PDA

View Full Version : Why is the SEC so much better than the ACC?

Ghazi
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I've seen it asked before, but is there any reason why these regionally similar conferences have such a wide gap? When's the last time the ACC produced a national title CONTENDER? They have what, 2-3 BCS wins in the BCS era? While the SEC has 6 national titles..

Is it coaching..? The ACC has some talent too..

Florida State might be a contender this year, only due to a ridiculously easy schedule. How can they have hte gall to schedule both Murray State and Savannah State

and, Tide stacked as fuc

Avante
09-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I've seen it asked before, but is there any reason why these regionally similar conferences have such a wide gap? When's the last time the ACC produced a national title CONTENDER? They have what, 2-3 BCS wins in the BCS era? While the SEC has 6 national titles..

Is it coaching..? The ACC has some talent too..

Florida State might be a contender this year, only due to a ridiculously easy schedule. How can they have hte gall to schedule both Murray State and Savannah State

and, Tide stacked as fuc

Big fast guys and lots of them.

monosylab1k
09-03-2012, 01:30 AM
You can pay top dollar to the best recruits when your schools don't waste money on things like educating their students.

Avante
09-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Nothing is more important in the south than football.

dirk4mvp
09-03-2012, 01:54 AM
disliking blacks is a lot more important actually.

Avante
09-03-2012, 02:00 AM
disliking blacks is a lot more important actually.

Think about it.

They love football sooooooooooooo much they want to win soooooooooooooo bad they are cool with having black players because they realize without them they ain't shit. Trust me they love football more than they hate blacks.

dirk4mvp
09-03-2012, 02:07 AM
disliking and treating blacks like subhumans a long ass time ago is the reason the south is good at football right now actually.

that aint hard to figure out, even for a pea brain like you.

Avante
09-03-2012, 02:11 AM
disliking and treating blacks like subhumans a long ass time ago is the reason the south is good at football right now actually.

that aint hard to figure out, even for a pea brain like you.

Are you really that stupid little fella? What happened once upon a time ain't got shit to do with football, what an idiot!

DeadlyDynasty
09-04-2012, 10:33 AM
The problem with Bama is they can't win in style...everything is ugly and hard to watch.

College Football needs The U back, where they would tell you fuck off, then proceed to beat you by 50 on your home field.:smokin

Bill_Brasky
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah the title game last year was one of the worst ever. Both defenses were obviously great but were kinda helped out due to the complete incompetence of each offense. Bama's offense was slightly less incompetent, so they won.

romad_20
09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I hate to defend Bama and LSU, but I don't remember LSU's offense being crap when they hung 40 on Oregon and 47 on West Virginia last year or Bama hanging 41 on Michigan this week.

I'm not sure what ya'll are talking about. Those two defenses were above great last year. Whenever they meet its going to be a grind.

Edward
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I hate to defend Bama and LSU, but I don't remember LSU's offense being crap when they hung 40 on Oregon and 47 on West Virginia last year or Bama hanging 41 on Michigan this week.
Jerrett Lee was the QB in those games you mentioned and LSU's offense was good when he was QB and when Miles let him pass. Les Miles however decided to start a retarded chimpanzee with sickle cell anemia at QB in the national championship game. But you're right, when a retarded chimpanzee with sickle cell anemia tosses a shovel pass directly to someone on Alabama, it's Alabama's great defense, not LSU's horrid offense.

I'm not sure what ya'll are talking about. Those two defenses were above great last year. Whenever they meet its going to be a grind.
There's no way around how horrid and shitty LSU's offense was in the national championship game. If Miles started Jerrett Lee and didn't try running it down the throat of the best front 7 in all of football last year, it might have been different, but unfortunately Miles and most other SEC coaches have a weird fetish for watching sweaty, large black men run into each other.

DarkReign
09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Lack of academic standards, cheating on number of scholarships then trimming down and a general willingness to cheat as far as they can to get an athlete through the academic side of the equation so they can play.

