridge's music. Many of were sexually ambiguous enough that gay or straight could appreciate the sentiment -- from a gay or straight singer.

:lmao No. You would just need to ask yourself why a man would be blasting "its raining men" in his car or why some men would even like that song

TeyshaBlue
08-27-2012, 01:35 PM

This is pretty fucking hilarious.:toast

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
:lmao No. You would just need to ask yourself why a man would be blasting "its raining men" in his car or why some men would even like that song
You say that as if there's something wrong with homosexuality. Some men might like the song because they're gay. Some might like it because it's a catchy tune.

Well, I don't turn it off when it comes on; it's a catchy tune. And, quite frankly, I've never considered a gay anthem or considered it gay to like the song.

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Repugs, and party professional Repugs, activists, operatives, are rotten with gays. The choice of this gay anthem was an insider prank, or a play for the gay vote.
I seriously doubt that. If anything, it seems to me the brothers would be offended by having this song played for their presence. I think, since conservatives aren't caught up in the class distinction shit like you are, they didn't know the significance.

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
My guess...

Because he's the biggest bigot here...

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Again, that just reeks of denigrating gays. It's no surprise the Republican party has gays; even outside the identified group known as Log Cabin Republicans.

What's your angle boutons? Why are you such a gay hater?

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
He's our resident bigot!

boutons_deux
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Fox get called out for using a gay anthem, and I'm a bigot?

Wild Cobra
08-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes.

You are a bigot against republicans, corporate structure, and so many other things. No amount of truth changes your hatred of certain classes of people.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Pretty much.

Fox is apparently inclusive by using the gay anthem or, as is probably the case, is just ignorant of it's characterization as a gay anthem, and you want to make a big deal out of it. I'd call that some kind of prejudice.

jack sommerset
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Everyone knows the gay anthem is "dancing queen" and it's difficult to defend my brother Boutons when people accuse him of bigotry but I will try. He is confused and caught up in the red vs blue war and doesn't mean to come off like one. God bless

TeyshaBlue
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Pretty much.

Fox is apparently inclusive by using the gay anthem or, as is probably the case, is just ignorant of it's characterization as a gay anthem, and you want to make a big deal out of it. I'd call that some kind of prejudice.

Actually, it's irony. And it's funny as fuck.

Drachen
08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
for yoni and wc "we are family" is another gay anthem so if Paul Ryan comes out to talk about family values and that music is playing, it will also be funny as fuck.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Actually, it's irony. And it's funny as fuck.
To those in the know, I guess so. Kind of an inside joke?

My exposure to the song has been in a heterosexual context; first, when it was aired as a music video where women were singing about it raining men and, second, when that Spice Girl sand it for Bridget Jones Diary.

And, for the poster that suggested it was some gay Fox technician that was playing a practical joke, I think it's just as likely it was a female Fox technician that thinks the Romney sons are hotties.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not sure "It's Raining Men," is as widely known as a "gay anthem" as some in this forum or at Rawstory.com might think. It's the first I've ever heard of it described as such. Also, that characterization doesn't make much sense for lesbians so, I guess the community in which this would be considered an anthem is even smaller than the gay community, as a whole.

Now that I know, it makes sense but, I'm still unsure what the big deal is, unless, of course, y'all think it's funny to suggest the Romney boys are gay. If that's the case, I don't get the joke.

Denigrating men by insinuating they're gay is, or should be offensive, to gays.

"Conservatives hate gays! That's fucking funny some song makes insinuates the Romney boys are gay!" I'd say, the people that find that funny are the ones with issues over gays.

Identity politics are getting so very old.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
for yoni and wc "we are family" is another gay anthem so if Paul Ryan comes out to talk about family values and that music is playing, it will also be funny as fuck.
Okay.

clambake
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
tell us about your exposure to the song a few more times.

CuckingFunt
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
My exposure to the song has been in a heterosexual context; first, when it was aired as a music video where women were singing about it raining men and, second, when that Spice Girl sand it for Bridget Jones Diary.

