PDA

View Full Version : Rondo is expecting Boston to come out da East this year

LkrFan
08-31-2012, 11:47 PM
There are two franchises where an NBA championship is just expected by a fan base — the Lakers and Celtics. They are not going to win it every year (although combined they have won half of the NBA’s championships) but fans and the front offices expect to be in the mix every year.

“I think because we have a talented group of guys… the additions of Courtney Lee, [Jason] Terry and Jeff Green,” Rondo said.

“We have high expectations every year… I think we got a lot better than last year.”

Rondo is in China on a Nike-sponsored tour. And he is right, the Celtics will be deeper and better than last year. The question remains is that going to be enough?

I don’t think so, I think they need a lot of things to go right to have a shot. Miami will be better and they are still the team to beat in the East. And the entire NBA if you ask league executives. But even if the Heat falter a little and he Celtics can win the East there are questions about how they would fare against the Lakers or the Thunder out of the West.

But I wouldn’t want Rondo to say or think anything else. He’s a Celtic, he should be thinking title.

LINK (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/rondo-says-he-expects-celtics-to-win-nba-title-this-year/)

I think they are good enough to make a nice series with Miami. Courtney Lee, Jet, and Avery Bradley will collectively replace Ray Allen's production. If Green returns to form he'll be a solid backup for The Truth. I really like their draft in getting Fab Melo to plug the middle and Sullinger to back up KG. Plus, Rondo >> Chalmers.

It might not be a cakewalk to the Finals for Miami after all. :toast

Discuss sons.

baseline bum
08-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Courney Lee sucks, but it'll be interested to see if Bradley can take a step to living up to his HS hype with a starting job now. It's not crazy to think they have a shot at Miami though considering how well they played them with Pierce almost completely broken down (he moved so badly on that sprained MCL), Allen in pretty horrible shape too, and no Bradley.

NickiRasgo
09-01-2012, 12:00 AM
They've done a great job this off-season. Kind of underrated for me just like what Mavs did though.

By the way he watched the UAAP last Thursday, it was my first time to cover and I was lucky that I saw him there.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539425_3817579711272_867785205_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418970_3820920834798_493281748_n.jpg

baseline bum
09-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Giving Jeff Green $9 million a year for 4 years was monumentally stupid, but outside of that they had a great offseason.

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Giving Jeff Green $9 million a year for 4 years was monumentally stupid, but outside of that they had a great offseason.

Ainge really liked Jeff before he went down. He's not a star, but I would trust him to win his matchups against either Miller, Shard, or Jones. he could give them a lift in tandem with either Bass or Sullinger coming off the bench.

LnGrrrR
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Agreed BB. I have no idea why they did that. He better live up to that, though I highly doubt it. He's a 6'9" baller that plays like he's 6'6".

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Courney Lee sucks, but it'll be interested to see if Bradley can take a step to living up to his HS hype with a starting job now. It's not crazy to think they have a shot at Miami though considering how well they played them with Pierce almost completely broken down (he moved so badly on that sprained MCL), Allen in pretty horrible shape too, and no Bradley.

Lee is an energy player. So is Bradley and Jet. The Celtics looked old and lethargic against Miami. These 3 guys can all run with Rondo to make things interesting. That's an element they really didn't really have last year.

racm
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
They've done a great job this off-season. Kind of underrated for me just like what Mavs did though.

By the way he watched the UAAP last Thursday, it was my first time to cover and I was lucky that I saw him there.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539425_3817579711272_867785205_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418970_3820920834798_493281748_n.jpg

He and Jeron Teng should go 1 on 1 :downspin:

Ainge really liked Jeff before he went down. He's not a star, but I would trust him to win his matchups against either Miller, Shard, or Jones. he could give them a lift in tandem with either Bass or Sullinger coming off the bench.

He'll have to win the starting spot though.

Agreed BB. I have no idea why they did that. He better live up to that, though I highly doubt it. He's a 6'9" baller that plays like he's 6'6".

Tweener all over. :hat

baseline bum
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM
The Celtics looked old and lethargic because Pierce had a badly sprained MCL. Everyone looks old and lethargic trying to move with a knee injury like that. No doubt they win that series with a healthy Pierce last year though.

