PDA

View Full Version : Coach Pop Mailbag: 8/30/12

ace3g
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Michael
Question: Hi Pop, what do you think Patty Mills brings to the Spurs this season after seeing his Olympic performance?

GP: Well, I didn’t need to see his Olympic performance to know what he can bring, it’s just that he came to us so late last year it was really hard to incorporate him into what we were doing. But he’s an aggressive, fiery, offensive player. He can shoot the three and really score, and that’s what he looks to do when he comes in the game. So he’ll be a game-changer in that sense, at the offensive end. And defensively he’s kind of like a pest—he’s not very big but he’s really a game. He’s got great courage and he gets into people, trying to really bother them and get them off their game. So his competitiveness and offensive skills are what we’re looking forward to mostly.

Lucas Hong
Question: What kind of season do you see Kawhi Leonard having next season? Also, where do you see him in five years?

GP: I think he’s going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs I think. At both ends of the court, he is really a special player. And what makes me be so confident about him is that he wants it so badly. He wants to be a good player, I mean a great player. He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge. When you consider he’s only had one year of college and no training camp yet, you can see that he’s going to be something else.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/120830_pop_mailbag

DisAsTerBot
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
nice words on kawhi

DesignatedT
08-30-2012, 03:55 PM
What about any of Stephen Jackson’s?

Jack used to try to give me some of his tapes, but, first of all I couldn’t even understand what was going on, and some of them you could even dance to, but once I started hearing what they were saying and everything I just gave them back.

:lol

pookenstein
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
^:lol
was about to post that. Classic Pop.

Mr Fundamental
08-30-2012, 04:06 PM
''Tiago and DeJuan Blair I think are going to have very good seasons for us.''

So forget about Dejuan trade.

Brazil
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
:tu great comment on Leonard. This is exactly what I think too.

BigTex342006
08-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Kawhi gives Spurs fans alot of hope. His confidence will grow, and he will be looking to do more on the court...even demanding the ball in many situations. Hard to come in as a rookie and make your mark while tip toeing around guys that have been around here forever. I hope he realizes that he needs to be one of the main men.

14 playoff games and only 27 minutes pame: 9pts 6 rbs 5 asts .500 fg% .450 3pt%

...future looks bright

baseline bum
08-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow, good to see Pop's as excited about Kawhi as we are.

Seventyniner
08-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I thought Kawhi played two seasons at San Diego State.

And good correction by Pop; Kawhi is already a good player, and is definitely capable of making the leap.

Vic Petro
08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Love that he's reading books about Stalin and Putin. Soviet Studies :lol

therealtruth
08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Good things about Kawhi. Hopefully he can make the leap into the big 3 this season. That will save wear and tear on Ginobili and Duncan. It will also help to make us less Parker dependent. I wonder if his comments about Tiago and Dejuan imply Bonner is the 5th big. I have no problems with that since you know he's useless in the playoffs. However Tiago and Boris have to be higher in the depth chart. With Boris there's no need for Blair to start.

Maddog
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM

on the fiction side I’m trying to get through a book called Ulysses, but I’m not man enough for it. Too difficult to understand, too many big words, concepts that are way over my head, but I’ve always told myself I have to tackle this. I do about every three years try to read it. I’ve never had success yet.

Not sure this topic has ever come up in an interview with a NBA coach before.....

TE
08-30-2012, 09:29 PM
:lmao at that pop quote regarding SJAX.

I really do hope they try it out with Patty as an integral part of the rotation after seeing the abortion of the gary neal pg experiment.

siraulo23
08-31-2012, 01:11 AM
love the kawhi quotes :tu

and :lol jax

Fireball
08-31-2012, 02:09 AM
I wonder if his comments about Tiago and Dejuan imply Bonner is the 5th big. I have no problems with that since you know he's useless in the playoffs. However Tiago and Boris have to be higher in the depth chart. With Boris there's no need for Blair to start.

Pops comment only means he was pleased with Bonner last season and will continue to play him big minutes, instead Tiago and Dejuan have to improve :lol

dylankerouac
08-31-2012, 02:24 AM
I thought Kawhi played two seasons at San Diego State.

yeah, Kawhi did. I think that's at least the second time Pop has got that wrong.

