PDA

View Full Version : Dexter - S7

JudynTX
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Because Dexter S7 deserves its own thread.

2NzpnjVmuCA

AussieFanKurt
09-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Watched seasons 1 and 2 and fucking loved it but season 3 put me off it. Didn't even know it was still going, worth it to catch up? Can I just miss season 3 altogether

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Watched seasons 1 and 2 and fucking loved it but season 3 put me off it. Didn't even know it was still going, worth it to catch up? Can I just miss season 3 altogether
Season 3 is the worst season (I didn't think it was bad, just not as good as the other seasons). Season 4 is by far the best one though so if you started watching again you'd like it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Anyone who doesn't wanna know what immediately happens w/ Deb catching Dexter shouldn't watch that trailer btw.

AussieFanKurt
09-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Anyone who doesn't wanna know what immediately happens w/ Deb catching Dexter shouldn't watch that trailer btw.

Isn't this kind of a spoiler in itself?

Season 3 is the worst season (I didn't think it was bad, just not as good as the other seasons). Season 4 is by far the best one though so if you started watching again you'd like it.

Yeah maybe I'll start watching again and just skip season 3 and just read what happens

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Isn't this kind of a spoiler in itself?
No, because the last season ended w/ Deb catching Dexter.

gaKNOW!blee
09-04-2012, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up...i was just about to click it.

Trill Clinton
09-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Dexter is the only reason I still have Showtime.

BlackSwordsMan
09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
The whole debra dexter sister/brother thing is pretty hot.

JudynTX
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Dexter is the only reason I still have Showtime.

:D Are you sure it's not because of the show Gigolo's?

Reck
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM

Season 3 is the worst? I liked it.

