View Full Version : Bama vs. Michigan

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
:lol Denard Robinson
:lol mobile Big-10 QBs looking like shit against the SEC
:lol Troy Smith pt. 2

ginobili's bald spot
09-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I have no idea how Michigan is ranked so high.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Because wind aided or not, det quarterback is fast!

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 08:25 PM

because the media desperately wants to try and make the public believe that the best teams in other conferences are just as good as the best teams in the SEC ... but anyone with any reasonable amount of knowledge about the game of football knows that is not the case.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
because the media desperately wants to try and make the public believe that the best teams in other conferences are just as good as the best teams in the SEC ... but anyone with any reasonable amount of knowledge about the game of football knows that is not the case.
Sons I agree and furthermore the Big 10 is always particularly bad against the SEC. Denard Robinson outruns fat cornfed honkies who play for Nebraska and Wisconsin which makes people think he's gonna outrun beasts like Trey DePreist or Clinton-Dix. It's the slowest BCS conference vs. the fastest BCS conference :lol

ginobili's bald spot
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Michigan isn't the best team in the Big 10.

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Michigan isn't the best team in the Big 10.

I never said they were. I said the best teams. Its way too early to tell who exactly is the best in each conference, but Michigan is easily one of the best in the Big Ten. regardless, neither Ohio State or Michigan State would do shit against the top 3 best SEC teams either.... and with Ohio State and their 1-9 bowl record vs SEC teams (went 0-9 up until last year) ... I would go as far as saying they wouldn't even rank in the top 5 best if they were in the SEC.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I would go as far as saying they wouldn't even rank in the top 5 best if they were in the SEC.
Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas are all ranked ahead of Ohio State in the polls, so I'm not sure why you think what you just said was something we didn't already know. Congrats on jerking the SEC off so much you're restating the obvious.

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas are all ranked ahead of Ohio State in the polls, so I'm not sure why you think what you just said was something we didn't already know. Congrats on jerking the SEC off so much you're restating the obvious.

son pay attention. we're talking about being a better team, not some BS week 1 ranking lol. I mean for the love of God the media has USC ranked at #1 and we all know how much garbage that is. they have been licking at the chops to be able to rank USC high up there again.

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:06 PM
hell I wouldn't be surprised come tomorrow if they boost Notre Dame into the top 10 now after their big win in Ireland.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 09:08 PM
They also have 5 SEC teams ranked in the in the top 10 and put two SEC teams in the National Championship game last year. The BCS and the press obviously agree that the SEC is by far the best conference, yet you're still pissed they don't jerk the SEC off as much as you do :lol

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:21 PM
They also have 5 SEC teams ranked in the in the top 10 and put two SEC teams in the National Championship game last year. The BCS and the press obviously agree that the SEC is by far the best conference, yet you're still pissed they don't jerk the SEC off as much as you do :lol

you obviously don't know me son. I cheer for my Alma mater and enjoy college football every year, but its about 4th or 5th down on my list of favorite sports. if anything I am turned off to the fact that there is rarely a legit winner at the end of the year due to the goofy system and the fact that the NCAA exploits college athletes for billions of dollars every year and God forbid they receive anything in return for it or they will be punished.

you sound pretty bitter though. I never once said that the media hates the SEC so I have absolutely no idea where you are getting that theory from. I said that the media tries to make the best teams in other conferences look just as good as the best teams in the SEC and that simply isn't true.

lakerhaterade
09-01-2012, 09:21 PM
tbh DOK is setting up some time bombed grenades in BR's reconstructed Katrina ravaged "home".