Fireball
08-31-2012, 05:04 AM
yeah, Kawhi did. I think that's at least the second time Pop has got that wrong.

at least is an understatemement ... I think every time he is asked about Kawhi Pop says he only played one season in college

Bruno
08-31-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm surprised by what Pop said about Kawhi. That's some very strong words coming from a coach who is usually moderate when talking about his players.

Dejuan Blair could be a good surprise this year. He is in a contract year so his motivation is very high. All the weight he has lost this summer is a proof of it. Diaw being the starting PF will help him because Blair is more suited to be a backup and facing second units that will take less advantage of his shortcomings. I can very well see Blair beating Bonner for the backup PF slot.

Drom John
08-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Ulysses is alot easier if you read it out loud. Not easy, just easier.

racm
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm surprised by what Pop said about Kawhi. That's some very strong words coming from a coach who is usually moderate when talking about his players.

Dejuan Blair could be a good surprise this year. He is in a contract year so his motivation is very high. All the weight he has lost this summer is a proof of it. Diaw being the starting PF will help him because Blair is more suited to be a backup and facing second units that will take less advantage of his shortcomings. I can very well see Blair beating Bonner for the backup PF slot.

He knows Kawhi has the potential to be the next mid-first round All-Star

And as for Blair his rebounding and ability to finish on the roll will be more useful than Bonner's only elite skill (3 point shooting).

Maddog
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM

I found that interesting- normally Pop says something along the lines of- he's my favorite player etc.
Also (I know this is probably going be taken the wrong way) I've never thought Kawhi as being a star- a very good player- but not a star. More of a super complementary player.
I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Duncan2177
08-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Hopefully Blair worked on his defense. :rolleyes

Brazil
08-31-2012, 10:20 AM
:lol @thinking Bonner is going to loose PT whatsoever

Duncan2177
08-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Pop loves that red headed softie.

Brazil
08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Daniel Brooks
Question: What books are you reading in the offseason?
GP: I usually have a group of books that I read at the same time because I never sit long with one and I’ve got something to do and get back to it, but at this point I’m close to finishing a book about Stalin

Where are u scrah?

Bruno
08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Also (I know this is probably going be taken the wrong way) I've never thought Kawhi as being a star- a very good player- but not a star. More of a super complementary player.

I would have agreed with you on that few months ago but the most impressive with Kawhi is how he improves his game day after day. His ceiling seemed to be this "super complementary player" in the Shawn Marion mold but I would say it's higher now. What he lacked to have a star upside was the ability to create his own shot but he is light year better in that area than few month ago.

I don't know if you have watched some summer league games with Kawhi but they showed he has the upside of being a star. Spurs' SL team plan was just to put the ball in Kawhi hands and let him do everything. He responded very well to that challenge. You had to be very careful because it's only SL but Kawhi could potentially be much more than a Shawn Marion.

Bruno
08-31-2012, 11:11 AM

It's not like Bonner played a combined 3 minutes in the last 3 games of the season...

SpurPadre
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
When Pop compliments a player and calls him a special player, it's not a throwaway; it actually becomes a factual statement. So, I expect Kawhi to be an All-Star in the near future. With that being said, if he becomes the face of the franchise, we might be in big trouble. I mean, no knock on him but the only SF who is a face of a franchise and is also a title contender is Kevin Durant...and as high a ceiling as Leonard has, he just cannot reach Durant's immense ceiling. Oh well, we'll see what happens with the team as time goes on. More than anything, the most I take from Pop's quotes is that we're keeping Blair, the Patterson rumor was complete bullshit, and Blatche is not an option. I am surprised he didn't mention Bonner's "ability to stretch the floor" when describing the bigs, though. So, maybe he'll be reduced to cheerleading duty at least?

TDMVPDPOY
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
When Pop compliments a player and calls him a special player, it's not a throwaway; it actually becomes a factual statement. So, I expect Kawhi to be an All-Star in the near future. With that being said, if he becomes the face of the franchise, we might be in big trouble. I mean, no knock on him but the only SF who is a face of a franchise and is also a title contender is Kevin Durant...and as high a ceiling as Leonard has, he just cannot reach Durant's immense ceiling. Oh well, we'll see what happens with the team as time goes on. More than anything, the most I take from Pop's quotes is that we're keeping Blair, the Patterson rumor was complete bullshit, and Blatche is not an option. I am surprised he didn't mention Bonner's "ability to stretch the floor" when describing the bigs, though. So, maybe he'll be reduced to cheerleading duty at least?

if pippen can carry a 94/95 t eam, i dont see why KL cant who probably has more upside offensively...