Really, the SEC embodies everything thats wrong with college athletics.

Edward
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
You can pay top dollar to the best recruits when your schools don't waste money on things like educating their students.
:lmao

Vito Corleone
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Nothing is more important in the south than football.

considering many of the teams in the ACC are in the south, you come across as not too smart.

The following are southern states Virgina, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. That's about 10 teams.

That would lead me to say you are wrong.

I think what it really comes down to is ACC teams are academic first Universities and won't take some of the idiots the SEC takes.

More important than that, they are basketball first conference and the majority of their schools are more committed to creating a great basketball product than a great football product.

UNC was great when Mack was the coach but they havent found a great coach since then. Outside of Florida, North Carolina produces as many great players and any other state in the south, but they don't keep them and those that want to stay in state have the choice of really only one school that is committed to football, NCSU.

Hard to be the man when your not committed to being the man.

Avante
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
considering many of the teams in the ACC are in the south, you come across as not too smart.

The following are southern states Virgina, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. That's about 10 teams.

I think what it really comes down to is ACC teams are academic first Universities and won't take some of the idiots the SEC takes.

More important than that, they are basketball first conference and the majority of their schools are more committed to creating a great basketball product than a great football product.

UNC was great when Mack was the coach but they havent found a great coach since then. Outside of Florida, North Carolina produces as many great players and any other state in the south, but they don't keep them and those that want to stay in state have the choice of really only one school that is committed to football, NCSU.

Try paying attention ok? I was talking about the south not SEC/ACC. Talk about not being too smart, sheesh~~~~~~~~

And no North Carolina doesn't produce as much talent as Florida:rolleyes

Nobody cares about the acedemic situation, the SEC is about winning football games. These players are recruited for that purpose only and all this talk about graduation rate is BS, these coachs only care about football, obviously they must play the game.

Dude, you have so much to learn.

romad_20
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Outside of Florida, North Carolina produces as many great players and any other state in the south, but they don't keep them and those that want to stay in state have the choice of really only one school that is committed to football, NCSU.

No offense, but North Carolina is not even close to Georgia, which is number 4 right behind Texas California and Florida. NC might be top ten.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239398

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/06/04/georgia-college-football-recruiting/index.html

Also, if you're not from the South you don't understand the culture about football. It's not something you can read about and get an idea. That's not to romanticize the southern love of college football, it just is that way. People are poor, undereducated on average and love sports. Not that hard to figure out.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7512012/top-college-football-talent-comes-south-shift-more-even-distribution-decades-ago

As far as the schools go, these universities aren't all academic slouches they've just committed to becoming NFL factories on the side.. It's not like these guys are graduating with doctorates. Money fucking talks.

symple19
09-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Lack of academic standards, cheating on number of scholarships then trimming down and a general willingness to cheat as far as they can to get an athlete through the academic side of the equation so they can play.

Really, the SEC embodies everything thats wrong with college athletics.

:cry

Yeah, nobody else does that stuff at all. USC, North Carolina, Miami, Ohio St (all good academic schools) and on and on

This is the default shit that people say when they can't come up with anything else

The SEC is not a stellar academic league, no shit, but to pretend that these issues are not widespread in other conferences is laughable

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 09:14 PM
The SEC is good because generations of persecution, slavery, lynchings and being chased by white folk has made the surviving black gene pool in the area bigger, stronger, and faster. SEC football is a case of an entire demographic going through accelerated Darwinism for several generations.

God bless.

DeadlyDynasty
09-04-2012, 09:16 PM
DoK, w/ the Jimmy the Greek goods, per par

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Everyone who knew Jimmy the Greek said he wasn't a racist guy at all. The way he said what he said came out horribly racist but it didn't have racial intent. It's a concept anyone who believes in the theory of evolution should understand.