Spice Girls + "It's Raining Men" + Bridget Jones Diary =/= heterosexual context.

Yonivore
08-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Spice Girls + "It's Raining Men" + Bridget Jones Diary =/= heterosexual context.
Was Bridget Jones gay? Or, was there a scene in the movie where a gay man is faced with a variety of other gay men, from which to choose, and this song plays?

Again, aside from knowing the general premise of the movie, I'm not sure why I should know it's a "gay movie." Chick flick, sure. But, what makes it a gay movie?

Th'Pusher
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Was Bridget Jones gay? Or, was there a scene in the movie where a gay man is faced with a variety of other gay men, from which to choose, and this song plays?

Again, aside from knowing the general premise of the movie, I'm not sure why I should know it's a "gay movie." Chick flick, sure. But, what makes it a gay movie?

God bless you are fucking dense.

Clipper Nation
08-27-2012, 09:43 PM
tell us about your exposure to the song a few more times.

I think he should call up his buddies at the Mormon Church and get them to make a movie about what the writers of "It's Raining Men" REALLY want for America, tbh.....

Bartleby
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
3hw3TiwyBDs

Spurminator
08-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Well if any proof was still needed that Yonivore doesn't know any gay people...

ElNono
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM

But he had a tasty sandwich at Chick-fil-A...

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 02:51 AM
Pretty much.

Again, Boutons is a bigot.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Women are the ones that sang it.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Huh?

Sister Sledge... A gay anthem...

What alternate reality do you live in?

My god. You are a fucking moron. Am I suppose to not like a song because some gays like it? Maybe you are bigoted like that, but I'm not.

http://www.ohm1.com/SISTER-SLEDGE-TEST.jpg http://tweetmysong.com/Image/sistersledge.jpg

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 03:01 AM
It was performed by women when I knew it.
Yep.

They are a bit on the chubby side, but they have nice voices.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Weather_Girls_Raining_Men.jpg/220px-Weather_Girls_Raining_Men.jpg

Drachen
08-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Huh?

Sister Sledge... A gay anthem...

What alternate reality do you live in?

My god. You are a fucking moron. Am I suppose to not like a song because some gays like it? Maybe you are bigoted like that, but I'm not.

http://www.ohm1.com/SISTER-SLEDGE-TEST.jpg http://tweetmysong.com/Image/sistersledge.jpg

I didn't call you a fucking moron (in this thread), I may have thought that the two of you were ignorant, but that is true. I don't live in an alternate reality and I don't think you shouldn't like the song because it is a gay anthem. I don't care what you do or don't like or the reasons why, I only set out to inform you so that in the future you wouldnt look like such a fucking mo.... um so ignorant.

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 08:28 AM
How is that proof? Are you suggesting gays are a monolithic group with a rule book telling them what's gay and what's not? I guess stereotyping gays is okay for you...sounds a bit prejudicial to me.

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 08:29 AM
But he had a tasty sandwich at Chick-fil-A...
How's that boycott coming?

djohn2oo8
08-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Women are the ones that sang it.

Why would men like that song?

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Yep.

They are a bit on the chubby side, but they have nice voices.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Weather_Girls_Raining_Men.jpg/220px-Weather_Girls_Raining_Men.jpg

Hmm. A rainbow colored umbrella. I wonder if that has any significance......

djohn2oo8
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Hmm. A rainbow umbrella. I wonder if that has any significance......

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Only to people who stereotype...

Why are you so intent on defining gays as a group identified by anthems?

Winehole23
08-28-2012, 08:47 AM
^^^ Yonivore, doughty crusader of political correctness, goes grimly to work . . .

:lmao

Drachen
08-28-2012, 08:50 AM
^^^ Yonivore, doughty crusader of political correctness, goes grimly to work . . .

:lmao

Give him a break.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown of political correctness.

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Only to people who stereotype...