SpurPadre
08-31-2012, 11:58 AM
if pippen can carry a 94/95 t eam, i dont see why KL cant who probably has more upside offensively...

That's true and that was during a Golden Era for Centers too, unlike today.

Vic Petro
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM

He may have more offensive upside but I don't think he has the same defensive upside. Kawhi is a nice defender but to think he'll reach Pippen-level is asking an awful lot.

BoricuaCJA
08-31-2012, 04:13 PM
He may have more offensive upside but I don't think he has the same defensive upside. Kawhi is a nice defender but to think he'll reach Pippen-level is asking an awful lot.
THIS! Do you guys forget how much of a beast Pippen was defensively?

Maddog
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
I would have agreed with you on that few months ago but the most impressive with Kawhi is how he improves his game day after day. His ceiling seemed to be this "super complementary player" in the Shawn Marion mold but I would say it's higher now. What he lacked to have a star upside was the ability to create his own shot but he is light year better in that area than few month ago.

I don't know if you have watched some summer league games with Kawhi but they showed he has the upside of being a star. Spurs' SL team plan was just to put the ball in Kawhi hands and let him do everything. He responded very well to that challenge. You had to be very careful because it's only SL but Kawhi could potentially be much more than a Shawn Marion.

I hope he is- I did watch a few games- just the fact that the Spurs brought him in to be the offensive focal point- tells me they think he get to the point where he creates his own shot (and they know a lot more about basketball and KL than I). I'm still in the "super complementary player" ceiling thinking, but I agree summer league albeit summer league, has gotten me to think his ceiling may be a lot higher...

Eddy from Austin
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5024/popzep.jpg

TD 21
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM

Yeah, that was surprising. And as good as I think Leonard can be, I see that as more an indictment of the future than a true indication of Leonard's potential. As good as he is and can be, at this point people are getting carried away. "Could potentially be much more than a Marion", is akin to saying he could be a future Hall-of-Famer. I still think Marion/Wallace are the best comparisons, but a better one may end up becoming Iguodala, because he can actually handle and pass, in addition to doing everything else.

Blair has no shot at beating out Bonner unless he's developed at least a semi-reliable mid range jumper. Until/unless he does that, Splitter is moreso his competition than Bonner is, because they play the same role on offense. For obvious reasons, he's not beating out Splitter, either.

And I'm not convinced that this means they're not trading Blair and won't sign Blatche. If they're ignorant enough to do that though, then they don't deserve to win the championship (not that they would anyway, but you get the idea).

DMC
08-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I had my question answered on the Mailbag once. It was cool.

weebo
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM

I agree with this as I'm sure many of you do as well. DB never had any business being our starting center for the past two years. I think the change to the bench will help him contribute more on the floor.

therealtruth
08-31-2012, 07:08 PM

You make it sound like having a ceiling of Shawn Marion could be bad. With the Suns the he used to be 19 and 10 guy and perennial all-star. That's not that bad.

therealtruth
08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
THIS! Do you guys forget how much of a beast Pippen was defensively?

I agree it's easy to forget how destructive Pippen was on defense. He was a one man wrecking crew. He could guard 1-4. It was those long arms. If Kawhi uses his length the same way he can be really good. We've seen him get steals/deflections that most people wouldn't be able to get because of his length.

The one part of Pop's answer that bugged me was about the defense. Nobody is asking him to bring the defense back to 2005 levels. Instead of saying that just be determined to improve the defensive commitment. He might be surprised by the results. We're just asking for more consistency and a better approach than hoping shots don't go in. There's no reason we couldn't have played better defense against the Thunder. The Heat did in the Finals and they won. FG% defense as opposed to 3pt% defense is very much controllable. I hope he doesn't look at the Thunder series and think our scoring was the problem.