Bill_Brasky
09-04-2012, 09:34 PM

This wins post of the month for me.:lol

symple19
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Here's a link for you... Graduation rates by conference.

http://stanford.scout.com/2/1066657.html

have a look at mighty UT Austin, lmao...It would have the worst rate in the SEC were it a part of the conference 49% :lmao OU is 44% :lmao Arizona 48% :lmao Georgia Tech 49% :lmao

Of the bottom 10 in FBS, there is not one SEC school...

Oh, and don't start with the quality of education shit, because a majority of these kids at top-tier universities are barely qualifying and then still taking bullshit majors like speech communications, Afro-American studies, and sports management

Here ya go fuckers, a point of pride/shame for Auburn

Over a four year period, Auburn graduated 100% of it's white students, while only graduating 49% of it's black students. It's the most extreme difference in the country. IMO, this reflects as much on the socio-economic background/family dynamic (emphasis on education) as it does on a failure to educate. Auburn has put plenty of caucasians in the NFL, just like blacks, so it's not like they're only recruiting smart white kids and uneducated/unintelligent blacks. Still, it's embarrassing and something must be done to improve it.

NC State and Oregon were the next worst programs on that list

Here's the most telling list that blows some of these shitty arguments out of the water. I think it speaks for itself

Biggest Difference in Grad Rates Between Football Players and All Students
Major Programs

(Difference of 15% or more)

Football Players/All Student/Difference

UCLA 52% 89% -37%
Texas 49% 78% -29%
Georgia Tech 49% 78% -29%
USC 61% 86% -25%
Cal 65% 89% -24%
Texas A&M 57% 78% -21%
Michigan St. 55% 75% -20%
Oklahoma 44% 62% -18%
Virginia 75% 93% -18%
Clemson 60% 77% -17%
Maryland 64% 81% -17%
BYU 62% 78% -16%
Michigan 72% 88% -16%
Wisconsin 65% 80% -15%
North Carolina St. 56% 71% -15%

:cry:cry:cry But it's only SEC schools that recruit dumb kids who wun vewy fast :cry :cry

What it clearly shows is that top notch universities let the same dumbass kids in (as other less academically prestigious schools) to win football games and make them $$$$$$.

symple19
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
It also shows that the problem obviously isn't regional

There's another rather glaring conclusion you could draw, but I think I'll leave that for someone else to point out

DeadlyDynasty
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
It's a lot easier to graduate when you can take courses like Soul Food Independent Study

Clipper Nation
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
It's the polls, tbh.... mad SEC teams are overrated at the beginning of the year and take forever to drop out no matter what, also, any marquee opponent is given an inflated rating to further juice the SEC strength of schedule.... it's a vicious cycle, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
The Pac-12 schools suck because every Pac-12 school loves filling their roster with dumb Ocean N!ggers who weigh over 300 pounds and make animal noises before the game to hype the team up while having a vocabulary that consists of 75 words or so on a good day. This video right here sums up our football team's low graduation rate:

H1lOUzq-KWg

Fpoonsie
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
^:lmao

It sounds like some downsie gorilla trying to teach tha dougie.

Clipper Nation
09-04-2012, 11:14 PM
To be fair, when it comes to recruits, the PAC just can't compete with all them OKG's that :worthy: Coach Pete da gawd :worthy: recruits from Idaho, Utah, and Cali, tbh.....

Avante
09-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Now some reality.

Pac 12 QB's, no other conference comes close.

Warren Moon
John Elway
Troy Aikman
Dan Fouts
Aaron Rodgers

Now add....

Jim Plunkett
Steve Bartkowski
John Brodie
Drew Bledsoe
Carson Palmer
Danny White
Jake Plummer
Mark Brunell
Mark Sanchez

Running backs

Maurice Jones Drew
O.J.Simpson
Marcus Allen
Gerald Riggs...all time Falcon rushing leader
Freeman McNeil
Marshawn Lynch
Chuck Muncie
Charles White
Sam Cunningham...all time Pats rushing leader
Mike Garrett
Reggie Bush
Steven Jackson...all time Rams rushing leader
Corey Dillon...all time Bengals rushing leader
Ricky Bell
Frank Gifford

Need more?

dirk4mvp
09-05-2012, 12:54 AM
A couple weeks ago, MJD was an easily replaceable piece of garbage crybaby. Now he's the 1st RB you list when propping up a conference.

