PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired by D-Whistle!

LkrFan
09-04-2012, 11:44 PM
He opening up his big yap already:

I won't say that the Lakers are the favorite. I'd say on paper they look great, but you can't discredit what teams have done and the chemistry that teams have built."

In the words of the great Mr. Burns, "Excellent"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BqLTqLcurqI/T9bToofMz_I/AAAAAAAADV4/I1AKOzMGfYU/s320/mrburns_excellent1.JPG

LINK (http://sulia.com/channel/miami-heat/f/1c456903-c425-4263-a856-8f75dc4f596a/?source=twitter)

And no, it's not really shit talk. But I guarantee you Kobe and the new look Lakers will take it that way. Him and Bosh talking already. The Lakers meanwhile are quiet. They are better off shutting the fuck up. It's on. :downspin:

lefty
09-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Eh...

DPG21920
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Then Kobe is mentally weak tbh..

venky
09-05-2012, 12:14 AM
This is such a non story. What did you expect him to say.

Ice009
09-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Kobe is a faggot if he takes it that way.

These kind of threads are exactly why people think most Laker fans are such tools.

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Then Kobe is mentally weak tbh..

Mentally weak? Really? If anything he is too head strong.

HeatChamps
09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
For a second I was scared. The only thing that could stop this team is what they do off the court. Dynasty still on. :)

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 02:23 AM
For a second I was scared. The only thing that could stop this team is what they do off the court. Dynasty still on. :)

Although this thread is to troll Heat fans and Laker haters (is there a difference? :lol), I know damn well you guys aren't as confident that the Heat are going to repeat as y'all were back in June. Funny how things change. ;)

I got 3 words for the thought of a Heat repeat: not gone happen (or: one and done). :lol

tlongII
09-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Considering the Lakers won't even win the West I don't think it's a big deal.

PGDynasty24
09-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Your reaching bro...

scanry
09-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Considering the Lakers won't even win the West I don't think it's a big deal.

You'd be surprised to see what a healthy big man can bring to a team.

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Your reaching bro...

:lol - not reaching, hence the :downspin: at the end of my post. :)

rayjayjohnson
09-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Kobe is a faggot.

weebo
09-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Kobe is fucking old :lol

Ace
09-05-2012, 08:23 AM
This is such a non story. What did you expect him to say.

Your reaching bro...

Kobe is a faggot if he takes it that way.

These kind of threads are exactly why people think most Laker fans are such tools.

Eh...

Another LkrFag fail :rollin

Latarian Milton
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Although this thread is to troll Heat fans and Laker haters (is there a difference? :lol), I know damn well you guys aren't as confident that the Heat are going to repeat as y'all were back in June. Funny how things change. ;)

I got 3 words for the thought of a Heat repeat: not gone happen (or: one and done). :lol

seriously you dont have no other team to pick as the championship winner if the heat don't win. lakers were the most successful basketball team in the past decade or so, but that time is gone and the Heat dynasty has begun. we got the strongest squad the league has seen since the 96-98 bulls and we're deep as FUCK this year, so even if we lost two or three players due to injury, as long as our alpha nig Bron stays healthy, we have enough depth to absorb the impacts of such injuries and will still dominate the league effortlessly tbh

DPG21920
09-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Mentally weak? Really? If anything he is too head strong.

Really. If he needs this as some sort of motivation or reads these comments as "shots fired" he is even more mentally weak than we thought.

redzero
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Wow, what a completely pointless story. You trying to spin this into something else is ridiculous.

djohn2oo8
09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Shots fired by Kobe. They all missed. :lol

Clipper Nation
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Damn, D-Whistle with the COLD smackdown of Rape-Whistle....

BoricuaCJA
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
:lol

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Another LkrFag fail :rollin

:lol @ those of you that took this thread seriously. Especially you. :lol

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 03:19 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow, what a completely pointless story. You trying to spin this into something else is ridiculous.

:downspin:

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Kobe is fucking younger than TD :lol

FIFY. :lol

DPG21920
09-05-2012, 03:46 PM
The old "I was just joking after the fact" technique. A ST classic.

Bill_Brasky
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM

:lmao

LkrFan
09-05-2012, 04:21 PM
The old "I was just joking after the fact" technique. A ST classic.

DPG. You should know me by now. Whenever I put this: :downspin: in any of my posts, ah nvm...

