PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious quote from Mike Monroe

ShoogarBear
06-25-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't think he's ever made me laugh before.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/mmonroe/stories/MYSA062505.6C.COL.BKNmonroe.53057e1.html)

It's Game 7, and they're still playing the beach ball drop/grocery giveaway game.

How many groceries would Nazr Mohammed eat if he had to catch those beach balls?

gospursgojas
06-25-2005, 11:33 AM
:lol :lol Nazr needs to work on his hands (ability to catch the ball) during the off season

wildbill2u
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
You are either born with "hands" or you aren't IMHO> Part of it is the ability to think and process data quickly which guides the eye-hand coordination.

I don't think this can be learned although you can drill him on keeping the possiblity of a pass in his memory bank.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Talk about what have you done for me lately. The guy was a big role in our first three series, and Detroit's premier defense makes him look bad (something they do to a lot of people) and everyone's hating on him.

T Park
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Why should it suprise.........

Without Nazr Mohammed, the Spurs dont get out of the second round.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
props to nazr mohammed for, um, well, being a turnover machine far greater than malik rose ever was and for having no jumpshot whatsoever.

props.

T Park
06-25-2005, 02:00 PM
lol.

Forgot the first, second and third rounds so quickly Cryant?

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
excuse me you fucking limp wristed bandwagoning bitch? man fuck you.

baseline bum
06-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Man, what a ridiculous take. Without Nazr our run might have ended in Phoenix.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:08 PM
phoenix? thank horry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL, because you want your center shooting jump shots. If you want that, go root for the fucking Mavericks.

The role of the center on the Spurs is to play D and rebound. If we need our center to hit jumpers to save the day, we've got a lot bigger problems than Nazr's jump shot.

Horry For 3!
06-25-2005, 02:24 PM
:lol :lol Nazr needs to work on his hands (ability to catch the ball) during the off season

Yes! He had butterfingers a lot this year. He also needs someone to tell him to DUNK WITH 2 HANDS! Not 1! Because he is gettin blocked almost every time. He pump fakes too much also. He needs to limit that and go up strong and dunk with 2 hands not 1. :king

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
props to nazr mohammed for, um, well, being a turnover machine far greater than malik rose ever was and for having no jumpshot whatsoever.

props.

ANother post of yours...

these "fans" hate players who do not fit the textbook definition of a player at that position. that's all it is.

fuck the morons.

Not to mention Nazr's playoff TO average was 1.02, and Finals TO Avg. 0.71. Malik's career TO avg: 1.17.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:31 PM
yes, you hated malik rose because he didnt fit the textbook definition of a bigman. and yes, you can't evaluate talent without going to the boxscores.

look, mohammed was doing nothing up front to help duncan. his lack of a J only compounded his worthlessness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Look in the mirror. You're criticizing Nazr for the same shit you're accusing me of being off base in criticizing Rose for.

Nazr played as much of a role in getting the Spurs to the Finals this year as Malik ever did in our prior title runs.

But as much cyberhead as you have been giving Rose, I can understand the hate on Nazr.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:37 PM
i am criticizing nazr mohammed based on his effectiveness on the court, not on boxscores and stats. you know, his motherfucking game, not his height or whatever.

fuck you clueless little bitch. everyone here laughs at you because you act like you know a lot about the game when in fact you know very little.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
So stats don't reflect effectiveness at all?

Everyone just laughs at you for being a dumbass. Period.

I mean you talk like Rose would have actually played in the Finals if he were here. It would have been Rasho starting, Horry finishing, and Malik getting DNP-CDs along the way.

But hey, I guess you feel waving a fucking towel at the end of the bench was what the Spurs were missing in the Finals.

And I STILL haven't seen you acknowledge Nazr's solid play the first three series of these playoffs, singling out him being less effective against a great Detroit defense.

Meanwhile, you defend Tony in other threads for being less effective in the Finals thanks to Detroit's defense. I guess it doesn't cut both ways when you're smoking Malik Rose manpole 24-7 though.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
nazr was never solid in those prior series. he had maybe 3 good games overall in the postseason. he definitely left a lot to be desired, so much so that i found myself wanting to see what rasho could do in some of those games.

thank god for horry this postseason, not just for finals game 5 but for being able to make up for nazr's ineffectiveness.

WalterBenitez
06-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't think he's ever made me laugh before.

DId Nazr use oil in his hands??? :oops

Tek_XX
06-25-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL, because you want your center shooting jump shots. If you want that, go root for the fucking Mavericks.

The role of the center on the Spurs is to play D and rebound. If we need our center to hit jumpers to save the day, we've got a lot bigger problems than Nazr's jump shot.

Ok then start Rasho if thats your criteria. It's interesting that some of ya'll think that Nazr was the difference maker in some of these series.

constantstate
06-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok then start Rasho if thats your criteria. It's interesting that some of ya'll think that Nazr was the difference maker in some of these series.

nazr had key mins against seattle. he was the only guy out there who fortson and james were afraid of looking at the wrong way. he did well in most of the other series too. he wasnt a difference maker, but malik wouldnt have done shit in either the denver or seattle series... not to mention detroit.