PDA

View Full Version : Tigers or White Sox?

irishock
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Looking like the team that doesn't win the division will be left out of the playoffs. Tigers are 1 game back with a game at home against the Sox, looking for a sweep.

Which team makes it?

Reck
09-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I like chisox here.

Tigers just dont look good enough to me. Also they are a boring team.

Flintstones32
09-02-2012, 09:25 AM
As bad as the Tigers have been at points this year I think it is very surprising that they have a chance to tie the sox tonight.

I am going to play the role of Homer and say the Tigers are going to take the division, especially with how easy their last ten games of the season "should" be.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Don't know how this will shake out, but Detroit is clearly the better team, head up, leading the 2012 series 9-4.

Sale vs. Verlander should be epic tonight. I'll probably get the 100th national telecast of the ancient Yankees instead, though.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Yankees played this afternoon, so this is the Sunday night game.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
If Detroit can stay close enough to where the last Sox series matters, they might do it. Otherwise, no. They've dropped, what, five one run games in the last two weeks?

Kidd K
09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Tbh, the Tigers are the team better suited for the playoffs. I live in Chicago, and get all the Sox games here. . .they're nice and all, but they're heavily reliant on low BA players that have power, like Dunn who's literally the definition of "hit or miss", or "feast or famine".

Tigers also have better ace pitchers, which you can overuse in the playoffs. Sox really don't have much that can lock it down there. I don't trust Sale and Peavy tbh. Sale is one of those guys where you're just sorta waiting for that sophomore slump to start, and Peavy has questionable durability.

D etroit on the other hand has Verlander who's pro, and both Fister and Scherzer are legit. Not to mention Detroit's bullpen is full of ridiuclously good pitchers. Your odds of winning when down through 6 or 7 innings are extremely low. Sox on the other hand. ..with a closer with a 4.55 ERA. -_-

Anyway, I'm tbh surprised Detroit's even back right now. Getting Youkillis really helped out the Sox, but everyone here's got the feeling they're on the verge of collapse lately. They're basically lucky to still be ahead with how terrible they've been lately.

I think it's a matter of time before the Sox tank. Hate to say it.

Pelicans78
09-08-2012, 04:22 PM
BA is stupid way to evaluate hitters. Dunn makes up for his low batting average by his high walk rate. He has a good OBP which is more important than BA.

Flintstones32
09-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Tigers are so frustrating to watch this year. Horrid defense. Never hit when it matters. Inconsistent pitching. Only reason they still have a shot at the division is because the White Sox could not beat them in Detroit.

With as poor of a road record as the Tigers have the division will be over in the next 3 games. :depressed

Jacob1983
09-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Barry's team will win the Central Division.

DeadlyDynasty
09-11-2012, 07:35 AM
I want Detroit to make it cause ChiSox won't offer much resistance to anyone

irishock
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Winner probably gets manhandled by NY in the Division series. This is the worst division in sports.

Flintstones32
09-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Winner probably gets manhandled by NY in the Division series. This is the worst division in sports.

Neither team seems to want or deserve the spot. Just give it to the Angels. At least they are fighting for the playoffs.

Reck
09-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Told you guys this team wasn't up to par.

irishock
09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
WTF is going on, DET allows grand slam in 8th after 6-0 lead, Sox just hit a grand slam in the 8th, down 4-10 now.

irishock
09-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Ok, Tigers with a 2 game lead with 4 remaining. @Min and a 3 game series at Cleveland; Sox have the Rays and a 3 game series @Royals.

ChuckD
09-30-2012, 02:19 PM
It seems like the neither team really wants it but the Sox want it a little less. If I had to describe them both it would be Detroit:sputtering Chicago:freefall.

Flintstones32
09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
It seems like the neither team really wants it but the Sox want it a little less. If I had to describe them both it would be Detroit:sputtering Chicago:freefall.

I think winning 6 out of 7 would constitute as "wanting it". As opposed to the White Sox who have lost 10 out of 12.

Jacob1983
09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Obama must be sad that his beloved White Sox are done.

irishock
09-30-2012, 09:38 PM
LOL his prediction for the World Series was a White Sox win over the Nats

It's coming down to my Tigers facing the Giants. Cabrera is the Triple Crown winner, AL MVP and World Series MVP, unless the umps rig the Yanks in there.

Reck
09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL his prediction for the World Series was a White Sox win over the Nats

It's coming down to my Tigers facing the Giants. Cabrera is the Triple Crown winner, AL MVP and World Series MVP, unless the umps rig the Yanks in there.

Yankees wont make a deep playoff run.

Their pitching is not good at all. Their bullpen is even worst.

Playoff ceiling for them will be second round.