Carry on hommie. :downspin:

LkrFan
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Wade on Harden trade:

"It shakes up the West a little bit. I think both team got fair value. I'm not a GM or anything but both teams came out pretty good... I'm not one of those guys who fell back too far. They have good depth, Kevin Martin is a pretty good scorer in this league. We'll see how it shakes out but I still think they're the best team in the West right now," Wade added.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8564644/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-finds-oklahoma-city-thunder-james-harden-deal-shocking)

Keep talking Wade. :wakeup

whitemamba
10-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Wade on Harden trade:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8564644/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-finds-oklahoma-city-thunder-james-harden-deal-shocking)

sounds like whistle is gettin a little defensive, sounds like hes a bit worried :depressed

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
He opening up his big yap already:

In the words of the great Mr. Burns, "Excellent"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BqLTqLcurqI/T9bToofMz_I/AAAAAAAADV4/I1AKOzMGfYU/s320/mrburns_excellent1.JPG

LINK (http://sulia.com/channel/miami-heat/f/1c456903-c425-4263-a856-8f75dc4f596a/?source=twitter)

And no, it's not really shit talk. But I guarantee you Kobe and the new look Lakers will take it that way. Him and Bosh talking already. The Lakers meanwhile are quiet. They are better off shutting the fuck up. It's on. :downspin:

Fuck that ugly SOB...the Heat had one of the weakest title runs in NBA history...they lucked up and beat Indiana..how fucking sorry is that...they beat a bright lights / Star struck dazed OKC team that overachieved after "Beating LA"...the nigga bumping his big ass lips because he's scared...

namlook
10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
:lol at Wade trolling.

ElNono
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Wade can talk all he wants... he's the defending champ... you want to shut him up, take the crown from him

Ice009
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Wade on Harden trade:

ahh the Thunder kicked your ass and they are the defending WCF champs, so what is wrong about that statement? Lakers are going to have to prove it during the season if they want to be the favorites. Lineups on paper don't mean shit to me. It's seems that they don't mean shit to D-Wade either.

namlook
10-28-2012, 08:29 PM
ahh the Thunder kicked your ass and they are the defending WCF champs, so what is wrong about that statement? Lakers are going to have to prove it during the season if they want to be the favorites. Lineups on paper don't mean shit to me. It's seems that they don't mean shit to D-Wade either.

What's wrong with it? Hmmm...let me think. Maybe because these are no longer the same teams. OKC got worse in the off season losing Harden and the Lakers got much better.

LkrFan
10-28-2012, 09:56 PM

I knew a post like this were coming. So predictable. IIRC, we were a few botched possessions away from being up 3-1 in that series. So don't act like they were head and shoulders better than us. Also, Sessions shit the bed and let Chuckbrook go off at will. Bynum was neutralized by Perkins and Ibaka. Pau shriveled up as well. Enter 2012 offseason: Nash + Howard added to Kobe/Pau are moves that changes the dynamic of our team drastically.

Quick recap: we have the best center in the game who is DPOY in that he defends P&R very well. He also protects the rim. We also have the best passer in the game in Nash. Look at Kobe's preseason efficiency: 50%, 41%, and about 85% from the charity stripe. We also have the best passing big man in the game in Pau who will help Nash and Kobe get D12 the ball in places to dominate. Athletically, Howard/Pau > Perkins/Ibaka collectively. Our biggest hole (PG) was filled.

Now if you are talking about last year's Lakers, you obviously have a point. This year's Lakers? I :lol at you and Wade for dismissing us so easily. Harden will be missed more than he is willing to concede. They lost their 3rd best player 3 days before the beginning of the seas:loln and have to incorporate no defense playing K-Mart. Thik ab:lolut det.

daspurs
10-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Lol The insecurity of laker fans ... Child Please.

:lol Still living in 2010

Ice009
10-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I knew a post like this were coming. So predictable. IIRC, we were a few botched possessions away from being up 3-1 in that series. So don't act like they were head and shoulders better than us. Also, Sessions shit the bed and let Chuckbrook go off at will. Bynum was neutralized by Perkins and Ibaka. Pau shriveled up as well. Enter 2012 offseason: Nash + Howard added to Kobe/Pau are moves that changes the dynamic of our team drastically.

Quick recap: we have the best center in the game who is DPOY in that he defends P&R very well. He also protects the rim. We also have the best passer in the game in Nash. Look at Kobe's preseason efficiency: 50%, 41%, and about 85% from the charity stripe. We also have the best passing big man in the game in Pau who will help Nash and Kobe get D12 the ball in places to dominate. Athletically, Howard/Pau > Perkins/Ibaka collectively. Our biggest hole (PG) was filled.

Now if you are talking about last year's Lakers, you obviously have a point. This year's Lakers? I :lol at you and Wade for dismissing us so easily. Harden will be missed more than he is willing to concede. They lost their 3rd best player 3 days before the beginning of the seas:loln and have to incorporate no defense playing K-Mart. Thik ab:lolut det.

I didn't dismiss the Lakers at all. I know the Lakers screwed up, they were a lot closer than the 4-1 series win indicates, Spurs were in a great position too and we had a couple of players shit the bed. The Thunder made the finals though and are still the WC champs, I was trying to give them a little respect. I don't know why as I still feel we got ripped off on some goal tending calls and also the second half of game 6, but they still won the series though and I was trying to give them a little bit of respect.