I know the rainbow has been appropriated by the gay community

:wakeup

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 08:54 AM
:wakeup
I didn't say I was unaware the rainbow was a symbol used by the gay community. I said, seeing two women in a picture holding a rainbow umbrella and singing about it "raining men" doesn't make me immediately think of gay people...only those who stereotype would see that zebra.

I don't think "gay people" every time I see a rainbow.

Winehole23
08-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Heavy is the head that wears the crown of political correctness.any heavier and his head might snap off. be a relief to him and us, probably . . .

TeyshaBlue
08-28-2012, 09:14 AM

Oh hell. My drinks are teh ghei!:depressed

Guess that's what I get for drinking girly drinks.:lol

Drachen
08-28-2012, 09:21 AM

HEY! Appletini's have been coopted by girls, but that doesn't make them girly drinks. I didn't even know that they were girly drinks. I mean, you guys remember that the one who created the Apple was a GUY right?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRELiGMb_bae-jPS3dx5kRNyP40digR0S5tnrK20ArOB2kAb7KiZBYEe1gV

stop being such bigots.

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 09:33 AM
I didn't say I was unaware the rainbow was a symbol used by the gay community. I said, seeing two women in a picture holding a rainbow umbrella and singing about it "raining men" doesn't make me immediately think of gay people...only those who stereotype would see that zebra.

:tu

Just busting your chops.

Enough about gay anthems. Let's take a moment to honor America with a patriotic musical tribute celebrating our nation's armed forces. The GOP should definitely use this during their convention.

InBXu-iY7cw

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 09:41 AM

No worries. Just tell the bartender you want the cherry impaled by the plastic sword instead of the umbrella and it's all good. Masculinity restored. :p:

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 09:51 AM
HEY! Appletini's have been coopted by girls, but that doesn't make them girly drinks. I didn't even know that they were girly drinks. I mean, you guys remember that the one who created the Apple was a GUY right?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRELiGMb_bae-jPS3dx5kRNyP40digR0S5tnrK20ArOB2kAb7KiZBYEe1gV

stop being such bigots.

An appletini is definitely a girlie drink. If Eve could have just sucked it up and had a light beer instead of insisting on a fruity cocktail we could all still be rockin it in the Garden of Eden.

TeyshaBlue
08-28-2012, 09:52 AM
No worries. Just tell the bartender you want the cherry impaled by the plastic sword instead of the umbrella and it's all good. Masculinity restored. :p:

Only if the shade of the sword doesn't clash with my eye shadow.

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Let's take a moment to honor America with a patriotic musical tribute celebrating our nation's armed forces. The GOP should definitely use this during their convention.

InBXu-iY7cw

Or, they could celebrate community service organizations!

CS9OO0S5w2k

TeyshaBlue
08-28-2012, 09:56 AM

CS9OO0S5w2k

:lol:lol

coyotes_geek
08-28-2012, 09:59 AM

CS9OO0S5w2k

:tu

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Well, liberals take their stereotypes and place it on conservatives. I guess we should be used to that.

CuckingFunt
08-28-2012, 10:30 AM

It's not stereotyping to say that a song/symbol that's been adopted by the queer community has been adopted by the queer community.

Furthermore, no one is saying that you should look at anything with a rainbow in its design and automatically assume an association with the queer community. Rather, people are saying that not knowing about the blatant/accepted/widely known adoption of "It's Raining Men" as a gay anthem is an indication of one being completely (and willfully) out of touch with the gays.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 10:31 AM
It's not stereotyping to say that a song/symbol that's been adopted by the queer community has been adopted by the queer community.

Furthermore, no one is saying that you should look at anything with a rainbow in its design and automatically assume an association with the queer community. Rather, people are saying that not knowing about the blatant/accepted/widely known adoption of "It's Raining Men" as a gay anthem is an indication of one being completely (and willfully) out of touch with the gays.
LOL...

So we don't associate with gays like you do. I don't go out of my way to understand them. Still, you are suggesting that a song not be used for prejudicial reasons.

clambake
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
LOL...