To me, season 6 was by far the weakest.

~~~~~SEASON 6 SPOILER BELOW~~~~~

The whole imaginary professor as the bad guy was dumb and really unnesesary. Season 6 bad guy was a tremendous weakling.

And the whole Deb in love with Dexter was just kind of disgusting. Its like they ran out of ideas and decided to throw in that subplot.

ace3g
09-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Season premiere tonight, can't wait

some spoilers in this preview of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VG3w5KHrgLU

Reck
09-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Boardwalk Empire>Dexter?Homeland

Can this night be topped? Dont think so.

ace3g
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Boardwalk Empire>Dexter?Homeland

Can this night be topped? Dont think so.

Sunday Oct 14th when The Walking Dead starts up again

Trill Clinton
09-30-2012, 06:57 PM
:D Are you sure it's not because of the show Gigolo's?
:lol

ace3g
09-30-2012, 11:27 PM
What did you guys think about the 1st episode?

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Doakes 2.0 getting whacked was weak, it was basically, hey lets get everybody at the police department to look at something else. LaGuerta is buying it this season, Deb's initial attitude is weird considering how she knowingly let a murderer free 2 seasons ago.

Reck
10-01-2012, 02:56 AM
What did you guys think about the 1st episode?

Was great. Did not dissapoint.

Was a little worried with the half ass explanation Dexter gave to Deb about snapping. Came off as not belieable at all.

It was good to see her put it all together in 1 episode basically.
(http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2320)

Trainwreck2100 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2320)

I know he wasn't going to last long. I always thought he was an arogant idiot.

He wasn't even close to being Doakes 2.0

And Deb letting Lumen go was different. She didn't know her at all but understood why.

She's going to feel different with Dexter for obvious reasons.

JudynTX
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Dexter is screwed, not only is Deb putting 2+2 together, but LaGuerta is too. And WTF is up with Louis cancelling Dexter's credit cards?
That dude is next on Dexter's table. :cuss

Reck
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Dexter is screwed, not only is Deb putting 2+2 together, but LaGuerta is too. And WTF is up with Louis cancelling Dexter's credit cards?

Is about time LaGuarta dies.

She's been extra baggage since season 4.

Louis is still butthurt from last season when Dexter told him to fuck off. Acting like a petulant child ever since. :lol

angrydude
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
La Guerta is dead no doubt. Heck in the books they killed her off in the very first one. It would also be very "shocking" for the show.

I. Hustle
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I miss Julie Benz. I know her character was annoying but she was nice to look at.

JudynTX
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Is about time LaGuarta dies.

She's been extra baggage since season 4.

Louis is still butthurt from last season when Dexter told him to fuck off. Acting like a petulant child ever since. :lol

There's always someone I want Dexter to chop up next. :lol

La Guerta is dead no doubt. Heck in the books they killed her off in the very first one. It would also be very "shocking" for the show.

She needs to end up on Dexter's table too.

I miss Julie Benz. I know her character was annoying but she was nice to look at.

Her death was horrible. :(

Trill Clinton
10-01-2012, 04:51 PM

yea i can't stand that guy.

i think dexter will somehow pin the bay harbor butcher deaths on him before killing him.

Reck
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM
yea i can't stand that guy.

i think dexter will somehow pin the bay harbor butcher deaths on him before killing him.

LOL no.

He cant pin the Bay Harbor butcher on Louis because he wasn't even around then. It would be pretty idiotic and unrealistic to come out and say oh yeah he's the bay harbor butcher. :lol

Plus Deb already knows Dexter is the bay harbor butcher.

Dexter will just kill him and nobody is gonna give a fuck where he went. lol

Trill Clinton
10-01-2012, 07:19 PM
LOL no.

He cant pin the Bay Harbor butcher on Louis because he wasn't even around then. It would be pretty idiotic and unrealistic to come out and say oh yeah he's the bay harbor butcher. :lol

Plus Deb already knows Dexter is the bay harbor butcher.

Dexter will just kill him and nobody is gonna give a fuck where he went. lol

why can't he?

the evidence are the slides, right?

dex kills him and plants the slides, the mannequin hand and knives in dudes house. only deb and dexter would know the truth. if deb is a threat then she dies too.

Reck
10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
why can't he?

the evidence are the slides, right?

dex kills him and plants the slides, the mannequin hand and knives in dudes house. only deb and dexter would know the truth. if deb is a threat then she dies too.

So Dexter kills Deb and leaves Maria alive? Doesn't make sense to me.

Dexter is likely to killl the whole Miami Police Deparment before he kills his sister. Have you not been watching since season 1?

Trill Clinton
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Dexter is likely to killl the whole Miami Police Deparment before he kills his sister. Have you not been watching since season 1?