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 12:40 AM
^ Agreed. I'm still picking Miami to come out the East (just barely though). Boston improved through FA and the draft. Their bigs are better than Miami's collectively and they added speed on the perimeter. Should be a good series.

racm
09-01-2012, 12:47 AM
The Heat don't get pushed to 7 games with a healthy Bosh, though :stirpot:

racm
09-01-2012, 12:53 AM
^ Agreed. I'm still picking Miami to come out the East (just barely though). Boston improved through FA and the draft. Their bigs are better than Miami's collectively and they added speed on the perimeter. Should be a good series.

Boston reminds me of the Spurs, but with a defensive instead of offensive focus.

IMO a Lakers/Celtics finals would be preferable to Lakers/Heat because of the classic rivalry and all :downspin:

Latarian Milton
09-01-2012, 01:04 AM
its not like life would be easier for the lakers when they have to overcome spurs AND thunder in order to come out of the west imho. celts are old as fuck now and are hardly a threat to us, little bony nig just deludes himself to thinking they have sort of a chance against us miami tbh

racm
09-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Do the Spurs/Thunder have anyone to stop Dwight? :stirpot:

Though tbh if someone on either team gets hot from 3 a la Terry they win.

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Boston reminds me of the Spurs, but with a defensive instead of offensive focus.

IMO a Lakers/Celtics finals would be preferable to Lakers/Heat because of the classic rivalry and all :downspin:

I'd love to see Pau give KG one more beatdown. But Boston has to get by Miami first. ;)

racm
09-01-2012, 01:14 AM
I'd love to see Pau give KG one more beatdown. But Boston has to get by Miami first. ;)

Nah, it will be Dwight eating up KG. :lol

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:16 AM
its not like life would be easier for the lakers when they have to overcome spurs AND thunder in order to come out of the west imho. celts are old as fuck now and are hardly a threat to us, little bony nig just deludes himself to thinking they have sort of a chance against us miami tbh

The Lakers filled their glaring hole at PG, upgraded at center, and bolstered their bench. Even without all that, they were a few bone headed possessions away from taking control of their series with OKC last year. They will take out OKC or SA in no more than 6 this year.

Stay on topic though. This thread is about Boston.

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:16 AM
We'll probably watch an OKC/Miami re-match anyways...

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Nah, it will be Dwight eating up KG. :lol

:lol

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:18 AM
taking control of their series with OKC last year

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ghI2knp4txs/Sm9TGGZw0KI/AAAAAAAAHtI/dDe_zE9SfZ0/s400/rose_colored_glasses.jpg

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:19 AM
We'll probably watch an OKC/Miami re-match anyways...

Quoting for future reference. :td

racm
09-01-2012, 01:19 AM
The Lakers filled their glaring hole at PG, upgraded at center, and bolstered their bench. Even without all that, they were a few bone headed possessions away from taking control of their series with OKC last year. They will take out OKC or SA in no more than 6 this year.

Stay on topic though. This thread is about Boston.

Biggest move was replacing scrubs at the 1 with a guy who can run an offense.

Dwight's impact will be elevating the Lakers back to a top 10 defense. Top 5 is possible but given how the West has more potent offenses I doubt it.

Plus, if Brooks ripped off Hack a Shaq from Pop he won't be afraid to do it to Dwight.

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Quoting for future reference. :td

You never bumped my quotes from last year... :downspin:

LkrFan
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ghI2knp4txs/Sm9TGGZw0KI/AAAAAAAAHtI/dDe_zE9SfZ0/s400/rose_colored_glasses.jpg

We did have leas in the 4th in two of them games and choked it away. :(

LkrFan
You never bumped my quotes from last year... :downspin:

I meant thumbs up. :lol ah nvm. :lol

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:21 AM

We did have leas in the 4th in two of them games and choked it away. :(

A 4-1 series is never close... much less "taking control of the series"...

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:21 AM
I meant thumbs up. :lol ah nvm. :lol

You know I'm just having a laugh... not harm intended :lol

racm
09-01-2012, 01:22 AM
ElNono, it's like saying the Spurs were within two games of the Finals, just saying.