So we don't associate with gays like you do. I don't go out of my way to understand them. Still, you are suggesting that a song not be used for prejudicial reasons.

what do you mean "we"?

djohn2oo8
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
what do you mean "we"?

Retarded stalkers :lol

CuckingFunt
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
LOL...

It's not a matter of associating with the gays (the horror!!). Or going out of your way to understand the queer community (oh, the never ending horror!!). It's more a matter of not being willfully ignorant about certain cultural trends.

And I'm not suggesting that the song not be used. I'm not suggesting anything at all, really, because I don't think this "story" is worthy of much other than a giggle. But in general it's probably a good idea for people using pop culture artifacts in a public setting to make sure that they don't have any potentially embarrassing or contradictory cultural associations. See also: Regan's "Born in the USA" fuck up, or Ryan's recent Rage Against the Machine love.

Yonivore
08-28-2012, 10:52 AM
But, it is stereotyping to believe everyone, who hears or sees that symbol, should automatically recognize it as such.

I disagree. It only means I'm not immersed in the gay community and that I don't obsess on knowing what is or isn't considered gay when living my life. For instance, I'm still going to enjoy the song "It's Raining Men" because it's a catchy tune. Knowing it's considered a "gay anthem" isn't going to change that any more than knowing rainbows are a gay symbol causes me to immediately think of the gay community every time I see one -- even if its on an umbrella, in the picture of two women singing the gay anthem, "It's Raining Men."

Drachen
08-28-2012, 10:53 AM
It's not a matter of associating with the gays (the horror!!). Or going out of your way to understand the queer community (oh, the never ending horror!!). It's more a matter of not being willfully ignorant about certain cultural trends.

And I'm not suggesting that the song not be used. I'm not suggesting anything at all, really, because I don't think this "story" is worthy of much other than a giggle. But in general it's probably a good idea for people using pop culture artifacts in a public setting to make sure that they don't have any potentially embarrassing or contradictory cultural associations. See also: Regan's "Born in the USA" fuck up, or Ryan's recent Rage Against the Machine love.

This is pretty much spot on. It is a rare occasion that I click on a B_D thread, but the title seemed funny. I came in to read it to see if it was indeed funny. It was. That is all this story was worth. Thanks for making it so much more guys.

Drachen
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
But, it is stereotyping to believe everyone, who hears or sees that symbol, should automatically recognize it as such.

I disagree. It only means I'm not immersed in the gay community and that I don't obsess on knowing what is or isn't considered gay when living my life. For instance, I'm still going to enjoy the song "It's Raining Men" because it's a catchy tune. Knowing it's considered a "gay anthem" isn't going to change that any more than knowing rainbows are a gay symbol causes me to immediately think of the gay community every time I see one -- even if its on an umbrella, in the picture of two women singing the gay anthem, "It's Raining Men."

No one told you to stop enjoying it. Blast the shit outta that song. Turn it up to 11 (I for one think it is a shitty song, but I am younger than you.)

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM

That's the problem with too many people today. You can take a totally harness event and find fault in it.

Ignorance... Are yopu suggesting mandatory four year cultural classes? How long would it take for everyone not to be ignorant of others?

Embarrassment? Isn't it normally a reflection on the person who sees it, rather than the person who isn't aware of any potential implications?

Why do you want to make society even more complex. Wouldn't it be better to be a good liberal, and accept other people's culture, and not make fun of them?

Drachen
08-28-2012, 11:18 AM
That's the problem with too many people today. You can take a totally harness event and find fault in it.

Ignorance... Are yopu suggesting mandatory four year cultural classes? How long would it take for everyone not to be ignorant of others?

Embarrassment? Isn't it normally a reflection on the person who sees it, rather than the person who isn't aware of any potential implications?

Why do you want to make society even more complex. Wouldn't it be better to be a good liberal, and accept other people's culture, and not make fun of them?