yea he leaves Maria alive, what does Maria have to tie Dex to the murders?

I. Hustle
10-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I think Deb will take on the Harry role. She is going to help him him when it comes to those scumbag cases that get away clean.

JudynTX
10-02-2012, 07:59 AM

:lol :lol

On another note, this isn't the last season of Dexter is it? :(

Reck
10-02-2012, 02:28 PM
yea he leaves Maria alive, what does Maria have to tie Dex to the murders?

How does that make sense to you?

You're talking about a guy that would skip Miami instead doing Deb in. Maria has no ties to him other then being a co-worker.

Story wise it makes even less sense when you compare Deb vs Maria. Who do you think is more involved in the story with Dexter?

Maria sucks, she needs to go. lol

They had said there will be an 8th season.

Season 7th and 8th will be interconnected. As I understooded it, things that got put in motion in season 7 will carry over to the last one.

vander
10-04-2012, 02:03 AM
finally got around to watching it, pretty good. that last scene was a bit cliche, but all in all the show was much better than I was expecting. glad he's finally been cought, been wanting to see what happens when that happens for a few seasons now

gambit1990
10-04-2012, 10:02 PM
i hope this season will be better than the last two. re-watched season 4 over the past two weeks, and it was as good as i remembered.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2012, 07:14 PM
La Guerta is dead no doubt. Heck in the books they killed her off in the very first one.Yeah, I thought the fates of La Guerta and Brian in the book were better than the TV series. Doakes was handled better by Showtime. Lundy? More expedient than his fate in the books and allowed for this new quasi-incest angle. Deb's reaction to the discovery seems a whole lot more realistic on the TV show. It will be interesting to see if Dexter and/or Deb ends up training Harrison to kill some shit in the future since he suffered the same kind of trauma Dexter did.

BlackSwordsMan
10-05-2012, 07:51 PM

No but is that a good thing? I love watching dexter and all but lets be honest the last 2 seasons has sucked shit. Breaking bad will always be awesome because they knew when to stop. Dexter is just gonna pump out shitty season after shitty season and we as consumers will just eat it up.

BlackSwordsMan
10-05-2012, 07:52 PM
have*^

JudynTX
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Obviously Louis isn't afraid of Dexter. And Debra trying to keep an eye on Dexter. :lmao

JudynTX
10-08-2012, 11:10 AM
No but is that a good thing? I love watching dexter and all but lets be honest the last 2 seasons has sucked shit. Breaking bad will always be awesome because they knew when to stop. Dexter is just gonna pump out shitty season after shitty season and we as consumers will just eat it up.

No, no and no. Another year won't matter, if it ends like it's suppose to.

Reck
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
This episode was silly. Not that good overall.

The whole Deb watching Dexter every move is lame. Hey I ust found out you're a serial killer, lets fix it by me being your 24 hours nanny. So lame.

And what kind of sauce was that? Plain ketchup? I have never seen pasta that bland before in my life. lol

JudynTX
10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
This episode was silly. Not that good overall.

The whole Deb watching Dexter every move is lame. Hey I ust found out you're a serial killer, lets fix it by me being your 24 hours nanny. So lame.

And what kind of sauce was that? Plain ketchup? I have never seen pasta that bland before in my life. lol

:lol Yeah, lame sauce. No meat either. I thought for sure Dexter was gonna throw it in her face.

Trainwreck2100
10-09-2012, 02:02 AM
lazy writing, deb figures out he's the BHB but not once does she ask him about Doakes.

Reck
10-15-2012, 03:58 AM
The third episode was hilarious.

The first 15 minutes or so had me loling hard.

Deb is starting to get on my nerves. Bitch needs to die quick.

Oh and talking about dying...

Louis got owned. Well deserved death. I got some gratisfaction from that. lol

9/10 from me.

AnthonyM
10-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Louis dying like that was the worst. The writers killed off the only character they have been building interest with since last season. As it is, his storyline was the only one I was left interested in. They made it seem like he had a motive, and wrote it off to some whiny shit about him being mad at Dexter for not liking his video game. What a waste of a character.

Reck
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Louis dying like that was the worst. The writers killed off the only character they have been building interest with since last season. As it is, his storyline was the only one I was left interested in. They made it seem like he had a motive, and wrote it off to some whiny shit about him being mad at Dexter for not liking his video game. What a waste of a character.

Louis was never intended to be anything major. Just like the Nanny in season 5 was never intended to be anything more then a regular nanny.

The nanny being a dud was more of a shocker to me seem as how the actress herself has had bigger and more important roles in other TV shows.

The show has way more important stuff to attend to then a minor character. With just this and next season left they cant mess too much with the story.

CuckingFunt