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:23 AM
A 4-1 series is never close... much less "taking control of the series"...

Like I said, in at least 2 games in the 4th qtr the Lakers had leads. Then blew it. Should have been up 3-1 which meant they would have controlled the series.

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:24 AM
ElNono, it's like saying the Spurs were within two games of the Finals, just saying.

4-1 means you lost not once, but twice at home... it's closer to sweep than competitive, IMO...

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:24 AM
You know I'm just having a laugh... not harm intended :lol

Yeah at my expense. :cry

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Like I said, in at least 2 games in the 4th qtr the Lakers had leads. Then blew it. Should have been up 3-1 which meant they would have controlled the series.

Shoulda kept them, tbh... or at least not have Steve Blake taking game-winning shots....

Mik:lol Br:lolwn c:lollling pl:lolys

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Shoulda kept them, tbh... or at least not have Steve Blake taking game-winning shots....

Nash will call the shots this year. :)

ElNono
09-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Nash will call the shots this year. :)

You would hope. I expect Brown to be over his head again this season, and wouldn't surprise me to see his ass fired at some point in the season. Last year he had the "we didn't have training camp :cry" excuse, but that shit ain't flying this season.

Latarian Milton
09-01-2012, 02:14 AM
You would hope. I expect Brown to be over his head again this season, and wouldn't surprise me to see his ass fired at some point in the season. Last year he had the "we didn't have training camp :cry" excuse, but that shit ain't flying this season.

he'll then use the "we don't have a healthy DH until february" excuse imho, provided he can keep his job that long

racm
09-01-2012, 02:43 AM
IMO the Lakers and Clippers should swap coaches. :stirpot:

baseline bum
09-01-2012, 04:05 AM

How could you not go to Blake on that possession when Westbrook fell asleep?

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 04:11 AM
he'll then use the "we don't have a healthy DH until february" excuse imho, provided he can keep his job that long

He's been lifting weights and running for a while now. These are new pics:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUGMZPysfr5ssIXMStL8_-VxpmzQqZvnipRbzPnicHCYFlBeMU7Q

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/dh12workout1.png

:toast

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 04:13 AM

Consider MB an expiring contract. If he doesn't get it done with this group this year he'll never get another HC job in the NBA. I think he knows it too.

LkrFan
09-01-2012, 04:15 AM
And how did this Boston thread turn into another Laker thread? :lol

#:lolBSESSED

Ace
09-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Celtics won't do any better against Miami then they did last year. Non-issue

irishock
09-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Even the OKC-Dallas series was closer than it seemed. Mavs had 3 4th quarter leads that they blew aswell. Face it the OKC Funder got lucky and didn't have to play a team as athletic as Memphis/LAC/Denver, instead they get 3 teams filled with record breaking TOSBs.

ElNono
09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
How could you not go to Blake on that possession when Westbrook fell asleep?

Because Bl:lolke will shrivel 9 out of 9 times...

Andrew Bynum
09-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Celtics won't do any better against Miami then they did last year. Non-issue

Whatever the fuck helps you get some sleep at night bud.

Celtics will be back in the Finals in 2013.

irishock
09-02-2012, 08:29 AM
He's been lifting weights and running for a while now. These are new pics:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUGMZPysfr5ssIXMStL8_-VxpmzQqZvnipRbzPnicHCYFlBeMU7Q

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/dh12workout1.png

:toast

Just an excuse to post that first photo.

Ace
09-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Whatever the fuck helps you get some sleep at night bud.

Celtics will be back in the Finals in 2013.

:lmao Good thing you used your troll account to give that retarded take.

LnGrrrR
09-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Tbh, I wouldn't mind taking the Heat to 7 games again in the Conference Final.

Bynumite
09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Celtics chances of reaching the Finals = Rondo chances of developing a jumpshot... none :lol

Andrew Bynum
09-02-2012, 09:16 PM
:lmao Good thing you used your troll account to give that retarded take.

:lol Miami one and done. Not like their shit fan base will even notice :lmao

Venti Quattro
09-03-2012, 12:11 AM
fuck boston