I don't really give a shit about them though. I prefer a team playing inside out that also focuses heavily on defense. I tried to watch them during the regular season last season as I liked Durant, but quickly got bored as I don't like their style of play, especially their reliance on free throws with Harden being the ring leader in that area for soft foul calls. It took me a while, but after the Spurs series was over I almost wanted to hit Harden like Artest did ;).

Anyway, I think Wade has seen these super teams fail before like the rest of us, so I guess he actually wants to see the performance on the court before he acknowledges how good they are. I obviously think LA has the potential to be better than OKC this season, I was just saying that you gotta prove it first on the court before you get those props.

ElNono
10-29-2012, 01:13 AM
IIRC, we were a few botched possessions away from being up 3-1 in that series.

:cry moral victories :cry

Pretty rich coming from Lakerfan, tbh :lol

LkrFan
10-29-2012, 01:44 AM
I didn't dismiss the Lakers at all. I know the Lakers screwed up, they were a lot closer than the 4-1 series win indicates, Spurs were in a great position too and we had a couple of players shit the bed. The Thunder made the finals though and are still the WC champs, I was trying to give them a little respect. I don't know why as I still feel we got ripped off on some goal tending calls and also the second half of game 6, but they still won the series though and I was trying to give them a little bit of respect.

I don't really give a shit about them though. I prefer a team playing inside out that also focuses heavily on defense. I tried to watch them during the regular season last season as I liked Durant, but quickly got bored as I don't like their style of play, especially their reliance on free throws with Harden being the ring leader in that area for soft foul calls. It took me a while, but after the Spurs series was over I almost wanted to hit Harden like Artest did ;).

Anyway, I think Wade has seen these super teams fail before like the rest of us, so I guess he actually wants to see the performance on the court before he acknowledges how good they are. I obviously think LA has the potential to be better than OKC this season, I was just saying that you gotta prove it first on the court before you get those props.

:lmao - fair enough. :tu

LkrFan
10-29-2012, 01:50 AM
:cry moral victories :cry

Pretty rich coming from Lakerfan, tbh :lol

:lol - Nah, just dropping troof bombs. They in trouble. Mark my words. Even if Maynor replaces Harden's playmaking, he is not the scoring (FTA) threat Harden is. Martin can't defend Kwame Brown. Lamb won't get any whistles. When WB is off - or if he tries to "get his" watch KD's reaction. You see where I'm going here. I can't wait to replay them again.

ElNono
10-29-2012, 02:15 AM
:lol - Nah, just dropping troof bombs. They in trouble. Mark my words. Even if Maynor replaces Harden's playmaking, he is not the scoring (FTA) threat Harden is. Martin can't defend Kwame Brown. Lamb won't get any whistles. When WB is off - or if he tries to "get his" watch KD's reaction. You see where I'm going here. I can't wait to replay them again.

You can say all that without going all emo :cry we were almost up 3-1 :cry, tbh. Spursfan gets called out on that BS all the time.

As far as what you're saying, I would concur up to an extent. The way I see it, OKC just basically gave WB and KD more work. Now, unlike Kobe, Nash, Pau, etc, who have all already peaked and are on the decline, KD and WB still haven't reached their ceiling.
From there, I would say it would be pretty crazy that KD would score more than he does. Dude is a scoring machine already. I would think his progression would need to come from improvement on the defensive end. Perhaps adding some post play. You know, the kind of thing Lebron went through already. As far as WB, his shooting percentages are fine. His assist numbers are fine too. He just needs to cut down on the turnovers a bit, and now that he'll get extra playing time (I couldn't believe he only averaged 25 mpg), he needs to be as effective in 30-35 mpg. Will it all come together for the Thunder? who knows, time will tell. Is it possible? Sure.

Don't get me wrong. Everything would've been easier if Harden would've stayed. He's a great player, and if they're going to make up for his production, it's not going to come from Kevin Martin. But OKC is certainly in a position where their stars are still getting better. As I pointed up upstairs a day or two ago, an even better KD would certainly be a scary sight for every team not named Miami.

rayjayjohnson
10-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Fuck that ugly SOB...the Heat had one of the weakest title runs in NBA history...they lucked up and beat Indiana..how fucking sorry is that...they beat a bright lights / Star struck dazed OKC team that overachieved after "Beating LA"...the nigga bumping his big ass lips because he's scared...

lol at koolaids short memory.

:lol okc pushing it into the lakers

LkrFan
10-29-2012, 03:12 AM
You can say all that without going all emo :cry we were almost up 3-1 :cry, tbh. Spursfan gets called out on that BS all the time.

