PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so who would you like to trade for?

davi78239
06-25-2005, 10:31 AM
All this talk in the paper about perhaps trading Rasho and Beno. Who would be good to get? Do you think the Spurs will make a move Tuesday in the draft that would envolve some type of a trade?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Tony Parker

ChumpDumper
06-25-2005, 10:40 AM
If Rasho is going -- Rasho for Battier or Rasho for Newble and a pick if you want a salary dump.

I think Monroe is being a little silly about Beno -- a rookie Euro point guard struggled in the NBA Finals against the likes of Billups and Lindsey Hunter? Who'd a thunk it?

2centsworth
06-25-2005, 10:44 AM
If Rasho is going -- Rasho for Battier or Rasho for Newble and a pick if you want a salary dump.

I think Monroe is being a little silly about Beno -- a rookie Euro point guard struggled in the NBA Finals against the likes of Billups and Lindsey Hunter? Who'd a thunk it?

I'll continue to say this about Beno. He is too slow to be a point guard. Beno is at his best when he opens the floor with his jump shooting. He needs to turn into Steve Kerr or he'll be out of the league soon. At this point he'll never be more than John Crottie at the point.

Not bagging on Beno, but just calling it as I see it. Also, I'm convinced Brent should play Point.

my2sons
06-25-2005, 11:25 AM
beno has a better point guard iq than tony...no i am not saying he's better than tony..but tony is a shoot first point guar, beno has better court vision and a better potential to pick and roll with because of his outside shot....there are a couple of great slow footed point guards that made a nice living in the nba...remembering that this kid is a solid backup with no dilusional thoughts of making him a superstar make him a key part of the spurs for a long time to come. i think he needs to stay....

SequSpur
06-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Allen Iverson.

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I would like to see Tony outof here as soon as possible. He's not the type of guard we need and he will beon his prime when Duncan and Ginobili will be having their last days on the league, I don't want to wail til there. We could trade him for another PG with court vision and better outside shootin'

2centsworth
06-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I would like to see Tony outof here as soon as possible. He's not the type of guard we need and he will beon his prime when Duncan and Ginobili will be having their last days on the league, I don't want to wail til there. We could trade him for another PG with court vision and better outside shootin'
just ignore Tony's ability to score which was needed plenty of times in the playoffs. Also his ability to break the press means nothing, just ask Beno.

CyberSnake
06-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Allen Iverson.

Sequ for once I agree with you, i've said this to friends of mine for last 2 yrs "trade anybody except Tim and Manu for AI"

Mr Dio
06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
AI???
Isn't he Kobe-like?
40pts on 16 of 55 from the floor. Just what the Spurs need, take shots away from Manu & Tim. :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2005, 12:06 PM
actually if you use his olympic performance as a gauge of what he can be without having to be the first (and only) option, he's a very good player.

noone can take that away from him. He's growing as a player and he's learning he can't do it all alone.

We don't have room for AI, but if we got him in like 6 years as a backup point guard, well he'd blow most backup pg's out of the fucking water because he DOES have a good jump shot.

NallhOnesTy
06-25-2005, 12:23 PM
just ignore Tony's ability to score which was needed plenty of times in the playoffs. Also his ability to break the press means nothing, just ask Beno.

i totally agree everytime i saw beno out there i knew we would get about 10 points in the next 3 mins cause he turns the ball over half the time up the court

CyberSnake
06-25-2005, 12:24 PM
AI???
Isn't he Kobe-like?
40pts on 16 of 55 from the floor. Just what the Spurs need, take shots away from Manu & Tim. :rolleyes

Thats the immature AI, now is the perfect time to get AI he still has the tools but without the selfishness and is willing to do anything to win. Look at the stats of the series with Detroit:
Apr 29 vs. Pistons PLF 115-104 W 48 15-26 2-4 5-6 0 3 3 15 2 0 3 2 37
Apr 26 at Pistons PLF 84-99 L 42 7-24 1-5 4-5 0 1 1 10 3 0 4 3 19
Apr 23 at Pistons PLF 85-106 L 47 9-22 4-8 8-8 0 1 1 10 4 1 7 2 30

He's willing to pass but if none of the others can score he's gonna give it all he has to win.
An AI, MANU backcourt doesnt' sound to bad to me, 2 players with HUGE hearts and aren't afraid of the contact in the paint and TD right there.