Ignorance isn't a reason to get pissed, it is a reason to learn. Why are you so pissed about this (unless you are willfully ignorant so, then you should be ridiculed)?

I was an exchange student to germany and there were a lot of moments which I had over there that were embarrassing/funny which came from my ignorance of the cultrue/language. I didn't get pissed, I laughed then paid attention to the explanation.

As has been said before, this is just a funny thing. If you made me dig really deep for actual fault then I would say that I am surprised that NO ONE who works at fox news is aware of this, but that is all.

CuckingFunt
08-28-2012, 11:21 AM

How so? And stereotyping against whom?

I'm not sure what I'm meant to do with this information.

I'm even more confused why you think your decision to keep liking a catchy tune despite its ties to the gay community is a fact worthy of declaration.

I think most people in this thread are well aware of how harmless this event was.

No, I'm not. All I'm suggesting is that if/when you remain ignorant of certain cultural trends or associations, you open yourself up to doing something silly like using a widely known gay anthem to introduce the Romney boys.

It's not at all surprising to me you would think that.

That's an entire straw army.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
No, I'm not. All I'm suggesting is that if/when you remain ignorant of certain cultural trends or association, you open yourself up to doing something as silly as using a widely known gay anthem to introduce the Romney boys.

That was not silly for that reason at all.

I'm sorry. I don't understand. If you are not suggesting we take the time to understand everyone else cultural idiosyncrasies before doing something new, then what are you saying. My god... Seems to me this world would come to a standstill if everyone put things on pause to explore possibilities of misinterpretation.

mouse
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I wanted to respond to this topic on page three but I was wondering how to reply without coming off as ....

A: Another homophobic Gay Hater or B: A raging Homo / fag as you all call it.

But the truth is the song "it's raining men" is the "whoomp there it is" of Gay songs.

Anytime a Movie or Sitcom wants the audience to know what they are seeing is really Gay they make sure that song is in the background.

In fact show me any evidence you have of two straight men in a car at the stoplight with the song "it's raining men" blasting from they're car.

100s of cocks falling from the sky is not gay to you..... Fuck, how big is the closet you live in?

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
In fact show me any evidence you have of two straight women in a car at the stoplight with the song "it's raining men" blasting from they're car.

Why is in gay for women to like the song?

Drachen
08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
did you really just change what mouse said in your quote then try to play it off as if he said something completely different than he said THE POST BEFORE YOURS?

Thanks for the laughs.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
did you really just change what mouse said in your quote then try to play it off as if he said something completely different than he said THE POST BEFORE YOURS?

Thanks for the laughs.
LOL...

Couldn't resist.

It seems obvious that the song was played to catch the attention of women, for the five men. The song was originally a song for women. I find it laughable that anyone suggests that any usage of the song should only be viewed in a gay sense.

CuckingFunt
08-28-2012, 01:06 PM
LOL...

Couldn't resist.

It seems obvious that the song was played to catch the attention of women, for the five men. The song was originally a song for women. I find it laughable that anyone suggests that any usage of the song should only be viewed in a gay sense.

I think the song, like most songs, was originally for whoever would buy and play it.

Oh, Gee!!
08-28-2012, 01:06 PM
this thread is 'raining men' tbh.

jack sommerset
08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I think the song, like most songs, was originally for whoever would buy and play it.

That song was for women and gay men. God bless

mouse
08-28-2012, 01:23 PM

That is very true, its a great song and I am comfortable heterosexual to admit I like the song and may have sang it in the shower at one time.

But the truth is it got labeled as a the best Cock smoking tune of the millennium. And there is not much we can do about it until something gayer happens to comes along.

I feel your pain CuckingFunt but trust me it's out of our control.

You think the People that work at the SPAM meat factory now thanks to computers can get along with the CEO's of yahoomail and Hotmail?

I'm sure the man at Lipton tea can't go around telling his friends at the bar anymore about his cool job at Lipton Tea and that he is the number one teabagger at the plant like he could back in the 70s