PDA

View Full Version : Advice after accident......police officer complaint related.

CharlieMac
08-27-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.kens5.com/news/SUV-crashes-through-Rack-Room-Shoes-at-Quarry-Market-167481715.html

So yesterday in between fantasy drafts I went to buy my son some shoes for school with his mom. He's 3. We were at the Rack Room when an SUV came plowing through and ended up in the middle of the store. I was inside but wasn't affected. My son was a few aisles over with his mom and the SUV slammed some benches and shelving into them. It missed them by maybe 3 or 4 feet. True freak accident but they were really lucky. His mom had a neck sprain, finger sprain, bruising, a few small cuts and a mild concussion. My son just had glass from the window cut him a little.

EMS treated them and simply suggested a follow up.

The police officer in teh picture was awesome. Great guy and really helpful.

The other guy was the complete opposite.

I went to him as he sat in the vehicle and asked for the police report that he was filling out from inside the car. I asked him for a copy of teh police report and teh first and only thing he tells me is to go ask my son and his mom if they are certain they were hit by shelves and debris. Before I could even answer he cuts me off and says that he is going to go in and look at the video footage from inside the store and if he sees that I or she are lying that he was going to press charges against for filing a false police report. The police report he gave us was with the drivers information. I told him I was sure and was just in shock that he even had the nerve to ask that. Especially when a few seconds earlier I was flipping out inside the store because initially I couldnt even find my son. He was beneath some shoe boxes and debris. I'm going to assume he watched EMS checking him from teh AC of his car. I then just said thanks for the report and stuck my hand out to shake his and he simply turned away from me and started typing on his laptop.

This was a prick in rare form.

I do have his badge number but I don't even know where to begin to contact someone to complain. I'm realistic and know that one complaint will result in a laugh and a light slap on the wrist for him, but if others have complained hopefully he gets reprimanded in some way. There's no need to act like that after what happened a few moments earlier. I was actually still in shock at the time. We all were.

Advice?

I wanted advice on who I could complain to?

johnsmith
08-27-2012, 09:13 PM
There is not one part of that story (other than that everyone was fine) that doesn't fucking suck and make me mad.

I have no advice, but sorry that happened to you and your family, and I hope that fucking cop gets in a terrible car accident this week.

symple19
08-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Cops are generally evil, smug, pieces of shit. I'm surprised you found one who was helpful. Hopefully something will happen to the guy who was an ass

Glad your family is okay

Did a quick search and came up with this (http://policeabuse.com/) .

Also, since it had media coverage, you should consider contacting the press and telling them what happened. Nothing they love more than exposing worthless pigs, especially since it also involves your family

Creepn
08-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Cops are indeed smug bitches. I hate hate hate having a conversation with a cop especially when they are with their partners. They act so fucking stuck up. Firefighters are cool people though.

Glad you guys are alright though. Crazy shit wow.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Advice?

I wanted advice on who I could complain to?
You can file a complaint, but it may do no good. I don't think the police have policies anymore saying they cannot be rude assholes, because most seem to be these days.

FkLA
08-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Sorry to hijack your thread bro, but I also have an asshole cop story.

Two days ago I was pulled over for an alleged traffic violation on my way to work. The cop asked if he could search my car, I said no because I didnt want to be even later for work. The assholes response was 'Look we can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way and wait for the dogs to get here'. I ended up giving in because I knew I didnt have anything on me and didnt want to drag that shit out...but isnt it a violation against my rights for that little faggot to threaten me like that when there was no probable cause for him to feel the need to search my vehicle ?

mavs>spurs
08-28-2012, 05:36 AM
^hanging around drug addicts and losers all the time, this guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to cops and police reports

The Reckoning
08-28-2012, 07:44 AM
fuck the cops. you should be suing the shit outta that driver.

mrsmaalox
08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Damn that's a FAT cop!

boutons_deux
08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
skateboarding while black in Rodney King's LA

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/venice-skateboarder-says-police-called-him-a-dumb-ape-after-beating.html

tlongII
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Damn that's a FAT cop!

:lol That's what I was thinking! I thought they were required to stay in relatively good shape?

mrsmaalox
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
:lol That's what I was thinking! I thought they were required to stay in relatively good shape?

You'd think so, huh? He's in short pants, so doesn't that mean he's one of those 10 speed bike cops?

Bill_Brasky
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM

Take the number of officers with weapons in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of human failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a better training, nothing will change.

CubanSucks
08-28-2012, 07:24 PM
So yesterday in between fantasy drafts I went to buy my son some shoes for school with his mom. He's 3.

tl;dr

I stopped after this sentence. lol manchild

Lincoln
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread bro, but I also have an asshole cop story.

Two days ago I was pulled over for an alleged traffic violation on my way to work. The cop asked if he could search my car, I said no because I didnt want to be even later for work. The assholes response was 'Look we can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way and wait for the dogs to get here'. I ended up giving in because I knew I didnt have anything on me and didnt want to drag that shit out...but isnt it a violation against my rights for that little faggot to threaten me like that when there was no probable cause for him to feel the need to search my vehicle ?

They are legally allowed to manipulate and lie to you but yeah you could've just said you don't allow searches. They can't search you unless you're suspicious or there is probable cause. Shouldn't have caved tbh, should've asked if you were being detained and if you were free to go

The Reckoning
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
cubansucks in to spread his buttcheeks once again

CubanSucks
08-28-2012, 07:43 PM
cubansucks in to spread his buttcheeks once again

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SMGipXRgoik/TvbOks-H_lI/AAAAAAAAATE/OPjTqqTREv0/s1600/i_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364-193971-580.jpg

Latarian Milton
08-28-2012, 07:55 PM
sorry but you don't have nowhere to report him since you got no solid evidence of him behaving like a thug rather than a cop. there're cops who're kind and friendly but others, or the majority of them, are just gangstas in different clothing it looks to me.

doubt any of u lads here have ever been arrested by cops tbh. the fucks would've never got my ass but for me rushing into a tree by total accident tbh