TheAfricanFan
06-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Agreed

td4mvp21
06-25-2005, 12:57 PM
AI? He can't play well with two other stars on the same team, he can barely play well with a declining star with a crappy knee. This isn't a trade idea, but I was reading on insidehoops.com that because of the new collective bargaining agreement, the Heat can only sign one of these two players: Damon Jones or Udonis Haslem. If they go after Jones, wouldn't Udonis Haslem be good? He might be too much money, I'm not sure, but he has a good jumper, good hands, and can rebound and do dirty work. He was a nice compliment to Shaq, would he be the same for Duncan?

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Wow I'm surprised at how many stupid people we have in these forums...

AI? Are you kidding me?
We'll first of all it'll never happen...he's a ball hugger...the best.His assists improved but he's still the hugger everyone loves. He'll never be in San Antonio.

AI is the kind of person that can break a team's chemistry.. if you think he's one of the best pointguards in a league you're wrong.. Tony has 2 championships...aslong as we continue to have those.. I'll never want Tony Parker out of the Team.

Never heard anyone say Tony is a shoot first pointguard..

That's stupid, if you're with the Spurs you'll never have that..especially with 2 guys named Tim and Manu on your team, besides his shooting...

Beno is not better than Tony... that's just a fucking stupid remark.

Beno shouldn't be traded, because I think he has the potential to shock people in the future..

Brent Barry should never be point... he would commit alot of turnovers, and he's not as good handling the ball as tony in pressure...

We just won a championship, critical moves shouldn't be in our vocabulary.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:09 PM
I've been trumpeting the trade Rasho idea for over a month now, but I think if Pop's expecting to see Miami in the Finals next year we'll be keeping Rasho.

LugNutz
06-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Fuck A. I. I don't want to see that bitch in a Spurs uniform. It is me, myself, and iverson. No way. Gangsta hoopa. True he can break a teams chemistry. Just like I am glad we did not get Malone, he falls in the same list of No, No's for the Spurs, No but hell no. That just might apply for jason kidd as well.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Parker+rasho to memphis for posey, battier

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Parker+rasho to memphis for posey, battier

Stop the Stupid remarks of trading Parker... that's just fucking stupid

Posey for Parker?

I would never trade Parker for 4 starters of any other team.

Get off that bandwagon!!

Leetonidas
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I feel sorry for AI. His whole team is worthless and he is the only one that tries. Sure, he's a ball hog, but only because he's the only reason the 76ers can win. Iverson is an amazing player, one of the best ever.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:24 PM
rasho for battier wouldnt be a bad idea. but that would be contingent on extending nazr and also that scola is worth a damn.

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Nocioni. He can back Bruce up at the SF position, gives 100% effort, plays with heart, tough guy, cheap.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I feel sorry for AI. His whole team is worthless and he is the only one that tries. Sure, he's a ball hog, but only because he's the only reason the 76ers can win. Iverson is an amazing player, one of the best ever.

He'll never be one of the best players just because he has scoring titles...

I've always kept my eye on the sixers team...

The team wins whenever Iverson doesn't play. The team is not worthiless, they have an amazing three point threat... a very good center, Webber, and their good rookie...

I hope he never becomes one of the best ever..

There are some Spurs fans that sure look like they never watch the nba, instead they listen to the Media to see where the good players are..

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Bullshit.

Andre Iguodala tries really hard, as well as Korver, and Dalembert.

They just have no chemistry, and no offense.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow I'm surprised at how many stupid people we have in these forums...

AI? Are you kidding me?
We'll first of all it'll never happen...he's a ball hugger...the best.His assists improved but he's still the hugger everyone loves. He'll never be in San Antonio.

