PDA

View Full Version : two offensive coordinator + two quarterback system = greatness

Blake
08-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I can't think of a coach who has ever had this type of stature so afraid to cut the dead weight.

Mack Brown has gone full nuclear coddle mode, the likes of which have never been seen from even the biggest coddling coddlers to ever coddle.

DesignatedT
08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
two quarterbacks = no quarterback

shyne
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I think Mack just didn't want Ash to relax and think the job was his, regardless of what had been said I doubt case sees the field unless an injury occurs.

8FOR!3
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Case McCoy is awful, which leads me to believe if he's really competing with David Ash, they're both God awful.

And I know I've got A&M as my team, but I support just about all Texas football teams to some extent. I don't dislike UT one bit, I just don't think they've got a QB.

shyne
08-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Well see this year, it's not easy to start as a true freshman. Ash doesn't have to be great, just good enough. I think he's gonna be way better this year though.

Blake
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Well see this year, it's not easy to start as a true freshman. Ash doesn't have to be great, just good enough.

how many games do the Horns win if he is just good enough?

shyne
08-27-2012, 08:59 PM
how many games do the Horns win if he is just good enough?

I think they will lose to Oklahoma and West Virginia and that's it. Have the chance to pull the upset in either game though.

Blake
08-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I think they will lose to Oklahoma and West Virginia and that's it. Have the chance to pull the upset in either game though.

So just good enough really isn't enough.

Didn't think so.

ThePop
08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
I think we lose to Kansas State + a random upset. We beat OU and WV.

Of course, anything is possible.

Vito Corleone
08-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Texas isn't reliant on the QB like they were in 2008. No one knows how good or bad Ash is right now, no one knows how good or bad Case is. The reports I've seen say Ash has really pulled away but Mack says they are equal. We shall see, but from the reports I've seen on Case, he is playing really well for his ability, this means he never trys to throw downfield but is a pretty smart kid at finding the short open man.

The Reckoning
08-28-2012, 03:23 AM
Case McCoy is awful, which leads me to believe if he's really competing with David Ash, they're both God awful.

And I know I've got A&M as my team, but I support just about all Texas football teams to some extent. I don't dislike UT one bit, I just don't think they've got a QB.

:wow

brah you better logout and clear your cookies before the aggies find you

JoeTait75
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
We shall see, but from the reports I've seen on Case, he is playing really well for his ability, this means he never trys to throw downfield but is a pretty smart kid at finding the short open man.

Must run in the family.

leemajors
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Must run in the family.

:lol

DesignatedT
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I say Texas wins 9 games this year. I'd say they're more likely to get 8 then 10 though.

stretch
08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
From what I've heard, reporters are saying Ash >>>>> McCoy in camps and practices, and that Mack is basically just saying it to keep Ash motivated to work hard, as well as keeping McCoy's confidence up in case Ash has a meltdown like Gilbert did.

Hopefully that's true... the thing is, with the ridiculous trio of running backs, as well as Jaxon Shipley catching anything thrown his way, all they would need to be is a game manager.

ThePop
08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I say Texas wins 9 games this year. I'd say they're more likely to get 8 then 10 though.

It's certainly possible. I'd be okay with 9 wins + a bowl win.