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
tbh DOK is setting up some time bombed grenades in BR's reconstructed Katrina ravaged "home".

son my home in Baton Rouge was not damaged by Katrina. my condo in New Orleans had a window blown out, but that was it. DOK is always welcomed to come down to watch his Suns almost, should have been cornerstone Eric Gordon ride our bench while on the DL.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
you sound pretty bitter though. I never once said that the media hates the SEC so I have absolutely no idea where you are getting that theory from. I said that the media tries to make the best teams in other conferences look just as good as the best teams in the SEC and that simply isn't true.
Bitter? My college team sucks and the conference it's in is overrated, and that has nothing to do with the BCS system/polling/SEC/factors outside of Arizona's control. I'm not bitter at all. I just don't get why you think the media tries to make other teams look as good as SEC teams. Michigan Alabama was going to naturally get tons of hype since every other game was a snoozer. It was the only game the media felt like talking about, even though Denard had no chance of doing jack shit against Bama's defense.

ginobili's bald spot
09-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I never said Ohio State or any other Big 10 team would beat Alabama. Just because I refuse to deep throat the SEC at every opportunity doesn't mean I think that. I don't give a fuck about conference pride (lol chanting S-E-C during the game). As far as I'm concerned every Michigan player can blow out their knees and they can lose by 70 and I'd be happy.

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I never said Ohio State or any other Big 10 team would beat Alabama. Just because I refuse to deep throat the SEC at every opportunity doesn't mean I think that. I don't give a fuck about conference pride (lol chanting S-E-C during the game). As far as I'm concerned every Michigan player can blow out their knees and they can lose by 70 and I'd be happy.

DOK son nevermind, I got you mixed up with this sissy. he is obviously the bitter one I was referring to.

ginobili's bald spot
09-01-2012, 09:43 PM
DOK son nevermind, I got you mixed up with this sissy. he is obviously the bitter one I was referring to.

You seem rather upset. Why is that? Go ahead and list the things in my post that you take issue with.

DMX7
09-01-2012, 09:48 PM
son pay attention. we're talking about being a better team, not some BS week 1 ranking lol. I mean for the love of God the media has USC ranked at #1 and we all know how much garbage that is. they have been licking at the chops to be able to rank USC high up there again.

Son, SC looks like a fuckin' pro team.

BRHornet45
09-01-2012, 09:55 PM

why? because they are beating and running up the score up on Hawaii? lol

symple19
09-01-2012, 09:57 PM

lol utsa

feelin' swole after det big win over south alabama?

DMX7
09-01-2012, 10:33 PM
why? because they are beating and running up the score up on Hawaii? lol

No, because they have grown ass men on that team.

lol utsa

feelin' swole after det big win over south alabama?

That doesn't make sense.

DeadlyDynasty
09-01-2012, 11:09 PM
SC has EASILY the best QB in FBS while running a pro offense. They also have loads of talent on both sides of the ball so I don't see how you take issue with them being ranked #1 right now. Besides, this shit tends to work itself out in the end anyways.

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:17 PM
SC has EASILY the best QB in FBS while running a pro offense. They also have loads of talent on both sides of the ball so I don't see how you take issue with them being ranked #1 right now. Besides, this shit tends to work itself out in the end anyways.

I don't have an issue with them being ranked number 1, nor with their offense, but they have questions on the defensive side that aren't going to come to light against Hawaii. They also have serious depth issues, especially on that same defensive side.

Imo, the only way they win a natty is if they basically stay completely healthy.

Their offense is beast, though. Barkley pretty much has the Heisman sewn up already, imo.

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh, and don't get me started on their head coach. That guy has yet to show that he can win the big one when he's in control of the ship.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Imo, the only way they win a natty is if they basically stay completely healthy.

Since they are completely healthy, them being ranked #1 should make sense then. Rankings aren't made with the assumption certain players will get injured.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
oh and lol Arizona losing to Toledo at halftime. Bout to go get drunk without having to attend that shit show of a game.

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Since they are completely healthy, them being ranked #1 should make sense then. Rankings aren't made with the assumption certain players will get injured.

I don't have an issue with them being ranked number 1

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 11:23 PM
You don't have any issue with them being ranked #1 yet you felt the need to list every reason why you think they're a flawed team. OK.

ESSSSSSSS-EEEEEEEEEE-SEEEEEEEEE!!!