CaptainLate
08-31-2012, 08:42 PM

Just lost all respect for Pop after finding out he supports Barry Sotero (a.k.a. Barack Obama, the current puppet masquerading as POTUS in the District of Corruption). Pop must be a double agent. :ihit

Clint Eastwood and Disrespect
by Nelson Hultberg

The political left in America is outraged at Clint Eastwood's recent presentation at the GOP convention. The shock and disbelief of Rachel Maddow at MSNBC and the Blitzer gang at CNN is heavy with condemnation of this inimitable American icon.

The establishment media response has basically come down as follows: "Weirdest thing I've ever seen." "What was he thinking?" "Have the Republicans gone daft?" "The Democrats must have sent Clint to the GOP so as to sabotage their convention." "This was inexcusably disrespectful."

Yes, indeed, it was disrespectful. But what kind of humans allow themselves to be enslaved by a Marxist mandarin and his bureaucratic henchmen with a smile on their face and kind words about their enslavers? Craven humans, that's who! Obedient victims who, as Ayn Rand told us, "sanction their enslavement." And unfortunately that is what the American people have become, obedient sanctioners who are willing to give up their freedom with a smile on their face and kind words for the usurpers in Washington who are so zealously destroying the freedom and sanity of our lives.

Did Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry play nice-nice with King George? Did they remain respectful to the tyrants who were ruining their lives? They most certainly did not. They declared the English tyrant to be a corrupt and criminal despot. They rallied their countrymen to spring up in rebellion. They stood up for their fundamental rights, as all courageous men and women do when faced with despotic bullies. They did what the valiant Chinese student did in Tiananmen Square when he stood in front of those monstrous approaching tanks.

If Jefferson, Adams, and Henry were alive today, they would have been cheering Clint on with vigorous enthusiasm. But what do we see from today's mealy-mouth media? We see a rush to defend the tyrant mandarins in Washington and smear the rebel Eastwood. We see squawking and crying and yelps of protest. But what we really see is what lurks in the subconscious of the establishment media - fear that their Emperor is as buck naked as Dirty Harry portrayed him. This is why the vacuities at CNN and MSNBC are so outraged. Eastwood pierced deeply. He showed Mr. Obama and the empty suit Biden up for precisely what they are.

This is what disrespect is, and why it is so important when a people are confronting tyrants. Those who obey their masters and play nice-nice with tyrannical regimes live miserable lives as doormats. Those recalcitrant rebels who boldly proclaim their disrespect for the despots of history have a chance to live in freedom. They might still get squashed; the tanks might still roll over them. But they at least know that they stood up for freedom and honor in their time. They know that they did the right thing, the manly thing, not the craven, accommodative thing. When bullies are breaking the cardinal laws of life and exploiting their fellow man (which is what the statists in Washington have been doing for over 80 years now), then there is only one course of action for honorable men - disrespect - courageous, colorful disrespect.

This is what Clint Eastwood did on August 30, 2012 in Tampa. He did the honorable thing - the manly thing. He heaped contempt on the statist mandarins in Washington. He did not lay down and play nice-nice with them. He did not try to compromise with them. He did not pacify them so as to be popular. He excoriated them with his words and his attitude.

In his advice to America's young men, the twentieth century poet E. Merrill Root wrote, "I would ask you again to dream and dare, and thus to ride again the stallion of manhood whose back is known only by those who with a brave heart grasp the mane of life and ride bareback and shouting even in God's thunderstorm."

Reality demands this from man, but the collectivists are at war with it. Thus their feminizing of our men today. This is not by accident. The collectivists want a neutered man; it makes their drive for world domination all the easier. What is horrifying is that large numbers of obedient men now welcome this travesty. To be forceful, unflinching, and self-reliant in face of life's vicissitudes no longer appeals. Modern psychology tells us that the virile Clark Gable / Clint Eastwood persona is unhealthy for society. Dustin Hoffman is to be preferred. Softness is correct; toughness is detrimental. But this is decadence masquerading as progress.

The crucible of life demands that men strive to fulfill their natures, that they stand heroically in face of adversity, that they defend the female and family with gallantry in face of the subtleties of evil. The real man welcomes this and refuses to apologize for his toughness and masculinity, his stoic steel will. For him egalitarianism and collectivism are living death. Early in life he knows instinctively that he hates the amoeba-like image of man with which Marxian-Freudian collectivism is trying to poison his soul. He loathes what the professors in college teach him. The real man senses early on that, in the words of General MacArthur, "there is a constant conspiracy against the brave" in this world. The herd mentalities of humanity wish to neuter manliness, for it stands in their way of collectivizing the world. Thus it must be purged from our lessons to the young. The real man resolves to fight this. He chooses to be in life what in essence he must be - a warrior for truth, a rock of granite, a seeker, a builder, a hero.