AI is the kind of person that can break a team's chemistry.. if you think he's one of the best pointguards in a league you're wrong.. Tony has 2 championships...aslong as we continue to have those.. I'll never want Tony Parker out of the Team.

Never heard anyone say Tony is a shoot first pointguard..

First of all, let me reiterate, NOONE IS TRADING PARKER! GET OVER IT! But if you're trying to imply that Parker is better than AI, you are OUT OF YOUR MIND! The only reason either Tony or Manu have those championships is because they happen to be with TIM DUNCAN!! Tony wouldn't win a championship on a team like AI's if he's life depended on it! AI is WAAAAY better than TP. Plus, TP IS a shoot-first pointguard, I thought that was obvious by now, 'cause he certainly is not a pure pointguard.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Sending Rasho out for Battier was one of my initial suggestions on any potential Rasho trade a couple of weeks back.

But the more I think about it, there's a high probability should we return to the Finals next year we'll be matched up with Shaq. In that case I'd like to have Rasho around.

A much more plausible plan is to keep Rasho around for another two years or so (remainder of Shaq's good years, also the length of time I figure Bowen can keep up his play at this level at), then turn and send out Rasho for a SF.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:36 PM
First of all, let me reiterate, NOONE IS TRADING PARKER! GET OVER IT! But if you're trying to imply that Parker is better than AI, you are OUT OF YOUR MIND! The only reason either Tony or Manu have those championships is because they happen to be with TIM DUNCAN!! Tony wouldn't win a championship on a team like AI's if he's life depended on it! AI is WAAAAY better than TP. Plus, TP IS a shoot-first pointguard, I thought that was obvious by now, 'cause he certainly is not a pure pointguard.

I'm not saying parker is being traded, don't be stupid.... I'm telling the bandwagon fans that they should get over that idea.

Parker is a better PG because he's a better teamate than AI... last time I checked... Tim didn't do good with AI on his team, however... Tony as a rookie got a championship. Tim Duncan would never have those championships without Tony Parker....sounds sad but true. Tony would sure get a better record than AI, that's for sure..can't say the same about the stats. AI is not way better than TP....and Tony is not a shoot first pointguard, where did you get that idea? Last time I checked Tony avereged how much, compared to AI?

If you claim AI is a pure pointguard.....

You're making me laugh.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm not saying parker is being traded, don't be stupid.... I'm telling the bandwagon fans that they should get over that idea.

Parker is a better PG because he's a better teamate than AI... last time I checked... Tim didn't do good with AI on his team, however... Tony as a rookie got a championship. Tim Duncan would never have those championships without Tony Parker....sounds sad but true. Tony would sure get a better record than AI, that's for sure..can't say the same about the stats. AI is not way better than TP....and Tony is not a shoot first pointguard, where did you get that idea? Last time I checked Tony avereged how much, compared to AI?

If you claim AI is a pure pointguard.....

You're making me laugh. When the fuck did I say AI was a pure pointguard???? are you mental??? and Tim would NEVER have won a those championships without TP?? I'm sorry, but as I recall Tim had a championship before TP got here, and he could certainly have done it again. My point is TP would never be able to do what AI does for the 76s, if you're too in love with TP to know that, then there's not point in continuing this discussion.

and please tell me, oh wise (ass) one, if Tony isn't a shoot first pointguard, what kind of point guard is he?

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:50 PM
i would like to trade a lot of you so-called spurs fans for some real fans who dont want to fuck up the team by trading half of it.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:55 PM
When the fuck did I say AI was a pure pointguard???? are you mental??? and Tim would NEVER have won a those championships without TP?? I'm sorry, but as I recall Tim had a championship before TP got here, and he could certainly have done it again. My point is TP would never be able to do what AI does for the 76s, if you're too in love with TP to know that, then there's not point in continuing this discussion.

and please tell me, oh wise (ass) one, if Tony isn't a shoot first pointguard, what kind of point guard is he?

You state AI is better than Tony, who has 2 championships... if that's not a true pointguard I don't know what is...