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:26 PM
You don't have any issue with them being ranked #1 yet you felt the need to list every reason why you think they're a flawed team. OK.

ESSSSSSSS-EEEEEEEEEE-SEEEEEEEEE!!!

I was talking about their long term chances.

What about my analysis was incorrect?

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Nothing was incorrect, it just wasn't an analysis you'd hear from someone who has no issue with them being ranked #1.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-01-2012, 11:35 PM
The funniest thing is that Alabama is almost for sure gonna overtake USC at the #1 school after this week. After that happens I wonder how SEC fan is gonna feel slighted :lol

Avante
09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I predicted Bama 34-10 on another board, the SEC just too fast for those sluggish Big10 teams. Te Big10 is always overrated, the media still thinks Woody and Bo are still stalking the sidelines I guess. Speed is the name of te game in college football.

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Nothing was incorrect, it just wasn't an analysis you'd hear from someone who has no issue with them being ranked #1.

I can give you reasons for the long term chances of LSU and Bama being shaky as well, would that make you feel better? It wouldn't be difficult.

LSU? New quarterback and no Mathieu, although I think the loss of honey-badger is a bit overblown. Their passing game should be better this year but I doubt it becomes the kind of vertical attack that really scares teams (like Bama) and opens up the running game. Miles has shown that he's okay with 3 yards and a cloud of dust, a few TD's and a field-goal, while relying on his scary-good defense to keep the other team from scoring too much. Still not sold on the fact that it's a recipe for a crystal football. Especially against a team like USC

Bama? Winning two in a row, for starters. So incredibly difficult. Then you add in all those losses on both sides of the ball as well as the lack of a game-breaking wideout. While they reload like nobody else, I firmly believe you still need experienced, multi-year starters at a majority of positions to win a championship. Bama lost a lot of those. And McCarron? I didn't really see him winning any games all by himself last year, and the QB is the most important guy on the field. What happens if Bama is made to be one-dimensional if a team puts eight guys consistently in the box and has good lockdown corners like USC and LSU? Or even Oregon?

Bama was incredibly impressive today, but lol michigan and lol big 10 and lol gimmick offenses with midgets playing quarterback

There's nothing gimmicky about USC, especially if they figure out how to run the ball better. There's also that little fact that the Trojans own the SEC

I don't think there are any other teams in the SEC that can honestly challenge for a title, with the possible exception of Georgia (at least talent-wise). But that means they would have to get by Bama/LSU, which, imo, ain't happening

Avante
09-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm a Pac12 fan and USC is my team but a case for Bama jumping over them to number I would be very realistic. They manhandled the number 8 team in the land (yes I know that was totally bogus) while USC played a cream puff.

I really do wish they would dump thee Oklahoma State vs Savannah State type games. Start off like So Carolina and Vandy did, play your conference, only add Rinky Dink State to get the 12 games.

symple19
09-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Do you want a cookie, Avante?

Did you accurately predict that Bama would completely shut it down in the second half like they were playing McNeese state?

symple19
09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm a Pac12 fan and USC is my team but a case for Bama jumping over them to number I would be very realistic. They manhandled the number 8 team in the land (yes I know that was totally bogus) while USC played a cream puff.

I've never been a fan of dropping teams that win, especially ones that win as impressively as the Trojans did tonight.

However, in reality, both you and DoK are probably right

Avante
09-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Do you want a cookie, Avante?

Did you accurately predict that Bama would completely shut it down in the second half like they were playing McNeese state?

What I actually prediced was that the huge difference in the game would be that SEC speed which is...big fast guys and lots of them. It's those front sevens/depth that make the SEC unique.

I do think benching Touisaint (sp?) was stupid. Cowboy Stadium, the Gameday crew is there, nationally televised game, the pride of the Big10 at stake, and a coach is worried about molding a young kid's character, are you kidding me? Mold it next game.

symple19
09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
What I actually prediced was that the huge difference in the game would be that SEC speed which is...big fast guys and lots of them. It's those front sevens/depth that make the SEC unique.