Clint Eastwood has exemplified such traits all his life. The weasels dislike him, and the naked emperors try to smear him with sociobabble. But there is a strain of man out there that knows his kind are the Atlases who hold up the world, that America was exceptional because she unleashed such men to climb as tall as they could dream. What we need so desperately today is for these kind of men to rise up and show massive disrespect toward the despots of Washington. Hoorah for Clint Eastwood.

spurs10
08-31-2012, 10:30 PM
^
I'm thinking Pop is really going to lose a lot of sleep if he finds out you've lost all your respect for him. I think you should boycott all Spurs related forums and really show him how you feel. Nelson Hultberg's diatribe about 'manliness' is kind of like Mitt Romney talking about Goth-rock.
Anywho, about the interview. It doesn't sound like any new bigs are coming anytime soon. It will be interesting to see how Blair and Bonner pt works out. Diaw, Kawhi, and Green will probably all be much improved with training camp and last year's experience behind them.

CaptainLate
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
^
I'm thinking Pop is really going to lose a lot of sleep if he finds out you've lost all your respect for him. I think you should boycott all Spurs related forums and really show him how you feel. Nelson Hultberg's diatribe about 'manliness' is kind of like Mitt Romney talking about Goth-rock.

Hey, I'd love to have an opportunity to educate Pop so he will lose sleep. But it sounds like you're an O'Bummer lover, too. Fyi, Romney sucks as well. They're both NWO puppets. Even the queer-enabler, Ron Paul, although he would have been a better choice, is still a lesser evil. Viva Cristo Rey!!! :ihit

spurs10
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey, I'd love to have an opportunity to educate Pop so he will lose sleep. But it sounds like you're an O'Bummer lover, too. Fyi, Romney sucks as well. They're both NWO puppets. Even the queer-enabler, Ron Paul, although he would have been a better choice, is still a lesser evil. Viva Cristo Rey!!! :ihit
Go Spurs!!
:flag:

Fabbs
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
"He comes early, he stays late, and he’s coachable, he’s just like a sponge."

Hey SpongePop Square Pants, seeing as how you've been worked the last 5 years playoffs maybe you should give that "come early, stay late" a try. :lol

Duncan2177
09-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Just lost all respect for Pop after finding out he supports Barry Sotero (a.k.a. Barack Obama, the current puppet masquerading as POTUS in the District of Corruption). Pop must be a double agent. :ihit

Clint Eastwood and Disrespect
by Nelson Hultberg

The political left in America is outraged at Clint Eastwood's recent presentation at the GOP convention. The shock and disbelief of Rachel Maddow at MSNBC and the Blitzer gang at CNN is heavy with condemnation of this inimitable American icon.

The establishment media response has basically come down as follows: "Weirdest thing I've ever seen." "What was he thinking?" "Have the Republicans gone daft?" "The Democrats must have sent Clint to the GOP so as to sabotage their convention." "This was inexcusably disrespectful."

Yes, indeed, it was disrespectful. But what kind of humans allow themselves to be enslaved by a Marxist mandarin and his bureaucratic henchmen with a smile on their face and kind words about their enslavers? Craven humans, that's who! Obedient victims who, as Ayn Rand told us, "sanction their enslavement." And unfortunately that is what the American people have become, obedient sanctioners who are willing to give up their freedom with a smile on their face and kind words for the usurpers in Washington who are so zealously destroying the freedom and sanity of our lives.

Did Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry play nice-nice with King George? Did they remain respectful to the tyrants who were ruining their lives? They most certainly did not. They declared the English tyrant to be a corrupt and criminal despot. They rallied their countrymen to spring up in rebellion. They stood up for their fundamental rights, as all courageous men and women do when faced with despotic bullies. They did what the valiant Chinese student did in Tiananmen Square when he stood in front of those monstrous approaching tanks.