You are retarded.

symple19
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM
The Pac-12 schools suck because every Pac-12 school loves filling their roster with dumb Ocean N!ggers who weigh over 300 pounds and make animal noises before the game to hype the team up while having a vocabulary that consists of 75 words or so on a good day. This video right here sums up our football team's low graduation rate:

H1lOUzq-KWg

^:lmao

It sounds like some downsie gorilla trying to teach tha dougie.

:lmao x's a billion :rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-05-2012, 09:08 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao @ UNC putting academic standards before their football program. Does this look like the transcript of an athlete at a school with "High academic standards":

http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/11/2012/08/peppers_trans_1.png

UNC just 2 years ago got hit with sanctions for recruiting violations and had to fire Butch Davis (one of the dirtiest coaches of all time) because of how much was discovered. They're just as, if not dirtier than any SEC school. Using them as an example just because :cryMack Brown:cry used to coach there is being a huge Longhorn nuthugger.

symple19
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao @ UNC putting academic standards before their football program. Does this look like the transcript of an athlete at a school with "High academic standards":

UNC just 2 years ago got hit with sanctions for recruiting violations and had to fire Butch Davis (one of the dirtiest coaches of all time) because of how much was discovered. They're just as, if not dirtier than any SEC school. Using them as an example just because :cryMack Brown:cry used to coach there is being a huge Longhorn nuthugger.

You'll notice that he's been absent after I dropped the graduation rate bomb. And yes, he's an enormous Longhorn nuthugger who doesn't know wtf he's talking about

Vito Corleone
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's a link for you... Graduation rates by conference.

http://stanford.scout.com/2/1066657.html

have a look at mighty UT Austin, lmao...It would have the worst rate in the SEC were it a part of the conference 49% :lmao OU is 44% :lmao Arizona 48% :lmao Georgia Tech 49% :lmao

Of the bottom 10 in FBS, there is not one SEC school...

Oh, and don't start with the quality of education shit, because a majority of these kids at top-tier universities are barely qualifying and then still taking bullshit majors like speech communications, Afro-American studies, and sports management

Here ya go fuckers, a point of pride/shame for Auburn

Over a four year period, Auburn graduated 100% of it's white students, while only graduating 49% of it's black students. It's the most extreme difference in the country. IMO, this reflects as much on the socio-economic background/family dynamic (emphasis on education) as it does on a failure to educate. Auburn has put plenty of caucasians in the NFL, just like blacks, so it's not like they're only recruiting smart white kids and uneducated/unintelligent blacks. Still, it's embarrassing and something must be done to improve it.

NC State and Oregon were the next worst programs on that list

Here's the most telling list that blows some of these shitty arguments out of the water. I think it speaks for itself

Biggest Difference in Grad Rates Between Football Players and All Students
Major Programs

(Difference of 15% or more)

Football Players/All Student/Difference

UCLA 52% 89% -37%
Texas 49% 78% -29%
Georgia Tech 49% 78% -29%
USC 61% 86% -25%
Cal 65% 89% -24%
Texas A&M 57% 78% -21%
Michigan St. 55% 75% -20%
Oklahoma 44% 62% -18%
Virginia 75% 93% -18%
Clemson 60% 77% -17%
Maryland 64% 81% -17%
BYU 62% 78% -16%
Michigan 72% 88% -16%
Wisconsin 65% 80% -15%
North Carolina St. 56% 71% -15%

:cry:cry:cry But it's only SEC schools that recruit dumb kids who wun vewy fast :cry :cry

What it clearly shows is that top notch universities let the same dumbass kids in (as other less academically prestigious schools) to win football games and make them $$$$$$.