I'm not Mental.

Tim won a championship with Avery Johnson... someone the Spurs are considering of retiring, and David Robinson was in his prime...not to mention Elliot, etc.
What as AI done for the 76ers? I'm not in love with TP, I just think that since we just won a championship, none of this TP hate shit should be posted...

Tony is a pass-first pointguard believe it or not....but Pop knows what Tony can do, thus why he penetrates and gets his average PG stats..

The problem with Tony is, he tries to overdo the passing, and that gives him turnovers...that's why he constantly changes his gamestyle of play.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 02:00 PM
You state AI is better than Tony, who has 2 championships... if that's not a true pointguard I don't know what is...

I'm not Mental.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif WHAT?

hey Sense, do you practice being this dumb, or does it come naturally???

Sense
06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif WHAT?

hey Sense, do you practice being this dumb, or does it come naturally???

That's the answer I was expecting..

That's when you know the convo is over..

Thanks.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Look I like TP on our team, I think he plays his role fine! But I don't think we should exagerate, TP isn't better than AI, not by a long shot. Him being better than Nash is debatable, although I don't think so. I'm not the one saying "trade him".

Sense
06-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Look I like TP on our team, I think he plays his role fine! But I don't think we should exagerate, TP isn't better than AI, not by a long shot. Him being better than Nash is debatable, although I don't think so. I'm not the one saying "trade him".

I understand you never stated to trade him, but as a fan you gotta understand you are talking about a Spurs PG who just won 2 rings..

MaNuMaNiAc
That's the answer I was expecting..

That's when you know the convo is over..

Thanks.
well what answer do you expect when you write such absolute nonsense?? Live up to your name, MAKE SOME FREAKING SENSE FOR A CHANGE!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
I understand you never stated to trade him, but as a fan you gotta understand you are talking about a Spurs PG who just won 2 rings..
Its called being an OBJECTIVE fan, thank you very much

Sense
06-25-2005, 02:04 PM
well what answer do you expect when you write such absolute nonsense?? Live up to your name, MAKE SOME FREAKING SENSE FOR A CHANGE!!!

Another great answer by the guy who makes sense.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Another great answer by the guy who makes sense.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif I give up! nice talking to ya Sense...

Sense
06-25-2005, 02:05 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif I give up! nice talking to ya Sense...

Same my friend. :spin

silverandblackattack
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Spurs don't need to make any trades, they need to bring in some unrestricted free agents like Jerome James, an (improved) Antonio Daniels, and wouldn't it be nice to have Ray Allen? Yeah, I know Ray Allen is a long shot, but Jerome James isn't and he's much better than Nazr Mohammed and Rasho Nesterovic, he earned my respect when we played the Sonics in the Second round of the playoffs (even though he talked a little trash).

silverandblackattack
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM

I'm not Mental.

Tim won a championship with Avery Johnson... someone the Spurs are considering of retiring, and David Robinson was in his prime...not to mention Elliot, etc.
What as AI done for the 76ers? I'm not in love with TP, I just think that since we just won a championship, none of this TP hate shit should be posted...

Tony is a pass-first pointguard believe it or not....but Pop knows what Tony can do, thus why he penetrates and gets his average PG stats..

The problem with Tony is, he tries to overdo the passing, and that gives him turnovers...that's why he constantly changes his gamestyle of play.
Yeah, I agree. We don't need the best frickin point guard in the league when we have players like Duncan, Ginobili, Horry, and Bowen to back Tony up. This team is about DEFENSE, not offense; and if anything, AI wouldn't make the cut because his defensive skills suck!!!

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Sending Rasho out for Battier was one of my initial suggestions on any potential Rasho trade a couple of weeks back.

This trade doesn't work under the CBA and Memphis doesn't have anybody to add to make it work.

Also, Memphis would hate this trade. If they ever wanted to get rid of Battier, clearly one of their leadership, community, and fan guys, for which they would be stupid, they could get a lot more than Nesterovic, who hasn't shown much in years other than just being decent.