I do think benching Touisaint (sp?) was stupid. Cowboy Stadium, the Gameday crew is there, nationally televised game, the pride of the Big10 at stake, and a coach is worried about molding a young kid's character, are you kidding me? Mold it next game.

:lol Every analyst on earth has said the same thing about SEC front 7's. You're not going out on any limbs there

I had a hearty guffaw when you said "pride of the Big10". Good one brah

Imo, the two most impressive teams to me so far in the big-10 are MSU and Nebraska. Martinez was ridiculous today and Boise isn't a pushover, even with their losses. OSU looked good but played a super shitty team. Will be interesting to see how well Meyer can recruit in Columbus. Nobody really knows yet what the Penn St recruiting vacuum will lead to, but the Buckeyes have the inside track on that (very fertile) state, imo

lakerhaterade
09-02-2012, 12:25 AM
No, because they have grown ass men on that team.

That doesn't make sense.

lol UTSA

dirk4mvp
09-02-2012, 12:27 AM
dok u mad bro?

Bill_Brasky
09-02-2012, 12:47 AM
The only QB in the Big 10 that legitimately impresses me is Braxton Miller.

Avante
09-02-2012, 12:59 AM
:lol Every analyst on earth has said the same thing about SEC front 7's. You're not going out on any limbs there

Imo, the two most impressive teams to me so far in the big-10 are MSU and Nebraska. Martinez was ridiculous today and Boise isn't a pushover, even with their losses. OSU looked good but played a super shitty team. Will be interesting to see how well Meyer can recruit in Columbus. Nobody really knows yet what the Penn St recruiting vacuum will lead to, but the Buckeyes have the inside track on that (very fertile) state, imo

I agree with all that.....damn!!!!!!!

If MSU's Le' Veon Bell stays healthy I loook for him to be in the Heisman talk. What a great looking back, big and fast with agility and great hands..and...can block. Clemson's Andre Ellington another stud, great burst!

symple19
09-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Andre Ellington another stud, great burst!

Tonight was the second time he's run all over Auburn. Kid has amazing balance.

Avante
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Tonight was the second time he's run all over Auburn. Kid has amazing balance.

I know, I know nobody gives a shit about track here...but.

Clemson has had a ton of great sprinters and we see that speed trip on their football teams, like an SEC team they recruit speed. While Ellington wasn't known as a sprinter he has great football speed. Sammy Watkins was a great HS sprinter. Then there was....Jacoby Ford, C.J.Spiller, James Trapp, Aries Curese.

Pelicans78
09-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Taylor Martinez looked really good yesterday. A much better passer compared to last season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-02-2012, 09:53 AM
That dumb looking be@ner always starts the year extremely well then shits the bed.

The Gemini Method
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Very interesting game to see Alabama reload more so than rebuild. I wouldn't be against Alabama being no.1 but I really don't think teams should be ranked until after the 3rd or 4th game. That way, we know who really is pretending and who is for real. I know this though, Nov. 3rd is the day when you have LSU vs. Bama and USC vs. Oregon...that my friends is hell on the football field.

JoeTait75
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Yeah, Michigan hasn't been the pride of the Big Ten since Charles Woodson was there, really. Not sure why anyone would treat Alabama-Michigan as some kind of referendum on the SEC vs. the Big Ten. Everyone has already known for a long time that the SEC is the best conference in the country and Michigan is probably only the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big Ten anyway.

Sparty did look good everywhere other than the QB. They're stacked on D: that's the first time since 1997 Boise was held without an offensive TD. They have to find more ways to move the ball, though, because if they have to keep giving Le'Veon Bell 50 touches a game he's going to be dead by November.

As for PA recruiting, Tressel had a lot of success getting talent out of that state (Terrelle Pryor being the best example.) I would expect that to continue. Honestly, though, Penn State should still get their share, simply because so many of the surrounding schools- Pitt, Syracuse, Maryland, Rutgers, etc- will never have the cache that PSU has, regardless of what has happened. IMO.