What really makes me laugh is that you think what you posted is a slight against those schools. The schools you listed are some of the best institutions in the world. Getting a degree from those schools is tough. I finished my under grad work at Minnesota, it was recently ranked #29 in the world.

You finish from that school and you have done something special. Same for most of the schools you listed.

Also the sample you listed is tainted by the fact that if a kid enters as a freshmen but then transfers he still counts against that schools graduation rates.

Also special consideration has to be given to BYU since most of their kids do the 2 year mission in the middle of school. I lived in Utah for a few years and they made a big deal about this.

The real difference is that an SEC school is more likely to push a kid through to keep him eligible if he is great or will push him out if he isn't.

I will say that the biggest academic disgrace I ever saw came from Oklahoma State, when they pushed through Dexter Manley and it was later discovered he couldn't even read.

symple19
09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
You should ask for your money back from UM, because they didn't do a very good job educating you

Where did I slight those schools? Or, did I slight the graduation rates of their football programs?

And how does that sample taint those schools I listed? Do other schools not have transfers? Are UT-Austin and the 3 others I mentioned anomalies? Hardly.

Kids from BYU, don't they come back after their mission to finish school? Yes. I'm guessing the Stanford study took that into consideration. Even if they didn't, it's not hard to imagine that football players there are way below the normal student in terms of academic achievement.

You're borderline special. Take the blinders off and realize that sub-par academic performance by football players is the rule and not the exception at football factory Universities, regardless of the academic reputation that institution has.

Thus, your "education" argument is garbage, and the real reason the SEC dominates football lies somewhere else.

DarkReign
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Yeah, nobody else does that stuff at all. USC, North Carolina, Miami, Ohio St (all good academic schools) and on and on

This is the default shit that people say when they can't come up with anything else

The SEC is not a stellar academic league, no shit, but to pretend that these issues are not widespread in other conferences is laughable

I am not crying, sorry to disappoint you.

I dont care about college sports beyond football and thats only because, well, its fucking football.

But, as I understand it, for instance, not one SEC school would even qualify academically to be admitted in the Big10. Academics suck, research is second rate, etc, etc.

Bla bla bla

You dont care, I get it, but really I dont either. My only point to posting in this thread was to say that yes, the SEC is the godly conference in college football. More kids are drafted into the NFL out of the SEC than any other for good reason.

But dont pretend like the SEC competes on a level playing field. They dont, they are the worst offenders and the best one can do is pick and choose one team from this conference (Ohio St) and one team from this conference (USC) that even compare to damn near every team in the SEC as far as rampant, blatant cheating goes.

Its fine, really, I am not mad or crying. But have some objectivity on the subject. No other conference operates the same way, with the same ridiculously low academic standards, with the over-signing of scholarships only to pare down before the deadline, with the blatant middle school curriculum for athletes all done by a tutor, etc.

They are the preeminent conference in college athletics but it isnt for the reasons stated in this thread.

Vito Corleone
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM

H1lOUzq-KWg

A good buddy of mine was a Maure from New Zealand, he came here to play football, but his back ground was rugby. The guy was 6'8 and weighed about 310. He ran a 40 in about 4.7.

The things I remember most about him is that we wouldn't let him take a dump in our toilet because his crap was the size of a damn log and would clog our toilet every time.

He ended up playing about 12 years in the NFL for the Vikings. His name was David Dixon, we always called him Kiwi.

One of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he was also an amazing singer. Very weird for a guy his size.

Clipper Nation
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
But, as I understand it, for instance, not one SEC school would even qualify academically to be admitted in the Big10. Academics suck, research is second rate, etc, etc.
That's bullshit, considering the B1G let Nebraska in after they got kicked out of the AAU, tbh.....

Vito Corleone
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
That's bullshit, considering the B1G let Nebraska in after they got kicked out of the AAU, tbh.....

That is pure BS, Nebraska was still a member of the AAU when they joined the B1G, it was a fellow B1G school that cast the deciding vote to kick them out.

It was a huge black eye to the Huskers, and made many Longhorn fans laugh.