:lol - not emo, troof bombs son. Can you dig it? :lol

As far as what you're saying, I would concur up to an extent. The way I see it, OKC just basically gave WB and KD more work. Now, unlike Kobe, Nash, Pau, etc, who have all already peaked and are on the decline, KD and WB still haven't reached their ceiling.
From there, I would say it would be pretty crazy that KD would score more than he does. Dude is a scoring machine already. I would think his progression would need to come from improvement on the defensive end. Perhaps adding some post play. You know, the kind of thing Lebron went through already. As far as WB, his shooting percentages are fine. His assist numbers are fine too. He just needs to cut down on the turnovers a bit, and now that he'll get extra playing time (I couldn't believe he only averaged 25 mpg), he needs to be as effective in 30-35 mpg. Will it all come together for the Thunder? who knows, time will tell. Is it possible? Sure.
Harden took a ton of pressure off WB and KD collectively with his scoring and facilitating ability. You don't just replace that with Maynor and Martin. When the offense stalls, I could easily see him turn into Chuckbrook. It's in his DNA :lol. And disagree about your progession comment. For example, Pau came into the NBA (soft) at age 21 playing PF/C. Did he ever learn to be tough? No, and just the same and there is no reason for me to believe WB will change the style of play that made him an all star. Just like I don't expect Kobe to stop shooting. At this stage, a player is who he is. WB is no defender.

That OKC trio was hard to stop in the clutch when they were on the floor to close quarters/games. That makes the loss of Harden huge. Why? In this league you win with star power. This goes back from Russell/Cousy, to KAJ/Big O, to Magic/KAJ, to Shaq/Kobe, TD/Manu/TP, and most recently Boston and Miami's Big 3.

Don't get me wrong. Everything would've been easier if Harden would've stayed. He's a great player, and if they're going to make up for his production, it's not going to come from Kevin Martin. But OKC is certainly in a position where their stars are still getting better. As I pointed up upstairs a day or two ago, an even better KD would certainly be a scary sight for every team not named Miami.
Their stars are getting better, but they can't do it alone. Look at prime Kobe (2004-2007). Look at LBJ (2003 until 2012). You need help. If KD/WB were the caliber of Shaq/Kobe, then I'd concede your point. I don't see them ever having the type of two-way impact Shaq/Kobe had. No team could contain Shaq in prime inside and Kobe outside. Without Harden taking pressure off of them, I don't see them even sniffing that kind of production. If anything it will be easier to contain them now which plays right into the Lakers' hands.

LkrFan
10-29-2012, 03:13 AM
lol at koolaids short memory.

:lol okc pushing it into the lakers - who pushed the Nuggs' shit in

FIFY s:loln

rayjayjohnson
10-29-2012, 03:37 AM
you barely got out of the first round with your panties on.

LkrFan
10-29-2012, 04:10 AM
:lol

ElNono
10-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Harden took a ton of pressure off WB and KD collectively with his scoring and facilitating ability. You don't just replace that with Maynor and Martin. When the offense stalls, I could easily see him turn into Chuckbrook. It's in his DNA :lol. And disagree about your progession comment. For example, Pau came into the NBA (soft) at age 21 playing PF/C. Did he ever learn to be tough? No, and just the same and there is no reason for me to believe WB will change the style of play that made him an all star. Just like I don't expect Kobe to stop shooting. At this stage, a player is who he is. WB is no defender.

That OKC trio was hard to stop in the clutch when they were on the floor to close quarters/games. That makes the loss of Harden huge. Why? In this league you win with star power. This goes back from Russell/Cousy, to KAJ/Big O, to Magic/KAJ, to Shaq/Kobe, TD/Manu/TP, and most recently Boston and Miami's Big 3.

Their stars are getting better, but they can't do it alone. Look at prime Kobe (2004-2007). Look at LBJ (2003 until 2012). You need help. If KD/WB were the caliber of Shaq/Kobe, then I'd concede your point. I don't see them ever having the type of two-way impact Shaq/Kobe had. No team could contain Shaq in prime inside and Kobe outside. Without Harden taking pressure off of them, I don't see them even sniffing that kind of production. If anything it will be easier to contain them now which plays right into the Lakers' hands.

While I agree that this league has turned into a 2 stars + 1 second banana league, we also had seen the case where one scorching hot star with a good second banana and serviceable players won the ship (see Dallas Mavs two seasons ago). Again, don't sleep on OKC. They'll need to re-adjust, but I wouldn't write them off just yet.

whitemamba
10-29-2012, 02:45 PM

its ok to hate the lakers if your a nuggets fan tbh.

rayjayjohnson
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
*you're

DMC
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
So bone on bone can turn to the Dark Knight when someone picks on him? Where's that been since, oh since Shaq?