10-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Consider it more of the show runners atoning for the sins of season six. The writers have admitted that even they didn't have a clue where that character was headed when they started writing him.

As someone who has stuck through all six seasons of this show, I am so glad there is finally an end game. I've never been one to be completely devastated by this show's lowest points (I even thought last season had genuinely entertaining moments despite being appallingly written and painfully contrived), perhaps because I have never thought its highest points were much other than pulpy fun with a couple of interesting actors at the center, but the constant wheel spinning of the last few seasons has been an indication of a show that was completely lacking direction. The first three episodes of this season still had bad moments (Dexter killing the Russian in the middle of the airport, the ridiculous voice over, and last night's episode had a conversation between Gedrick and the stripper that constitutes the clunkiest bit of exposition I've seen in a long, LONG time), but for the first time in years it feels pretty clear that the show has a definite story it wants to tell with its remaining time. It's not brilliant TV by any means, but I'm no longer watching just out of loyalty.

JudynTX
10-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Louis was never intended to be anything major. Just like the Nanny in season 5 was never intended to be anything more then a regular nanny.

The nanny being a dud was more of a shocker to me seem as how the actress herself has had bigger and more important roles in other TV shows.

The show has way more important stuff to attend to then a minor character. With just this and next season left they cant mess too much with the story.

I wanted Dexter to kill Louis. :pctoss

vander
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM
that guy from Rome finding the video game guy on dexter's boat was just way too big a coincidence, I hate shit like that

Reck
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
that guy from Rome finding the video game guy on dexter's boat was just way too big a coincidence, I hate shit like that

How?

They tracked the boat's GPS.

vander
10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
How?

They tracked the boat's GPS.

and at that very moment, video game guy just happened to be there

and I'm not sure I buy that GPS shit either, why did he waste so much time going around questioning people and killing a guy is he could have just asked the GPS programmer.
the "oh wait we still can track the signal" reminds me of that infinite magnification pick making fun of one of those CSI shows. "zoom in a little more, enhance, zoom in some more..."

liked the rest of the episode though, but IMO the "see deb? this is what happens when I don't kill" perfect scenario came a little early, should have had a couple grey area kills first to get Deb really pissed.

Reck
10-16-2012, 09:50 PM
and at that very moment, video game guy happened to be there

and I'm not sure I buy that GPS shit either.

liked the rest of the episode though, but IMO the "see deb? this is what happens when I don't kill" perfect scenario came a little early, should have had a couple grey area kills first to get Deb really pissed.

You dont believe in GPS? It exists.

Louis being there is just wrong time, wrong place imo. Not much to take from that other than sweet karma. lol

vander
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
You dont believe in GPS? It exists.

edited/expounded

vander
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
well, now that Dexter fell apart, the only thing I look forward to watching each week is the Zero Punctuation Videogame review :downspin:

JudynTX
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Please tell me someone else watched Dexter last night? Jesus Christ!

G-Nob
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Major shark jumpage is all I have to say. Dumb storyline with the sister.

Reck
11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Please tell me someone else watched Dexter last night? Jesus Christ!

So that's what an emotional meltdown looks like. :lol

Jesus Christ.

ace3g
11-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Jesus Christ.

Deb vs Carrie from Homeland; meltdown city

Reck
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Yeah they should get together sometime. One in love with a terrorist and the other in love with a serial killer. And to top it off both are pretty much an emotional ticking time bomb . :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Deb toking up with astor was hilarious though

Jacob1983
11-20-2012, 02:56 AM
I couldn't stop laughing at Deb's crying. It was a mixture of crying and laughing when she had her meltdown.

JudynTX
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Jesus Christ.

Just wow, she totally acted like a jilted girlfriend. :wow You knew it was coming though.

:lmao No kidding! That would be epic.

Deb toking up with astor was hilarious though

:lol Astor still the bitchy brat she always was.

And ISAAC......................whoa dude! :wow No wonder he cared about Victor so much, he was in love with him.:spless:

CuckingFunt
11-20-2012, 10:09 AM
And ISAAC......................whoa dude! :wow No wonder he cared about Victor so much, he was in love with him.:spless:

So, then, you actually needed the painfully obvious gay bar scene to figure out Isaac was avenging his lover's death? I thought that's been pretty clear all season and that the "I'm in a gay bar because I'm gay and Victor was my gay lover" bit was expository overkill.

DieMrBond
11-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with that CuckingFunt - it was pretty freaking awesome from what, 2 or 3 episodes after he appeared? However, that said - this season has been really interesting for me - been a great season so far. Much better than the last 2, that's for sure.

Can't wait to see how the Joey story line wraps up, and AT LAST I am actually interested in the LaGuerta story line. That hasn't happened in a loooong time.

Kamala
11-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Unlike most people I am very intrigued by the Deb/Dexter love storyline. It creates such a bizarre tension between those characters. Deb is the partner Dexter is looking for. I just can't imagine the show going in that direction, but would love it.

Venti Quattro
11-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Yvonne Strahovsky <3

Reck
11-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Unlike most people I am very intrigued by the Deb/Dexter love storyline. It creates such a bizarre tension between those characters. Deb is the partner Dexter is looking for. I just can't imagine the show going in that direction, but would love it.

Not really. Deb is hardly what he needs.

She's a constant do goodie and that's not what Dexter is really about.

I for once want Deb out of the picture. 8 Episodes in and she still cant come to grips with what Dexter does. I mean, move the fuck on lady.

Yvonne Strahovsky <3

+1 bro

Very nice to look at.

MI21
11-26-2012, 10:24 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Yvonne while she was down in Australia earlier this year.

She is fucking hot.

JudynTX
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
:depressed I was beginning to like Isaac. Thought we lost Hannah there for a second too.

Only 3 episodes left!!

Jacob1983
11-27-2012, 03:58 AM
Doakes. The season finale is titled "Suprise Motherfucker". The burned body at the cabin out in the woods in the season 2 finale was never actually confirmed as being the body of Sgt. Doakes right? If that's true then maybe Doakes is still alive and does have a surprise for Dexter. I want to hear Doakes say "mother fucker" one more time on Dexter before the show is put in the ground.

Reck
11-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Doakes. The season finale is titled "Suprise Motherfucker". The burned body at the cabin out in the woods in the season 2 finale was never actually confirmed as being the body of Sgt. Doakes right? If that's true then maybe Doakes is still alive and does have a surprise for Dexter. I want to hear Doakes say "mother fucker" one more time on Dexter before the show is put in the ground.

LMAO that's wishful thinking. We all saw him getting blown the fuck out of the cabin.

Oh and Mazuka did confirmed him as Doakes.

With that said, maybe he'll make an appereance in a flashback or something.

Reck
12-13-2012, 05:51 PM

Well you're going to get your wish. lol

Doakes makes an appeareance and does says MOTHERFUCKER! :lol

Kamala
12-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Hannah loves Dex, but no one loves Dexter more than Deb. She does anything for him yet he can't love her like she loves him. Damn this show is dark!

Jacob1983
12-17-2012, 01:22 AM
"Stop grinning like a fuckin' psycho" RIP Doakes

I thought the finale was a little weak. Dexter is fucked and Deb is even more fucked. I honestly thought that she was going to shoot herself in the head when she saw Dexter about to kill Maria. Poor Maria, she didn't deserve to get killed and Doakes didn't either. Dexter is really sloppy at serial killing in my opinion. He never wears a mask, usually does the kills with the same types of weapons and methods, and uses the same type of way of getting rid of the body. Maria would still be alive if Deb hadn't had adopted incest feelings for Dexter. Well, I guess if Dexter wasn't a dumbass and wore a fucking mask when he did his kills.

Reck
12-17-2012, 03:41 AM
"Stop grinning like a fuckin' psycho" RIP Doakes

I thought the finale was a little weak. Dexter is fucked and Deb is even more fucked. I honestly thought that she was going to shoot herself in the head when she saw Dexter about to kill Maria. Poor Maria, she didn't deserve to get killed and Doakes didn't either. Dexter is really sloppy at serial killing in my opinion. He never wears a mask, usually does the kills with the same types of weapons and methods, and uses the same type of way of getting rid of the body. Maria would still be alive if Deb hadn't had adopted incest feelings for Dexter. Well, I guess if Dexter wasn't a dumbass and wore a fucking mask when he did his kills.

Why would Dexter need to wear a mask? What's the point in that?

Poor Maria my ass. That character needed to die regardless of her knowing his secret or not. She has been relagated to cheap ass 2 minute scenes doing absolutely nothing. Much like Quinn has been a cuckhold all season and needs to be put to rest as well.

I thought the finale was slow paced, too slow in my opinion but overall good.

JudynTX
12-17-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree, the finale was dragging a bit at the beginning, but the last 5 minutes made up for it. Jesus Christ! :wow I knew she wouldn't kill her brother.

Did Hannah leave Dexter one of those poisonous plants? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, bitch is on the loose! :lol