If Jefferson, Adams, and Henry were alive today, they would have been cheering Clint on with vigorous enthusiasm. But what do we see from today's mealy-mouth media? We see a rush to defend the tyrant mandarins in Washington and smear the rebel Eastwood. We see squawking and crying and yelps of protest. But what we really see is what lurks in the subconscious of the establishment media - fear that their Emperor is as buck naked as Dirty Harry portrayed him. This is why the vacuities at CNN and MSNBC are so outraged. Eastwood pierced deeply. He showed Mr. Obama and the empty suit Biden up for precisely what they are.

This is what disrespect is, and why it is so important when a people are confronting tyrants. Those who obey their masters and play nice-nice with tyrannical regimes live miserable lives as doormats. Those recalcitrant rebels who boldly proclaim their disrespect for the despots of history have a chance to live in freedom. They might still get squashed; the tanks might still roll over them. But they at least know that they stood up for freedom and honor in their time. They know that they did the right thing, the manly thing, not the craven, accommodative thing. When bullies are breaking the cardinal laws of life and exploiting their fellow man (which is what the statists in Washington have been doing for over 80 years now), then there is only one course of action for honorable men - disrespect - courageous, colorful disrespect.

This is what Clint Eastwood did on August 30, 2012 in Tampa. He did the honorable thing - the manly thing. He heaped contempt on the statist mandarins in Washington. He did not lay down and play nice-nice with them. He did not try to compromise with them. He did not pacify them so as to be popular. He excoriated them with his words and his attitude.

In his advice to America's young men, the twentieth century poet E. Merrill Root wrote, "I would ask you again to dream and dare, and thus to ride again the stallion of manhood whose back is known only by those who with a brave heart grasp the mane of life and ride bareback and shouting even in God's thunderstorm."

Reality demands this from man, but the collectivists are at war with it. Thus their feminizing of our men today. This is not by accident. The collectivists want a neutered man; it makes their drive for world domination all the easier. What is horrifying is that large numbers of obedient men now welcome this travesty. To be forceful, unflinching, and self-reliant in face of life's vicissitudes no longer appeals. Modern psychology tells us that the virile Clark Gable / Clint Eastwood persona is unhealthy for society. Dustin Hoffman is to be preferred. Softness is correct; toughness is detrimental. But this is decadence masquerading as progress.

The crucible of life demands that men strive to fulfill their natures, that they stand heroically in face of adversity, that they defend the female and family with gallantry in face of the subtleties of evil. The real man welcomes this and refuses to apologize for his toughness and masculinity, his stoic steel will. For him egalitarianism and collectivism are living death. Early in life he knows instinctively that he hates the amoeba-like image of man with which Marxian-Freudian collectivism is trying to poison his soul. He loathes what the professors in college teach him. The real man senses early on that, in the words of General MacArthur, "there is a constant conspiracy against the brave" in this world. The herd mentalities of humanity wish to neuter manliness, for it stands in their way of collectivizing the world. Thus it must be purged from our lessons to the young. The real man resolves to fight this. He chooses to be in life what in essence he must be - a warrior for truth, a rock of granite, a seeker, a builder, a hero.

Clint Eastwood has exemplified such traits all his life. The weasels dislike him, and the naked emperors try to smear him with sociobabble. But there is a strain of man out there that knows his kind are the Atlases who hold up the world, that America was exceptional because she unleashed such men to climb as tall as they could dream. What we need so desperately today is for these kind of men to rise up and show massive disrespect toward the despots of Washington. Hoorah for Clint Eastwood.

http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/memes/128259.jpg

picnroll
09-01-2012, 05:04 PM
So, I expect Kawhi to be an All-Star in the near future. With that being said, if he becomes the face of the franchise, we might be in big trouble. I mean, no knock on him but the only SF who is a face of a franchise and is also a title contender is Kevin Durant...and as high a ceiling as Leonard has, he just cannot reach Durant's immense ceiling. Oh well, we'll see what happens with the team as time goes on.

I can easily foresee Leonard operating more as a SG on offense than as a SF. He showed dramatic strides in SL in operating as a 2, ball handling and initiating from the top, particularly given he was never called on to do that in college. God knows there are a ton of franchise SG. On defense he could easily be elite covering the 2, 3 and many 4s.